Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 8, 2018 5:12 PM
Jun 2017
Steins;Gate 0 is one of my biggest disappointments in my life.
I'm huge fan of the S;G, It is my favorite show, i watched it about 4-5 times and played the VN.
Since the very beggining i was feeling that something is wrong. I didn't feel Steins;Gate vibe. I hoped it might get good later, but what i encountered is crap animation, cringe humour, shitload of useless characters.
One and the only one good episode which i loved is ep8 which was perfect.
BUT.
Everything other is just horrible.

Story is dull, literally nothing interesting, "thrilling secrets" which are obvious about 5 episodes before any character realises it. Shitload of things that was super unnecessary. Some wierd decisions and ultrapoor scenography (I'm looking at you, roof scenes.
I feel like i am watching some seasonal crap with 6.5 score.
This anime is jumping from one thread to another, it feels kinda pushedn and not fluid.
Cutting head with one's hands? Is it some crappy edgy shit like mirai nikki?
Pacing is wierd. I feel like everything is slow, but individual threads are rushed.

Animation is bad. It is much worse than original. Sometimes even the protagonist in the foreground look more like a potato than a human. The worst thing are fight scenes where Suzu jumps in the middle of an army and it turns out there are Stormtroopers, or guys who cant even shoot. It was horrible as hell.

Characters may be the worst part beside the story
Okabe became superflat, mayushi is completly changed, they even managed to fuck up the platonic love beetwen them established in original. there is shitload of characters that did absolutely nothing, they just were there. Maho is quite ok-written. I like Leskinen also

Music is also bad, i prefered S;G music much more. It is kinda bad

4/10, i think it is still too high because of the attachment to S;G

What is your opinion?

------------------------------
Mod Note:

Thread Locked for not encouraging meaningful discussion per Anime Discussion Rule 2.

Please refrain from creating threads that aim to have some sort of score discussion. Most of the time threads of this nature just devolve into a multitude of rule violations(trolling and abuse).

In accordance with the board specific rules please remember to follow the Site Guidelines as well to further prevent violations.

dipItFooDec 30, 2020 5:28 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 8, 2018 5:14 PM
Aug 2016
No Hououin Kyouma
No Christina
2/10
Sep 8, 2018 5:34 PM

Sep 2017
The original steins gate and 0 will never be as good as SAO and Naruto
Sep 8, 2018 5:38 PM
Jan 2013
steins;gate 0? more like steins;rated 0
gone bai bai
Sep 8, 2018 5:48 PM
we back

Aug 2015
The action scenes are hysterically bad.
CHAMPIONOFDEATHSep 8, 2018 9:18 PM
Sep 8, 2018 6:13 PM

Oct 2015
b-b-b-ut 0 is totally a needed "sequel" to the original s;g and not like the whole point of it is to just hammer in why ep 24 of the original needs to happen

it has deep plot that solves needed plotline even tho we didn't get it for 7 yrs now

in other news, series that continue to adapt a manga or LN and actually are needed sequel are considered milking
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Sep 8, 2018 6:18 PM

Sep 2018
High expectations always hurt.
Like getting unwanted answer from the girl youvlike.
Sep 8, 2018 6:22 PM

Nov 2016
Like some others already said, it's probably mainly due to the new staff.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 8, 2018 6:49 PM

Aug 2008
Only watched through ep 16 atm but yeah... disappointing is the word for it. Lack of Christina and, you know, time travel. Also seeing Okabe be depressed through the whole show isn't as fun as his mad scientist persona.
Sep 8, 2018 6:52 PM

Dec 2017
Hopefully this same shit won't happen to OPM
Sep 8, 2018 6:58 PM

Feb 2018
Realized that it was shit 3 eps in and dropped it :D
One of the better decisions.
Sep 8, 2018 7:04 PM

May 2018
I drop that garbage after 11 episodes even though I love the original one. No Makise, too much slice of life. Too much useless and emo Kyouma.
Sep 8, 2018 7:38 PM

Jan 2016
Obviously cuz there aren't Christina. They replaced Christina with that shitty loli bait, Hiyajo.
Sep 8, 2018 7:49 PM
Jul 2018
Choice of stuff might be bigger reason and also the story relies on too many clinch twists unlike the original. Personally thought 13 episode could make it okay instead of 23 and that way it could been tighter and less sol moment.
Sep 8, 2018 8:00 PM
Apr 2018
cropsini said:
Steins;Gate 0 is one of my biggest disappointments in my life.
I'm huge fan of the S;G, It is my favorite show, i watched it about 4-5 times and played the VN.
Since the very beggining i was feeling that something is wrong. I didn't feel Steins;Gate vibe. I hoped it might get good later, but what i encountered is crap animation, cringe humour, shitload of useless characters.
One and the only one good episode which i loved is ep8 which was perfect.
BUT.
Everything other is just horrible.

Story is dull, literally nothing interesting, "thrilling secrets" which are obvious about 5 episodes before any character realises it. Shitload of things that was super unnecessary. Some wierd decisions and ultrapoor scenography (I'm looking at you, roof scenes.
I feel like i am watching some seasonal crap with 6.5 score.
This anime is jumping from one thread to another, it feels kinda pushedn and not fluid.
Cutting head with one's hands? Is it some crappy edgy shit like mirai nikki?
Pacing is wierd. I feel like everything is slow, but individual threads are rushed.

Animation is bad. It is much worse than original. Sometimes even the protagonist in the foreground look more like a potato than a human. The worst thing are fight scenes where Suzu jumps in the middle of an army and it turns out there are Stormtroopers, or guys who cant even shoot. It was horrible as hell.

Characters may be the worst part beside the story
Okabe became superflat, mayushi is completly changed, they even managed to fuck up the platonic love beetwen them established in original. there is shitload of characters that did absolutely nothing, they just were there. Maho is quite ok-written. I like Leskinen also

Music is also bad, i prefered S;G music much more. It is kinda bad

4/10, i think it is still too high because of the attachment to S;G

What is your opinion?

The visual novel is WAY better
Play it

Steins gate is on ps3/psp/psvita
Steins gate gate 0 is on ps4/Xbox one/psvita
Sep 8, 2018 8:03 PM
Jun 2017
Why it’s bad:
No “Sounavabich”
No “Chrriiistinna!”
No “I am Mado scientist”
No “El Psy Congroo”
No Time travelling yet
Sep 8, 2018 8:05 PM
Aug 2017
Dropped cause the protagonist looks kinda old and lame!
Sep 8, 2018 8:08 PM

Aug 2017
In spite of some bad actions scenes and that the twists are more predictable, is a good show.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 8, 2018 9:33 PM

Apr 2018
I dunno I haven't tried it. Knowing that it's an alternative version alone makes me not wanting to watch it.
Sep 8, 2018 9:41 PM

Oct 2013
I wouldn't call it completely terrible, but I agree that it's not as good as the first.
Sep 8, 2018 9:48 PM

Dec 2017
Different director from the original show. They seem more inexperienced.

I also like how Kurisu is listed as a main character despite Amadeus barely making any appearances. Gotta change that.
Least degenerate visual novel enjoyer.

Sep 8, 2018 10:21 PM

Jan 2016
All I see are just nitpicks. From where I'm standing(as someone who love the s;g 0 vn and the show) it still continues and further supplements what the original is all about. A character changing isn't necessarily bad too(I mean for Okabe his failure would be expectedly traumatic, ofc he'll act like how he acts now sigh). It's just a story of a depressed Okabe eventually getting out of said depression. And I don't even care about plot holes at this point and the animation is something I barely noticed since I'm totally engrossed with the tale of a depressed guy since I'm personally a sucker for those.
Sep 9, 2018 12:18 AM

Jun 2014
It depends on what you mean by it is different, sure it doesn't feel the same and it's not the same creator but I say watch it in it's own and it's good.
Sep 9, 2018 4:03 AM
Jun 2017
I will add that Action scenes on the roof were probably the worst directed scenes i have even seen in my life. It looked more like a parody of action scene, but it wasn't.
Sep 9, 2018 4:17 AM

May 2015
That's similar to the way I feel about S;G, I think that the lack of involvement in drama and tension from the first series made you realize the issues the series has since the beginning.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 9, 2018 4:21 AM

Feb 2018
I put it on hold after 14 episodes but I ll probably finish it after it stops airing. At least so far noting interesting happened that only hinted at stuff from time to time.
Sep 9, 2018 5:40 AM

Mar 2012
The only good new thing about steins;gate 0 is Hiyajou. Everything else is simply terrible.
Sep 9, 2018 7:23 AM

Jan 2012
Well its good enough to complain about it, so its doing a good job.
Sep 9, 2018 7:33 AM

Apr 2018
Didn't watch it yet but the blu ray version gonna prob fix the "bad" action scenes
Sep 9, 2018 8:51 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Akerakai said:
Didn't watch it yet but the blu ray version gonna prob fix the "bad" action scenes
First 8 episodes already got fixed up on the blu-rays, so the same could happen with the rest of the series.
Sep 9, 2018 2:25 PM
Nov 2016
-Funland- said:
Hopefully this same shit won't happen to OPM

We can only hope!

But yeah, I've been shitting on Steins;Gate 0 a lot in the past weeks so I probably shouldn't even say anything else here because I'll be just repeating myself but like everyone else said, I'm also disappointed with Steins;Gate 0.
Sep 10, 2018 9:24 AM

Sep 2018
What's going on here? Steins;Gate 0 VN is extremely hard to adapt! Anime is not as good as first season but not as bad as you guys are complaining here!
"Music is also bad, i prefered S;G music much more. It is kinda bad"
Really? I find it has best ost, even better than S;G 0 VN, S;G VN and S;G anime LOL! All soundtracks are super great: Messenger, Believe Me-zero, Fatima, Last Game, World-Line, Lyra, A Song Played by the Stars, Re-Awake,...and so so many great unreleased soundtracks in ep 8, 14, 16,...
Steins;Gate 0 Anime has best ost of all time!

cropsini said:

The only thing i agree!
DragonKnight92Sep 10, 2018 9:44 AM
Sep 10, 2018 10:22 AM

Nov 2015
I love the adaptation because: Despise the staff decision of mix the routes, they are adding new content and fixing the problems that the S;G 0 VN has. Some examples are episodes 3,8,15,16.
They also added content from the CD drama Beta and The Epigraph manga.
We got the recursive mother goose chapter, which has an important lesson to Okabe.
The new ost is amazing(new songs and new versions from the Ost of the VN.
Sep 10, 2018 10:57 AM

Sep 2018
Spidersaint said:
I love the adaptation because: Despise the staff decision of mix the routes, they are adding new content and fixing the problems that the S;G 0 VN has. Some examples are episodes 3,8,15,16.
We got the recursive mother goose chapter, which has an important lesson to Okabe.

Yeah those guys here are blindly complaining everything! As i said, Steins;Gate 0 VN is extremely hard to adapt! The only way to adapt is mixing the routes and Anime did it not great but good enough. I think only VN-players find anime good LOL. Others were "disillusioned" because of their overhype. So they are calling S;G 0 Anime is sh*t wtf?
Anime 7.7/10 for me! Bluray will make it 8/10 or even higher!
DragonKnight92Sep 10, 2018 11:07 AM
Sep 10, 2018 1:27 PM
Nov 2016
Silverstorm92 said:
Spidersaint said:

Yeah those guys here are blindly complaining everything! As i said, Steins;Gate 0 VN is extremely hard to adapt! The only way to adapt is mixing the routes and Anime did it not great but good enough. I think only VN-players find anime good LOL. Others were "disillusioned" because of their overhype. So they are calling S;G 0 Anime is sh*t wtf?

Let's be honest here, if Steins;Gate 0 was another anime the rating would probably be below 8 by now, the only reason this anime is still high is because it has the name "Steins;Gate" in it, it's not because this is good or anything, it's because is riding in the success of the OG Steins;Gate.

We are not blindly complaining here, I know the VN is hard to adapt but a better director would have done a much better job, I will give this director praise for episode 8 which I considered a masterpiece but the rest of the episodes weren't that interesting apart from some good episodes like episode 13 and 19 that I liked.

The pacing of this anime sucks, it never got anywhere, in the last 4 episodes is where it started to get somewhere, this was the nail in the coffin for me. Also, the concept of Amadeus or A.I wasn't even used in the whole anime. Amadeus was just a minor filler character that was there just to talk random crap with Maho and Okabe and that got boring pretty fast, there was no good story or plot behind that concept, it appears that it will be used in the last 3 episodes but after 20 episodes I don't even care anymore, they had enough time to provide some good Thriller, Drama and Sci-Fi in the previous episodes but instead we had Slice of Life with some cringy Drama in most of the episodes and you find this acceptable? most of the people that liked this anime are mostly VN players but for anime-only viewers this anime is not cutting it and the pacing sucks.
xZabuzaxSep 10, 2018 1:44 PM
Sep 10, 2018 9:26 PM

Sep 2018
xZabuzax said:
Silverstorm92 said:

Let's be honest here, if Steins;Gate 0 was another anime the rating would probably be below 8 by now, the only reason this anime is still high is because it has the name "Steins;Gate" in it, it's not because this is good or anything, it's because is riding in the success of the OG Steins;Gate.

We are not blindly complaining here, I know the VN is hard to adapt but a better director would have done a much better job, I will give this director praise for episode 8 which I considered a masterpiece but the rest of the episodes weren't that interesting apart from some good episodes like episode 13 and 19 that I liked.

The pacing of this anime sucks, it never got anywhere, in the last 4 episodes is where it started to get somewhere, this was the nail in the coffin for me. Also, the concept of Amadeus or A.I wasn't even used in the whole anime. Amadeus was just a minor filler character that was there just to talk random crap with Maho and Okabe and that got boring pretty fast, there was no good story or plot behind that concept, it appears that it will be used in the last 3 episodes but after 20 episodes I don't even care anymore, they had enough time to provide some good Thriller, Drama and Sci-Fi in the previous episodes but instead we had Slice of Life with some cringy Drama in most of the episodes and you find this acceptable? most of the people that liked this anime are mostly VN players but for anime-only viewers this anime is not cutting it and the pacing sucks.

Yes the director was bad and the animation was disgusting. I totally agree but Anime is not too "bad" to call it sh*t lmao. I hope bluray will fix those things
Sep 10, 2018 11:02 PM
Nov 2016
Silverstorm92 said:
xZabuzax said:

Yes the director was bad and the animation was disgusting. I totally agree but Anime is not too "bad" to call it sh*t lmao. I hope bluray will fix those things

I agree, calling Steins;Gate 0 shit is going a bit too far, this anime is average at best.
Sep 10, 2018 11:29 PM

Nov 2011
I don't understand why many fans hated this sequel when they liked the prequel very much.. But this show really needed to repair the weak ending of the prequel..
The prequel was not really good either in my opinion, the only great part was when Okabe kept trying leaping to the past to save Mayuri, the rest are not great.. I agree that sequel is not really great, but I used to the flaws of the series so I don't expected from it too much ...
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Sep 11, 2018 1:55 AM
Jul 2018
I'm just 5 episodes in... and yeah, it is so bad it made me appreciate the original one... Which I consider to be mediocre at best.
Sep 11, 2018 2:12 AM
Jul 2018
While I don't mind emo Okabe and the lack of Kurisu and time travel, the cast isn't nearly as good as in the original. The animation quality and directing is very bad. The pacing is also messed up, with lots of unnecessary filler and dumb cliffhangers instead of actual drama. The soundtrack is lacking, the EDs pale in comparison to the original S;G. You can see the source material isn't the problem, even if all you have is the game reviews. The change of staff is definitely the main reason here, at least that's what I think.
Sep 11, 2018 7:41 AM

May 2016
It's not bad, it's just not as good as the original. But I like it, it gives me the same feelings as the VN gave me.
And there is one aspect where 0 is far better than the original: the music.

squirrvev said:
The change of staff is definitely the main reason here, at least that's what I think.

Only the director was changed, nothing else.
-
Sep 11, 2018 1:41 PM

Jan 2016
Honestly, by re-watching the original Steins;Gate I could find a lot more problems with the show than I did the first time. Maybe because it's been a while since the first season, people have simply grown and are able to notice more problems in the anime than before.
I'm not saying Steins;Gate 0 is perfect, but I don't think it's as bad as some people make it out to be simply because of that reason.
Sep 11, 2018 1:46 PM

Sep 2017
the orignal steins gates was a piece of shit as well,only the 15 years old teenagers on MAL used to think it was good.
RafaelPereira97Sep 11, 2018 2:16 PM
Sep 11, 2018 8:40 PM
Jul 2015
ButadonMeitantei said:
Honestly, by re-watching the original Steins;Gate I could find a lot more problems with the show than I did the first time. Maybe because it's been a while since the first season, people have simply grown and are able to notice more problems in the anime than before.

Same here.
As I said before, Steins;Gate 0 could be 8.5 if White Fox did a great job. The source material is not good (pretty bad to be honest, the only moment made me hyped was the scene when Okabe met Kurisu again, the same thing happened to anime viewers in episode 8). So don't blame the director or White Fox for all reasons.
Maybe something good will happen in the next few episodes but it can't help all the weak build-ups so far.

Sep 11, 2018 9:09 PM

Jul 2017
Unpopular opinion: The original Steins;Gate was also bad.

Crying doesn't mean you're weak.
Enduring doesn't mean you're strong.
Sep 12, 2018 8:48 AM

Feb 2016
cropsini said:
mayushi is completly changed, they even managed to fuck up the platonic love beetwen them established in original

Lol no, this is the real Mayuri, she always liked Okabe. Even if she has some feelings, she knows that she will never be with Okabe because he loves Kurisu, and she is fine with that as long as Okabe is happy.
Sep 12, 2018 9:32 AM

Mar 2018
i couldn't agree more. a complete piece of shit. i think i'm gonna give it a 3 or something.
Sep 12, 2018 9:36 AM

Jan 2009
glad i did not bother watching this lol
Sep 12, 2018 10:43 AM

Apr 2015
deg said:
glad i did not bother watching this lol

You might end up liking it lol

Just don't go in expecting it to be the same as the origianl.
Sep 12, 2018 10:59 AM

Jun 2017
I rewatched the old steins gate and I realized how many flaws it has, its not that good of a show. I dont know why, but I haven't noticed it at first. All of the characters, except Okabe, are trash and it was boring at times. Maybe you just realized that when watching the sequel. I haven't watched 0 yet so can't really tell

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 22, 2018

163 by Alrinth »»
Apr 10, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

197 by Alrinth »»
Apr 9, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 11 Discussion

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

38 by Alrinth »»
Apr 7, 4:11 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

103 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Mar 24, 4:17 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2018

218 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 16, 5:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.