Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Cells at Work!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 8, 2018 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Monocyte is a badass, just a straightforward type of badass.

It looks like bacteria went to attack Red Cells but found little luck. It's not until one of the other Big Bad Antigens came into the picture that things looked more troubling. Pretty crazy episode tbh.

An army of Monocyte is aso pretty intimidating lol. Same with the Killer T Cells. Also, really cute to see the platelets again!
Stark700Sep 8, 2018 9:43 AM
Sep 8, 2018 9:58 AM

Dec 2014
We deal with coagulase this week. Introduced to Monocyte as well.

Platelets as cute as ever.
Sep 8, 2018 10:07 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Rc cell really is unlucky to encounter such a germ though. But she had quite the unusual savior. Staphylococcus's transformation was quite the surprise. They sure learned from last time and their tactics this time sure were effective. They sure had a huge family tree though. The mono's entrance and the revelations about their identities was quite unexpected. They really made the cleaning up look easy though. Macrothage sure is a talented cell though. An entertaining and action packed episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 8, 2018 10:35 AM

Jul 2013
Staphylococcus aureus may be a bacteria who would kill me having the chance, but damn, she's strangely hot (how much I have degenerated?). Still was funny how the macrophages destroyed her. Almost felt pity for her.

Macrophages are awesome too. A deadly elite squad of beautiful onee-san maids. The explanation of the narrator towards the end of the episode regarding they're role made me even more grateful to have them in my body. Many, many thanks for keeping me alive everyday, macrophages.

The original scenes they added (RBC doing her job, the expanded role of the platelets...) were enjoyable. Managed to extend the episode without making it dragged out. Hell, in fact, the whole episode felt too short.

Also, yay, they are going to adapt chapter 6 next week. I fear they would skip it.
Sep 8, 2018 10:52 AM

Mar 2018
Idk it feels like the same shit is happening every episode. It's fun, but I think more could be done with this idea.
Sep 8, 2018 10:58 AM

Nov 2012
art looked kinda off this episode but it was still fun. i like the macrophages they're both elegant and brutal haha.
Sep 8, 2018 11:12 AM

Jan 2013
It was ok. Not too great.
Sep 8, 2018 11:49 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
I need every episode to include Red Blood Cell poking a platelet in all honesty.
Sep 8, 2018 12:22 PM

Feb 2014
Loved getting some more Macrophage action. But something felt really off about this episode. The art felt off sometimes and especially in the short section today before the opening, there was a ton of reused scenes and animations and awkward headshot animations. I know I've seen a few reused animations in past episodes usually only 1 or 2, but there was a bunch for this episode.
Sep 8, 2018 12:31 PM

Mar 2018
Next week more platelets
Sep 8, 2018 12:32 PM

Dec 2015
@rak-nid It's just busy illustrating health events, don't expect a story somewhere.
Sep 8, 2018 12:32 PM

Jul 2017
This episode felt like it went back to the same, old direction and now it's really getting repetitive. The action was good but I'm tired of the same thing over and over again.
Sep 8, 2018 12:39 PM

Nov 2011
I need a waifu like Macrophages
Hate Keeps me warm
Sep 8, 2018 12:58 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
dunno but im not feeling it this time. Not that it was bad but ... that one was a little bit too much of the same things this time. at least the last few episodes changed things up a little bit.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Sep 8, 2018 1:29 PM

Aug 2017
Macrophages are cool. Staphylococcus died by her own arrogance.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 8, 2018 1:44 PM

Mar 2018
i want to say i felt this week episode is like leftovers from the episode where the platelets save the day making it the worst episode so far but still being souch a great anime. I hope the finals 3 episodes can show us more interestings things about the human body and the cells...
Keshouban Kawaii :D
Sep 8, 2018 2:42 PM

Dec 2017
well, at least i can see a lot of Macrophages here, i dont mind. and a plenty amount of Platelets screentime is always acceptable in any situation

and looking at the adapted chapter, they’re really went too far.

EP 1 to EP 10 adapted chapter in order: ch1-ch4-ch3-ch5-ch2-ch7-ch8&9-ch10-ch12-ch15 and then next week suddenly ch6

and im here still waiting for Hypovolemic Shock before the series ends:(
Sep 8, 2018 3:20 PM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
I think they "ran out of budget" or "had production issues" quite a few times this episode.
Not sure if anyone noticed the stick figures...??

That scene early in the episode with white blood cell / neutrophil had me cracking up.
Finding out that Macrophages are the same as Monocytes.... uh....red blood cell's expression says enough. That was interesting.

The amount of info made up for the nosedive the animation made.
Hopefully they're back in full force next week.
Sep 8, 2018 3:36 PM
Mar 2016
you all know
This is average budget anime
so animation will never steady
but they do very best
Sep 8, 2018 3:46 PM

Apr 2018
I just love how the WBC (white blood cells) act like they're in a horror movie. It always cracks me up!
Sep 8, 2018 4:30 PM

Sep 2011
Somehow this episode wasn't as exciting as the others to me, but it was still nice! It was a bit shocking that WBC wasn't able to get to RBC on time to save her this time, but fortunately someone else was there to save her, and the day this time. Macrophages are really cool!
Sep 8, 2018 4:35 PM
May 2017
rak-nid said:
...it feels like the same...is happening every episode...

In fact, the same facts, with some agents changed, the same way it happens inside our bodies. Life, and its maintenance, is the repetition of uncountable cycles.

rak-nid said:
...fun, but...more could be done with this idea.

I agree but, at the same time, I recognize the genius behind the creation and the fact it is not perfect but more than good enough.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Sep 8, 2018 6:30 PM

Dec 2016
A two-side job... nice cover of identity X3 Macrophage is amazing!

... Staphylococcus aureus's family tree is so confusing =_=

Platelets are cute as ever ^o^ Can't wait for more next week!

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Sep 8, 2018 6:47 PM

Nov 2016
Macrophages fucking rock.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 8, 2018 7:13 PM

Jul 2016
I know this anime have been using reused scenes and animations, specially the beginning of every episode but this one is just wayyyy to much.
I think they have to rush to complete the episodes every week and quality is dropping. Was still good but there was not much "animation" was more like "frames"/stop images.

I don't want them to rush this series is been so great ):
Sep 8, 2018 9:38 PM

Nov 2017
- i always want to hear HanaKana screams a lot,i like that she enjoy her job (especially at scream part).

- Nobuhiko voice acting as good as usual, at villain role obviusly(if i dont misheard it).

- Macrophages is typcal onee-san figures, lol.
Now Loading.....
Sep 8, 2018 9:39 PM
May 2015
Best Episode ever.
Sep 8, 2018 11:12 PM

May 2017
I don't like that Macrophage has a mallet now coz it ruins my image of her with a hatchet
Sep 8, 2018 11:15 PM

May 2015
Monocyte is the Pyro...

Monocyte on the inside, Macrophage on the outside!

This episode did use some previous scenes, and I think there was much less dialogue than usual because it felt like it was nothing but action and the episode went by pretty quickly. Not bad. We can always have more Macrophages in the show. ^_^
Sep 8, 2018 11:24 PM
Nov 2017
bondtux said:
- i always want to hear HanaKana screams a lot,i like that she enjoy her job (especially at scream part).

[Squished HanaKana Noises] :)
Sep 9, 2018 3:14 AM

Jun 2013
I'm happy to see platelets interact with with RBC and be featured in the background doing lots of super adorable things. We need a Platelet-ONLY episode in the future.

Kind of sucked to see the enemy again. I want them to deal with a different strain of bacteria or virus this time. We already met cancer cell. I want them to introduce different disease.

Macrophage/Monocyte is so badass. She's a CILF.
臭い-
Sep 9, 2018 5:15 AM

Mar 2016
I really love Macrophages. They're hilarious.

The white blood cell, who appeared with food in his mouth, was super cute!!

When our Red Blood Cell did everything on her own, I felt like a proud older brother. So, now I am wondering if you can be the older brother of RBCs.
Sep 9, 2018 5:34 AM
Jan 2017
AntwanMantilla said:
I need every episode to include Red Blood Cell poking a platelet in all honesty.
there is a 10-hour version of that on youtube.
Sep 9, 2018 6:35 AM
Jan 2016
Haha, another nice eps, I really love to hear Macrophage's voice hehe...like onee-san for me. Yeah Macrophage did many jobs inside our body that's what I learn in my medical school subject and with this anime makes me more interested in them hahaha. What I learn in this anime is everybody did their own job with smile and full of energy, always did their best, that's what we need to learn for our own lives.
Sep 9, 2018 6:36 AM

Dec 2013
Poor Red Blood Cell is always getting into trouble.

I didn’t expect her under that outfit.
Sep 9, 2018 6:45 AM

Feb 2014
The episode had a few scenes where the quality drops of animation and frames were apparent, but despite that, it was still enjoyable. =)

I wanted more Platelet scenes for this episode and thankfully, we were treated to more scenes with them. My favourite one was with them taking a picture with the WBC cardboard cut-out in the nasal area, which was really cute. =3

The Staphylococcus Aureus makes its return with a vengeance for her cousins. Her transformation scene was amusing, but thankfully, the Monocytes/Macrophages came in, wielding maces, hammers, axes and such and went to town with those bastard germs.

The heatstroke episode next week looks to be promising.I'm hoping the inconsistencies of the production quality will be ironed out for next time. =)
Sep 9, 2018 10:44 AM

Aug 2018
We get the see the platelets getting poked on thier cute cheeks once again!

Also, I actully learned something. I didn't knew Macrophages are Monocyte's in disguise. Red Blood Cell-chan her expression also says enough. :-D

I also learned a thing of two about Staphylococcus aureus, so I can't complain for this episode.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Sep 9, 2018 11:10 AM

Jun 2014
Staphylococcus aureus was cute the first time, it's still cute now.
Sep 9, 2018 11:16 AM

Jun 2014
Timz0r said:

Also, I actully learned something. I didn't knew Macrophages are Monocyte's in disguise. Red Blood Cell-chan her expression also says enough. :-D

That's not quite true, Monocyte will turn into Macrophages in the right circumstance, they also will sometimes turn into Dendritic cells. And they don't change back into Macrophages.
garyborkenSep 12, 2018 1:11 AM
Sep 9, 2018 4:54 PM

Mar 2018
Ranacchi said:
I think they "ran out of budget" or "had production issues" quite a few times this episode.
Not sure if anyone noticed the stick figures...??

The stick figures show up in the manga as well, so there is precedent for that.

I thought last week was much more eivdent as a "budget saver" than this one in terms of animation quality, but this one did have a lot of recycled art, retreads, and flashbacks. Hopefully the production quality picks back up for the final episodes. Not that I'm complaining, still really enjoying the show.

Regarding the episode itself, I wish they had explained WHY monocyte / macrophage transforms. Why does Macrophage need a biohazard suit when outside?
Sep 9, 2018 5:22 PM
Jan 2018

Quality art for all you adoring fans
Sep 9, 2018 5:36 PM
Nov 2017
So their hot springs are in the nasal cavity, doesn't that mean they were bathing in Snot?
Sep 9, 2018 5:45 PM
Nov 2017
I felt like the episode was pretty interesting, just a good time all around. The nasal cavity part was pretty fun.
Sep 9, 2018 8:29 PM

Aug 2016
literally skipped most of the fights.
:v
Sep 9, 2018 8:53 PM

Jan 2013
Another fantastic episode!
Who would have thought that the badass Monocytes become even more badass by transforming into Macrophages, interesting information.

Probably you are the unluckiest red blood cell ever xD
It was so funny to see that Monocyte to change vessels xD

Global warming? hahaha next episode will be great :D
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Sep 10, 2018 6:05 AM
May 2017
With this episode it became clear that the focus is only the immune system.
Sep 10, 2018 7:59 AM

Apr 2015
Visually sorely disappointing.

HanaKana would have had a bit of a sore throat presumably
Sep 10, 2018 1:45 PM

Dec 2016
Who has a worse sense of direction, Red Blood Cell or Zoro lol
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Sep 10, 2018 8:05 PM

Jul 2016
Yes!! Macrophages focused episode!!

It wasn't the most memorable episode but it was still good. Gladly, I could appreciate some more cute moments involving the little Platelests >.< and of course, more Macrophage screentime is always welcome.

It was really nice to see them in action fighting against Staphylococcus aureus and saving the poor WBCs.
Sep 11, 2018 11:01 AM
Sep 2016
Time for Macrophage it seems!! It was a decent episode tho, but that made White Cells look very useless against those annoying Staphylococcus...

Also I loved the way Macropages fight, always smiling but executing with those axes and hammers xDDD

Can't wait more to see another episode of Cancerous Cells!!! >_>
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2018

153 by Seraschi »»
Apr 16, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2018

81 by Seraschi »»
Apr 16, 1:57 PM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2018

72 by Seraschi »»
Apr 14, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2018

91 by Seraschi »»
Apr 8, 5:24 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2018

88 by Seraschi »»
Apr 7, 3:21 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.