Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 22, 2008 5:28 PM
Aug 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ok, so apparently the style will remain the same then. Kind of like a mockumentary in my opinion.

Also, interesting to see the reaction's after the 1st battle, probably quite realistic I'd imagine.
Jul 27, 2008 10:48 PM

Mar 2008
This episode felt like a Command & Conquer cut scene. Lot's of talking about the tactics and the political situation, and then you get thrown into the action. Except that in this case, you're not. You stay home.

What is bothering me (a little bit) is that the character animation is really crappy in some parts - for example the guy running. I don't really like the character design either.

Anyway, it's still watchable (and not as boring as I had expected after hearing some opinions about the show).
ballistiqueJul 27, 2008 11:19 PM
I don't know karate, but I know karazy
Jul 26, 2012 6:19 AM

Feb 2012
Quite nice, the show doesn't offer easy answers but seems to be implying a lot of things about the UN and the nature of war and politics, the things that are left unsaid for the sake of appearing good or at least neutral in a conflict. Just like in the army it's always "the enemy" who is attacked, not "people". There doesn't seem to be much of a story, which is probably intentional. Even if (war) reporting does try to build up narratives, in reality it's just stuff happening, disjointed events until somebody makes the connections.
Jul 25, 2015 6:39 AM

Mar 2015
ballistique said:
This episode felt like a Command & Conquer cut scene. Lot's of talking about the tactics and the political situation, and then you get thrown into the action. Except that in this case, you're not. You stay home.

My thoughts exactly.

Feorg said:
Quite nice, the show doesn't offer easy answers but seems to be implying a lot of things about the UN and the nature of war and politics, the things that are left unsaid for the sake of appearing good or at least neutral in a conflict. Just like in the army it's always "the enemy" who is attacked, not "people". There doesn't seem to be much of a story, which is probably intentional. Even if (war) reporting does try to build up narratives, in reality it's just stuff happening, disjointed events until somebody makes the connections.

Well said.

The presentation is carrying the show for me.
Sep 20, 2015 8:25 AM

Jul 2015
heroashit said:

The presentation is carrying the show for me.

Pretty much this. I've always had a slight interest in war reporters, and I get to watch an anime about it. Looks good to me!
Sep 19, 2018 10:00 AM

Sep 2011
I felt a bit bad for the journalist that died in the "friendly" fire, and his wife/girlfriend/friend. Also, Shirasu wasn't taken to this first operation either, but she was conflicted after seeing how the people from her team came back from it, trying to remain as humans as they face war, and I liked how she took that photo of herself. And for some reason the japanese guy didn't really talk to her yet.
Jul 19, 2021 10:34 AM

Aug 2012
I feel like this serie is very well made for what it is and its style but I don't think what it is I'm going to enjoy much overall.

I think the series has a good plot and for when it was made for sure its themes are very intriguing.

But it's quite devoid of character or should I say its characters are devoid of interesting personalities not helped with everything being first person.

Think I mght struggle aliittle with the show and most likely find myself lost in the polictics of it all.

Dec 12, 2023 3:17 PM
Dec 2021
cool story so far.

More topics from this board

Poll: » FLAG Episode 13 Discussion

FighterZ - Aug 10, 2008

24 by W3TFT »»
Feb 19, 2023 5:17 PM

Poll: » FLAG Episode 1 Discussion

zippy - Mar 22, 2008

12 by Gundam_Sage »»
Apr 5, 2022 3:59 AM

Poll: » Flag Episode 12 Discussion

_HeroKenzan_ - Jul 28, 2015

2 by TitanInsane »»
Jan 28, 2021 7:17 AM

Poll: » Flag Episode 11 Discussion

_HeroKenzan_ - Jul 28, 2015

2 by TitanInsane »»
Jan 28, 2021 6:21 AM

Poll: » Flag Episode 6 Discussion

_HeroKenzan_ - Jul 27, 2015

4 by TitanInsane »»
Jan 28, 2021 2:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.