Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 8, 2018 11:45 AM
Mar 2016
ThatsNotGaming said:
I feel like they are totally setting up Bakugo to be a villain later down the road. Why else would he act like a cocky arrogant unyeilding asshole all the time? He's too prideful, angry and always has a bad attitude. Definitely not the normal characteristics of a hero as mentioned throughout the show. Idk man, I just feel like it would be a waste to not turn him into a villian at some point in the story with all the this build up and character development we are getting for him. Todoroki fits better as a "rival" character than Bakugo, it just makes more sense that Bakugo would be a villain later. I also think it would make for a better story overall. As is I don't see any other worthwhile villains that could take the place of the main villain. I mean sure there is Shigaraki but he just doesn't feel like he fully fits the role. He seems more like a sad confused kid with daddy issues, lol. What you guys think about this?

Shigaraki will most definitely be the main villain though. I think this should be clear by this point because AFO chose him as his successor. Also Horikoshi (the mangak) is building Shigaraki up from the ground.

Opposite to other shows where the main character is already an established character and badass from the start, Horikoshi shows us the character development that leads to Shigaraki becoming a real threat. He basically builds up his main antagonist from the ground just the same way he builds up Deku as his protagonist and Bakugou as the rival character.

It would make absolutely no sense if Bakugou would become a villain, especially considering how he reacted in Kamino. What Horikoshi did there is make people believe Bakugou would turn into a villain similar to Sasuke only to add the twist that he looks up to All Might and doesn't want to be associated with villains. People were thinking he would go the cliché route and he tricked all of them. I remember when the school camp happened in the manga that people were mad that Bakugou would become like Sasuke. But through Kamino it was established that it wouldn't happen.

So Shigaraki will become the main antagonist most likely and I'm glad about it because he will get plenty character development from here on out. He isn't the bland villain anymore he used to be in USJ. He was probably purposefully written as an uninteresting villain to make him interesting through his character growth.

Also, Shigaraki is involved in one of the best moments of the manga that are still to get animated. Or to put it another way, he is the one who makes that moment truly great. Nothing more, because I don't want to spoil you.
Sep 8, 2018 11:52 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Real nice ep. I like how everyone who failed are essentially being encouraged that there's always second chances to improve if they really care about being a hero.

That said, Bakugo and Deku confrontation towards the end was great. Really one of my favorite parts of the manga in general so I'm totally hyped for next week.
Sep 8, 2018 12:00 PM

Jan 2013
Bakugo is far more irritating in the anime than he's in the manga.

I dont know why Deku puts up with his bullshit. He should ditch his irrelevant and annoying ass
Sep 8, 2018 12:25 PM

Apr 2013
Orion_Gospel said:
Can't f*****g wait for the next episode!

Me too, finally my favorite fight is gonna to happen!!!

.·:*¨ ๐•พ๐–Š๐–™ ๐•ธ๐–Š ๐•ฑ๐–—๐–Š๐–Š - ๐•ต๐–Š๐–˜๐–˜๐–Ž๐–ˆ๐–† ๐•ต๐–š๐–“๐–Œ ¨*:·. ๐“†ฉโ™ก๐“†ช
๐Ÿฌ:๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿฑ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ใ…‡โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ ๐Ÿฏ:๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿฒ
โ†บ¹ |โ— โ–ถ โ–ท| โ‹ฎ≡
Sep 8, 2018 12:27 PM

Apr 2011
All For One and magnificent animation quality are the two things that make this anime slightly above average. But people still continue to overrate and overhype this.
Sep 8, 2018 12:40 PM

Sep 2017
Well shit, so Camie was actually Toga this entire time. And she has Deku's blood so she can change into him. We also have no idea where the real Camie is; I don't think we've even met her. Anyway looking forward to this fight.
Sep 8, 2018 1:23 PM
Nov 2015
there isn't words for describe this episode. this was absolutely amazing. Deku's words "I'm the only one who can accept kacchan's feeling." This phrase is so awesome. We can't wait to see the next episode
Sep 8, 2018 1:27 PM
Mar 2015
Bakugo still a moron
Sep 8, 2018 1:48 PM
otp haver ๐Ÿคช

Jul 2017
ITS HAPPENING. NEXT WEEK. IVE BEEN WAITING ALL YEAR FOR THIS ONE EPISODE FUCK YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Y'all anime onlys are gonna get your shit wrecked next week.

Also was it me or did the AFO and All Might conversation last forever?
Sep 8, 2018 1:50 PM
Nov 2017
This episode left me thinking that All for One could escape Tartarus anytime he wanted if he didn't need to keep his life by being attached to a machine (mainly because I don't think the machine guns would be very useful against him, being that he survived a punch in the face by All Might at his best moment, also the defensive/transportation quirks that he possesses). Anyways, let's see how the villains manage from now on.

And obviously, lots of hype for the next week's fight.
Blue_CrownSep 8, 2018 2:03 PM
Sep 8, 2018 1:59 PM

Aug 2017
The second half of season 3 has been pretty weak, but this weeks episode was a great improvement. The twist with camie caught me really off guard despite what I've heard others say, it was a neat suprise. All mights talk with OFA was pretty good too and set up a lot to come from the sounds of things. But seriously I'm excited as hell for next weeks episode, I've heard from manga readers it's gonna be good, hope it ends the season with a bang~!
Sep 8, 2018 2:33 PM
May 2017
Bakugo has proven time and time again he is way smarter, more methodical and adaptable than he let's on. He is proud and aggresive, yes, but never showed signs of wanting to hurt others for pleasure, or manipulate others to do his bidding, or raising any other 'red flags' than makes one think he'd become a villain. Making him one would certainly be not only bland but lazy and contradictory. I'd say worst-case scenario for Kacchan is becoming like Endeavour, a bitter-ass wife abuser and a terrible, horrible father figure.

If they make him a villain i'll straight up ditch this cuz that would be so fucking stupid.
Sep 8, 2018 2:57 PM

Nov 2017
Shลto and Katsuki who miss their exams ! Even though I was expecting a bit for Katsuki.

By cons, where is the real Camie (or not)?
ElyshionSep 8, 2018 3:01 PM
Sep 8, 2018 3:10 PM
Nov 2016
The anime did a really good job with All for One, the BG music when he's talking, his voice actor are all perfect. He's so hateable.

So close the the actual deku vs kacchan fight.... Come one now.
Sep 8, 2018 4:42 PM

Nov 2015
Congratz for most of class A passing. It was obvious shouto would fail. The conversation between All might, AfO and Deku and Bakugou was tense and intimidating. I feel as if Bakugou is the smartest student in Class A, but then again he had some hints, Can't wait for the next ep!

Katsura janai, Zura da

Sep 8, 2018 4:54 PM
Nov 2017
This is sth worth waiting for, it feels good in every part
The villains appearance, deku vs bakugo
I hope he get his a** wiped again tho
Sep 8, 2018 5:18 PM

Oct 2017
Im hyped for midoriya vs bakugo! Ive been looking forward to seeing this fight animated!
Sep 8, 2018 6:06 PM

Dec 2015
Finally the first good episode of this arc. I hope at least those last 2 episode stay good. I can give this show an 8 if it manage to continue as that
Sep 8, 2018 6:08 PM

Dec 2013
Dat Toga plot twist!

Detective Bakugou has figured everything out!

I can’t wait for this fight!
Sep 8, 2018 7:01 PM
May 2015
Cant wait for the next episode its going to be hype!!!
Sep 8, 2018 7:03 PM

Dec 2009
Oh yes!!! I can't wait to see their fight in animated this time! ^___^

Aw.. Tenya Iida xD

Sep 8, 2018 7:33 PM

May 2017
Ramon2000 said:
PureAgiMaxReborn said:
I don't get what's the point of Toga getting his blood? I mean everybody (us viewers) knows to pass OFA it needs Deku's intention, ofc Shigaraki's squad may know or may not but regardless still does not make sense how Shiragaraki would be "delighted" with the blood, are they gonna clone him or something lol could be just Himiko being Himiko, we also know a single drop won't be much useful for her ability so wtf was that?

We don't know how her ability works, but if i have to guess it would be kinda like stain's, ingest a single drop and she can change into that person, probably the amount has to do with the duration. As for how is usefull, it would be so easy to kill All Might if you could pass off as Deku since he is nothing more than a civilian now.

I'm pretty sure it was already hinted so many times heck iirc it was already revealed that Himiko needs a lot of the targets blood to transform into that form longer, a single drop will like take what more than an few minutes or maybe even seconds? But yeah you're right about how it'd be ez to kill all might now, I just think that's not the reason why Himiko did that or why would Shiragaki would be delighted by it, now I know I can't even come up with a better theory right now but hey, no hate dude, it's just my opinion, I don't think that's the reason
LairucremSep 8, 2018 7:37 PM
Sep 8, 2018 8:31 PM

Jun 2013
Some people are surprised that Todoroki and Bakugo lost but it was foreshadowed in the OP. Also, since I'm up-to-date on the manga, I wasn't too surprised. They deserved to fail in order to learn from their mistakes, acknowledge their own deficiencies and take their pride down a peg.

"Camie" who happened to be Toga in disguise was also expected based on her dialogue. When I read this part in the manga, I thought her dialogue and the way she talked (in the Anime) was way too similar to Toga's. I had my suspicions from the beginning, when I wasn't still caught up in the manga, and they were confirmed.

Honestly, I'm not looking forward to the fight between Deku and Bakugo next week and I'm kind of wondering if they're going to introduce some really important characters before the end of the season.

What I liked in this episode was All Might's eyes reflection on AFO's empty face while he taunted him.

Regarding Bakugo as being 'set up as a villain.' I admit that I was one of those people who hated Bakugo in the first season. If you read my comments in the forum in the first season, I was sure he was going to become a villain and I fucking hated him. Reading the manga changed my mind about him and I thought that NOTHING he could do would change my mind. I'm the type of person who tends to stick to first impressions but I'm also the type of person who can misunderstand people.

Yes, he has said and done terrible things like telling Deku to jump off a building when he didn't have a quirk. Whether or not he knew that implied committing suicide, I don't know and I haven't forgiven him for that but in the end, whether his intentions to become a hero is to remain the victor and defeat villains or to save people, he still wants to become a hero and will never become a villain. Usually in Anime, it's the people who you'd least expect that turn out to be villains so Bakugo would just be easy bait for people. It's usually people with traumatic backgrounds like Shigaraki that turn out to be villains. Unless something like that happens to Bakugo then I highly doubt it. He comes from a loving family, he's a fucking asshole that needs his ass beat for sure but he's not that bad. He has no underlying intentions most of the time and wears his emotions on his sleeve.
่‡ญใ„-
Sep 8, 2018 10:14 PM
Nov 2017
ThatsNotGaming said:
I feel like they are totally setting up Bakugo to be a villain later down the road. Why else would he act like a cocky arrogant unyeilding asshole all the time? He's too prideful, angry and always has a bad attitude. Definitely not the normal characteristics of a hero as mentioned throughout the show. Idk man, I just feel like it would be a waste to not turn him into a villian at some point in the story with all the this build up and character development we are getting for him. Todoroki fits better as a "rival" character than Bakugo, it just makes more sense that Bakugo would be a villain later. I also think it would make for a better story overall. As is I don't see any other worthwhile villains that could take the place of the main villain. I mean sure there is Shigaraki but he just doesn't feel like he fully fits the role. He seems more like a sad confused kid with daddy issues, lol. What you guys think about this?
I’m starting to think we not watching the same show . The show is not setting him up to be a villain we already debunked that dumb ass shit in the 1st cour of the season . And news flash , you don’t gotta be a super nice person to be a hero , endeavor isn’t a super nice person but he’s a damn good hero . Bakugou is the anti hero of the story , he’s a hero but his mannerisms and personality isn’t that much of a tradiontal hero but he’s still a hero nonetheless. He wants to be a hero and todoroki does not fit the rival character better than Bakugou because Deku and Bakugou actually have history that invests you into their story .
Sep 8, 2018 11:08 PM

Sep 2011
ThatsNotGaming said:
Florent3571 said:

Remember in episode 8 after he blew up Shigaraki, he said that he wants to win like All Might. He looks up to him and wants to become like him, so it just wouldn't be consistent if he ends up becoming a villain.

And wasn't the fact that MHA was to close to Naruto one of its main criticism ? Now that it's going a different path you'd really want Bakugo to become Sasuke ?

His intentions right now may be good but that doesn't mean things always go according to plan. Not every villian starts out evil you know. Also why would the writer make Bakugo's character so feisty and prideful and quick to always cause conflict if he was meant to be a good guy? Just makes no sense. It just doesn't seem to fit the narrative if they are trying to go a different route. Also who cares what the comparison is to Naruto or the criticisms related to that? A writer does not write to pander to the audience but rather to tell their story the way they want to. If that overlaps with another story then so be it, there is no such thing as being 100% original anyways. Every work is based off of something else or gets their inspiration from other works. Nothing wrong with that, so long as it's not a 100% copy.

Username57 said:

People still thinking Bakugou could become a villain in canon is the reason humanity is doomed.

Lol, I sense that you are a Bakugo fanboy? Also nothing wrong with assuming that. I think the author clearly set it up that way for the audience to deduce that from the story and ongoing events. I would be more disappointed if they didn't so something interesting with Bakugo's character. He just doesn't fit the common "rival" trope; he seems more like he fits a "villain in the making" trope. Also humanity is not doomed, isn't that why the good guy always wins at the end of these types of stories?

Uh no. The whole point is that despite all of his personality flaws deep down Bakugo is still a good person earnestly trying to become a hero. Being cocky and prideful are not inherently villainous traits. If Bakugo was going to have a heel turn it would've happened when he was kidnapped.
Sep 9, 2018 2:40 AM
Jan 2017
to be honest, im getting a bit tired of this anime. it just won't end.
Sep 9, 2018 3:01 AM
Jul 2017
9muises said:
it's not supposed to be a short series,you might want to try your luck somewhere else
Sep 9, 2018 3:12 AM

Mar 2018
9muises said:

Weird of you saying that right when it became good again
Sep 9, 2018 3:51 AM
Aug 2015
I knew Toga was in the exam! Because that Camie girl felt familiar, especially when she was alone with Deku...
Next episode: Naruto vs Sasuke part 7!
Sep 9, 2018 4:33 AM
Mar 2018
Looking forward to the next episode because of the fight :3 plus it looks like they’re going to show more scenes from bakugou and midoriya’s childhood which is always cute!!! That scene with them both opening the all might cards is just too adorable!!!
Sep 9, 2018 5:49 AM

Apr 2015
Next week is gonna be so god damn great that I can't wait for it!
Sep 9, 2018 5:58 AM

Jan 2011
So I guess the harem is minus one now.
Sep 9, 2018 8:11 AM
May 2017
god i wish they didn't just kill off poor camie, that'd be lame.
Sep 9, 2018 12:38 PM

May 2018
Really excited for the next episode! It's one of the things I've been waiting for aside from the things that'll happen in Season 4.

Magical_Alice said:
Aw.. Tenya Iida xD

Saved!
Sep 9, 2018 2:04 PM

May 2015
Go Kacchan. Kick his ass!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 9, 2018 3:09 PM
Jan 2018
Bah que louco foi esse Ep. Tô só por ver a luta entre os dois. Mas eu sei que o Midoriya vai perder. mas o Baguko está errado. Não vale ele vencer estando errado. se ele estivesse certo em descontar a raiva total que ele tem por sabe-se-lá o motivo dele ser estouradinho, ae é aceitavel a luta entre eles.
Sep 9, 2018 5:18 PM
Aug 2013
Why?! *wailing* Why do this episode have to stop right there when it is getting freaky good! Two thumbs up for getting me emotional (^_^)
Sep 9, 2018 5:36 PM

Feb 2015
Good episode, results were posted and Kacchan didn't pass. Todoroki took it with maturity. They are all back and it seems like they are setting the conclusion of the season and the next season's development. That girl got infiltrated in the exam, that hard to happen and stole a little blood from Deku. Finally Kacchan's rivalry is getting stronger and they are about to fight. What a wonderful show.
Sep 9, 2018 6:55 PM

May 2015
Oh man, next week can't come soon enough! So hyped!
Sep 9, 2018 8:13 PM
Mar 2016
ThatsNotGaming said:

All I have to say is wait until next episode. We really get to know more about him as a character, definitely won't be a villain.
Sep 9, 2018 11:43 PM
Jan 2018
Great episode. Portrayed the manga well. THough the season is almost over, I'm glad that it's finally past the Exam Arc, as that really is my least favorite arc so far.
Sep 10, 2018 3:14 AM
Jan 2017
Florent3571 said:
9muises said:

Weird of you saying that right when it became good again

I guess its just me, but it's getting pretty boring. maybe its because I already read the manga? idk
Sep 10, 2018 8:37 AM

Jan 2014
Is it just me or this anime keeps getting worse and worse? I mean the story is getting more than repetitive since it keeps following one pattern... While animation stays cool the story is getting boring (at least for me).
Sep 10, 2018 12:26 PM

Dec 2016
Oh course that was fucking Toga, she is so weird and unsettling
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Sep 10, 2018 12:41 PM

May 2016
just imagine an aeon from now adult deku and baku teaming up, it gonna so remind me of my yung boi dayz
Sep 11, 2018 8:23 AM

Aug 2018
YOOOOO Deku vs Kacchan ROUND 2 LET'S GOOOOOOO
So hyped for next episode!!
Sep 11, 2018 4:25 PM
May 2017
Boring episode. Only reveals who won the provisional license and Bakugo discovered the secret of Midoriya.
Sep 11, 2018 5:09 PM

Oct 2015
Midoriya should kick Kacchan's ass, I'm tired of him disrespecting him. It's enough now, I always grind my teeth when he's being rude to him, I mean Midoriya is such a sweet cute kid who has no inch of hate in him except crime.

I hope after the fight Bakugo will learn to respect him and treat him like a friend or be a villain instead.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 11, 2018 6:07 PM

Oct 2008
wow! all of a sudden a very serious intense heavy episode especially the conversation of All for One and All Might!
Damn! Toga Himiko is dusguised as Camie and big problem! she has the blood of Deku!
Damn! I'm so excited for the next episode: Deku vs. Kacchan Part 2!
5/5!

Sep 11, 2018 7:47 PM

Sep 2013
I'm excited for the Midoriya vs Bakugou fight, even though it may not be on the same scale as the other rivalries in big shounen. I hope that this settles their ongoing beef from now on, getting kind of old listening to Bakugou giving him dirty looks every 2 seconds.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Old_School_Akira - Aug 8, 2018

120 by Vindicater »»
Apr 20, 5:57 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

51 by Vindicater »»
Apr 20, 5:38 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 9 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

43 by Vindicater »»
Apr 17, 10:58 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 26, 2018

169 by Vindicater »»
Apr 16, 3:26 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2018

230 by Vindicater »»
Apr 13, 6:06 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.