Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Happy Sugar Life
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 7, 2018 10:18 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Whoa, that kiss. Sweet and unexpected imo but also cute under the night skies.

Shouko is starting to feel like a breakout character to me in the show. Satou and Shio got their usual happy time together even though I felt like he dialogues between the two were more intense than other episodes.

Satou's aunt is still creepy as hell.
Sep 7, 2018 10:39 AM
Aug 2018
Wow, the death scene is much more tragic than the manga.

Satou's aunt was just amazing. She saw through Shouko was looking for her prince and also the policeman did came back for more. With the wonderful voice acting by Inoue Kikuko, I just can't get enough of this character.
Sep 7, 2018 11:28 AM

Apr 2016
Jesus shit holy cow and all the shit around, that lesbian pedophilic woman just murdered the only person who though of her as of a friend, fucking hell ...

I read about this in a spoiler before this ep, but the impact was still there.

Also seriously ? That Cop ? Is like every male in this manga/anime beta pussy ? LMAO.
Sep 7, 2018 11:38 AM

Aug 2018
Wow I didn’t that coming. Shouko sure liked living dangerously, hope she’s happy now. Things are starting to spin downhill fast.
Sep 7, 2018 11:41 AM
May 2017
I sensed something was going to happen since Satou was so happy and all but I though that something was for next week.

But... How she found her real adress? The aunt? Maybe I forgot/missed something.

Also, who is the singer for the song at the end? Is it ReoNa ?
Sep 7, 2018 11:47 AM

Dec 2012
Fuck You Satou I hope you die a slow painful death.
Sep 7, 2018 11:55 AM

Aug 2013
Satou is closer to her happy ending now, with Shio.
Sep 7, 2018 12:10 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
shit

just

got

fucking

real...

RIP best girl
Sep 7, 2018 12:21 PM

May 2015
Well Satou is now beyond all hope and Happy sugar life will only go down hill from here. I now have lost all hope for Happy Sugar Life. Yey.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2018 12:21 PM

Jan 2015
Oh my god this was awful to watch. It was so disturbing, compared to the manga the anime has done a better job at shouko’s death
Wasn’t expecting the insert song but it was nice.

Jesus christ I’m so glad they decided to adapt the manga. It only gets better from here on
Sep 7, 2018 12:28 PM

Jan 2017
Never thought she would do that.

Genuinely probably the most shocked I have ever felt watching an anime, and I've watched 110.

Literally shaking right now

I, at the very least, thought she was going to kidnap / tie up her friend in case she ever found out, but nope, she straight up murdered her. Crazy shit. Satou needs to be dumped into acid
Yuri_FanaticSep 7, 2018 12:42 PM
Female x Female = Yes

Girl x Girl = Yes

Vagina x Vagina = Yes

Yuri = Yes

Lesbian = Yes
Sep 7, 2018 12:32 PM

Apr 2017
RIP the only sane character of this series. I kinda knew this was going to happen eventually but I still felt sad for her :(

Well at least Satou’s aunt is still there to root for. She seemingly got on with the police man too ;)
Sep 7, 2018 12:41 PM
Mar 2016
Well she did try her best to help Satou for real but ended up dying that poor girl gruesomely
The show continious to surprise me more and more
Sep 7, 2018 12:44 PM

Mar 2018
Why did they have to kill off the only likeable character on the show...
Sep 7, 2018 12:54 PM

Mar 2012
The moment Shio-chan jumped outside of the door, I had no doubt that someone will see them. Because it always happens that way in anime. And the moment I saw it was Shouko, I had no doubt that she was going to be killed. Because, the Satou-chan I knew up to that point would definitely kill anybody who has even a tiny possibility of spoiling her life with Shio-chan.

But I don't understand, exactly at which moment, Shouko was able to send that message to Asahi? If she sent it while she was still outside, was she lying to Satou-chan all the time inside the house about not going to the police or about how she was her best friend?
Sep 7, 2018 1:16 PM
May 2018
DarknessReality said:
Well Satou is now beyond all hope and Happy sugar life will only go down hill from here. I now have lost all hope for Happy Sugar Life. Yey.

Why do you say that? I was sad that she died too but it was a natural reaction.
Sep 7, 2018 1:20 PM

Jan 2017
TacoGhost said:
DarknessReality said:

She could have knocked her out and tied her up, but to go as far as to murder your best friend, that's just batshit crazy, which is what Satou is, just didn't think she would ever murder "innocent" people.

The 3 people she murdered beforehand were violent towards others
Female x Female = Yes

Girl x Girl = Yes

Vagina x Vagina = Yes

Yuri = Yes

Lesbian = Yes
Sep 7, 2018 1:20 PM

Sep 2011
I really hope Satou will have to pay the ultimate price in the end. That's the most fitting end of this series.

AhmedHan said:

But I don't understand, exactly at which moment, Shouko was able to send that message to Asahi? If she sent it while she was still outside, was she lying to Satou-chan all the time inside the house about not going to the police or about how she was her best friend?

It's more like, Shouko is hoping that Satou will surrender Shio to Koube without conflict since she's been already caught by Shouko. Of course Satou will not just simply agree and Shouko didn't expect that she'll get killed since she doesn't know Satou that much.
TennoujiSep 7, 2018 1:37 PM

Sep 7, 2018 1:30 PM

May 2015
TacoGhost said:
DarknessReality said:

I feel that way cause no matter how the series ends I wont feel satisfied knowing one of my liked characters and only friend of Satou was killed to get it.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2018 1:41 PM

Jun 2014
Fuck this. I was hoping for Shio to come out to stop Satou, but nope...
Sep 7, 2018 1:48 PM

Nov 2013
KanashiiSekai said:

But... How she found her real adress? The aunt? Maybe I forgot/missed something.

There are exactly two panels in the manga that imply the aunt told her. The anime seems to have missed them

Sep 7, 2018 1:52 PM
May 2017
JGChaves said:
KanashiiSekai said:

There are exactly two panels in the manga that imply the aunt told her. The anime seems to have missed them

So she really did tell her. Thank you
Sep 7, 2018 2:20 PM

May 2016
Sweet ep, and that was the most Danganronpa death I've seen, outside of Danganronpa. Massive plus points for not obscuring the face, and especially the eyes on the corpse.

Can't trust a kiss, ever, it's the reddest of flags.
If Shio is in any way fine with this, her and Satou are worth each other and can go die in one big, loving, marriage themed fire.
Sep 7, 2018 2:21 PM

Jul 2017
Unlike most anime with yanderes, I was genuinely excited to see Satou murder her only friend.

It was just built well and I was waiting for her to strike, and boy was the payoff great when she did.

A good episode with an excellent ending.
Sep 7, 2018 2:21 PM

Jan 2017
Things are going to get interesting now, however.

This "Messy Murder" by Satou is certainly the beginning of the end.

Her friend was not some homeless orphan, she had a family, people waiting for her to come home.

And now that she isn't, all hell is going to break loose, especially with that photo, and the blonde guys suspicion once he notices she is missing.

Satou killed the wrong girl.
Female x Female = Yes

Girl x Girl = Yes

Vagina x Vagina = Yes

Yuri = Yes

Lesbian = Yes
Sep 7, 2018 2:23 PM

Jun 2017
Damn, felt bad for Shouko but she had it coming :(. Also, why am I not surprised that the police man went back for more? Karma will surely visit Satou for this.
Sep 7, 2018 2:46 PM
Aug 2017
That pedo cunt did it! Knew this was coming the moment Shouko was shown outside!
Sep 7, 2018 3:01 PM
Jul 2014
This unease I felt every episode leading up to here, has finally come to fruition.
Sep 7, 2018 4:32 PM

Jan 2015
This show is utter garbage, and after this episode, I’m every bit certain that I hate it.
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~
Sep 7, 2018 4:43 PM

Jul 2015
Shouko made the same mistake characters like her in other works of fiction made. She should have the situation was dangerous, its sad though she tried her best and things just had to end for her like that.
Sep 7, 2018 5:18 PM

Apr 2016
Caught in the act!

GG Shouko and RIP.
Jeez that death scene though.
Satou killed her slowly and it was sad to look. :(

Thanks to that scene, I didn't feel sleepy now. (^^^)

Looking forward to see Shio's reaction in the next episode and also the development that Shio's brother has a clue to his long-time search for Shio.
footmasterSep 7, 2018 5:36 PM
Sep 7, 2018 6:05 PM

Jul 2016
I knew that she was playing with fire but holy mother of madness, that was gruesome and horrible.

As an anime-watcher, I felt sick watching that scene.

RIP best sane girl. You were a true friend. You tried, but sadly, you were dealing with crazy.

Sep 7, 2018 6:39 PM

Jan 2011
this show....good news now is there isn't anyone left for me to care about thought she might've been targeted after her first big screw up and satou saying she needs to get rid of everyone and she continued to play with fire so pretty much everyone knew it was the end once she saw them.

really is the beginning of the end and no one should get a happy ending not in this story
Sep 7, 2018 6:40 PM

May 2017
I almost felt bad for Shouko but then I remembered, she was kinda hypocritical, after rejecting Satou bcoz she realized how half assed she is, Satou gave her a chance, ofc that was Satou's plan to rattle Shouko's resolved and realized how half assed she is, but fact of the matter is Satou gave her so many chances to not get involved so in a sense Satou unintentionally cared for her

EDIT: WTF people are saying Shouko is best girl?

Hell naw, she was hypothetical, half assed of a friend, Satou was right not trusting her
Sep 7, 2018 6:42 PM

Jan 2017
PureAgiMaxReborn said:
I almost felt bad for Shouko but then I remembered, she was kinda hypocritical, after rejecting Satou bcoz she realized how half assed she is, Satou gave her a chance, ofc that was Satou's plan to rattle Shouko's resolved and realized how half assed she is, but fact of the matter is Satou gave her so many chances to not get involved so in a sense Satou unintentionally cared for her

I totally agree that Satou did not want to kill her and because of the imminent situation, Satou felt that she was forced to.

Although, I still don't get why she didn't KO / Tie her up, killing her best friend is SUPER low, even for Satou
Female x Female = Yes

Girl x Girl = Yes

Vagina x Vagina = Yes

Yuri = Yes

Lesbian = Yes
Sep 7, 2018 6:54 PM

Jun 2013
Fantastic.. too often anime, and to a lesser extent manga, try to sugar coat and soften stories and scenes to appeal to wider audiences, but I am so glad this was not the case here. Although I understand the reasons for doing so, I feel that it cheapens the story and its portrayal, and the real gravity and impact of the actions that Satou takes are best shown uncensored.

The foreshadowing was fantastic, the build-up was fantastic, and the eventual execution (haha) was fantastic. Haven't felt this satisfied after an episode in a while!

Austro said:

I totally agree that Satou did not want to kill her and because of the imminent situation, Satou felt that she was forced to.

Although, I still don't get why she didn't KO / Tie her up, killing her best friend is SUPER low, even for Satou

Crazy Yandere's gotta do what Crazy Yandere's gotta do... if anything, she stayed pretty true to the character that the story has been building her to be.
CrimsonTsukiSep 7, 2018 6:58 PM
Sep 7, 2018 7:05 PM
Jul 2018
Shouko's death was... extremely disturbing.

But not surprising. I was expecting her to die even earlier than this tbh.

Oh well, the only character I kinda liked is gone now :(
Sep 7, 2018 7:08 PM
Aug 2018
Austro said:
PureAgiMaxReborn said:

Then what after the KO/Tie up? If the memory cannot be wiped, something gotto be done to her. Also the apartment is the only "Castle" for Satou and Shio, she just can't hide anyone alive inside.
Sep 7, 2018 7:12 PM

Jun 2012
Austro said:

And do what with her afterwards? Where are you going to put her? Who's going to watch her when Satou's away? Shio? If she managed to escape, she's alone with Shio. Too risky.

Also, wouldn't call her Satou's friend. She never saw Shouko as one. Not like Shouko acted much like one these last few episodes anyway.
Sep 7, 2018 7:15 PM

Jan 2017
She could have hidden her inside the abandoned, blood stained room.

It doesn't matter if her memories cannot be wiped, as long as she is kept inside the house.

I think it would be a much more realistic alternative than killing your best friend, especially the way she did it.

But maybe I'm also being bias because I usually don't watch murder mystery type anime like this, just not used to this insane girl x girl violence, I usually stick to MOE type anime.

I liked how she got rid of the copy cat girl by pretty much scaring her away with a kiss and a threat, no violence needed.

But this was just batshit crazy
Female x Female = Yes

Girl x Girl = Yes

Vagina x Vagina = Yes

Yuri = Yes

Lesbian = Yes
Sep 7, 2018 7:32 PM

Jul 2017
fuck she sent that message to that dude. Fucking hell man, another dude she gotta kill now
Sep 7, 2018 7:53 PM
Aug 2018
Austro said:
She could have hidden her inside the abandoned, blood stained room.

It doesn't matter if her memories cannot be wiped, as long as she is kept inside the house.

I think it would be a much more realistic alternative than killing your best friend, especially the way she did it.

But maybe I'm also being bias because I usually don't watch murder mystery type anime like this, just not used to this insane girl x girl violence, I usually stick to MOE type anime.

I liked how she got rid of the copy cat girl by pretty much scaring her away with a kiss and a threat, no violence needed.

But this was just batshit crazy

So with Shouko inside that room and have the potential to make noise, Satou cannot continue her life and left Shio inside the house alone anymore... no matter how I think about it, it just won't work. Also unlike the teach, the cafe manager and Suu Chan, the threat of Shouko is directly related to Shio and that's why Satou became ruthless.
Sep 7, 2018 8:22 PM

Jun 2017
Wow... this series is still garbage but that was brutal. That kill scene was intense, I'm surprised they went the whole nine yards. If only this wasn't so dumb this would be the suspense would be real.
Sep 7, 2018 8:34 PM

Nov 2016
That was really sad, especially after the song.

Satou is straight savage.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 7, 2018 8:41 PM

Aug 2015
RIP Shouko

-I would have liked to have known what was being said during that last conversation instead of having a damn song played over it.

-If Satou really believed the police were coming, that should have stopped her from killing Shouko I would think. Her best move with that assumption should have been to pack up and leave town with Shio asap.

-I'd like to know the circumstances of how Shio became separated from her mother in the first place
Sep 7, 2018 8:44 PM

Jan 2017
glassknuckles said:
RIP Shouko

-I would have liked to have known what was being said during that last conversation instead of having a damn song played over it.

-If Satou really believed the police were coming, that should have stopped her from killing Shouko I would think. Her best move with that assumption should have been to pack up and leave town with Shio asap.

-I'd like to know the circumstances of how Shio became separated from her mother in the first place

She wasn't concerned that the police were coming, she was concerned that she was going to tell the police about Satou if she walked out that door.
Female x Female = Yes

Girl x Girl = Yes

Vagina x Vagina = Yes

Yuri = Yes

Lesbian = Yes
Sep 7, 2018 8:45 PM
Feb 2012
RIP good girl

Anyone know the name of the insert song please tell me
Sep 7, 2018 8:48 PM

Jan 2014
RIP Shouko. You and Asashi are my favorite characters and you died in the same episode you became canon. Honestly, I don't give a shit about Satou now. I hope she gets found out & arrested. Glad Shouko managed to at least send that message so she didn't die in vain. I'll continue watching but only to see what happens to Asashi, the only other likeable character.
Sep 7, 2018 8:57 PM

Nov 2017
R.I.P Shoko... at least you dont die in vain...
I hope that Loli Pedo Yuri hybrid got her price after doing all of this
Now Loading.....
Sep 7, 2018 9:04 PM

Jan 2013
welp...of course the only decent likable person predictably gets killed off

only saitsfying end (for me) is hoping the brother take down MC after Shio somehow rejects her
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Happy Sugar Life Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2018

96 by LeonardoFrav »»
Apr 4, 7:28 PM

Poll: » Happy Sugar Life Episode 2 Discussion

TheFreycook - Aug 9, 2018

42 by neptuneSXDLl »»
Mar 27, 5:45 PM

Poll: » Happy Sugar Life Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2018

329 by Phixiately »»
Mar 25, 10:46 PM

Poll: » Happy Sugar Life Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2018

70 by Phixiately »»
Mar 23, 11:34 PM

Poll: » Happy Sugar Life Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2018

81 by Phixiately »»
Mar 20, 9:55 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.