Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 2018 3:49 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode felt like it added more mystery to the arc.

Best part of the episode imo is the talk between Boruto and Sarada. Kinda feels like the two got closer and Boruto shows a more mature side of himself. Those snakes though..they remind me of the old times from the original series and Orochimaru.
Sep 6, 2018 4:53 AM

Feb 2013
He left on his own will, maybe to stop the bad guys?
Sep 6, 2018 5:50 AM

Feb 2018
The best thing about this episode was the boruto sadara conversation.
Sep 6, 2018 6:40 AM
Jun 2017
I love this episode for today, i mean i too am thinking what is mitsuki will really is? It added confusion to all the people there plus the fact some of the high officials there knew that he is orochimaru's son causing him a major threat...

Finally atleast next week episode will be an intruiging one just like todays episode...
Sep 6, 2018 6:59 AM

Jan 2014
if that snake is Mitsuki will, then Mitsuki body are being controlled, right?
Sep 6, 2018 7:01 AM
Mar 2014
This episode was a great surprise. The Sarada and Boruto conversations were good
Sep 6, 2018 8:01 AM

Jan 2017
Great episode. Can't wait for the rest of the story. Finally the higher ups and the rest of Team 7 know who Mitsuki is. Also Boruto and Sarada convos were awesome. Definitely feel like they bonded more.
Sep 6, 2018 8:50 AM

May 2014
03:55. Really Pierrot?!😂😂😂 Well, isn't that interesting. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Those shitty advisor is still alive?! Doesn't this anime kill anyone. Put them out of their misery already. Geez. I have not liked them ever since the Uchiha incident and won't like them now either. On the other hand, it's nice to see Tsunade. Damn, even as a 80 year old hag she still looks like she is a MILF in her 30s. She must share her technique with the woman advisor. She was quite hot in her young days.
Anyways, this ep. was really good done. Gives me a nostalgia feeling about old Naruto when they chased Sasuke. But this is unique it's own way. Here we don't know why he ran away which is very interesting. I will be looking forward seeing Orochimaru again. He is one my top favorite since Naruto part 1 series.
Sep 6, 2018 9:25 AM

Jun 2014
This arc is marked as filler yet it's more interesting than a lot of the stuff that was marked as canon.

The Boruto-Sarada moments in this episode were really good, and I liked seeing Tsunade again. Next episode should also be a good one.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, Boruto and Sarada learning about Mitsuki being Orochimaru's son was changed quite drastically from the manga. Here, they learn about it in the middle of a tense situation, while in the manga, I think Mitsuki just casually told them in a conversation.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 6, 2018 9:51 AM

Oct 2015
Just checked, and it really is a filler episode. I never would have guessed. This arc seem to be soooo impactful so far.
I liked the episode, I like it that thing's are happening.

Also I'm not sure if I am seeing things, or something, but damn, the characters can look really hideous in this episode.
Sep 6, 2018 11:57 AM

Apr 2016
"The village is in high alert state and anyone who leaves whithout authorization will be considered a traitor. "

*Boruto and Sarada leaves through the guardless front gate*

Also Boruto and Sarada sneaking through the hokage office evading all the jonin and top level ninjas is so bs lmao.

Other than that, holy crap what an episode.
Sep 6, 2018 12:21 PM

Dec 2016
Beep beep warning boruto is soon going to cross the 7* limit, next trash episode is going to be F A T A L I T Y and will drop under 7*
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
Sep 6, 2018 12:31 PM
Sep 2018
This episode was honestly amazing, I loved that Boruto and Sarada both set off together to go find him regardless of the consequences.
Sep 6, 2018 1:15 PM

Aug 2013
Nate77 said:
"The village is in high alert state and anyone who leaves whithout authorization will be considered a traitor. "

Also Boruto and Sarada sneaking through the hokage office evading all the jonin and top level ninjas is so bs lmao.

Other than that, holy crap what an episode.

Yeah, and I'll add the scene that Boruto picks Mitsuki headband from the Hokage office at night in a state of emergency
Please consider reading my novel for MAL x Honeyfeed Writing contest 2023 https://www.honeyfeed.fm/novels/12252
Sep 6, 2018 3:56 PM

Jan 2017
Villains that look like otsutsukis are always intriguing.

But holy shit, this was so slow and the animation was so static... That chuunin guard doing back flips was like three frames (standing, upside down, standing again)
Then two kids, who tarnish the image of shinobi (as part of the Naruto series), manage to infiltrate the hokage's office by rustling a few leaves. Well. They're bound to be screwed then, right.
High state alerts are followed by two kids deciding to go out of the village. Well done.

To be honest, where I watched Naruto for Naruto, not sasuke; this series I watch for mitsuki, not Boruto -mitsuki makes for an interesting storyline, whilst Boruto is something to yawn at.
In any case, 'cause of mitsuki, can't wait for next week
Sep 6, 2018 4:03 PM

Jan 2017
Tsunade, really? Really? You're meant to be cracking that wall with that fist of yours; and god, those advisors, go die! nobody likes you.

Interesting to see, however, that don't try to play out a scene organically; there's this unnatural need to explain the situation, such as when Ino was about to look into the guard's mind -i get it though, trying to explain it for the viewers thatare probably beginning with the Boruto series. I pity them. They will not be blessed with this masterpiece (to clarify; my opinion) known as Naruto (Shippuden)
Sep 6, 2018 4:59 PM

Aug 2013
Slim_Lamie said:
Just checked, and it really is a filler episode. I never would have guessed. This arc seem to be soooo impactful so far.
I liked the episode, I like it that thing's are happening.

Also I'm not sure if I am seeing things, or something, but damn, the characters can look really hideous in this episode.

thebrentinator24 said:
This arc is marked as filler yet it's more interesting than a lot of the stuff that was marked as canon.

The Boruto-Sarada moments in this episode were really good, and I liked seeing Tsunade again. Next episode should also be a good one.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, Boruto and Sarada learning about Mitsuki being Orochimaru's son was changed quite drastically from the manga. Here, they learn about it in the middle of a tense situation, while in the manga, I think Mitsuki just casually told them in a conversation.

I guarantee you it is absolutely NOT filler. The writers of Boruto themselves confirmed it via Twitter! Nothing from 66 and above have been filler, including the horrible Cho Cho arc which was Kishimoto's story (also confirmed via twitter by Honda Masaya). I have no idea where you got this information that it is filler but I'm telling you 100% it's not. Every episode been confirmed as canon via the writers, Kodachi, and Kishi via Twitter.
Sep 6, 2018 5:03 PM

Jun 2014
@Yasuhito I'm just going based off an online filler list I consult from time to time. I don't use Twitter and I usually don't go out of my way to look up this info on Kishi or Kodachi's Twitters, but it's nice to know that this is actually canon, since it certainly feels that way.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 6, 2018 5:33 PM

Oct 2015
Boruto and Sarada's decision to look for Mitsuki was predictable and didn't have an unusual impact, typical shonen setting of Naruto. Also, Sarada and Boruto know they won't be punished since their dads are the upper echelons of the village, so its kinda not that inspiring.

Setting that aside, I think this Mitsuki turning traitor won't be that big and may turn out to be a misunderstanding. I don't have high hopes for this arc or whatever this is.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 7, 2018 12:47 AM

Feb 2012
Next episode hype tho, Boruto and Sarada meeting up with Orochimaru.

Sep 7, 2018 5:54 AM

Jan 2013
The Boruto and Sarada conversation by the riverside reminded me of Obito and Kakashi in the Third War
Sep 7, 2018 4:08 PM

May 2013
Boruto speech to Sarada about being hokage was good.
Listen, Sarada... the Hokage that you want to be, is it just a shinobi with amazing skills?

Sep 7, 2018 5:10 PM

May 2017
I'm really excited this show is finally getting more plot.
Sep 7, 2018 7:42 PM

Oct 2008
Mitsuki is a traitor!? I'm in denial!
5/5.

Sep 8, 2018 9:50 AM

Oct 2016
This episode sounds familiar right? A team member disappearing slightly after the chuunin exams as opposed to during them?

Anyway, the episode was good. I hope Boruto learns for sure that his carefree attitude isn't really appropriate when it comes to bonds. He seems to be learning that he should be more careful to people and their feelings but who knows? He might forget later. I hope he doesn't.
Sep 9, 2018 6:23 AM

Jul 2009
Mitsuki might be controlled by someone, or he is doing it on his own will?
This episode is very similar to the ones when Sasuke left the village...
Sep 9, 2018 6:34 AM

Dec 2013
I’m happy that we are getting a Mitsuki arc
Sep 10, 2018 7:23 AM

Feb 2012
Nate77 said:

I kept thinking the super elite high level ninja already knew they were there and were just letting them listen in.

Then I was like, why did Mitsuki have to fight his way out but Boruto and Sarada just walk out of the village. Did they forget to replace the guards Mitsuki took out or something?
Sep 10, 2018 3:01 PM
May 2012
KalfKaneda said:
Boruto speech to Sarada about being hokage was good.
Listen, Sarada... the Hokage that you want to be, is it just a shinobi with amazing skills?

Yeah, that was pretty cool of him.
Sep 10, 2018 5:39 PM

Sep 2017
Good episode but the animation felt off & the whole "High alert" was showed poorly. Like what, there is only two ninjas working nigh-shift now lol.
Sep 12, 2018 4:57 PM

Dec 2010
Loved the episode. So glad to see Tsunade and I'm really hyped for the next episode. Also can't wait to see one of my favorite characters, Orochimaru, again.

While I still think way too many things are done wrong in Boruto in comparison with Shippuden and Naruto original series, the fillers in this are done quite good, while the ones in Shippuden were total BS and waste of time. I enjoy the ones in Boruto and actually intrigue me. They're made like they're not really fillers, I actually did not even notice this episode was one, and that's how it should be!

Looking forward to the next episode!!
Sep 13, 2018 3:52 AM

Dec 2009
Cioco said:
Loved the episode. So glad to see Tsunade and I'm really hyped for the next episode. Also can't wait to see one of my favorite characters, Orochimaru, again.

While I still think way too many things are done wrong in Boruto in comparison with Shippuden and Naruto original series, the fillers in this are done quite good, while the ones in Shippuden were total BS and waste of time. I enjoy the ones in Boruto and actually intrigue me. They're made like they're not really fillers, I actually did not even notice this episode was one, and that's how it should be!

Looking forward to the next episode!!

It's not filler. The Boruto anime and the Boruto manga are adapting from scripts written by Kishimoto and choosing to adapt from different points in the timeline. Arcs that happen in the anime are later referenced in the manga (because the manga doesn't have time to show them all itself since its a monthly series). This is all considered canon so don't brush it off as a filler arc, this is the intended development for Mitsuki's character and has been confirmed canon by the anime staff.
Sep 13, 2018 11:42 AM
Mar 2018
Looks like we are going to have another 'Sasuke Retrieval Arc'!!!! A naruto revisit. As Naruto screamed 'SASUKE' during the entire time hope so boruto doesn't scream 'MITSUKI' all the time. And FINALLY!!!! Tsunade has come back!!!!!!
Sep 13, 2018 6:41 PM
Jul 2014
Okay, just because you saw Mitsuki in the chunin's mind, doesn't mean he's automatically the traitor. There was not enough context in what was shown to Ino. Well it looked like she only saw a few seconds. The chunin was knocked out by the time Mitsuki arrived. It's pretty obvious it wasn't him. Though him leaving was pretty much his own free will, cause we saw how he was beginning to get frustrated the past few episodes. And right when he decided to leave, the actual threat came. It was all pretty bad timing, or good timing, considering whichever way you look at it.
Sep 25, 2018 11:20 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Mitsuki's apartment sure was pretty bare. Guess there's a lot that they didn't know about him despite being on the same team. Its nice to see Tsunade return in this moment of crisis though. Thats quite the bomb that Naruto dropped there though about Mitsuki's identity. Considering the revelation Boruto and Sarada's reaction was to be expected. The convo between them though was interesting. To think that Boruto and Sarada would risk it all to save Mitsuki though. Impressive friendship indeed.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 19, 2018 3:18 AM

May 2010
Wow, isn't Tsunade like 70 now? She's holding up pretty good, gotta say xD

Also, I'm almost completely sure Mitsuki's acting like a bad guy for a reason, most probably to be a spy around the news villains, and eventually get rid of them himself. That's my theory for now, at least :>
Feb 17, 2020 3:38 PM

Apr 2012
Journey to find Mistuki, yay!
Aug 2, 2020 9:42 PM

Sep 2018
Is this "rescue sasuke" all over again?!! But.. what happened baby Mitsuki!??!! huhuhuhu
Jul 23, 2021 4:20 AM
Jul 2018
Sarada basically said : I ain't no part 1 Sakura, you ain't leaving me behind!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 173 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2020

26 by bottleblonde »»
Apr 18, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 156 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2020

42 by Tony2Phones »»
Apr 17, 4:17 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 112 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2019

33 by YouTsuki_nbm »»
Apr 9, 6:32 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 65 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

42 by Rayquazatempest »»
Apr 9, 1:01 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 293 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2023

145 by Rayquazatempest »»
Apr 9, 1:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.