Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Sep 5, 2018 7:47 PM
Jun 2017
Okabe instead of being transported in the past, he was transported to the FUTURE and it is confirmed, the direction of world line they are with will lead still to the war and thats what made Okabe still look like that...

And look at those cold expression by the lab members knowing that rukako died. Well in a war you could seen so much of like that so they are used to it already...

ANYWAYS i love this one, from the opening scene where i have a feeling that its not past (and indeed its the future he has been with) and from some details of what happen in the future...

Ohh next episode im ready for you..
Sep 5, 2018 8:17 PM

Jul 2017
Pretty boring episode. Rukako's death was over-dramatic, and I'm really tired of seeing Okabe worse and worse.
Sep 5, 2018 9:07 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Pretty good episode overall. The moments with Okabe meeting everyone else in the future was very entertaining to say the least. rip Ruka

Hoping White Fox can nail the final 3 eps given how mediocre this adaptation has been for the most part.
Sep 5, 2018 9:10 PM
Aug 2013
Wow this was such a "wtf" episode. Loved it. Someone explain to me though...
If this is the world line that Okabe "chose" where Kurisu chooses to die to save Mayuri, where is Mayuri? If she died, or is MIA, why is Suzuha still here in the future? They were both in the time machine when it gets destroyed, right? Or are we just assuming Suzuha survived while Mayuri was never found?
Sep 5, 2018 9:15 PM

Aug 2018
Im cutting onions rn
Sep 5, 2018 9:36 PM
Apr 2017
rakka_tsuki said:
If this is the world line that Okabe "chose" where Kurisu chooses to die to save Mayuri, where is Mayuri? If she died, or is MIA, why is Suzuha still here in the future? They were both in the time machine when it gets destroyed, right? Or are we just assuming Suzuha survived while Mayuri was never found?

This Suzuha is born in the time after missing of the other, time traveling suzuha.
suryaiyer13Sep 5, 2018 9:53 PM
Sep 5, 2018 9:42 PM
Aug 2013
suryaiyer13 said:
rakka_tsuki said:

This Suzuha is born in the time after missing of the other, time traveling suzuha.

OH okay, now that I think about it, future Suzuha would have aged just like Okabe did. So that's CURRENT future Suzuha... got it, thank you
Sep 5, 2018 10:06 PM
Nov 2016
This was an ok episode, the fighting scene was improved and Samurai Ruka/Luka was decent, it was not the over-dramatic bullshit from Terminator Kagari which I hated so that's an improvement there I guess.

This was supposed to be a "feels" episode but I couldn't feel a thing when Ruka/Luka died so something went wrong with the direction or the presentation, the music wasn't that touching either. Episode 8 hit me with the feels but I just can't see that "charm" in the rest of the episodes this anime offered so far.

It was an ok episode, I thought it was going to be worse but it was quite enjoyable. Still, this anime is pretty damn far to being a masterpiece, they needed to get to this point a lot sooner, the concept of Amadeus or A.I was also a wasted potential on this anime.
xZabuzaxSep 5, 2018 10:40 PM
Sep 5, 2018 10:42 PM

May 2016
xZabuzax said:

This was supposed to be a "feels" episode but I couldn't feel a thing when Ruka/Luka died so something went wrong with the direction or the presentation, the music wasn't that touching either..

That's strange. I cried at his death in the VN, and in the anime, too, but I'm not really a fan of Lukako.
-
Sep 6, 2018 12:48 AM

Jan 2018
Kohaiii_ said:
As a VN Watcher(Watched it on youtube... very poor to buy a $40CAD game)

Sep 6, 2018 1:02 AM

Jun 2016
5/5 wheres my kurisu
Sep 6, 2018 2:13 AM
Jan 2015
supernicolasman said:
FINAL-FU#*ING-LY

Steins Gate went somewhere new with this episode, but I'm still disappointed it didn't come to this point sooner. The whole kagari as well as the A.I storyline was a waste and if it had never happened, we could have had more mythology with this episode coming much sooner.
The fact that there are only 3 episodes left is really frustrating because we are finally getting to the good part.

Also I don't understand in 2011 and also in the original series about why doesnt Okabe build the time leap machine faster so he can get back further in the past. If he does that, he would always win hours and even days and maybe even reach the previous year. He just needs to understand how to build the time leap machine as fast as possible and always do it earlier than before.

because he still has not find the breakthrough how to reach steins gate at that time which was "deceive yourself,deceive the world"...difference from the VN
Sep 6, 2018 2:23 AM

Sep 2015
2036 Ruka was so cool!
Sep 6, 2018 2:28 AM

Sep 2015
rakka_tsuki said:
Wow this was such a "wtf" episode. Loved it.

My thoughts exactly!
It was so cheesy at some parts ( even funny! ) but I still loved it
Sep 6, 2018 2:47 AM
Jan 2017
it was a nice episode.the thing is that its getting pretty repetetive..
Sep 6, 2018 2:56 AM

Mar 2016
animejas said:
This was terrible. I couldn't even give a shit, and it actually pains me saying that since I fucking love Steins;Gate more than my family.

this is a big mood!
Sep 6, 2018 3:06 AM

Dec 2015
I really liked Ruka-ko's transformation! That was such a omg moment! Ruka grew up to be so badass, defeating so many soldiers and still standing after taking so many bullets until Okabe and gang arrived. Wow!! Rukako you have my respect.

But I still don't understand... How did they overwrite Okabes memory with time leap machine again?
Sep 6, 2018 4:36 AM

Jul 2016
PR is finally here. Lukako such a badass Shaman Samurai Trap. Next episode seems like the most awaited
Sep 6, 2018 4:39 AM

Jul 2014
I should have known that the Time Leap machine wouldn't work on the first attempt, as that would have been far too easy. Even so, the jump to 2036 was not what I was expecting to happen instead, but logically I should have seen it coming considering how Okabe was motivated in the original Steins;Gate. Everything that then happened in 2036 was really well-executed and did a really good job of breaking Okabe down before providing him the motivation to try all over again. It's going to be an interesting final few episodes, to say the least.
Sep 6, 2018 5:36 AM

Jan 2018
Kohaiii_ said:

Ah ok, thanks. That explains it.
ChemicalBroSep 6, 2018 5:46 AM
Sep 6, 2018 6:18 AM

May 2013
Goddamn Rukako became an even greater trap in 2036.
I knew Hiyajo wouldn't age but Farris-nyan looking the same since 2011. She must be some sort of fairy.
Sep 6, 2018 7:26 AM

Sep 2013
NezumiiroHoshi said:
Although the staff did try their best, I didn't feel anything.

FMmatron said:
Okabe on meth.

The episode was ok, but I can't say that I was touched.

2 Responses like this in the first 10 posts

The director of this show really isn't up to par. Everything that is happening right now blew your mind in the VN but here people are like "meh". Clearly the director isn't doing the material justice
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 2018 8:15 AM

Jan 2008
I often have the feeling this new series was written by some corny 14-year-olds for 12-year-olds. The newest episode’s just enhanced this assumption of mine.

Future!Daru was a pleasant surprise and the ending was interesting, I can give these two.
Use your brain before using your keyboard!
Sep 6, 2018 8:38 AM

Sep 2013
Average episode for me.

This world doesn't look like that it suffered a WWIII at all

Ruka's role in this episode was an overused one with him sacrificing himself in order to save his friends. It supposed to be an emotional scene in the end but it didn't work due to that reason
Sep 6, 2018 9:13 AM

Jan 2013
So Ruka is apparently a badass in the future. I remember this part from the visual novel but it never really registered so I guess they did a good job animating it.
Akiha/Feyris surprisingly enough looks even better than before even though she's suppose to be over 40 now. Can't say I don't appreciate it.

The episode itself was pretty good but if they have the time leap machine, why not just go back a few hours and save Ruka. Or save every single person in this way since they apparently had it all along. Anybody can use it, you don't even need to remember the world lines.
Overall though, the anime was pretty much a disappointment since it's clear at this point that they won't be animating any of the great scenes from Maho's route and probably nothing more from Moeka either. I'll still wait for the last few episodes before deciding on a final score though.
Sep 6, 2018 9:21 AM

Mar 2009
I'm really disappointed with how the story develops in the last 3 of 4 episodes and Okabe is being a pain in the ass which is getting annoying.
Sep 6, 2018 10:15 AM

May 2016
KOPSSAN said:
Average episode for me.

Really? Almost everything in Akiba is ruined, didn't you see?
-
Sep 6, 2018 10:38 AM

Mar 2018
Woah I didn't know rukako could be in 3 places at once
Sep 6, 2018 10:39 AM

Jan 2013
Nice, finally a second good episode.
Sep 6, 2018 11:29 AM

Oct 2013
OK episode.

I can't help but feel that Luka's death was more meaningful in the VN. Here it seems forced and more like an excuse to give motivation to Okabe to use the time leap machine.

Maho's appearance didn't shocked me, but what about Faris? She's 43 here and still finishes her phrases with "nyan" and uses those cat ears...
Sep 6, 2018 11:33 AM

Dec 2015
the most "wake ga wakaran" anime that i ever seen -_-.
ReMadzaSep 7, 2018 6:06 AM
Sep 6, 2018 11:33 AM

Jan 2013
I almost fell asleep watching this episode. 3 more weeks to go ugh
Sep 6, 2018 11:42 AM

Mar 2018
idk why he tried so hard
just let mayuri die and go back to the timeline where rukako is a girl
plus there's no ww3 in that timeline
BOOM problem solve
吃屁股
Sep 6, 2018 11:47 AM

Apr 2015
Oriionx said:
idk why he tried so hard
BOOM problem solve

He still dies in year 2025 and there's still SERN controlling the whole world.
Also pretty sure Rukako dies too on that timeline.
Sep 6, 2018 11:50 AM

Sep 2013
SheevPalpatine said:
KOPSSAN said:
Average episode for me.

Really? Almost everything in Akiba is ruined, didn't you see?

We are talking about WWIII here!
2011 HELLO
nukes, advanced weapons, and technologies, etc..

what we saw is your basic war ruins
Sep 6, 2018 11:51 AM

Mar 2018
Veromaye said:
Oriionx said:
idk why he tried so hard
BOOM problem solve

He still dies in year 2025 and there's still SERN controlling the whole world.
Also pretty sure Rukako dies too on that timeline.
at least we get a female rukako
''think with your dick not with your brain''-Mahatma Gandhi
吃屁股
Sep 6, 2018 1:08 PM
Jan 2013
Not completely canon, though, but his episode served as a nice build up towards the end.
Sep 6, 2018 2:02 PM
Aug 2018
does anyone understand why suzuha is alive in ep 20 if in ep 19 she was supposed to die with mayuri?????
Sep 6, 2018 2:25 PM

May 2016
steveeluv said:
does anyone understand why suzuha is alive in ep 20 if in ep 19 she was supposed to die with mayuri?????

She is the Suzuha who was born in 2017, not the one who travelled back
-
Sep 6, 2018 2:46 PM

May 2012
How old is Ruka in this episode ?! 25 years passed but he still look young and still a trap
Sep 6, 2018 3:02 PM

Aug 2017
Amazing episode.

This is WWIII. Feyris have the same appearance in the future lol. Ruka is dead :(

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 6, 2018 3:44 PM

Aug 2014
Kohaiii_ said:

lol I pirated the whole game/franchise and played SG zero after ep 3 (anime) was out
Sep 6, 2018 3:55 PM
Nov 2016
Haeduans said:
Kohaiii_ said:

lol I pirated the whole game/franchise and played SG zero after ep 3 (anime) was out

We must learn the ways to be a good pirate just like Christopher Columbus.
Sep 6, 2018 4:40 PM

Aug 2014
Relative to ep 18/19 gorey swashbuckling kagari and suzuha, ep 20 improved a bit.
But, relative to VN, somehow it didn't.

For instance, this. Dem feet.

I think I'll agree with some previous comments that it wasn't good that they changed this into a daytime scene. When Okabe woke up in VN, it was such a dreadful and ominous feeling that I was able to experience (both for Okabe and me). Here, I won't say my feelings were disconnected because I played the VN already, it's just that it did not register well even though the voice-acting was good. Seems like it has something to do with the audio, or as mentioned earlier, the "daytime" change, and some visual tweaks to induce a more relaxing atmosphere.

Darkness is a real motivator. Suspenseful moments submerged into darkness is not just a plot device to instigate fear of an adversary, because when darkness surrounds, it's actually the fear of the unknown. I have the feeling the VN directed me to feel this way: with darkness comes the eerie red lighting; the crazy wind blowing as if signaling an unknown turbulence which is yet to happen; the wild dogs going "wild" with their meal beside a mountain of corpses; and the lingering weakened state of Okabe wherein he should not be able to get up that easily and walk up on his own after a couple of minutes - these are scenarios that can be amplified better when situated along a stream of darkened surroundings.
Sep 6, 2018 6:03 PM

Jan 2012
Haeduans said:
Darkness is a real motivator. Suspenseful moments submerged into darkness is not just a plot device to instigate fear of an adversary, because when darkness surrounds, it's actually the fear of the unknown. I have the feeling the VN directed me to feel this way: with darkness comes the eerie red lighting; the crazy wind blowing as if signaling an unknown turbulence which is yet to happen; the wild dogs going "wild" with their meal beside a mountain of corpses; and the lingering weakened state of Okabe wherein he should not be able to get up that easily and walk up on his own after a couple of minutes - these are scenarios that can be amplified better when situated along a stream of darkened surroundings.

Yeah its a very important factor in building the atmosphere. At least he still woke up in a dark room, so at least i didnt feel like the beginnining was any weaker. It just dropped fast to an rather mysterious than suspenseful unknown feeling once he got outside. Till the brightness became rather annoying as i hoped to see the time progressing at least to see a crimson sky, but it stayed the bright sunny hell.

BulletKing said:
I'm not even comparing anythign to the VN anymore. I thought this was pretty well adapted. Ruka looked girlier than what I remembered but still pretty cool. Okabe gonna leap 245213523 times now, just the thought of that is scary.

We only saw Luka's back in the VN and it did rather look like his normal self as they didnt bother making him an proper future design. Kinda like Faris didnt age either, but this fits her character. They took her 2025 design as she didnt have one in PR either as a side character, but she's perfect as she is anyway xD

So this is at least something that the anime improved as i rather like this design and they did show him manlier in action.

thepath said:
How old is Ruka in this episode ?! 25 years passed but he still look young and still a trap

August 30, 1993 is his bday. So he was 16 in S;G and 17 in 0.
He should be therefore 41~42 in 2036. It fits well.
sanleiSep 6, 2018 6:16 PM
Sep 6, 2018 9:48 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Rukako damn that 180 change. Both are cute tbh but omg this Rukako has this cool aura tbh.
Okabe looks so old, the timeline so destroyed.
That scene where they showed his tortured body was depressing. Makes me wonder who got tortured worse, Kagari or Okabe. In Kagari’s case they really made the her cell look so creepy and disturbing, to show how much she got tortured.

Tho i did like when Fayris hugged Okabe. Not everyone likes her but tbh I really like her cheerful personality whenever she’s with Okabe.
The ending is so much hype. His look as he says he’s gonna give it one more try time machine.

Sep 6, 2018 11:48 PM
Mar 2018
Ruka has reached new level of trap, a baddass trap

So bad he's dead
Sep 7, 2018 12:13 AM

Jul 2016
This is the first episode of the series that felt like the original series.

Might be too little too ate to save this anime though.
Sep 7, 2018 4:37 AM

Oct 2008
Instead of going to the past, he went to future!
oh man Rukako! The pain and suffering is eternal!
This episode was EPIC!
5/5.

Sep 7, 2018 8:23 AM
May 2015
Great episode. The only real thing that bothered me, was when, near the end, Okabe was listing off people who died. One name that stuck out was Yuki's name. Did Okabe see Yuki die at any point during the previous episodes? I may of just forgotten, but that name stuck out to me.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2018

572 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Yesterday, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 22, 2018

163 by Alrinth »»
Apr 10, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

197 by Alrinth »»
Apr 9, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 11 Discussion

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

38 by Alrinth »»
Apr 7, 4:11 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

103 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Mar 24, 4:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.