Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 5, 2018 12:35 PM
Jul 2018
but wasnt the time leap machine's limit just 2 days? what is he planning to achieve by going back 2 days max?
Sep 5, 2018 12:36 PM

Nov 2011
Does this mean the other war scene in the VN will not make it into the anime? The part where Okabe was being protected by soldiers. Yeah it was hinted way back in Ep 4 (was it?) but it really was just a short preview.

matijaleader said:
but wasnt the time leap machine's limit just 2 days? what is he planning to achieve by going back 2 days max?

Mod Edit: Merged double posts
NoLiferSoulSep 5, 2018 2:06 PM
Sep 5, 2018 12:45 PM

Jul 2016
seyusx said:
matijaleader said:

Mike4992Sep 6, 2018 1:16 AM
Sep 5, 2018 12:45 PM
Jul 2018
seyusx said:
matijaleader said:

Sep 5, 2018 12:54 PM

Jan 2013
at least now the OG ending is coming together
also Rukako is most underrated character in the series imo. his fate stings alot
Sep 5, 2018 1:07 PM

Apr 2018
THe pieces are all starting to come up together now
Mother goose episode(Where the song of kagari originates from okabe while okabe himself doesn't remember it)-Deceive Yourself
Altair (Leskinen)-Make your past self do the work
PR-Deceive the World
And I guess we all know what is the next episode all about.
HYPE
AktisuSep 5, 2018 1:22 PM
Sep 5, 2018 1:10 PM
Aug 2018
I Apologize for my rudeness but i will ask straight.

Do you guys think there will be a sequel ? ( no matter how long it will take)
Sep 5, 2018 1:13 PM
Feb 2018
FINAL-FU#*ING-LY

Steins Gate went somewhere new with this episode, but I'm still disappointed it didn't come to this point sooner. The whole kagari as well as the A.I storyline was a waste and if it had never happened, we could have had more mythology with this episode coming much sooner.
The fact that there are only 3 episodes left is really frustrating because we are finally getting to the good part.

Also I don't understand in 2011 and also in the original series about why doesnt Okabe build the time leap machine faster so he can get back further in the past. If he does that, he would always win hours and even days and maybe even reach the previous year. He just needs to understand how to build the time leap machine as fast as possible and always do it earlier than before.
supernicolasmanSep 5, 2018 1:16 PM
Sep 5, 2018 1:14 PM

Jan 2017
suprimekai said:

You aren't rude at all, but I doubt there would be a sequel. Both SG and SG0 are adaptations of full visual novels, and there are no other main ones to adapt from what I know.
Sep 5, 2018 1:16 PM

Jan 2012
Finally PR. Still dislike they changed it to daytime, but they otherwise caught the atmosphere quite well with the bluray hopefully fixing it more. The start was just perfect.

The episode showed why 19 was the worst possible choice to adapt PR. The link was just weak, they glimpsed on 2025 Okabe and STRATFOR wanting him. Still missing clean up of subplots. All stuff that wouldnt be so bad if they just went GS instead of making a lighthearted 19 which tries to tie Reyes in the worst possible way in.

Still glad we got an otherwise well done PR, but really its about time that 21 & 22 finally clean up the mess that 19 did and some previous choices did. I still mostly blame 19 though.
Sep 5, 2018 1:17 PM

Oct 2016
Well, at least animation quality was much better than it was in a past few episodes.

It seems that Faris doesn't age :D 40+ but still looks like a 17-year-old lol
Sep 5, 2018 1:25 PM

Jul 2017
This was terrible. I couldn't even give a shit, and it actually pains me saying that since I fucking love Steins;Gate more than my family.

Everything here was just a giant mess and the explanations did not help at all.

I don't know what the director is doing with the mixing of these routes, but this show is just sinking and sinking and sinking into the deep abyss.
Sep 5, 2018 1:41 PM
Aug 2018
animejas said:
This was terrible. I couldn't even give a shit, and it actually pains me saying that since I fucking love Steins;Gate more than my family.

Everything here was just a giant mess and the explanations did not help at all.

I don't know what the director is doing with the mixing of these routes, but this show is just sinking and sinking and sinking into the deep abyss.

you're right :( i feel the same
Sep 5, 2018 1:53 PM
Jun 2009
I like how they changed setting, as it would be meaningless to stay in 2011. Overall it is a nice episode with predictable ending scene.
Sep 5, 2018 2:00 PM

Dec 2017
previous episode: i'm gonna save mayuri and suhuza!
this episode: i'm gonna find steins; gate!

wow, we're back to square one again, and all it took was 20 episodes and a shit ton of weak drama. honestly, couldn't care less about rukako at all, dead or alive
Sep 5, 2018 2:06 PM

Feb 2014
Welcome back, Steins Gate! =D

The Promised Rinascimento is now underway and although there were a few changes compared to the VN version, I say this adaptation of the route is pretty good. Unlike the VN, the anime shows Ruka and Faris' faces, in which they look like they're in their twenties.

Although Ruka was a badass, he got caught out by the big clanger of a death-flag, but despite that, his death scene with Okabe cradling Ruka in his arms was still pretty touching and sad. D=

Bring on the next episode already! =3
Sep 5, 2018 2:08 PM

Jul 2015
Finally Okabe understands that Steins Gate is the only way out from this chaos. Also it seems that whichever path he choose, all paths lead to the Steins Gate.
Sep 5, 2018 2:14 PM

Aug 2018
because i'm not VN reader i never expect this to happened and i was always wonder how they gonna show us the future if we stuck in 2011 for almost the whole series !

this episode was pretty shocking ! and pretty good
the Voice acting is perfect as always

Ruka death made me cry idk why some other people don't feel for it but i did

everything is just a chaos of suffering and pain and it's beautiful !
The universe has a beginning, but no end. — Infinite.
The stars too have beginnings, but their own power results in their destruction. — Finite.
It is those who possess wisdom who are the greatest fools. History has shown us this.
You could say that this is the final warning from God to those who resist.
Sep 5, 2018 2:29 PM
Aug 2016
Arzi_89 said:
Well, at least animation quality was much better than it was in a past few episodes.

It seems that Faris doesn't age :D 40+ but still looks like a 17-year-old lol

She also still has the cat ears and cat puns.
Sep 5, 2018 2:29 PM

Feb 2017
Okabe's face at the end was so badass!
Sep 5, 2018 2:34 PM

Aug 2015
boredsalad said:
Pretty dark episode
Don't think they ever mentioned future Okabe's fate in original anime since the part with Nae was cutout
Well, now people know...

The part with Nae was cut out but Okabe was still known to die in 2025 though. Suzuha said so back then in Alpha.

ten said:
Why time leap machine again, don't they have time machine already?

Anyhow, Ruka-samurai was the highlight of the episode if not the whole season.

Why would Okabe sacrifice 25 years of his life? It's better to time leap back to 2011.

suprimekai said:

Sequel of steins gate? There isn't besides the OVA and the MOVIE and people keep repeating the same shit again and again about it "not being canon".
Otherwise, you have Chaos;Child and Robotic;Notes but those aren't very good.
Robotic;Notes is also infamous for leaving easter eggs like showing the steins gate world line number on the divergence meter, showing some Kurisu message on @ channel and having DaSH (DaruSuperHacker) help defeat the big bad with his hacker skills but he's only mentionned as far as I remember. Ah and, grown up Nae is part of the main cast there.
SirLezardSep 5, 2018 3:00 PM
"Vaut mieux se suffire à soi que finir assoiffé dans le monde des apparences."

Sep 5, 2018 2:48 PM

May 2017
Now that was a damn good episode.
Sep 5, 2018 3:03 PM
Jul 2018
Just like how Okabe depressed about this timeline, I feel the same way that this whole sequel thing feels quite mess up! At least it was cool to see how awesome Daru gets in future but on the other hand watching how other characters' changed feels like those where something I shouldn't have known.. the last part of the Okabe's development was great to watch.
Sep 5, 2018 3:05 PM

Jan 2016
HOHOUIN KYOUMA!!!! HYPE
Sep 5, 2018 3:34 PM
Dec 2014
Bit confused as to why Suzuha is still here when she also got in the time machine in 2011 with Mayuri.
Sep 5, 2018 3:50 PM

Apr 2018
I was so hyped waiting for this episode and wondered why there wasn't an OP this time. Okabe looked terrible being all pale. But this episode got me with the feels for Rukako. That sword fighting style was amazing. I cried when she died when Okabe finally woke up after Rukako and Faris were looking out for him. I wonder what will happen next and that last line was amazing! I like Daru's look when he's skinnier, he looks badass.
KarsaaaSep 5, 2018 3:57 PM
Sep 5, 2018 3:52 PM

Aug 2015
Siphoner said:
Bit confused as to why Suzuha is still here when she also got in the time machine in 2011 with Mayuri.

Obviously, it's the Suzuha of that time. She most likely hasn't gone back in time yet. This isn't the Suzuha who went back to the past and lived through 2036 again. It's the one who was born in 2017 and hasn't gone back to 2010 yet.
"Vaut mieux se suffire à soi que finir assoiffé dans le monde des apparences."

Sep 5, 2018 4:14 PM

Sep 2017
Oh man that ending got me pumped up. Okabe can finally grasp how bad the future is and will actually try to fix it. I get the feeling that the Mayuri going back with Suzuha and this route were not connected in the VN. I still think they did a decent job of connecting them. Yes last ep Okabe was trying to time leap to save them, but getting to Steins;Gate also accomplishes that. Oh ya the action felt good again as well.

Rukako was a badass and that beginning gave me chills.
Sep 5, 2018 4:30 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode.

Damn, Okabe looked horrible for most of the episode, damn.

Pretty cool that Daru and co managed to basically bring Okarin back from the dead.
Damn, Rukako went from trap to full fledged badass. :O
His death was pretty sad even though it was pretty easy to see coming. :(

That last scene was awesome, especially with the determined look on Okabe's face, Honounin Kyouma is back!!!
Sep 5, 2018 4:41 PM

Mar 2014
Awesome episode!

Okabe just keeps looking more depress no matter what timeline he is in this whole anime ;/

Daru losing that weight had me laughing but damn Ruka, sometimes I hate Japan for making him a trap so I can't say he looks "good" in the future >.<

But he is a badass trap until the end!
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Sep 5, 2018 4:52 PM

Apr 2016
another pretty sad episode, the first scene was really cool visually, I liked it a lot
thin Daru is wild O.o
Ruka looked really cool as an adult honestly, the death scene was pretty depressing
we are reaching the final act!!
Sep 5, 2018 4:54 PM

Aug 2012
I get mixed feelings looking at Ruka.
Sep 5, 2018 5:08 PM
a car

Jun 2017
Man, I was all hype with the no opening sequence, thinking that they'd have a
but I guess it would've taken too long to explain everything in this episode and have time to spare.

But next episode should be- beyond a shadow of a doubt- the mostest greatest episode of Steins;Gate 0 EVER.
Sep 5, 2018 5:10 PM

Apr 2013
MrAwesome2018 said:
I get mixed feelings looking at Ruka.

HueyLion said:
Awesome episode!

damn Ruka, sometimes I hate Japan for making him a trap so I can't say he looks "good" in the future >.<

But he is a badass trap until the end!

Well I guess I'll say it for you guys, he looks good.
Sep 5, 2018 5:16 PM

Nov 2015
the best episode so far !
Sep 5, 2018 5:30 PM

Jan 2015
Two things about this episode were hilarious... One, was the image of future Faris donning military fatigues, and still with that same hairstyle. The other, was just how much better this show did the ‘waking up in the distant future only to find the resolve to go back in time, again’ trope, than the past two episodes of the anime, ‘Island’. I mean, it’s like Shakespeare meets Teletubbies. And then of course, the tearjerking death of Rukako. Gawd, I love this show!
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~
Sep 5, 2018 6:00 PM

Jan 2017
Very great episode! I am ready to forgive White Fox for terrible 18th episide. Animation is improved, new character design is great, directing is as good as it was in episide 19. One thing, that I don’t like is that why didn’t decide to do it before. Because I want more postapocaliptic future setting in Steins;Gate.
Sep 5, 2018 6:41 PM
Mar 2018
boredsalad said:
Pretty dark episode
Don't think they ever mentioned future Okabe's fate in original anime since the part with Nae was cutout
Well, now people know...
thats beta world line tho,
Here nae has nothing to do with okabe as he has nothing to do with SERRN and hence her dad
Sep 5, 2018 6:44 PM

Jun 2015
If only the production was consistently at this level...
"If you truly wish to understand, you must have the contrast, not blind adherence to a single ideal." - Kreia
Sep 5, 2018 7:13 PM
Jan 2016
And as i saw in episode 19, with the last image when time got broken, i thought that something will happen wrong, and it was, time leap went to future, and Okarin could see how is the future! Really didnt expected this time leap! Dont know what to think, if it was good or not! But everything has a meaning to happen! Atleast finally seems that Hohouin Kyouma is starting to come back to find Steins Gate!

Feris and Rukako with military outfit, really impressed me, and samurai Rukako really looked awesome! Daru isnt fat in the future, he looks great!

Okarin wants to prepare time leap machine? They dont have already time machine? I am really curious to see if the time leap will make him return to 2011, or if it will returning 48 hours back as always!

One of the best episodes so far! For me is a 5/5! So much hyped for next episode!
Sep 5, 2018 7:47 PM
Jun 2017
Okabe instead of being transported in the past, he was transported to the FUTURE and it is confirmed, the direction of world line they are with will lead still to the war and thats what made Okabe still look like that...

And look at those cold expression by the lab members knowing that rukako died. Well in a war you could seen so much of like that so they are used to it already...

ANYWAYS i love this one, from the opening scene where i have a feeling that its not past (and indeed its the future he has been with) and from some details of what happen in the future...

Ohh next episode im ready for you..
Sep 5, 2018 8:17 PM

Jul 2017
Pretty boring episode. Rukako's death was over-dramatic, and I'm really tired of seeing Okabe worse and worse.
Sep 5, 2018 9:07 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Pretty good episode overall. The moments with Okabe meeting everyone else in the future was very entertaining to say the least. rip Ruka

Hoping White Fox can nail the final 3 eps given how mediocre this adaptation has been for the most part.
Sep 5, 2018 9:10 PM
Aug 2013
Wow this was such a "wtf" episode. Loved it. Someone explain to me though...
If this is the world line that Okabe "chose" where Kurisu chooses to die to save Mayuri, where is Mayuri? If she died, or is MIA, why is Suzuha still here in the future? They were both in the time machine when it gets destroyed, right? Or are we just assuming Suzuha survived while Mayuri was never found?
Sep 5, 2018 9:15 PM

Aug 2018
Im cutting onions rn
Sep 5, 2018 9:36 PM
Apr 2017
rakka_tsuki said:
If this is the world line that Okabe "chose" where Kurisu chooses to die to save Mayuri, where is Mayuri? If she died, or is MIA, why is Suzuha still here in the future? They were both in the time machine when it gets destroyed, right? Or are we just assuming Suzuha survived while Mayuri was never found?

This Suzuha is born in the time after missing of the other, time traveling suzuha.
suryaiyer13Sep 5, 2018 9:53 PM
Sep 5, 2018 9:42 PM
Aug 2013
suryaiyer13 said:
rakka_tsuki said:

This Suzuha is born in the time after missing of the other, time traveling suzuha.

OH okay, now that I think about it, future Suzuha would have aged just like Okabe did. So that's CURRENT future Suzuha... got it, thank you
Sep 5, 2018 10:06 PM
Nov 2016
This was an ok episode, the fighting scene was improved and Samurai Ruka/Luka was decent, it was not the over-dramatic bullshit from Terminator Kagari which I hated so that's an improvement there I guess.

This was supposed to be a "feels" episode but I couldn't feel a thing when Ruka/Luka died so something went wrong with the direction or the presentation, the music wasn't that touching either. Episode 8 hit me with the feels but I just can't see that "charm" in the rest of the episodes this anime offered so far.

It was an ok episode, I thought it was going to be worse but it was quite enjoyable. Still, this anime is pretty damn far to being a masterpiece, they needed to get to this point a lot sooner, the concept of Amadeus or A.I was also a wasted potential on this anime.
xZabuzaxSep 5, 2018 10:40 PM
Sep 5, 2018 10:42 PM

May 2016
xZabuzax said:

This was supposed to be a "feels" episode but I couldn't feel a thing when Ruka/Luka died so something went wrong with the direction or the presentation, the music wasn't that touching either..

That's strange. I cried at his death in the VN, and in the anime, too, but I'm not really a fan of Lukako.
-
Sep 6, 2018 12:48 AM

Jan 2018
Kohaiii_ said:
As a VN Watcher(Watched it on youtube... very poor to buy a $40CAD game)

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2018

572 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Yesterday, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 22, 2018

163 by Alrinth »»
Apr 10, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

197 by Alrinth »»
Apr 9, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 11 Discussion

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

38 by Alrinth »»
Apr 7, 4:11 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

103 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Mar 24, 4:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.