Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 3, 2018 9:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's great to see all the main cast together this episode just hanging out and enjoying life. But rather than nature, they are in town together and making valuable memories with their photos.

Sep 3, 2018 11:06 AM

Nov 2007
After the trip, they are with the classmates. They are still awkward.

To Ikebukuro?

Friend girl mistook the date to go to the movie, so she feels boring. She met Hikasa-san's character and Yui-chan's character.

It seems like main girl is fine with the classmates.

Oh, so Yui-chan's character wanting to be a teacher. And Hikasa-san's character decided to go to university as well, though not decided which major.

On the way back, main girl realized that one of the girls, the long hair w. glasses, is same class as her during junior high. She noticed main girl's change (good change). lol @ keep reminding her not to forget.

Friend girl feels lonely (that main girl gets along well)?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 3, 2018 12:27 PM

Apr 2016
The drama is killing me.

Also my God this was already 10th episode. We ending soon bois.

pyongshin said:
the yuri is becoming a reality

In your dreams mate.
SwagernatorSep 3, 2018 12:30 PM
Sep 3, 2018 12:29 PM

Jul 2007
Sep 3, 2018 12:59 PM

Jul 2015
I really liked how this episode showed Aoi's change as the episodes passed, now let's see if she and Hinata can finally say what they think about their current situation.
Sep 3, 2018 1:12 PM

Aug 2013
Swagernator said:
The drama is killing me.

Also my God this was already 10th episode. We ending soon bois.

pyongshin said:

In your dreams mate.

Nope, the yuri is coming and you can't stop it. Hinata can't take this separation much longer.
Sep 3, 2018 1:28 PM

Apr 2016
Anon028 said:
Nope, the yuri is coming and you can't stop it. Hinata can't take this separation much longer.

I don't need to stop it, there is nothing that need to be stopped.

Well, except the yuri fans who as usually thinks they know more than author lmao.
SwagernatorSep 3, 2018 1:31 PM
Sep 3, 2018 3:50 PM

Sep 2015
The Yuri is comming you like it or not!

But no need for a kiss or a love confession, silently holding hands in last episode is more than enough.
Sep 3, 2018 7:53 PM

Aug 2013
Swagernator said:
Anon028 said:

I don't need to stop it, there is nothing that need to be stopped.

Well, except the yuri fans who as usually thinks they know more than author lmao.

The author said on twitter this whole thing is anime original:
https://i.imgur.com/YJdZsf4.png

Not even the author or anyone in Japan besides the anime studio knows where this is going. But it clearly is setting up as Hinata realizing her feelings asking herself what's happening with her in the bath.
Sep 3, 2018 8:04 PM

Mar 2018
shiro_kai said:
The Yuri is comming you like it or not!

But no need for a kiss or a love confession, silently holding hands in last episode is more than enough.

This, they're building up an Aoi-Hinata reconciliation & the promise to climb Mt.Fuji next year together <3

Yuri will win in the end
Sep 3, 2018 8:49 PM
Feb 2014
Wahh the animation was really beautiful this episode, Hinata's turn on the bridge when she was saying goodbye was so smooth ~
Sep 4, 2018 3:23 AM

Feb 2013
Wow, she didn't remember Kasumi even though they were in the same class for three years, she reminds me of myself.
Sep 4, 2018 3:34 AM

Jan 2017
Hope they just extend to a 2nd cour.. doesn't seem like they're going to climb Mt. Fuji anytime soon... =( And I don't want to wait another year or so..
Sep 5, 2018 9:33 AM
Nov 2009
This makes me feel really bad for Hinata - I hope she can talk to Aoi soon, the ending with her in the bath was very dramatic...
Sep 6, 2018 8:13 AM

Dec 2014
Holy cow, this episode stunned me with the absurd quality leap the direction and animation took! It's near Hibike! Euphonium level of directing, with a big emphasis on small details, great use of lighting to create an emotional mood, nuanced character acting... It almost looks like it was made by KyoAni. It definitely makes more palpable how important Hinata and Aoi are to each other and especially what is going through Hinata's mind in this moment. I can relate to her feelings because I'm very attached to my few best friends just like she and Aoi are, with this kind of jealousy they feel when other friends show up, but they know they shouldn't feel that. This show is portraying this in a very realistic and relatable way.
Sep 7, 2018 12:39 AM

Jul 2012
Beautiful episode.

The animation, framing and direction is so wonderful and a perfect execution of what it feels when a best friend once attached to you begins to venture out on their own and expand their social horizon. Hinata knows she should be happy for Aoi but can't help feeling jealous, it's something many can probably relate to and I've certainly experienced this during my school life.
Sep 10, 2018 11:47 AM

Apr 2016
Ga_Laxy said:
Beautiful episode.

The animation, framing and direction is so wonderful and a perfect execution of what it feels when a best friend once attached to you begins to venture out on their own and expand their social horizon. Hinata knows she should be happy for Aoi but can't help feeling jealous, it's something many can probably relate to and I've certainly experienced this during my school life.

It's good to see that along with the fetishistic bullshit forced by fans and the selfprojection of people into this show with their delusions, there are still fans who can read the message this show is trying to say to its viewers.

SwagernatorSep 10, 2018 11:55 AM
Sep 20, 2018 12:16 AM

May 2015
Aoi is getting delusional...

Now Hinata is getting delusional...These girls need to start talking to each other...

Odd pairings!

And now it's Hinata who feels alone while Aoi gets to socialize. This episode was depressing...
Oct 2, 2018 12:12 AM

Jul 2016
It seems Aoi had a great time with her new friends, which makes me happy. That's some good character development for her, to be honest.

Hinata, on the other hand, had some strange feelings related to this. It's also interesting to see that in case they're apart from each other, it's Hinata who seems to had it worse. Which is surprising since I though it would be Aoi instead.

And well, aside from the people who think that there's some romantic nature regarding Hinata's way of thinking, it's clear that what she feels is jealousy because she can't spend as much time as she wants with Aoi due to the new friends Aoi had made, which is something completely understandable. Aside from Kaede and co., at school, there were always the two of them due to Aoi's shy nature so I understand Hinata's "depression". But well, since this was already explained in a fantastic way by some users above me, I'm not going to try to explain the exact same thing again.

They only need to talk, especially Hinata and everything will be ok. It was a very good episode.
SouthRzVaOct 2, 2018 10:05 AM
Oct 5, 2018 6:26 PM

Oct 2012
Pretty good episode, this insecurity and the feeling they are not needed is pretty much something everyone experiened in their youth, they portrayed it really well.
And it fact, it was Hinata who forced her away from her, being stubborn. But I'm pretty sure they reconcile in the next chapter.

And it was pretty great to see Kaede again, still hoping she's going mountaineering with them in the end.
Nov 4, 2018 5:30 PM

May 2012
Nice episode again, and with three more episodes I really do wonder what will happen next!
Dec 17, 2018 9:17 AM

Apr 2012
@vini64

@SouthRzVa

People, don't even try to explain something to them. These people seem to have never had friends, so they don't know what jealousy of friends is and see any emotions between people as romantic. I have already tried and it is useless.

Swagernator said:

It's good to see that along with the fetishistic bullshit forced by fans and the selfprojection of people into this show with their delusions, there are still fans who can read the message this show is trying to say to its viewers.

I agree. Even in adulthood, I was jealous when I saw that my best friends had a good time with someone else. Although of course, if you see romance even among people who never admit to love or kiss, then it is useless to explain something.
Feb 3, 2019 6:53 AM

Sep 2018
Wow! With this episode they are overcome, it's like having discovered a rare gem in an almost unexpected place. If they had told me at the beginning of the first season of this anime series that would have been so beautiful and interesting until now, I would not have believed it in the least, I'm very happy about that. How sad that it is almost over.
Feb 12, 2019 3:33 PM

Sep 2011
I find all these wishes for yuri amusing :D But it's just jealousy between friends with a bit of loneliness, nothing more.
That said, they really have to reconcile already, this is making me sad.
Aug 23, 2019 9:50 PM

Dec 2012
Hinata is starting to feel left out. That feeling of gradually drifting away is hard to fight because it starts so subtly and piles up as sneakily as snow.
Nov 8, 2019 10:10 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Hinata is too much jealous for nothing
Nov 28, 2020 3:17 PM
Aug 2020
Did I miss something? I thought Hinata's parents were divorced? When did her mom come back?
Jan 26, 2021 9:07 AM

Feb 2020
Hinata is clearly jealous of Aoi, but I'm sure they'll make things right sooner or later.

SerafosJan 6, 2:21 AM
Jan 21, 2022 8:43 AM

Aug 2018
The yuri drama is strong in this one. Great use of lighting this time.
May 10, 2022 11:14 AM

Aug 2018
Aoi once again gaining more relationships.. More would could become even overload, it feels, lol..
Dec 8, 2022 2:16 PM

Nov 2018
I know this feeling that Hinata experiences. When you are really close to someone and spend a lot of time together, the distances that occasionally occur and that person's other friendships can feel painful.

The heart can be very greedy and sticky 😋.
"The me today will not ever make the future me to regret!"
(Emily Adachi from Air Gear: Kuro no Hane to Nemuri no Mori - Break on the Sky)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yama no Susume: Third Season Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2018

21 by Sommernacht »»
Dec 6, 2023 7:27 AM

Poll: » Yama no Susume: Third Season Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

18 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Feb 22, 2023 1:49 PM

Poll: » Yama no Susume: Third Season Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2018

27 by quintopia »»
Jan 25, 2023 7:06 PM

Poll: » Yama no Susume: Third Season Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2018

37 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Dec 31, 2022 1:00 AM

Poll: » Yama no Susume: Third Season Episode 4 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

15 by Chaosfromhell »»
Dec 28, 2022 5:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.