Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 2, 2018 8:56 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, the action was intense this episode. Blood spilled and battle cries ringing over my ears.

Hanji definitely deserved some respect for her fighting skills imo. It's seriously about time Levi's squad decided to counterattack tbh. Kenny is such a loose cannon though. He's so unpredictable and his actions proves it.

God damn, Eren looked so helpless. Historia also showed a more badass side of herself and I'm glad the decision she made. That OST is fire.
Stark700Sep 2, 2018 11:27 AM
Sep 2, 2018 9:02 AM

Feb 2017
Incredible episode. So intense and emotional.

Episode end card:
TsarkoSep 2, 2018 9:30 AM
Sep 2, 2018 10:08 AM

Oct 2013
Best episode so far this season, this one top episode 2 for me, and I love the soundtrack!
Sep 2, 2018 10:15 AM

Jun 2013
The fights were awesome wow. (I will forgive them for the awful smoke)

A really intense episode with a lot of character development especially for Historia and Eren. Historia's Vulgar but necessary side appears and Eren's grief.
Levi managed against Kenny somehow. Well, I never doubted him.

4.5/5 The soundtrack usage was great.

Sep 2, 2018 11:20 AM

Jun 2016
Awesome episode everything about this episode is great. Levi vs Kenny was Great this is one of the new things Hajime wants to add.

Levi defeat Kenny and cause him to run away and retreat. Levi Squad is just slaughtering Kenny squad,they can t even kill one of the member of levi squad despite having more numbers.

Looks like Rod reiss got desperate and swallow the serum to transform himself into a titan.
PrideRoyalIvySep 2, 2018 11:25 AM

Sep 2, 2018 11:30 AM

Aug 2018
Oh man, poor Jean, you could see something dying inside him when he killed that guy.

Connie however is completely driven by instinct - as usual. Love it.

Can't wait to see Rod Reiss's titan! (He's a bit bigger, I'll say that much)
Sep 2, 2018 11:30 AM

Apr 2014
This episode was good. Especially the part of the ceremony or whatever that was called. That was just slick.
Sep 2, 2018 11:32 AM

Dec 2014
Amazing episode again, delivered on all fronts.

Animation for the action scenes was spectacular especially for Mikasa and Levi, so good. xD
Levi landed a really strong blow on Kenny, nice.

A lot more really interesting revelations regarding the 'Founding Titan' and the Reiss legacy. So the walls were built by the first Reiss King who also wanted humanity to be ruled by Titans? Interesting, I'm really interested in the truth about the origin of the world and stuff. Why did the inherited ones choose not save humanity from the titans? I wonder when we're gonna get all those revelations.

Seeing Eren cry was pretty sad, he doesn't know what his reason for living is anymore. :(
Historia rejecting the titan injection was awesome.

Cornered Rod Reiss takes the serum himself, that transformation scene along with the final still shot was amazing. :O

Props to Wit Studio for the fantastic production.
Sep 2, 2018 11:33 AM
Jul 2018
Wow this episode is awesome. Historia did the right thing.
Soundtrack is very good too.
Sep 2, 2018 11:36 AM

May 2016
Im so happy for this episode, the moment with Historia gave me goosebumps, poor Hange also, she didn't deserve that.
Sep 2, 2018 11:40 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Levi's tactic of using a smokescreen to cover their
entrance was a smart move. The battle between
the corps and the interior troops was intense.
So Frieda was the current holder of the founding Titan before her
demise. The revelations about Reiss's plan was unexpected though.
The memories sure put Eren into despair. Funny how they see their duty as that of a god though. Its good that Historia rejected that path.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 2, 2018 11:44 AM

Sep 2014
Amazing episode. Top notch action and Historia rejecting the Titan serum was also epic. I have to say that punch on the head she gave to Eren while he was crying was hilarious despite his mental breakdown lol
Sep 2, 2018 11:59 AM

Nov 2017
Amazing episode as always yet i'm still hating Historia the bitch!!!! Just die already!!! Eren should've transform himself and eat the motherfuckers. A little bit of action this week but nonetheless epic!!! Looking forward for the next one!!!
Sep 2, 2018 11:59 AM

Jan 2018
Yay! Savage Historia!
Sep 2, 2018 12:01 PM

Feb 2013
I just had my mind blown.. Amazing
Sep 2, 2018 12:09 PM
Dec 2015
DAT SOUNDTRACK THO! When can I get the album ?!?!!
Sep 2, 2018 12:11 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Eren, the crybaby, at it again.
2/5
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Sep 2, 2018 12:12 PM

Nov 2016
Hanges craziness, tho :D

This episode was so intense and I also loved the new OST's and remixes.

We're about to witness a monster of a titan.

Pacing is very nice so far.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 2, 2018 12:14 PM
Apr 2018
Historia punching Eren was what everyone wanted to see.
Sep 2, 2018 12:17 PM

Oct 2017
Why does Eren need to be awake for the ceremony? Wouldn’t it be easier if he was unconscious? or better yet, use the syringe to take his spinal fluid and just inject it into Historia. Titans don’t have a digestive track or asshole, how exactly do they absorb spinal fluid? When they finish the transformation the titan body disappears into smoke, does this mean the human remains inside of it turn into smoke as well? Or is there just a pile of human remains lying on the ground. If the human remains turns into smoke, why doesn’t the transformer’s body turn into smoke as well?

These wall crystals were impenetrable right? That’s why they couldn’t get to the other blond titan girl from first season, and why titans cannot break through the walls. How does their pneumatic guns and bombs break them so easy? How do their blades they stick into the hardest material in this universe?

Gun powder has greater energy density than air. If they have gunpowder why use pneumatic for propulsion? How did they carry all this shit down there? How did they not run out of air in this battle? Why didn’t they use the pneumatic guns from the previous guys they killed?

If the king can control memories, how do we even know all this backstory is real? Why would Eren’s father leave him all alone without explaining any of this? Don’t they have pen and paper? Put a little note in his lunchbox. If the noble bloodline traits are so strong how did ninja girls’s parent die so easy from thieves? Thieves that were easily defeated by children.
Sep 2, 2018 12:20 PM
Sep 2018
song name while fight pls!!!!!!!!

Jan 2013
Jesus fuck that was a good episode. Finally the fight between Levi's and Kenny's squads. Mikasa was just rampaging through them. Fucking amazing.
It was kinda ridiculous though how they pretty much let Kenny's squad retreat just because Hange got hit. You'd think they would have been prepared for some casualties and just keep going but as it is their operation pretty much failed completely. They had to rely on both Kenny AND Historia to switch sides just to avoid a worst case scenario.

And speaking of Historia, holy fucking shit she is a badass now. Everything after she knocked the vial away was pure epicness. It looks like the fact that's she's a trained soldier kinda slipped Rod's mind there. Hahahaha.
But it was kinda ridiculous how just licking a little of that titan juice seems to be enough to transform even though they've always been injecting huge amounts of it until now. I guess we'll have to wait and see whether this will be an incomplete transformation or something.

Last thing, what in the fuck happened to Eren's character this episode. All that anger and wanting to kill every last titan since he was a little kid and NOW he decides to become a suicidal pussy who doesn't want to do anything. I'd expect him to do something like try to convince Historia not to inject herself if he's not gonna transform but not this. I really don't like what they did to his character here.
Just thank Christ Historia was smart enough to smell something fishy going on and save everyone's asses. For now anyway.
Sep 2015
oh my god this episode is INTENSE!! but am i missing something? i only know the nobles have the power to erase people’s memories, when did they mention they can control titans too? i’ll be glad if someone can point me to that episode

and why did the titan that build the walls erase people’s memories in the first place?

also, so they just carried out this ritual for years just for the sake of having a “GOD” who have the memories of the past, can control titans and can erase people’s memories? but actually not for eliminating the titans since first king believe humans need to be ruled by titans?

ok, thats all my questions, i supposed there’s still a lot of crucial information in the manga that the anime hasn’t covered.
Questions away, I really like the scene where Historia remembers what Ymir said, “I want you to live a life that you’re proud of.” and that makes her reject the injection and decide to take on another path. So, thats why in the ED, Ymir was in it!
Sep 2, 2018 12:22 PM

Feb 2013
Historia did the right thing!
Sep 2, 2018 12:24 PM

Jun 2015
Dayum bruh, I don't even know anymore who's lying and who's telling the truth.
Sep 2, 2018 12:25 PM

Oct 2013
Username23489023 said:
Why does Eren need to be awake for the ceremony? Wouldn’t it be easier if he was unconscious? or better yet, use the syringe to take his spinal fluid and just inject it into Historia. Titans don’t have a digestive track or asshole, how exactly do they absorb spinal fluid? When they finish the transformation the titan body disappears into smoke, does this mean the human remains inside of it turn into smoke as well? Or is there just a pile of human remains lying on the ground. If the human remains turns into smoke, why doesn’t the transformer’s body turn into smoke as well?

These wall crystals were impenetrable right? That’s why they couldn’t get to the other blond titan girl from first season, and why titans cannot break through the walls. How does their pneumatic guns and bombs break them so easy? How do their blades they stick into the hardest material in this universe?

Gun powder has greater energy density than air. If they have gunpowder why use pneumatic for propulsion? How did they carry all this shit down there? How did they not run out of air in this battle? Why didn’t they use the pneumatic guns from the previous guys they killed?

If the king can control memories, how do we even know all this backstory is real? Why would Eren’s father leave him all alone without explaining any of this? Don’t they have pen and paper? Put a little note in his lunchbox. If the noble bloodline traits are so strong how did ninja girls’s parent die so easy from thieves? Thieves that were easily defeated by children.

Lool when someone think they are smart ass but actually is the opposite, wont even bother explaining anything to you keep making assumption and thinking it is all facts, knowing you are full blown hater of the series, its pointless wasting my time, just carry on with your bullshit.

Sep 2, 2018 12:27 PM

Feb 2018
ohhh my god!!! what an amazing episode WOW so much action and good storytelling

i loved mikasa going crazy af with her odm gear .. omg

sasha saving connie my new ship

i almost hated histortia jk i love her still shes just too pure...your not the worst girl ever!
and rod reiss titan holy shit!

NOO MY HANGE pls be okay or live i wanted to ship u with captn levi ... and kenny is such a cool character he basically freed eren u cant really hate him
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 2, 2018 12:27 PM

Feb 2018
The ost in this episode (in the fight scenes) reminded me of Samurai Champloo.
Also Eren looked so pathetic/stupid when he started crying.
Sep 2, 2018 12:29 PM

Mar 2016
By far the best episode of the whole show! This was basically perfection.
azertz99Sep 3, 2018 8:29 AM
Sep 2, 2018 12:29 PM

Jul 2014
What an episode that was. Intense action mixed with yet more interesting revelations about the power of the Titans and the history of humanity. I wasn't at all surprised that Rod Reiss was completely unhinged, but even so the tension throughout that whole scene was palpable, and I can't wait to see what happens next now that he's turned himself into a Titan (which of course raises the question of why he was so desperate for Historia to do it, but I digress).
Sep 2, 2018 12:30 PM

Sep 2011
What? There's a Historia hate? That's very news to me.

Sep 2, 2018 12:31 PM
Apr 2018
Summary of the episode: Mikasa and Levi being badasses as always, Eren has now depression and Historia finally joined the Dark Side...while Kenny was grabbing some pop-corn! But her father seems to have a HUGE anger....

More seriously, what was and excellent episode, Wit Studio is doing a good job in adapting the manga.
Manaarii_0Sep 2, 2018 9:16 PM
Sep 2, 2018 12:31 PM

Nov 2011
I think...I THINK Historia just became my favorite female in this anime...Mikasa...do something to change my mind! MY god this was one of the best episodes yet.

Calm down people Hange is not dead. No chance in hell she goes out like that!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 2, 2018 12:34 PM

Jun 2014
A lot of great action in this episode with Levi and the others, and the part with Historia going against her father's wishes was awesome as well. And of course, all of that was made even better by the exceptional OST.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 2, 2018 12:35 PM

Dec 2015
Great episode and glad they covered all those things. I like how they animated that bit of Reiss titan transformation.
Sep 2, 2018 12:36 PM

Jun 2014
okay what the hell is the big deal with injecting the spinal fluid if all Rod had to do was lick the shit off the floor?
Sep 2, 2018 12:40 PM
May 2018
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:
okay what the hell is the big deal with injecting the spinal fluid if all Rod had to do was lick the shit off the floor?

Maybe its incomplete since we have seen it evaporating...
Sep 2, 2018 12:42 PM

Feb 2015
At least Historia isn't that stupid..
Sep 2, 2018 12:48 PM

Feb 2013
keragamming said:
Username23489023 said:

Lool when someone think they are smart ass but actually is the opposite, wont even bother explaining anything to you keep making assumption and thinking it is all facts, knowing you are full blown hater of the series, its pointless wasting my time, just carry on with your bullshit.

Because there's no better way to prove someone is wrong by dismissing everything they say and labelling them a hater. You sure showed him.
Sep 2, 2018 12:49 PM

Dec 2015
keragamming said:
Username23489023 said:

Lmao what they said was hilarious nonsense
Sep 2, 2018 1:00 PM

Nov 2016
Historia is a true queen. Also, I need the soundtrack now.
Sep 2, 2018 1:01 PM

Aug 2012
Saeedpoppa said:

Because there's no better way to prove someone is wrong by dismissing everything they say and labelling them a hater. You sure showed him.

But its true, everything he pointed will be explained later. How do you want explanations without being spoiled?
FunsecoSep 2, 2018 1:04 PM
Sep 2, 2018 1:04 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Did a splendid job adaptaing this chapter and making Historia look like the badass queen she is.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 2, 2018 1:07 PM

Jan 2009
damn this is better than i remember reading in the manga

Historia is badass like she said fuck humanity lol
Sep 2, 2018 1:08 PM
May 2017
The dad is tall af. Colossal titan 2.0?
Sep 2, 2018 1:11 PM

Jan 2017
Hmmm, will Hange be the first death we get after such a long while; the AoT death felt slightly underwhelming after Marco.
But the action this episode though, the soundtrack alongside it made this episode so good... Can't wait for next week.
The fear -mixed with desperation- was profound in Rod Reiss' face, this is what made me become obsessed with this anime.. It just works so well.
I'm beginning to understand the burden Eren feels that he has to carry, for some reason guilt welled up inside me; damn anime, tugging at my heart strings like that.

On another note, I realise a contradiction in that crystal material... Anne covered herself in that material earlier on in the story, and because of that the scouts couldn't get any information. In this episode, however, the guns, the swords and the ODM gear was penetrating them walls with ease -heck, the guns were blowing the walls into pieces when they got hit. Seeing that that was overlooked really hones in the fact that Isayama must have been stressed.

P.S.
When this anime started, didn't some liken it to GoT... I've not really seen what they mean by that
tidoesstuffSep 2, 2018 1:23 PM
Sep 2, 2018 1:11 PM

Sep 2014
Alright Season 3 just became Anime of the Season for me. For the sequels neither Overlord nor BnHA can compare, and Steins gate is just, well, that doesnt count. The other seasonals are all pretty forgettable.

Historia probably cosplays Harley Quinn in her free time, all the look at me im a bad girl stuff.

Also I hoped Mikasa would just kill kenny but he deserves to live for now
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Sep 2, 2018 1:19 PM

Mar 2016
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:
The spinal fluid evaporates when enters in contact with the air if I'm not mistaken.
Why does it need to be injected? I think that's because it can cause irregularities. You will see what happens to Rod's pure titan next week because of that.

Mar 2016
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, the action was intense this episode. Blood spilled and battle cries ringing over my ears.

Hanji definitely deserved some respect for her fighting skills imo. It's seriously about time Levi's squad decided to counterattack tbh. Kenny is such a loose cannon though. He's so unpredictable and his actions proves it.

God damn, Eren looked so helpless. Historia also showed a more badass side of herself and I'm glad the decision she made. That OST is fire.

I can't be the only guy who laughed so hard when Historia called Eren a crybaby xDD

Oct 2014
HANJI IS ON THE FLOOR, I'M GONNA CRY!

These episodes should all be 1 hour long.. There are so many parallel stories, they barely have time to fit a scene of each in 23 minutes.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Sapewloth - Aug 8, 2018

117 by Adrian610 »»
Apr 8, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2018

443 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 6:23 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2018

243 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 5:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2018

214 by Apreggi »»
Mar 19, 4:41 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2018

188 by Apreggi »»
Mar 19, 4:01 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.