Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (12) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Sep 4, 2018 12:51 AM

Dec 2016
SlightlyPebbled said:
Esteban19 said:
the second season of Oreimo,sequel more than useless.
the first season for me was not a masterpiece but let's say it was not bad and inside there were good characters but above all I loved the message he was carrying,in the second season he turned into a junk anime, a harem done very badly with one of the most ugly and morally incorrect endings of all time.
It was the only anime where I felt like I had thrown my time.

I actually shipped them so I'm ok with the ending plus it was really obvious that they were gonna end up together, you could've dropped it smh. *Ugly and morally incorrect* awww cute! :3

having become a poor harem you could do all the ships you want,and it was not obvious,because if the author continued to give a logic to the opra with those parents would never have had such a final, leaving all the poverty of content of the entire season, mediocre work of a mediocre author.
Sep 4, 2018 2:52 AM

Feb 2018
Pretty much what I've voted 4 or below.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/28825/Himouto_Umaru-chan

Annoying main character who is constantly crying for stuff and has no positive traits whatsoever.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/8675/Seitokai_Yakuindomo

Forced and bad jokes with a typical boring ass ecchi protagonist.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/28623/Koutetsujou_no_Kabaneri

Attack on Titan copy plus every character except Mumei is a complete idiot. The enemies are also boring and there are lot of plotholes in the story.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/30307/Monster_Musume_no_Iru_Nichijou

Probably the worst anime I've ever seen which I should thanks to my friend who recommended it. The jokes are bad, the characters are bad and outright annoying. There is no story or anything to keep me interested.
Sep 4, 2018 5:49 AM
Jul 2018
brothers conflict
its too plain and it doesn't really make sense in my opinion
Sep 4, 2018 6:10 AM

Dec 2017
Nero_Angelo said:
My Hero Academia its the only anime give a 1/10 i give a 0 if i could

Couldn't agree more. Dunno why everyone lost their shit over a new season.
Sep 4, 2018 6:24 AM
Aug 2018
I don't know which anime would be "the worst", but I hated the latter half of Nana so much I didn't finished the show.
Sep 4, 2018 6:51 AM

Nov 2008
Hand Shakers was pretty bad.....but I think I hate Kanokon and Glasshit more.

MarviD said:
How anyone can sit there and still say they love SAO after seeing Alfheim is beyond me.

Most of us like to pretend Alfheim was not a thing that happened. XD We like the other arcs.

Sep 4, 2018 7:00 AM

Dec 2009
I watched an anime before that I hated it so much I didn't put it on myanimelist thinking that just the name of it will tarnish my list. Therefore I can't remember the anime itself. But I still remember the hate.
axkxlSep 4, 2018 7:13 AM
Sep 4, 2018 7:12 AM
Jul 2018
I have seen far too many shit back then. Like some really pathetic Yaois / BL ... and also Mars of Destruction and School Days, Elfen Lied, Gantz and Mahou Shoujo Site.
But is also beyond me why Sword Art Online is still hated. It's the definition of an average anime to me or I just couldn't care about anyone of the characters, but there are so many of them.
My personal winner of my worst anime-award btw are two Pokemon moviesm The Hoopa movie and the new Mewtwo movie.
Sep 4, 2018 7:48 AM

Mar 2013
I could list the worst, but it depends on the definition. I tend to just list my most hated, because despite however lackluster the animation is, or derivative the plot, stories that genuinely have me seething with anger are astonishingly rare.

To which, I could honestly put The Irregular At Magic High School, for being boring to look at, to listen and watch, while deeply angering me with how hamfisted the author's ideals are inserted on "equality". Honestly...at least avoid portraying your opponent's ideas as something they are not.

It's teenage fanfiction fluff.
Sep 4, 2018 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
jarring said:

lmao that was pretty fucking shit wasn't it.
I couldn't finish it and that says a lot cuz i watch a lot of shit.

i think it's hilarious there are a lot of people that loved that anime.

came here to post this

also glasslip
SWFC

We're all Wednesday arent we?
Sep 4, 2018 9:53 AM
Nov 2017
Ajin beacause of its animation, Infinite stratos beacause the mc is stupid as hell and the prison school OVA wich just wasnt funny or intresting
Sep 4, 2018 10:10 AM

Jun 2015
Kak1 said:
ecchiharemgeek said:
Attack on Titan/my hero academia/one punch line

Bland chacters
Boring story
Subpar animation

LOL so lemme break this down reALLY QUICK. You're hysterically wrong and your argument is fallacious.
I'd say its fair to attack the story and characters of these anime but you clearly don't have enough brain power to even do so BUT something I can point out is the utter hypocrisy of the last point. The animation is all tremendous on all of these anime but I don't even have to argue that.
My sole point is:
Attack on Titan has great animation and direction. Even you think so too because the director of every episode ALSO directed Highschool of the Dead WHICH YOUR DUMBASS GAVE A 10.

Go fetch yourself some rectum ointment. Christ almighty...
Sep 4, 2018 10:19 AM

Jun 2015
Levi_Ackerman_10 said:
Neo Genesis evangelion and blast no tempest

oh god, save us for this bad hater...

Sep 4, 2018 10:34 AM

Jan 2016
sorry to say but this one, don't ask just play the game perhaps you will know why.. https://myanimelist.net/anime/16512/Devil_Survivor_2_The_Animation

Sep 4, 2018 10:58 AM

Jun 2016
Jikishi said:
Levi_Ackerman_10 said:
Neo Genesis evangelion and blast no tempest

Don t get offended when someone think differently from how you see things. Move on and get on with your life^^ Don t drag this rubbish any further this my opinion don t like then don t comment.

Sep 4, 2018 11:41 AM

Feb 2015
Alexander Senki
Hoshi no Koe

Both really hurt my eyes
Sep 4, 2018 11:56 AM

May 2017
Terrible shows are very subjective... for the most part.
One of my lowest rated anime is Sankarea, and only because I'm not a fan of ecchi and it wasn't at all what I expected.
And other shows that I think are <b>objectively</b> bad are Hand Shakers and SAO. Though one could make an argument that Hand Shakers is much much worse, and to me SAO is purely a representation of other cliche and awful anime out there. I honestly don't think it's much worse than what OP said of Isekai no Smartphone.

But Hand Shakers is really really bad and I don't believe anyone can ever truly argue that it's good lol
Sep 4, 2018 12:11 PM

May 2015
Glasslip/School Days/Tokyo Ghoul Root A and Bikini Warriors come to mind.
Sep 4, 2018 1:04 PM

Oct 2012
PUPA ☜(◉ɷ◉ )

absolute garbage
I hate the way the girl feeds...like some sewage rat nibbling on waste
the sounds in general in this trash makes me want to murder something (༎ຶꈊ༎ຶ╬)
Sep 4, 2018 1:10 PM
Dec 2016
Don't have one... Yet, I may get one soon when I watch more anime, but in the meantime, every anime I've seen is decent
Sep 4, 2018 4:53 PM
Sep 2017
Paranoia agent was the worst that and isekai smartphone just awfull
Sep 4, 2018 5:57 PM

Jun 2015
Levi_Ackerman_10 said:
Jikishi said:

Don t get offended when someone think differently from how you see things. Move on and get on with your life^^ Don t drag this rubbish any further this my opinion don t like then don t comment.

I didn't get offended but the hate is real men
Don't tell to get a life please, that's so offensive (lol)

Sep 5, 2018 4:31 PM
Jul 2018
earnshaw30 said:
jarring said:

lmao that was pretty fucking shit wasn't it.
I couldn't finish it and that says a lot cuz i watch a lot of shit.

i think it's hilarious there are a lot of people that loved that anime.

came here to post this

also glasslip

lol. just randomly bumped into this guy in a facebook anime group.
so sad.
Sep 5, 2018 4:43 PM
Aug 2016
AltoRoark said:
Kak1 said:

LOL so lemme break this down reALLY QUICK. You're hysterically wrong and your argument is fallacious.
I'd say its fair to attack the story and characters of these anime but you clearly don't have enough brain power to even do so BUT something I can point out is the utter hypocrisy of the last point. The animation is all tremendous on all of these anime but I don't even have to argue that.
My sole point is:
Attack on Titan has great animation and direction. Even you think so too because the director of every episode ALSO directed Highschool of the Dead WHICH YOUR DUMBASS GAVE A 10.

Go fetch yourself some rectum ointment. Christ almighty...

Go fetch yourself some critical thinking skills
Sep 5, 2018 11:44 PM
Sep 2016
Katekyo Hitman Reborn
Because why... just why
Sep 5, 2018 11:58 PM
Aug 2017
Yosuga no sora, school days , AOT and SAO
Sep 5, 2018 11:59 PM

Aug 2018
Erpi said:
Katekyo Hitman Reborn
Because why... just why

how is it bad? im currently watching it im mostly fine with the fillers and tropes
-Just roki roll!!!
https://myanimelist.net/profile/Wimp3452
If you click on that you will die
Sep 6, 2018 12:21 AM

Dec 2016
Kuroko-chan said:
I said it before on similar threads, and I'll say it again here. RedLINE. Literally almost 2 hours of nonsense and ugly design and ugly characters with a boring plot. Worst anime I've ever seen. I rate it with a 1, but even that rate was too high for it. A waste of time watching it. It was painful to watch. That garbage should not exist.

Well I don't think it's the worst anime I've ever seen but I agree with you, those were 2 hours wasted. I don't even remember what the movie was about, just car races, cars crashing, and what else? It had amazing animation, yes, but it's useless when the movie is totally uninteresting and headache-inducer...

Seiya said:
Maison Ikkoku and Urusei Yatsura are tied for "Worst Anime" I've ever seen.

They both suffer from the same problem. They're not funny at all, and they have the most annoying, unlikeable characters I have ever seen.

Glad you didn't include Ranma in this list...considering you also gave it a 2 and dropped it xD or you hold more less the same opinion towards it?
Sep 6, 2018 12:26 AM
Jul 2018
Arkab said:
Kuroko-chan said:
I said it before on similar threads, and I'll say it again here. RedLINE. Literally almost 2 hours of nonsense and ugly design and ugly characters with a boring plot. Worst anime I've ever seen. I rate it with a 1, but even that rate was too high for it. A waste of time watching it. It was painful to watch. That garbage should not exist.

Well I don't think it's the worst anime I've ever seen but I agree with you, those were 2 hours wasted. I don't even remember what the movie was about, just car races, cars crashing, and what else? It had amazing animation, yes, but it's useless when the movie is totally uninteresting and headache-inducer...

Seiya said:
Maison Ikkoku and Urusei Yatsura are tied for "Worst Anime" I've ever seen.

They both suffer from the same problem. They're not funny at all, and they have the most annoying, unlikeable characters I have ever seen.

Glad you didn't include Ranma in this list...considering you also gave it a 2 and dropped it xD or you hold more less the same opinion towards it?

WTF? I didn't see this shitbag in this thread. Maison Ikkoku is not only one of my all-time favorites, but so is Ranma.

Oh my god. Favorite anime is filled with Magical Girl like Precure and Space Opera.

I think I understand now... kinda feel bad for imagining what this guy looks like irl.

Also loved Redline... I didn't watch it for the story. I watched it for the wicked animation. Anyone who watches it for anything else is well.. dumb.
removed-userSep 6, 2018 12:31 AM
Sep 6, 2018 3:25 AM

Jan 2016
I can't choose Shitcom, Nami, or Utsu Musume Sayuri as the best anime ever.
Sep 6, 2018 6:55 AM

Jun 2014
jarring said:
Arkab said:

WTF? I didn't see this shitbag in this thread. Maison Ikkoku is not only one of my all-time favorites, but so is Ranma.

Oh my god. Favorite anime is filled with Magical Girl like Precure and Space Opera.

I think I understand now... kinda feel bad for imagining what this guy looks like irl.

What'd you just call me? If you don't agree with what I like and dislike, that's fine, but calling me a "shitbag" is simply uncalled for.

Sep 6, 2018 7:37 AM
Jul 2018
Seiya said:
jarring said:

What'd you just call me? If you don't agree with what I like and dislike, that's fine, but calling me a "shitbag" is simply uncalled for.

Don't take it personally. It's not like I know you or something. Also, I have a fucking mouth if you haven't noticed.

So, me calling you a shitbag is like a lovetap. It means nothing.
Are you American? Doesn't seem like the case. So excuse me if I offended your pure soul. Practically every millennial in America has a mouth on them, especially the ones closer to the previous generation like myself.

Calling you a shitbag for rating my favorite anime a 1 is basic common courtesy for me to even acknowledge your presence honestly.

At least I'm not some fake wannabe of some pretentious, meaningless ideal.
Sep 6, 2018 7:42 AM

Jun 2014
jarring said:
Seiya said:

Don't take it personally. It's not like I know you or something. Also, I have a fucking mouth if you haven't noticed.

Are you American? Doesn't seem like the case. So excuse me if I offended your pure soul. Practically every millennial in America has a mouth on them, especially the ones closer to the previous generation like myself.

Calling you a shitbag for rating my favorite anime a 1 is basic common courtesy for me to even acknowledge your presence honestly.

I'm from Canada, and I'm only 2 years younger than you, but if someone came up to me right now, and called me a "shitbag" in real life, they'd get a poke in the mouth. :P

I don't consider myself a "millennial." I'd like to think that millennials are kids born in the 90s or later. When I was in high school, nobody had cell phones yet, at least not in my area.

Sep 6, 2018 7:55 AM
Jul 2018
Seiya said:
jarring said:

I'm from Canada, and I'm only 2 years younger than you, but if someone came up to me right now, and called me a "shitbag" in real life, they'd get a poke in the mouth. :P

I don't consider myself a "millennial." I'd like to think that millennials are kids born in the 90s or later. When I was in high school, nobody had cell phones yet, at least not in my area.

I did see that in your profile, and i've heard that canadians are very polite. I've heard lots of jokes about how they apologize for the smallest of things.
Also, wtf, poke in the mouth?
If you were ever to hear me say it in real life, you should be able to tell from my tone that I AM disgusted by that, but it was STILL banter nonetheless.
You have banter in Canada right?
Either way, that's how I figured you didn't live in America. Otherwise, you would have recognized it as banter, and either shrugged it off or returned a burn.
The age thing just further proved it. I saw you were 2 years younger than me. Since you were so close to my age, it was hard to believe someone in America would respond that way to something like that lol.

Also anyone who was born in the 80s through to early 2000s is a millennial. I didn't associate with them either for a long time because I was born in the 80s... My family didn't have a computer in the house till I was around 12 which was when I started using this pseudonym "Jarring" to socialize online lol.
I had a cellphone in highschool..but not middleschool. Shit people still used beepers when I was in middleschool. idk why you didn't have a cellphone in highschool considering you're younger than me. Ofc they were garbage phones and it was considered classy to have a fuckin flip phone
Sep 6, 2018 8:01 AM

Jun 2014
jarring said:
Seiya said:

I did see that in your profile, and i've heard that canadians are very polite. I've heard lots of jokes about how they apologize for the smallest of things.
If you were ever to hear me say it in real life, you should be able to tell from my tone that I AM disgusted by that, but it was STILL banter nonetheless.
Either way, that's how I figured you didn't live in America. Otherwise, you would have recognized it as banter, and either shrugged it off or returned a burn.
The age thing just further proved it. I saw you were 2 years younger than me. Since you were so close to my age, it was hard to believe someone in America would respond that way to something like that lol.

Also anyone who was born in the 80s through to early 2000s is a millennial. I didn't associate with them either for a long time because I was born in the 80s... My family didn't have a computer in the house till I was around 12 which was when I started using this pseudonym "Jarring" to socialize online lol.
I had a cellphone in highschool..but not middleschool. Shit people still used beepers when I was in middleschool. idk why you didn't have a cellphone in highschool considering you're younger than me. Ofc they were garbage phones and it was considered classy to have a fuckin flip phone

The term for our generation used to be "Generation Y(1980-1994)", and I still use that term.

The term "millennials" was coined by a couple of baby boomers, so I can't take that term seriously, and I never will. The term "Poke in the mouth," means a punch in the face, but maybe that's a local word that doesn't exist anywhere else.

I wouldn't say that Canadians are polite. We generally act polite while in public, then we go home, and say mean things about the people we see to our family at the supper table. :p

I'm 30, but I still don't own a cell phone, and I never will, because I hate them, and I hate how society depends on them. Walking through a park, and seeing people sitting down on benches, staring at their cell phone screens makes me depressed.

Sep 6, 2018 8:12 AM
Jul 2018
Seiya said:
jarring said:

The term for our generation used to be "Generation Y(1980-1994)", and I still use that term.

The term "millennials" was coined by a couple of baby boomers, so I can't take that term seriously, and I never will. The term "Poke in the mouth," means a punch in the face, but maybe that's a local word that doesn't exist anywhere else.

I wouldn't say that Canadians are polite. We generally act polite while in public, then we go home, and say mean things about the people we see to our family at the supper table. :p

I'm 30, but I still don't own a cell phone, and I never will, because I hate them, and I hate how society depends on them. Walking through a park, and seeing people sitting down on benches, staring at their cell phone screens makes me depressed.

You wouldn't punch me in the face. I have a good reason for calling you a shitbag and you know it. One of my all-time favorite anime is "the worst anime you've ever seen". You might as well have been the one to call me a shitbag first. I'm sure you can understand. You can't be THAT dense. You argue at the dinner table, right? Do Canadians really just not banter in public, ever? I have a hard time believing that considering how popular hockey is.

I don't really care what my generation is called. My parents are baby-boomers. I have 2 half-sisters that aren't related to each other that are Gen-X. I grew up in the 90s and early 2000s and the technological age defined my life, just like every other millennial. The older ones who were my age just had a front row seat.
Sep 6, 2018 8:37 AM

Jun 2014
jarring said:
Seiya said:

You wouldn't punch me in the face. I have a good reason for calling you a shitbag and you know it. One of my all-time favorite anime is "the worst anime you've ever seen". You might as well have been the one to call me a shitbag first. I'm sure you can understand. You can't be THAT dense. You argue at the dinner table, right? Do Canadians really just not banter in public, ever? I have a hard time believing that considering how popular hockey is.

I don't really care what my generation is called. My parents are baby-boomers. I have 2 half-sisters that aren't related to each other that are Gen-X. I grew up in the 90s and early 2000s and the technological age defined my life, just like every other millennial. The older ones who were my age just had a front row seat.

I never had a computer in the 90s. I went outside, unlike most people today. I had an NES, followed by a Genesis and an SNES, but I didn't live on them the way people live on computers now. The best times of my life happened before the millennium, so I don't consider myself a millennial, sorry.

Maison Ikkoku is crap, and if you think that's so wrong, I want you to give me reasons why. What do you think makes it so good?

Sep 6, 2018 9:24 AM
Jul 2018
Seiya said:
jarring said:

I never had a computer in the 90s. I went outside, unlike most people today. I had an NES, followed by a Genesis and an SNES, but I didn't live on them the way people live on computers now. The best times of my life happened before the millennium, so I don't consider myself a millennial, sorry.

Maison Ikkoku is crap, and if you think that's so wrong, I want you to give me reasons why. What do you think makes it so good?

best times of my life happened before the millennium too. I went outside as well. a LOT.. even having all the gaming systems in the world. I didn't start becoming a recluse until I got a computer and started using dial-up in the late 90s...which probably had something to do with me being slightly older than you. One of my sisters had her own computer in the mid 90s at least but she had moved out long ago. Having these things around really turns you into a hermit if you let it.

And before I start talking about it, which i probably won't anyways, tell me how much of it you actually watched. Because I think anyone who would complete something of their own free will like that and rate it below a 5 HONESTLY is actually insane unless they are getting paid to do it.
Sep 6, 2018 9:38 AM
Jul 2018

Chaet said:
Perfect Blue because it was disturbing and confusing as hell for me

It was meant to be confusing and surreal, that's the beauty of it. But I agree it's not for everyone.
Sep 6, 2018 9:42 AM

Aug 2018
Danganronpa: The animation

I'm a big fan of the Danganronpa series but the anime adaptation was just horrible. If you haven't played any danganronpa game do not watch it! Just no.
Sep 6, 2018 9:50 AM

Nov 2012
ecchiharemgeek said:
Attack on Titan

Subpar animation

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Sep 6, 2018 9:51 AM

Apr 2018
Drumatix said:

Chaet said:

It was meant to be confusing and surreal, that's the beauty of it. But I agree it's not for everyone.
it was done badly imo
It would have been way better as a 10 ep anime
Sep 6, 2018 9:54 AM

Aug 2016
Pupa was the worst thing I watched, but at least it had the decency to only waste 30 minutes of my time.
School days is awful but it's definitely not as bad as pupa, but it had the audacity of being a regular length anime and that's a lot less forgivable.
Sep 6, 2018 9:55 AM
Jul 2018
Drumatix said:

Chaet said:

i watched that shit when it was new at like.. 14 years old. I don't think it was meant to be confusing, but it was definitely surreal. The "confusing" part was more like a plot twist they probably just didn't get. iirc i don't think i understood it the first time i watched it through either. Although it's a great movie, I also think it's highly overrated here...probably because there haven't really been many if any at all that really hit the nail on the head like Perfect Blue when it comes to the psychological aspect of anime within the genre. It was far from my favorite anime when I watched it. even though I highly respected it, it just wasn't what i was looking for in an anime. When someone asks me to name a good anime, I don't think...oh hey, Perfect Blue! ... nah. It's really hard to even call that anime. It's more like an adult-themed psychological thriller that just happened to be animated
Sep 6, 2018 10:23 AM

Jun 2014
jarring said:
Seiya said:

best times of my life happened before the millennium too. I went outside as well. a LOT.. even having all the gaming systems in the world. I didn't start becoming a recluse until I got a computer and started using dial-up in the late 90s...which probably had something to do with me being slightly older than you. One of my sisters had her own computer in the mid 90s at least but she had moved out long ago. Having these things around really turns you into a hermit if you let it.

And before I start talking about it, which i probably won't anyways, tell me how much of it you actually watched. Because I think anyone who would complete something of their own free will like that and rate it below a 5 HONESTLY is actually insane unless they are getting paid to do it.

I dropped Maison Ikkoku after forcing myself through 20 episodes of it. I wanted to drop it before that, but all my friends kept trying to tell me how great they thought it was, but apparently, they have different opinions than me.

Maison Ikkoku has by far, the most annoying characters I've ever seen, along with "Urusei Yatsura," which is another Anime that I hate just as much. The characters in Maison Ikkoku were drunk in nearly every episode, and I found this offensive. Also, I hate submissive housewife types, so I even hated Kyoko.

Sep 6, 2018 2:20 PM

Aug 2018
School Days is the obvious pick but citrus was pretty painful and made no sense at all
Sep 6, 2018 4:43 PM
Sep 2016
Wimp3452 said:
Erpi said:
Katekyo Hitman Reborn
Because why... just why

how is it bad? im currently watching it im mostly fine with the fillers and tropes

Personally I find that the vast majority of anime's are kind've terrible. I can see how Katekyo Hitman Reborn could be to someone's taste but... It really doesn't appeal to me. It makes me wonder how the writers even came up with the ridiculous ideas n it... The humor also isn't funny whatsoever. It's a kid's show, basically.
Sep 6, 2018 4:51 PM
Jul 2018
Seiya said:
jarring said:

I dropped Maison Ikkoku after forcing myself through 20 episodes of it. I wanted to drop it before that, but all my friends kept trying to tell me how great they thought it was, but apparently, they have different opinions than me.

Maison Ikkoku has by far, the most annoying characters I've ever seen, along with "Urusei Yatsura," which is another Anime that I hate just as much. The characters in Maison Ikkoku were drunk in nearly every episode, and I found this offensive. Also, I hate submissive housewife types, so I even hated Kyoko.

She isn't really submissive at all. In fact she's incredibly independent...I mean she is the manager of the building...and a boss. She doesn't play any fucking games.
Whatever made you think she was submissive? what kind of bullshit analysis of a character gave you that idea?

The side characters did get drunk a lot, it played a big role in the humor and plot development for the MC.. the MC got drunk a total of ONE time during the entire show IIRC and it was absolutely HILARIOUS when he did. and actually one of the most realistic examples of "drunk and in love" comedy i've ever seen. Also the way Kyoko handles it after is spot on perfect. She really took offense to it, as any self-respecting woman should.

bruh the anime is 96 fucking episodes and you got the impression she's submissive? if she was submissive, the anime wouldn't be 96 episodes long. It would be short af just like every other anime romcom in existence.

It sounds like you just don't like Rumiko Takahashi in general. Actually, it's really hard to believe. It sounds more like you're trying to find a reason to dislike it on purpose. She is one of, if not THE MOST successful female manga artist of all time.

and you give what most consider her best work a 1.

but in all honesty, it's probably because you were forced to watch it, instead of watching it because you actually wanted to. A lot of times, when people do this, it ruins it for them, and they WILL give bad scores because of both your preconceptions. The side-characters aren't really important at the beginning. They are just there to cause problems for the MC. Actually, they were intended to be annoying. That's the whole point. But then Kyoko comes along and he takes the abuse just for her. Eventually the side-characters become quite lovable, but yeah at first they aren't really important parts of the show, and it's sad that was the main reason you couldn't like it.

The two main characters are not only deep but extremely realistic and well-written. They aren't just one or two-dimensional characters. they are practically believable people. Even the competition that comes in later, was GREAT to have in the show. I absolutely LOVED the tennis coach. I also loved Godai's side-girl, every last detail of the story, every little thing that went into its creation and resolution was perfectly executed, and it's a shame for ANYONE to miss out on such a great anime if they like the romance genre AT ALL.
Many consider it to be the best romance anime of all time. It's not just me and whatever friends that recommended it, but actual paid critics alike.

From what you've said here, it sounds like you just had a bad experience because someone forced you into watching an anime you didn't feel like watching at the time, and you criticized it poorly for poor reasons due to having such a resentment.

Anyone who would start watching this anime because THEY wanted to, would totally see the point in the annoying side characters(they aren't like that for the entire anime and they actually have quite a bit of depth to them that gets explored but it isn't the main focus) . That's only a small part of the show.

Also the only other thing you said is about it is just flat out wrong. Kyoko is anything but submissive and it's an obvious truth throughout the series when Godai's competition gets involved.
Sep 6, 2018 5:02 PM

Jun 2014
jarring said:
Seiya said:

She isn't really submissive at all. In fact she's incredibly independent...I mean she is the manager of the building...and a boss. She doesn't play any fucking games.
Whatever made you think she was submissive? what kind of bullshit analysis of a character gave you that idea?

The side characters did get drunk a lot, it played a big role in the humor and plot development for the MC.. the MC got drunk a total of ONE time during the entire show IIRC and it was absolutely HILARIOUS when he did. and actually one of the most realistic examples of "drunk and in love" comedy i've ever seen. Also the way Kyoko handles it after is spot on perfect. She really took offense to it, as any self-respecting woman should.

bruh the anime is 96 fucking episodes and you got the impression she's submissive? if she was submissive, the anime wouldn't be 96 episodes long. It would be short af just like every other anime romcom in existence.

It sounds like you just don't like Rumiko Takahashi in general. Actually, it's really hard to believe. It sounds more like you're trying to find a reason to dislike it on purpose. She is one of, if not THE MOST successful female manga artist of all time.

and you give what most consider her best work a 1.

but in all honesty, it's probably because you were forced to watch it, instead of watching it because you actually wanted to. A lot of times, when people do this, it ruins it for them, and they WILL give bad scores because of both your preconceptions. The side-characters aren't really important at the beginning. They are just there to cause problems for the MC. Actually, they were intended to be annoying. That's the whole point. But then Kyoko comes along and he takes the abuse just for her. Eventually the side-characters become quite lovable, but yeah at first they aren't really important parts of the show, and it's sad that was the main reason you couldn't like it.

The two main characters are not only deep but extremely realistic and well-written. They aren't just one or two-dimensional characters. they are practically believable people. Even the competition that comes in later, was GREAT to have in the show. I absolutely LOVED the tennis coach. I also loved Godai's side-girl, every last detail of the story, every little thing that went into its creation and resolution was perfectly executed, and it's a shame for ANYONE to miss out on such a great anime if they like the romance genre AT ALL.
Many consider it to be the best romance anime of all time. It's not just me and whatever friends that recommended it, but actual paid critics alike.

From what you've said here, it sounds like you just had a bad experience because someone forced you into watching an anime you didn't feel like watching at the time, and you criticized it poorly for poor reasons due to having such a resentment.

Anyone who would start watching this anime because THEY wanted to, would totally see the point in the annoying side characters(they aren't like that for the entire anime and they actually have quite a bit of depth to them that gets explored but it isn't the main focus) . That's only a small part of the show.

Also the only other thing you said is about it is just flat out wrong. Kyoko is anything but submissive and it's an obvious truth throughout the series when Godai's competition gets involved.

I legitimately hate Rumiko Takahashi's works. Besides Maison Ikkoku and Urusei Yatsura, I also hated the very little of Ranma 1/2 that I saw. I find nothing funny about her comedies at all. Just because most like her works means nothing to me. I hate "Star Wars" too.

When it comes to romantic comedy, I prefer something that's actually funny and good, like "Tokimeki Tonight."

Pages (12) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What is your most re-watched anime? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

50 by deg »»
2 minutes ago

» thoughts on Chinese anime? ( 1 2 3 4 )

ryo-san - Mar 6, 2022

180 by ColourWheel »»
2 minutes ago

» angry sub only users

Yorda_trico - 7 hours ago

43 by rsc-pl »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you think you could fall in love with a fairy?

Shizuna - Yesterday

39 by deg »»
4 minutes ago

» Anime that low-testosterone males can't comprehend ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

51 by deg »»
7 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.