Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 7, 2018 6:42 PM

Jan 2016
Mickdrew said:

Gankutsuou (which I hold to be one of the most underrated masterpieces in anime) has fallen rapidly - and it aired in 2004.
It went from 8.33 to 8.29 suddenly a couple of years ago. I even noted it in this post:
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=768471#msg45699015

And since then it has fallen even more from 8.29 to 8.21

Changes like this are normal. And yeah, we might think it's stupid or undeserved, but in the end these are just numbers on a website. What the show means to you is what really matters, not what some asshole on YouTube thinks.

It's been a while since I watched Shinsekai Yori, but I remember it being a very somber, mature, and thoughtful series that left an impression on me. I'll always hold it to be a good show no matter what anyone else thinks because that's my opinion.

My impression had been that older shows scores don't tend to fluctuate as much, especially not in a short span of time without some external stimulus, but I can't say I've chronicled what the scores of older shows do over stretches of time so that's purely what I feel I've observed, and you have a very compelling counter example to my assumption/limited observations.

As for what you're saying about what it means to you mattering more than what some asshole on Youtube thinks, you are 100% correct. The only reason I care about the numbers isl mere curiosity to see what will happen after the video in the same vein as that Youtube video that mentioned SAOs score before and after Digibro tore it to shreds. Score has basically jack shit to do with what I think of a show, it's more something interesting to observe and a quick reference for the general consensus on a show, it has nothing to do with how I personally view it.
You have shit taste, and then I have taste so shit it makes your taste look good
Sep 9, 2018 3:54 AM
Sep 2016
It has helped the people who feel like SSY is overrated trash get courage to say how they honestly feel though.
1.1.Six
Jan 18, 2019 4:11 AM

Jan 2019
pur_R0W5t said:
"Some random guy"? This is the guy who more or less started the SAO hate. And he said this show is worse than SAO

So yeah, I'd say it's not impossible...

He says every show is worse than SAO, he even said Shinsekai Yori is worse than SAO, his opinions are unfounded. SAO is better than Ero-manga sensei, which he says is great...
Anzu-chuJan 20, 2019 12:36 PM
Feb 25, 2019 12:37 PM
Mar 2018
AurumGG said:
Please stop saying Digi missed the point. Everyone walks away from art with a different experience and opinion. His reasons for disliking the show a perfectly valid, but you don't have to agree with him. The point of the video is not to prove that SSY is inherently bad, it's to explain why he thought it was bad and maybe to persuade some other people to change their opinions on it.

I thought SSY was an alright show, and after watching Digi's video, I still think it's an alright show.

i agree with your points however there's a difference between having a different experience and opinion and not understanding the show and making false statements about the anime that make it look like he didnt even watch it and had an agenda. to those who said he didnt have an influence it went from 8.51 to 8.45 within that time span.
Feb 25, 2019 1:25 PM
Jul 2018
jtdlobb said:
AurumGG said:
Please stop saying Digi missed the point. Everyone walks away from art with a different experience and opinion. His reasons for disliking the show a perfectly valid, but you don't have to agree with him. The point of the video is not to prove that SSY is inherently bad, it's to explain why he thought it was bad and maybe to persuade some other people to change their opinions on it.

I thought SSY was an alright show, and after watching Digi's video, I still think it's an alright show.

i agree with your points however there's a difference between having a different experience and opinion and not understanding the show and making false statements about the anime that make it look like he didnt even watch it and had an agenda. to those who said he didnt have an influence it went from 8.51 to 8.45 within that time span.
I decided to watch the show when I first saw his video that claimed it was worse than SAO(a show he stated to be one of the worst he ever completed). I Imagined most of his fans who hadn't already watched the show decided to give it a chance after seeing that as well. Did the ratings go down because of him? Yes, yes, it did, though I think that has more to do with exposure, his video has more dislikes than likes, he got a lot factually wrong in it as pointed out by people who both liked and disliked the show.
removed-userFeb 25, 2019 1:30 PM
Mar 3, 2019 6:29 PM
Feb 2016
I don't watch his videos, but I dropped at episode two and give 4/10. The animation are good, but this anime are boring as hell. I've tried to watch it three times (and on this last try, I found this thread).
Mar 8, 2019 12:45 PM
Apr 2017
This show is good, but not many can tolerate it. It has annoying moments/episodes, with a slow/boring start, and in the end it isn't that memorable. I watched this 5y ago and almost completely forgot about it so I had to rewatch. Rewatched after discovering Yakusoku Neverland. Maybe having somewhat famous YT reviewers say it's bad is a good thing, in attempt to make it more memorable.
Mar 11, 2019 11:18 AM

May 2013
it was a 10 when it came out and still holds up for me, i remember people being deeply offended by some of the yuri content, i guess some prejudices never change also what is a digibro? an anime youtuber?
Mar 11, 2019 12:09 PM
Jul 2018
bhaktivinoda said:
it was a 10 when it came out and still holds up for me, i remember people being deeply offended by some of the yuri content, i guess some prejudices never change also what is a digibro? an anime youtuber?
Yep, here's the video:

Shin Sekai Yori Is Worse Than Sword Art Online
Mar 26, 2019 5:19 PM

Sep 2014
Digibro is even at the bottom of the dregs of anime society. Change my mind.

Shinsekai yori is a masterpiece and highly underrated. The only bad part was the slow start, which is also why I gave it just a 9. But rewatching it even the start holds so much value, its great.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Mar 26, 2019 6:09 PM
Jul 2018
Comander-07 said:

Shinsekai yori is a masterpiece and highly underrated. The only bad part was the slow start, which is also why I gave it just a 9. But rewatching it even the start holds so much value, its great.
I would love to change your mind on that, why do you think Digibro is at the bottom of the dregs of the anime society?
Mar 27, 2019 6:51 AM

Sep 2014
Peaceful_Critic said:
Comander-07 said:

I would love to change your mind on that, why do you think Digibro is at the bottom of the dregs of the anime society?
Shit taste, pretentious fake elitist, "oh look Im totally just a normal anime fan like you", ANN fan. Waste of cyberspace
Mar 27, 2019 12:18 PM
Jul 2018
Comander-07 said:
Peaceful_Critic said:
Shit taste, pretentious fake elitist, "oh look Im totally just a normal anime fan like you", ANN fan. Waste of cyberspace
3/4 of those things seem to be subjective or not even real reasons to dislike someone(i.e. being a fan or disliking things you personally like). As for the fake elitist thing, I don't think that really exists to be pretentious, that "Jojo best character design" rant was a drunk joke.
Mar 28, 2019 4:46 PM

Sep 2014
Peaceful_Critic said:
Comander-07 said:
3/4 of those things seem to be subjective or not even real reasons to dislike someone(i.e. being a fan or disliking things you personally like). As for the fake elitist thing, I don't think that really exists to be pretentious, that "Jojo best character design" rant was a drunk joke.
what are you even talking about?

Having shit taste is a pretty solid reason to get disliked. And this isnt about being popular or likeable, its about being the worst of the anime community.
Mar 28, 2019 5:09 PM
Jul 2018
Comander-07 said:
Peaceful_Critic said:

Having shit taste is a pretty solid reason to get disliked. And this isnt about being popular or likeable, its about being the worst of the anime community.
How is having a subjectively bad taste a solid reason to name someone as the worst?
Mar 30, 2019 3:33 PM

Sep 2014
Peaceful_Critic said:
Comander-07 said:

How is having a subjectively bad taste a solid reason to name someone as the worst?
plus the other stuff you conveniently did not mention

didnt you intend to change my mind? Because you are doing a terrible job there
Mar 30, 2019 3:42 PM
Jul 2018
Comander-07 said:
Peaceful_Critic said:

You had both ANN fan and bad taste in the same place(as reasons). I did, but I fundamentally disagree with you, so I can't. I was ready to discuss his content, not if having bad taste is a good reason to hate someone. I didn't mention the other stuff because the "I'm totally a normal fan" bit was another fundamental disagreement. BTW, I did question you about the: "pretentious fake elitist" thing, but you didn't really answer.
removed-userMar 30, 2019 3:47 PM
Mar 30, 2019 6:35 PM

Sep 2014
Peaceful_Critic said:
Comander-07 said:

You had both ANN fan and bad taste in the same place(as reasons). I did, but I fundamentally disagree with you, so I can't. I was ready to discuss his content, not if having bad taste is a good reason to hate someone. I didn't mention the other stuff because the "I'm totally a normal fan" bit was another fundamental disagreement. BTW, I did question you about the: "pretentious fake elitist" thing, but you didn't really answer.
We cant argue about his content because that would require me to waste my time watching his recent content
Mar 30, 2019 7:31 PM

Oct 2014
Comander-07 said:
Peaceful_Critic said:

Judging from all your reasons and responses, you clearly have no desire of wanting to be persuaded. You don't show even a hint of possibility. Your mind sounds to be set in a narrow loop about him.

First of all, you can dislike anyone you want. No one cares. Your reasons for disliking Digi though are completely shallow and groundlessly opinionated. It's just pointless.

Shit taste. Everyone's taste is different. There is no right or wrong. With that said, hating on someone for shitting on a show you like is just juvenile. Ignore it and move on. The video isn't a personal attack on people who like the show. He's just giving his opinion. His knowledge and overly critical nature means he usually has a solid sense of what's good or bad. Emphasis on usually because I don't agree with him on everything, but he generally knows what he's talking about. I myself don't like what I've seen of the show, but I will say his video shitting on it wasn't the greatest. It's one of his more flawed analyses for sure.

Pretentious elitist. That is the main misconception people who don't know him think. I don't blame you honestly. Digi indeed comes off pretentious at times, but he doesn't go out of his way to shit on people in a truly condescending or spiteful way. At least he's rarely ever serious about it. When he's being more cynical and sarcastic, most people who don't know him well don't pick up on that. He has said countless times that he doesn't believe his opinions are the end all be all or the only right one. If you can't even understand opposing opinions, then who's to say you deserve yours? If you actually watch more than just one or two of his controversial videos, you'd come to realize that he's actually a rather well-meaning, genuine dude. Whether or not you truly want to find that out is up to you. I'm not gonna bother with the other reasons you listed.
Mar 31, 2019 6:26 AM

Sep 2014
Pyro said:
Comander-07 said:

Judging from all your reasons and responses, you clearly have no desire of wanting to be persuaded. You don't show even a hint of possibility. Your mind sounds to be set in a narrow loop about him.

First of all, you can dislike anyone you want. No one cares. Your reasons for disliking Digi though are completely shallow and groundlessly opinionated. It's just pointless.

Shit taste. Everyone's taste is different. There is no right or wrong. With that said, hating on someone for shitting on a show you like is just juvenile. Ignore it and move on. The video isn't a personal attack on people who like the show. He's just giving his opinion. His knowledge and overly critical nature means he usually has a solid sense of what's good or bad. Emphasis on usually because I don't agree with him on everything, but he generally knows what he's talking about. I myself don't like what I've seen of the show, but I will say his video shitting on it wasn't the greatest. It's one of his more flawed analyses for sure.

Pretentious elitist. That is the main misconception people who don't know him think. I don't blame you honestly. Digi indeed comes off pretentious at times, but he doesn't go out of his way to shit on people in a truly condescending or spiteful way. At least he's rarely ever serious about it. When he's being more cynical and sarcastic, most people who don't know him well don't pick up on that. He has said countless times that he doesn't believe his opinions are the end all be all or the only right one. If you can't even understand opposing opinions, then who's to say you deserve yours? If you actually watch more than just one or two of his controversial videos, you'd come to realize that he's actually a rather well-meaning, genuine dude. Whether or not you truly want to find that out is up to you. I'm not gonna bother with the other reasons you listed.
why would I have a desire to be persuaded to begin with? If I would be so insecure about my opinion, I would not have voiced it at all.

I just dont like him because I dont like him and because of shit like this.

Why dont you just ignore it and move on? You clearly dont want to follow your own advice. I dont even know what kind of video you are talking about, because again, I dont waste my time watching videos of people I dont like just to hate on them. Thats petty. But when a forum post about one of my favourite shows pops up of course I comment.

His knowledge isnt as deep as you think and he has absolutely no sense of whats good and whats not. Didnt you just say there is no good or bad but just different opinions? How can he know whats good or bad then? Again, follow your own advice.

He usually doesnt know what he is talking about at all.

Again the next part is really funny because you dont follow your own advice. Double standards I guess.

I dont care about him or his content so I will not waste my time with that.

The few times I have actually watched one of his videos some long time ago he says stuff like he is just a normal anime fan. Thats the pretentious "Look at me being normal Im totally one of you" part. When you make videos which get very popular you arent a normal fan. You have a responsibility.

The real funny part here is the way you argue is by contradicting yourself and showing your double standards. This just solidifies my opinion of him and even more so of his userbase. Because I would care even less if not for the fact he has a userbase of 12 year olds which is easily influenced. Just look at the SAO thing he started. When this happens you are either dumb because you dont notice it or you are what I said he is because you dont care about consequences.

We can only agree to disagree here.

When you want to change someones mind like that you need to ne prepared and have an ace up your sleeve. Of course Im not here to get influenced by "No u" stuff. Liking or disliking people isnt all that logical. So Im really curious to know what you guys did expect here. I am not the one to defend my opinion, I dont want it to change. I wont waste any energy on it. If you want to change the status quo you have to become active, not just reactive. Some "Well thats your opinion" doesnt change anything. Od course this is hard when you dont know and understand the side you want to influence, but thats really not my problem.
For the time being lets put aside other reasons and just say giving Shinsekai Yori a 1 is objectively wrong if you dont go purely by enjoyment, which is of course subjective. Same goes for SAO. And if I consider he gave Evangelion 3.33 a 3, thats either a joke on the name or even worse. Pretentious, like I said. You either go my enjoyment which is subjective and not logical, or you are not and then you are objectively wrong.
Comander-07Mar 31, 2019 6:42 AM
Dec 31, 2019 8:28 PM

May 2019
Digimon Who? Seriously, i never heard about that person.

And i'm not exactly newbie in anime, after complete hundreds of shows since the 80's. But certainly i'm a "Ok boomer" not that focused in the media around anime, i even discovered mal few time ago (just watch anime itself is not enough?).

This is the weird influence of these youtubers or whatever over the Y generation.

Rate the series just with your personal opinion.
Jan 9, 2020 10:58 AM
Jul 2018
Skeptic said:
Not saying he's not allowed to have an opinion, I highly disagree with him but at the end of the day it's just his opinion. However, do you think this show will start to get treated badly because Digibro said it was bad since Digi definitely has the most influence than any other anime youtuber and has the most influence over alot of people's opinion over anime e.g the reception of SAO and Eromanga sensei

Digibro is trash and does the guy have some problem with A1 Pictures? Lol. He is badmouthing SAO , Asterisk War and both are great anime
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Ugly KV

ScuzzyBear - Jun 8, 2023

9 by charlieman999 »»
Mar 28, 6:10 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2012

702 by Ryls »»
Mar 19, 12:05 PM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2013

1325 by Xeehad »»
Mar 2, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2013

169 by Xeehad »»
Mar 1, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2012

516 by Xeehad »»
Feb 26, 10:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.