Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Hataraku Saibou Episode 9 Discussion

Sep 1, 2018 11:44 PM

This was another unusual episode not featuring monster-of-the-week format and rather more like telling their backstory to feel connected with our characters which was quite enjoyable nevertheless but wasn't educational compare to other episodes XD

Sep 2, 2018 12:01 AM

Hilarious how they made it seem like these cells actually train in bootcamp (thymus) to get sorted into T-Cells.

I've been watching this series as an Anime rather than for searching for accurate information, then again, the bacteria 'bleeds' when Neutrophil and the other WBCs kill them. I know it's for dramatic purposes but it's just fucking hilarious and over-the-top sometimes. Yes, I know they do show tidbits of information every now and then but it leans more toward the artistic or Anime side than it does the informational side.

Anyway with most manga and Anime, I like a good backstory. Killer T Cell may be a Jojo cell now but he was naive and weak just like the noobs he bullies. Love how Macrophage is always helping out train everyone from RBCs to WBCs.
There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards.

Sep 2, 2018 1:20 AM

Great Episode!

Starting off with the intro variant which was hilarious for some reason especially when the Macrophage’s part came, but the best part definitely goes to the backstory. It’s nice to see the duo, or the trio if you consider the Regulatory T Cell, still at it with their own ways. I got to say, though, @Stark700, nailed it with the comparison between trainees in real life compared to that of the Cells. It really gives off the realistic vibes, and that’s pleasing to see!

Looking forward to the next episode although I have no idea what’s to come, thanks particularly to the title.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 2, 2018 1:23 AM
This episode was very shounen, I like it :)

Sep 2, 2018 1:40 AM
Still waiting for the batch :v

Sep 2, 2018 3:44 AM
I was wondering why they used the second half of the opening theme this episode. Well, now I know, and I loved it!

The guy in the green clothes has such a sweet voice. It's so hard to believe he is Isaac Foster.

My heart was not prepared for the platelets. How dare they attack us without warning!

Sep 2, 2018 5:05 AM
Watching this show never fail to put a smile on my face!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Sep 2, 2018 5:06 AM

This episode kinda reminded me of basic military training, it ain't pleasant but you learn a thing or two from it definitely.

Nice to see some backstory to some of the characters we've been seeing around.
I swear I'm not a lolicon.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Opinions are all relevant. I express mine freely and believe everyone should too. Unless you say "<Insert anime here> is the best! Everything else sucks", then GTFO.
My MAL Interview

Sep 2, 2018 5:26 AM

bondtux said:
there is something wrong with the OP song, are you guys doesnt notice it?

Yeap, that is Killer T and Macrophage's part of the OP song (essentially Verse 3 and 4, Chorus 2), since this week features the Killer T cells!

Finally the 2nd part of the OP song is heard, so so glad! And now...the relationship between the T cells...is one of willpower and stance...

Oh so the basic military training as captured from @Stark700, our body T cells going through army...through high hell and rain!
Modified by KANLen09, Sep 2, 2018 5:30 AM

Sep 2, 2018 5:46 AM

I wasn't expecting to hear the second part of the OP song to be played, but since it has Killer T Cell singing it, along with Macrophage, it does make sense for this episode and it was still as amusing to listen as the first part of the song. =)

I found it pretty funny to see how Killer and Helper T Cell were so different when they were younger at the boot camp. Despite his cold-like personality, it was still nice to see Helper T Cell encouraging and helping Killer T Cell to improve his skills throughout the episode.

As for Dendritic cell, he is fabulously creepy and it shows so easily in this episode. Either way, he's an amusing character in his own right as well. =P

I'm still hoping for a Platelet-only episode, but I doubt that's going to happen. D=

Sep 2, 2018 8:05 AM
Bunnies 🍓

I had a feeling that Macrophage was singing the OP, her voice is rather easy to tell, though I had no idea Killer T was also singing it.

Overall, I really enjoyed this episode since we got see the backstory about the T Cells.
The way they changed was pretty interesting. Killer T became very disciplined much like how Helper T Cell was at the begging.
I found it hilarious how Helper T cell was all wiggling as he was telling Killer T that it was his fault he's more laid back now lol

White Blood Cell and Platelet chan:

Sep 2, 2018 9:19 AM

This was good... A nice and welcome break from the previously formulaic episode structure.
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~

Sep 2, 2018 11:23 AM
I prefer episodes that focus on red or white blood cell but it wasn't a bad episode.

Sep 2, 2018 12:22 PM
Forum Moderator
I really enjoyed this episode. Alternative version of OP was nice, though it took me by surprise. It was interesting to see Killer T and Helper T cell's flashback. I think that this series does character development really well, and I could feel their feelings with them.
The green cell sure is quite a troll though, showing those embarrassing youth photos all the time. He is also kinda stalker, but it seems to work to encourage new recruits, so I guess he is doing his job well that way.
And while we only got glimpse of platelets this episode again, they were as cute as ever. I hope we get episode with more platelets soon.

Sep 2, 2018 1:52 PM

The alternatieve OP was suprising for sure, but I really want to wistle along with Red Blood Cell & White Blood Cell.

Iether way; I can feel several people are now writing fanfics of Killer T Cell and Helper T Cell because that's how the internet works.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.

Sep 2, 2018 2:04 PM

Was it just me or did the quality level of the animation in this episode seem substantially lower than the rest of the series thus far?

Lots of static/panning frames, lots of backgrounds with little or no detail, recycled animations (closeup of the drill instructor). This must have been a budget saver episode.

Still enjoyed it though.
Modified by owarida6, Sep 2, 2018 2:38 PM

Sep 2, 2018 2:04 PM

Amazing episode. The characters are filled with a lot of stories and emotions, they guy who wrote this manga did a fantastic job.
When they were kids they were completely the opposite of what they are now xD Dendric cells are the worst xD they are like those girls that everything about everyone haha But they are just doing their job.

And it the end that girl remained with them xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Sep 2, 2018 2:11 PM

That change in the OP was quite the surprise! Good episode and I am really digging these little background stories of characters.

Sep 2, 2018 7:54 PM
Master Expander

"Hey you! Quit that loud bellyaching! Drop out right now!" WTF LOL!

Cute how the macrophages are always smiling...

Helper T helping out Killer T with the special art!

And we have a sunset scene with Helper T and Killer T. Shippers where you at?

Regulatory T being a Regulatory T to regulate Helper T and Killer T.

Yay for Dendritic cells! Hope for more memories and important information to come!

Oooh, Staphylococcus Aureus next episode! Can't miss that!

Sep 2, 2018 8:31 PM

Dendritic cell is a damn troll lmao. Also, the change in OP was a pleasant touch.

Sep 3, 2018 1:54 AM

Oh damn, didn't thought they would use the second part of the opening ! :o
Damn, another superb episode !

Sep 3, 2018 4:06 AM

Solid episode. Nice to see some of the cells have their backstories showcased.

And that felt weird to say.

Sep 3, 2018 4:18 AM
a good teen story of T-cells.
looking forward for
platelets chan.

Sep 3, 2018 8:33 AM

I was waiting for an episodes where we would see more about lymphocytes and this episode totally satisfied me.

Sep 3, 2018 10:06 AM

That dendritic cell is such a stalker

Sep 3, 2018 12:00 PM

The opening was different right? Like the people singing it???
I swear it was different!

Anyways good episode. I sorta like these backstory episodes they’ve been doing
Killer T Cell was cute when he was younger ☺️✨
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Sep 3, 2018 5:49 PM

From what they were showing since the cancer arc I was not expecting for this episode to be so accurate, but well it was like that at the beginning, it still amazes me tho how they can add this kind of story and feelings and still keep the fisiology close to reallity, loved how they explained the positive and negative selection, would have loved to also that they explained how they migrate from the bone marrow to the thymus.

Hope next chapter we get more of eritocite-chan, I like this chapters but with her it would be perfect.
"It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious."
FAL SPRING 2019 Rank 650

Sep 3, 2018 8:50 PM

The changes in the OP were also a nice surprise. Macrophage has such a sweet voice.

Probably my least favorite episode but it's just because I didn't find Killer T really interesting. It was a good ep. tho.

I wasn't expecting him to be so... weak, well, weaker than I inicially thought. But now, I can understand why he's so arrogant and rude... and ashamed of his past xD

P.S.: I would also love the see an episode only focused on the Platelets (again) but since that may not happen, I hope for an ep. focused on Macrophage-san!!

Sep 4, 2018 6:18 AM

The episodes with the T-cells are the least interesting.

The message of the episodes is basically championing hardness, survival of the fittest; maybe correct, but not attractive or compelling at all.
Storylines very basic and uninspiring. Biggest strength of the show, which is the inside-the-body concept, is least evident.
That combined with the rather uninteresting characters and the usual Cells at Work production value(not high).

Liked Sakurai though. He's a god
Modified by Lanz, Sep 4, 2018 6:30 AM

Sep 4, 2018 7:21 AM
yeah!!! T cell training sure is hard one, as they are the last line defenders of the WBC's... hahaha... i like how they have differentiated the different roles of each t cells and the process of selection.

GREAT EPISODE!!

NEXT WEEK is the another bacterial infection- S. aureus!!! yeah!!!

Sep 4, 2018 12:49 PM
Really nice to see T cells's past! Enjoyed so much this episode!

Cant forget about regulatory T cell was just too much pretty !

Sep 5, 2018 4:29 AM
Helper T cell's and killer T cell's reaction to their past times photos is priceless. Cancer cell needs some more screentime, im starting to miss him

Sep 7, 2018 7:34 AM
Amazing episode of T CD8+ and T CD4+, even tho WTC and RTC didn't appear this time (WTC only at the end T_T #sad)

Want another episode of WTC screaming: Where are the bacteria?! xD

Sep 8, 2018 6:59 AM

It’s amazing how different T cell was.

Those embarrassed reactions at the end were hilarious!

Sep 10, 2018 11:49 PM

That backstory was as shounen as it gets, love it XD

Sep 12, 2018 8:24 AM

Worst episode of the series.

Sep 12, 2018 10:19 AM

well that was a good episode.. another episode about events of past… hahahah

Sep 14, 2018 7:41 PM

Can't believe Naruto and Sasuke are alive in another worlds lmao

Sep 15, 2018 11:06 AM

I don't have much to say. I really like this show. But in this particular episode, if Regulation T-cell wasn't there, it all would end exactly the same.

Sep 22, 2018 4:28 AM

Actually, although I liked the new opening, the story bored me a bit, it was not brilliant or even lively, but the fact of having better known the secondary characters, is in itself interesting. Quality of drawings and animations a little lowered. Best character the dentitic cell.

Sep 25, 2018 6:07 PM

Dendritic Cell is my favourite! Knew I loved him for a reason >:]

Sep 26, 2018 6:14 AM

I now ship Killer T and Commander T lol.

Oct 3, 2018 1:37 AM

Really lovely episode, just great backstory and character development in general! Looking forwards to see what's next!

Oct 8, 2018 8:28 AM

The OP now uses its second half of the opening song.

I was not expecting any backstory behind Killer T and Helper T cells, but hey! this is actually quite good! I like how they both started as enemies to somehow being friends. Though it was a nice backstory. At the very least, it informs the audiences how the T cells used to be nurtured until they ended up being categorized.

Killer T's and Helper T's reaction was funny!
OwO

Oct 10, 2018 7:25 PM

this episode was kinda boring =/

Nov 2, 2018 10:09 AM

omg omg chibi Killer T is soooooo adorbs >///<

This scene

Reminds me of

bwahaha xD

Also, Dendritic Cell is so sadistic lololololllll

Love him X]

Nov 4, 2018 8:23 PM

watched from [:v] subs
Good Episode!
Helper T and Killer T are fun to watch cuz they are same colleagues!
what?! no HanaKana!?!?!? and her only script is the preview episode...lolz
4/5.

Nov 5, 2018 3:29 PM

Felt like repetition of previous Killer-T Cell initiation episode but probably better with all the flashback.

Nov 21, 2018 7:18 PM
This episode is similar to naruto or Haikyuu. There's the haughty genius and there's the hardworking guy. Killer T is similar more to Naruto though, in that he's an idiot, but he works hard, punching in the forest on his own in his extra time. Like haikyuu, the haughty genius helper T, accepts the killer T cell(unlike Naruto until the very end lol)
One thing I find kinda amazingly coincidental, Killer T, just like hinata in haikyuu, used to close his eyes before striking, but then after a suggestion to keep his eyes open, they both did a lot better(obviously).

Dec 7, 2018 2:21 AM
Another great backstory episode

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

Preview MangaManga Store