Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 1, 2018 1:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's cool to see Todoroki in action again after the filler episode. Inasa also talks about his hate for him and Endeavor.

The action was intense and picked up more momentum as Deku and Todoroki tried to make a comeback against Gang Orca. There's still a lot on his mind but the way he fought literally showed a burning passion to succeed. Quite an emotional episode of personal feelings.
Sep 1, 2018 3:12 AM
Aug 2018
Not really worried about Midoryia passing, but, if they are only deducting point, I don't really know about Todoroki/wind guy and Bakugou...

Sep 1, 2018 3:23 AM

Mar 2018
I'm glad the exam is over now, but that fire tornado really had stunning visuals.

Fells like an eternity since we had such a good episode. MHA is back.
Sep 1, 2018 3:24 AM

Dec 2008
Wow beautiful. The OST was perfect, best episode of the exam. 5/5
Sep 1, 2018 3:31 AM

Nov 2015

Finally the test is over. Now on to the only good stuff of the arc.

The other schools kind of sucked BTW
Old_School_AkiraSep 1, 2018 4:15 PM
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Sep 1, 2018 3:33 AM

Sep 2014
We saw why Inasa resents both Endeavor and Todoroki. Their bad cooperation must have costed lots of points and even when they tried to make up for it, it doesn't seem to be enough. It seems that Midoriya found his own name on the list. Great episode this week and I really liked Gang Orca playing the villain.
Sep 1, 2018 3:44 AM

Dec 2013
Gang Orca is a pretty cool guy - liked his villain act!
The visuals were very nice, can't wait for next week!! (only 4 episodes left q-q)

Sep 1, 2018 3:45 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
The combo wombo part with that wind boy and Todoroki was too convenient and cheesy. Sigh, S3 has been very lame till now.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Sep 1, 2018 3:46 AM
Oct 2017
Rukodaime91 said:
Not really worried about Midoryia passing, but, if they are only deducting point, I don't really know about Todoroki/wind guy and Bakugou...

Theres no way that Bakugou could pass...
Sep 1, 2018 4:06 AM

Feb 2013
Inasa and Todoroki made a big mistake, that's not how a hero should act.
Sep 1, 2018 4:14 AM

May 2015
A fight full of passion! Again a beautiful episode, which I needed after watching banana fish...
ArtG1Sep 1, 2018 6:09 AM
Sep 1, 2018 4:28 AM
Jul 2018
only 4 episodes left i ain't excited
Sep 1, 2018 4:28 AM

Feb 2014
That fight scene was awesome. A little more action from Bakugo and this would have been perfect.
Sep 1, 2018 4:50 AM

Nov 2011
Aww man my Girl Tsu learning that CAMOUFLAGE!! Hyped to see her get some more development.

Man I have this weird feeling Midoriya won't pass. Something about that kick at the end made me feel more uneasy then happy.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 1, 2018 4:52 AM
May 2018
was i the only one that when was reading this arc in the manga 2 years ago thought that there was some deeper connection between him and todoroki instead of some butthurt fan of endeavor??? i dont know why i just felt like pointing this out btw a great episode after a while
Sep 1, 2018 4:55 AM

Oct 2017
There's no way Bakugo will pass the test. Well, he deserved it anyway...
Sep 1, 2018 5:04 AM

Jun 2014
The conflict between Inasa and Todoroki in this episode will definitely cause them to not pass. Bakugo's attitude alone is enough to prevent him from passing as well.

This episode killed it with the action, visuals, and OST. Great stuff, as usual, from this show.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 1, 2018 5:11 AM

Dec 2016
Thank God Todoroki has developed, at least a little bit, from what he was early on because seeing how he acted back then is so fucking annoying lol

Also this episode was very fucking good
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Sep 1, 2018 5:23 AM

Nov 2016
Great episode, Bones keeps doing a superb job with the quality of this adaptation. I wasn't really a fan of this part in the manga, since I was disappointed by Inadas backround story, but I was still able to thoroughly enjoy it here.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 1, 2018 5:28 AM

Apr 2017
this shot was really beautiful.

Still This arc sucked ass in the manga and Bones made it worse. Hopefully they handle
AymafSep 1, 2018 5:31 AM

Sep 1, 2018 5:28 AM

Jul 2013
Probably the best episode of this lackluster arc. Nice fight against Gang Orca (who is a badass) and good teamwork towards the end. I'm not worried about Deku, I'm sure he would pass, just that the anime ended the episode in cliffhanger to make people wonder if he will pass or not.

The firestorm of Todoroki and Inasa was cool, but they don't deserve to pass after such childlish arguement (Inasa's reason to dislike Todoroki surprised me as well, since I thought his dislike for Endevour would be something more serious, but I can understand him). If that would had been a real life scenario, they would had been screwed themselves and the rest. Same to Bakugou, lmao.
Sep 1, 2018 5:29 AM

Apr 2017
Mysterygirl_ said:
was i the only one that when was reading this arc in the manga 2 years ago thought that there was some deeper connection between him and todoroki instead of some butthurt fan of endeavor??? i dont know why i just felt like pointing this out btw a great episode after a while
Inasa's character is horrible. There's no deeper connection. He's just a lame fanboy.

Sep 1, 2018 5:33 AM

Feb 2014
To be honest, this episode did make me like Inasa less than I did before. I do understand why he would hate Endevour and I would be the same as him if that happened to me at that age while trying to get his autograph. However, he hated Todoroki for having that same look as his father as well as his attitude. Not once did he even ask why Todoroki why he was acting like that at all. It just makes his hatred for Todoroki to be rather petty.

Either way, their childish squabbling gave Gang Orca's group a golden ticket to screw the two of them up, but despite that, Todoroki and Inasa teamed up, at last, with an incredible fiery tornado. This part of the episode was where the animation, visuals and soundtrack were at their best. Pleasant stuff! =3

So now we have to wait another week to find out who passed and who didn't. After their stupid arguing, I doubt Todoroki and Inasa will pass at all. Bakugo might either miss out or pass by barely a whisker. I'm sure that Midoriya will pass. =)

Great episode overall.
Sep 1, 2018 6:13 AM

Apr 2015
If I managed to get it correctly, there were 89 names on the screen. So only 11 of 100 didn't pass the exam? I wonder if Todoroki, Inasa or Kacchan passed.
Sep 1, 2018 6:14 AM

Jan 2013
Gang Orca is really scary, i don't know how they accepted him to be a hero xD He looks 100% like a villain hahaha
Midoriya can't fail! They ended it at the worst cliffhanger :(
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Sep 1, 2018 6:16 AM
Jul 2018
The episode was very good. Especially the moment when Todoroki and Inasa work up together, the animation was so good. And the thick black lines on their faces remembered me of Season 2 Episode 10 before of the clash between Deku and Todoroki when they have the same visual art on their faces. I don't know why this show is getting hate recently. Just because it was more like a chill arc doesn't mean it was bad.
And the flashbacks of Inasa were good, not great but very good. What I love of MHA that has many moments that in paper will be silly and corny. But they end up much better than expected. Excited for the next ep.
Sep 1, 2018 6:18 AM

Dec 2015
At this point I'm only watching to see best girl Froppy.
And in this episode she leveled up and unlocked the camouflage ability.
Therefore this is an excellent episode :p
Sep 1, 2018 6:31 AM

Jul 2016
Another amazing episode. The exam is over, so the next 4 episodes will be awesome. I think they might skip Chapter 115 next episode and adapt it in episode 24 or 25, seeing as the preview showed scenes of chapter 117 (this one ended with 113).

Everyone who slanders Inasa's name on this thread will die on September 26, 2020.
Sep 1, 2018 6:38 AM

May 2015
Only 4 episodes left ;-;
Inasa and Todoroki made a huge mistake :O They did manage to recover so I hope they pass the test
I have no doubt that Midoriya will pass! ^^ He deserves it!

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO FEEL EPISODES ARE SO SHORT BECAUSE THEY ARE INSANELY AWESOME?!?!
Sep 1, 2018 6:45 AM

Dec 2014
Fantastic episode.

The art, animation and soundtrack this episode was pure awesome. I loved that initial transition where Deku is just looking around and then Todoroki's ice hits with Hero A beginning to play, so good. XD

The action was great as expected of Bones, the fire wind vortex was amazing and damn the art in those scenes was stunning.

Deku's gonna pass, we know it but yeah Todoroki, Inasa and Bakugou probably won't.

Anyway onto the next portion of the arc.
Sep 1, 2018 7:03 AM

Jan 2008
The close in shots of Todoroki and Inasa faces were really nice and when Todoroki's theme started playing, oh man.
Sep 1, 2018 7:04 AM

Feb 2018
I think inasa might have hit is head on the ground a few times to often. Damn that dude is obnoxious.
Ya know what I don't hate something far away I hate you fucking idiot who is right in front of me.
Sep 1, 2018 7:08 AM

May 2017
Another boring episode, who gives a shit about this shallow drama? Smfh
Sep 1, 2018 7:13 AM

Feb 2018
Finally I am so excited for the next 1/2 episodes.
Sep 1, 2018 7:29 AM

Feb 2016
I agree with some people here that this arc was a bit dull in comparison to other arcs but well, it had its moments.

Todoroki and Inasa childish fight was quite stupid yes, but considering the high demand regarding to heroes I could see this happening even with the pros. (now I'm wondering how did Endeavor reach number 2)

PureAgiMaxReborn said:
Another boring episode, who gives a shit about this shallow drama? Smfh

Yeah because pro heroes never had any drama with other heroes. Smh
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Sep 1, 2018 7:58 AM
May 2017
How are they going to do the last 4 episodes. I can see it easily finishing in 3
Sep 1, 2018 8:26 AM

Dec 2015
That flame tornado they made was pretty fucking awesome, but with the mistakes they made earlier, I'm pretty sure Todoroki and Yoayarashi failed the exam.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Sep 1, 2018 8:32 AM
Aug 2018
Couldn't take the Inasa/Todoroki conflict seriously at all and as usual the show was being overdramatic. Both of them will definitely fail, but it doesn't really mean anything since they can just take it again as 2/3 years.
Sep 1, 2018 9:03 AM
Jan 2017
an amazing job with the episode as usual, but I am more looking for what is about to go down in the final 4 eps.

manga readers you already know.
Sep 1, 2018 11:16 AM

Jun 2013
I remember this part from the manga, I was pissed at both Todoroki Shoto and Yoarashi, more on Todoroki. Even though he's my favorite character right next to Deku. He was so prideful that his flames almost burnt Shindo. He even pissed off Deku, who makes a lot of mistakes and fucks up a lot too, by doing that.

He has some personality traits just like his old man, as much as he hates him and as much of an asshole Endeavor is and yes I know how Endeavor changes later on since I'm updated on the manga, he has his own character flaws too. I felt sorry for Yoarashi when he was a kid because he was pushed aside by Endeavor even though he looked up to him. Todoroki wants to be different from his old man but he can be just as arrogant. They did work together at the end but the exam ended before we could see what would've been the result, based on what Gang Orca said, they could have possibly defeated him if it had gone on longer.

I'm proud of Froppy for learning her camouflage technique.

I already know who passed and didn't pass but I'm going to watch some youtubers react next week to see the expression on their faces when some fan favorites fail.

I'm excited for the meeting between Bakugou and Deku next week too.
臭い-
Sep 1, 2018 11:27 AM
May 2018
4:30 minutes of recap, what is this One Piece?
I really hope Bones doesn't go to the same route as Toei or Studio Pierrot, specially it's a seasonal anime which makes it worse and inexcusable.
Finally the worst arc in BHA is over and Bones didn't help it with their unnecessary fillers and drag out. Can't wait for the next few episodes and next season.
Sep 1, 2018 11:28 AM

May 2017
The next season is going to be the worst and most boring one. But this season will end on a good note after all it's
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 1, 2018 11:55 AM

Feb 2018
wow what an amazing episode...good & action packed
they cleared up why they needed such an intense kind of test cause the police asked

great animation on the fire and wind scenes
todoroki with the clutch ice even while he couldnt move kakkoii !!!

that inari guy kept trolling todoroki's fire moves

and midoriya is always sick saved that earthquake guy and smashed gang orca

mi mi ...mi doriyyaaa he was very heroic this episode i doubt he will fail
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 1, 2018 12:04 PM

Jan 2014
I actually hoped to see Deku vs Gang Orca.

and we finally can see the trio shared their secret next week.
Sep 1, 2018 12:22 PM

Nov 2015
Tiagura said:
4:30 minutes of recap, what is this One Piece?
specially it's a seasonal anime which makes it worse and inexcusable.

Finally the worst arc in BHA is over.

Most shounen shows that air early in the morning have recaps because they are aimed at a younger audience (even though western weboos act like they are mature sometimes.

Being a seasonal show won't make the worst arc in the manga any better since the manga follows the same pattern with arcs all the time. Hype villians arc, school SOL /training, hype villians arc, school SOL/training.etc

And the next arc will be even worse
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Sep 1, 2018 12:26 PM

Jan 2009
love that fight against Gang Orca, damn he uses sound waves to fight eh, lots of sakuga on that fight too
Sep 1, 2018 12:29 PM

Sep 2017
I wonder what would have happened if Midoriya got to finish his kick...
Sep 1, 2018 12:42 PM

Sep 2013
The pacing in this episode felt weird, especially with the flash backs cutting into the fight.

And from the preview, it looks like next week is doing things a bi tout of order too. This second half really hasn't been the best HeroAca has to show.
Sep 1, 2018 1:14 PM

Dec 2017
when i saw shoto's flames it gave me the tournament arc vibes, but it wasn't nearly as good. the next arc will be complete shit though. season 3 is disappointing...
Sep 1, 2018 1:35 PM
Nov 2015
great episode. we love this anime. we can't wait to see next episode
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Old_School_Akira - Aug 8, 2018

120 by Vindicater »»
Apr 20, 5:57 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

51 by Vindicater »»
Apr 20, 5:38 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 9 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

43 by Vindicater »»
Apr 17, 10:58 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 26, 2018

169 by Vindicater »»
Apr 16, 3:26 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2018

230 by Vindicater »»
Apr 13, 6:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.