Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 31, 2018 10:35 AM

Nov 2012
This is my gf's all time favourite anime/manga, she often tells me about it and is very excited and I must admit what she has told me so far has caught my interest.

I see a lot of good ratings but they all seem to be from girls, are there any guys who watch & enjoy this show?

My gf enjoys a lot of the shonen and seinen anime that I watch and we often watch them together, I feel like it'd make her very happy if I watched Nana so I'm seriously considering it.

I guess it boils down to I've never watched a shojo in my life haha so I'm a little hesitant.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Aug 31, 2018 12:22 PM

Sep 2015
Yes, just do it. It's more of an adult romance story than your typical cute highschool romance (friendship also plays a big role). When I watched the first few episodes, I didn't find it to be really special and the artstyle kinda put me off, but just keep on watching because it's really worth it.
Aug 31, 2018 3:36 PM

Nov 2012
xxSaya said:
Yes, just do it. It's more of an adult romance story than your typical cute highschool romance (friendship also plays a big role). When I watched the first few episodes, I didn't find it to be really special and the artstyle kinda put me off, but just keep on watching because it's really worth it.

Thanks for your reply! :) Yeah it seemed to have a lot more depth and realism to it than a lot of other shojo's I've seen. The characters and their relationships at least do seem appealing! I guess I'll at least tell her I'm open to watch it with her. I'll let you know when I do start the series :))
Aug 31, 2018 3:58 PM

Jun 2011
JVskunkape said:
I'll let you know when I do start the series :))
Please do share your opinion on the series without spoiling after you've watched it. :)

I am also hesitant on starting this series (and Hachimitsu to Clover) despite hearing a lot of good things about it, since I prefer a more kid-friendly puppy love kind of romance.. but I still want to give it a try someday.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Aug 31, 2018 4:22 PM

Nov 2012
ToG25thBaam said:
JVskunkape said:
I'll let you know when I do start the series :))
Please do share your opinion on the series without spoiling after you've watched it. :)

I am also hesitant on starting this series (and Hachimitsu to Clover) despite hearing a lot of good things about it, since I prefer a more kid-friendly puppy love kind of romance.. but I still want to give it a try someday.

I definitely will! Thanks for your reply also! :)
Sep 1, 2018 7:38 PM
Feb 2018
I'm a guy , I'm 30 episodes in and the show hasn't gone stale it is still very enjoyable to me and I think everyone should give this anime a watch
Sep 2, 2018 5:37 AM

Nov 2012
-kyameron- said:
I'm a guy , I'm 30 episodes in and the show hasn't gone stale it is still very enjoyable to me and I think everyone should give this anime a watch

Wow this is exactly the kind of comment I was looking for! I checked our shared anime and see that we enjoyed a lot of the same series, so that you enjoyed this series is definitely a convincing point! In the middle of watching FMA brotherhood atm, but I'll talk to my gf tonight and tell her I'm open to watch it with her as my next series.
Apr 1, 2020 9:30 AM

Oct 2019
I have the same question I'am not into romance and watched some light romance anime which I like so I is worth watching? 47 eps are very long for me so will I get bored?

Apr 1, 2020 4:43 PM

Jun 2015
Full_anime_Fan said:
I have the same question I'am not into romance and watched some light romance anime which I like so I is worth watching? 47 eps are very long for me so will I get bored?

Oh trust me on that,you will not get bored (:
This is not just romance,it's more like the hardships of life and with the one mc that most likely is connected to romance,but overall it's a bit too harsh as an anime,it really hits you.
Apr 1, 2020 8:53 PM

Nov 2012
Full_anime_Fan said:

Hi, since making this thread me and my gf started a joint watch of it and we're about halfway now, I've really enjoyed it so far and it is my first anime of this style, you could even check out my list to my usual taste.

As mentioned above there's a lot of realism to Nana that makes the show and it's characters refreshing.

Let me know if you do decide to give it a shot!

Probably take me forever to finish it though as we only watch a few eps every couple of weeks or so.
JVskunkapeApr 1, 2020 9:21 PM
Apr 11, 2020 9:48 AM

Apr 2019
How much "music" thing is here? Is it focused towards music? Cuz, to be honest, I don't like music genre anime all too much.
Rem is best girl
Apr 12, 2020 12:25 AM

Sep 2018
Shizokami said:
How much "music" thing is here? Is it focused towards music? Cuz, to be honest, I don't like music genre anime all too much.

Anime is mostly drama. The music is there since the mc is in a band. Personally the music is the one of the best things in nana.
Mar 2, 2022 12:05 PM
Dec 2017
oh yeah its really worth the watch and read.

Mar 2, 2022 12:18 PM

Nov 2012
I've since finished the watch of this series and really enjoyed it despite not being the typical type of anime I'd usually watch!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nana Episode 36 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xinil - Mar 5, 2007

65 by mo_lave »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » NANA Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

jacobpaige - Mar 23, 2008

77 by nelsonnnn »»
Apr 16, 6:46 PM

Poll: » NANA Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - May 19, 2008

98 by _Geko_ »»
Apr 9, 4:10 PM

Poll: » NANA Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Psylocybek - Aug 5, 2008

84 by mo_lave »»
Apr 8, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Nana Episode 47 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jul 28, 2007

387 by SasakiTouha »»
Apr 8, 5:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.