Forum Settings
Forums

did you change your sexual orrientation because of animes?

New
Aug 31, 2018 8:51 AM

Jul 2017
I use to be straight but after watching momokuri and jojo's bizzare adventure(2 fundamentaly different shows) I became gay.
however after watching konosuba and falling in love(in a platonic way) with megumin I became straight again.
so I guess I'm bi now.

so did this ever happen to you? did you change your sexual orientation because of animes, and if yes did you change it more than once?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 31, 2018 8:56 AM

Jan 2009
our sexuality is beyond our control or out of our choice anyway lol, science says there is sexual fluidity https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_fluidity

personally im not that 100% straight to begin with and im 1 on the kinsey scale so that makes me bisexual
Aug 31, 2018 9:02 AM

Jun 2014
I'll admit, if it weren't for bishounen, I wouldn't know I was bisexual. It took until age 28 before I realized I wasn't exactly straight.

I'm not sure if I'm a 1 or 2 on the kinsey scale. I'm only attracted to semi-effeminate looking guys with their bangs brushed forward, and because of that, I don't think I've seen a guy outside of Anime that I thought was attractive. On the other hand, I think vaginas are gross, and I'm really turned on by dicks, so I must be at least a 2.

Aug 31, 2018 9:06 AM

Nov 2016
you can like whatever cartoons you like but to let it affect your real life in such a way uhhh

dont be weird. just be straight
Aug 31, 2018 9:08 AM

Aug 2017
Nah.I just think you are weird.
Its just "Chinese cartoon".

RNG best girl!!!
RNG best waifu!!
RNG is life!Long live RNG!
Aug 31, 2018 9:09 AM

Jun 2014
kisb said:
you can like whatever cartoons you like but to let it affect your real life in such a way uhhh

You callin' me weird, boy?

It's 2018. Being straight is on the way out.

Aug 31, 2018 9:09 AM

May 2014
I could go gay for some anime girls, but it doesn't change my real life preferences.
Aug 31, 2018 9:10 AM

Jul 2017
I kinda changed a lot throughout watching anime but, not really.
Aug 31, 2018 9:18 AM

Dec 2015
No, but it did help me realize that love is beautiful regardless of who it is between.
Aug 31, 2018 9:20 AM
Aug 2018
kisb said:

Yeah Yeah i agree just enjoy the damn show and be straight like me and everyone else
Aug 31, 2018 9:21 AM

Oct 2014
I used to sexually identify as a hand in hopes that Migi from Parasyte would become my lover, but it didn't pan out.
Aug 31, 2018 9:22 AM
Aug 2018
Seiya said:
kisb said:

uhh excuse me? I mean boys liking boys and girls liking girls is kind of weird but straight people aren't going anywhere
Aug 31, 2018 9:23 AM

Jun 2014
WeebFromMars_18_ said:
Seiya said:

uhh excuse me? I mean boys liking boys and girls liking girls is kind of weird but straight people aren't going anywhere

More than 80% of this planet are in some way bisexual. Straight is the minority.

Aug 31, 2018 9:28 AM
Aug 2018
Seiya said:
WeebFromMars_18_ said:

More than 80% of this planet are in some way bisexual. Straight is the minority.
uhh not a chance those are accurate numbers
Aug 31, 2018 9:31 AM

Feb 2016
I used to think I was a lesbian, but kpop male idols made me realize I was bisexual but with a preference for girls.

Just look at BTS members, they are hot as fuck!
Aug 31, 2018 9:32 AM

Jun 2014
WeebFromMars_18_ said:
Seiya said:

Uhh, not a chance you can prove me wrong.

There are literally billions of people who think that they're straight who are actually bisexual, and may never know unless they open their mind to new things. And then there are the billions who know they're not 100% straight, and simply keep silent about their bisexuality their whole lives.

Thankfully, this is changing, and more people are coming to terms with who they really are. Nobody should have to live a lie.

Aug 31, 2018 9:33 AM

Oct 2017
I'll never let anime get this much into my head. I'm not that retarded, seriously.
Aug 31, 2018 9:35 AM

Feb 2018
steponmeazula said:
I used to think I was a lesbian, but kpop male idols made me realize I was bisexual but with a preference for girls.

I'm not sure why I find this post funny.
Talk is cheap, show me the code.

Almost is not good enough.
Aug 31, 2018 9:37 AM

Mar 2015
I used to think I was completely straight.

Then I watched a Britney Spears music video and was like 'maybe im a lil bit gay'

Then I watched Monogatari and fully accepted my bisexuality.
Aug 31, 2018 9:39 AM

Jul 2013
I was once a straight boy. Then I watched Fate/stay night, and I saw Archer. Still GAR for him since then.
Aug 31, 2018 9:45 AM

Feb 2013
yes, now i am polysexual, attracted to more than 2 genders, but not all

which genders however is a hi-mi-tsu ;)
Aug 31, 2018 9:46 AM

Aug 2016
Zehennagel said:
I use to be straight but after watching momokuri and jojo's bizzare adventure(2 fundamentaly different shows) I became gay.
however after watching konosuba and falling in love(in a platonic way) with megumin I became straight again.
so I guess I'm bi now.

so did this ever happen to you? did you change your sexual orientation because of animes, and if yes did you change it more than once?

Nop but it influence it for sure. Anime help me to understand some way of my sexuality, and even I prefer girls I have some crush on male, as my ex was a guy. About feeling it's girls but sexually speaking guys attracts me.
Aug 31, 2018 9:49 AM

Jan 2018
man what the fuck even is this thread
Aug 31, 2018 9:51 AM

Nov 2016
Seiya said:
WeebFromMars_18_ said:

There are literally billions of people who think that they're straight who are actually bisexual, and may never know unless they open their mind to new things. And then there are the billions who know they're not 100% straight, and simply keep silent about their bisexuality their whole lives.

Thankfully, this is changing, and more people are coming to terms with who they really are. Nobody should have to live a lie.

haha i believe there are actual gay people and there are straight people.
the rest dont count. bisexual, bicurious... those are just terms for people who are currently confused.
they are actually straight but are being tricked by evil America.
Aug 31, 2018 9:53 AM
May 2018
Zehennagel said:
so I guess I'm bi now.

Nah, there must have been a little gayness already in you deep down.
Aug 31, 2018 9:56 AM

Oct 2017
kisb said:
Seiya said:

the rest dont count. bisexual, bicurious... those are just terms for people who are currently confused.

Nah, more like they want to feel as if they're "special."
Aug 31, 2018 10:00 AM

Jul 2017
you cant change your sexual orientation by yourself
you only discover / reexplore your orientation through anime
Aug 31, 2018 10:01 AM

Apr 2014
guess the title should be 'did you discover'
BikeGoneRampantAug 31, 2018 12:05 PM
Aug 31, 2018 10:26 AM

Jun 2014
kisb said:
Seiya said:

Don't tell me you actually believe that bisexual people don't exist?

I'm getting sick of bi-erasure.

Aug 31, 2018 10:28 AM

Jul 2017
Leafx42 said:
No, but it did help me realize that love is beautiful regardless of who it is between.

especially if it between animes characters or/and an anime character and a human
Nico_Nico_NEET said:
man what the fuck even is this thread
that's what I ask myself every day, about my life
TheKing528 said:
Zehennagel said:
so I guess I'm bi now.

Nah, there must have been a little gayness already in you deep down.

indeed it just made me realise it.
femmelesbian said:
you cant change your sexual orientation by yourself
you only discover / reexplore your orientation through anime
indeed, originaly, animes was created for young japaneses to find their sexual orientation.
Aug 31, 2018 10:42 AM

Dec 2017
it's okay if you find attractive a 2d trap on the screen, but when it comes to irl trap and you unexpectedly discover that dingle dangle thingo down there you kinda wish this never happened
Aug 31, 2018 10:49 AM

Jul 2017
Seiya said:
kisb said:

they actually don't exist. there are only people who change very often. VERY often.
Unconcerned said:
I separate anime from reality

gg man. I don't.
uninstallthegame said:
it's okay if you find attractive a 2d trap on the screen, but when it comes to irl trap and you unexpectedly discover that dingle dangle thingo down there you kinda wish this never happened

never happened to me since I stay home all day doing nothing this is a cry for help haha don't select the text
Aug 31, 2018 10:51 AM

Jun 2014
Zehennagel said:
Seiya said:

they actually don't exist. there are only people who change very often. VERY often.

Am I actually reading this? Are you people that delusional?

Bisexuality is very real. I hope you kids realize this once you grow up.

Aug 31, 2018 10:54 AM

Jul 2017
Seiya said:
Zehennagel said:

this was just a bad joke. like they change often, very often. an exageration you know, a hyperball, showing what the other guy was saying was dumb.
Aug 31, 2018 10:57 AM

Feb 2018
Seiya said:

When I grow up, I want to be like you.

You're so cool 😲

Aug 31, 2018 11:00 AM

May 2016
After watching enough anime and skimming through some doujins, I became uninterested in real people, since in comparison real people have nothing going for them. Being real isn't a selling point.
Aug 31, 2018 11:01 AM

Dec 2017
Zehennagel said:

uninstallthegame said:

never happened to me since I stay home all day doing nothing this is a cry for help haha don't select the text

Someday you will find peace.
until that moment comes you have to bear with it with all your might.
it will be really hard at first and you will need to
cut down all the ties with the real world,
in order to ascend and raise your head.
dominate your way through the chain of life,
endure it and be sure - it
will help
Aug 31, 2018 11:03 AM

Jan 2017
I'm straight. Heck, I dont even like shoujo ai/ yuri shows. Such a bland taste i have, LOL.
silent_knight98Aug 31, 2018 11:08 AM
Aug 31, 2018 11:04 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
I used to think that I was straight, but then anime helped me realize that I was straight.
ManabanAug 31, 2018 11:10 AM

Aug 31, 2018 11:06 AM

Feb 2018
Lisbon said:
I used to think that I was straight, but then anime helped me realize that I was straight.

Indeed, realizing is always and has always been better than just thinking.

But, let's see, how exactly did anime help you realize you were straight ? Just out of curiousity ?(If you don't mind me asking, that is)

Aug 31, 2018 11:08 AM

Apr 2018
Yes. I felt like, might be, I was actually a girl with D after watching Kuroko no Basuke season 1. And I am certain that I am a man after watching the Fist of the North Star. Now, I will stay away from a show with a big beautiful male casts.
Aug 31, 2018 11:11 AM

Sep 2015
it may seem weird to change your sexual orientation for a fictional character, but the fact of the matter is that you're in denial of your true calling, being an incel
N.etorare T.echnical R.esearcher
Aug 31, 2018 11:13 AM
Jul 2018
lmao this is ridiculous you know that right?
no
Aug 31, 2018 11:15 AM

Jan 2013
Just another regular day on MAL forums...

To answer your question: no lol

weetI guess, as long as I have life, all I can do is fight with all my might.
Aug 31, 2018 11:20 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
azulakina said:
But, let's see, how exactly did anime help you realize you were straight ? Just out of curiousity ?(If you don't mind me asking, that is)

Well, it's complicated, but I'll try to explain.

I think it was about the time I was watching Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, right? At the time I had started it, I was convinced that I was a heterosexual, but the more I gazed into this abyss, the more I realized that there was something greater at play, something beyond me that I wasn't grasping. Something within me, burning with fire and railing against the bars of its cage, desperately trying to set itself free before it vanished into a non-entity within the confines of my psyche.

So I packed my bags and traveled to India for a spiritual journey, to study under a guru and achieve a greater sense of emancipation from the societal pressures surrounding me to allow myself to flourish as an individual. I saw an overweight man on the street while I was walking to my hotel, which, obviously, such a proud girth meant it was the Buddha himself, re-descended upon us mere mortals to help us achieve nirvana. I began following him around everywhere he went - to his work place as a street vendor for some base foods for passerbys to his home and all about the town as he went about his day, observing, hoping some of his enlightenment would rub off on me. He would turn around and yell things in a language I didn't understand, but we spoke through our souls and I understood that he was guiding me in the direction to nirvana. After a few days of following him about in basic locations, I attempted to get a more intimate image of the Buddha by following him into more private and isolated locations, such as restrooms. It was arrogant of me to go right for the ultimate achievement like that, forgoing proper meditation and patience, but I finally managed to capture a glimpse of his shriveled enlightenment - and it was then, at that point, I realized that I was straight. Things do not change, and the Buddha was but a mere man at heart, as wise as he may be, bless him insha'allah om beata maria.

All because I was worried that enjoying an incestuous BL series made me gay, I went on that grand journey of self-understanding and reached the conclusion that I was not sexually attracted to men or any other sex other than females.

Aug 31, 2018 11:23 AM

Dec 2015
Zehennagel said:
Leafx42 said:

especially if it between animes characters or/and an anime character and a human

Lol, not exactly where I was going with that. well played sir. Well played
Aug 31, 2018 11:24 AM

Oct 2016
Hmmm, I don't think that's how it works.
Aug 31, 2018 11:26 AM

Feb 2018
Lisbon said:

I think it was about the time I was watching Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, right? At the time I had started it, I was convinced that I was a heterosexual, but the more I gazed into this abyss, the more I realized that there was something greater at play, something beyond me that I wasn't grasping. Something within me, burning with fire and railing against the bars of its cage, desperately trying to set itself free before it vanished into a non-entity within the confines of my psyche.

So I packed my bags and traveled to India for a spiritual journey, to study under a guru and achieve a greater sense of emancipation from the societal pressures surrounding me to allow myself to flourish as an individual. I saw an overweight man on the street while I was walking to my hotel, which, obviously, such a proud girth meant it was the Buddha himself, re-descended upon us mere mortals to help us achieve nirvana. I began following him around everywhere he went - to his work place as a street vendor for some base foods for passerbys to his home and all about the town as he went about his day, observing, hoping some of his enlightenment would rub off on me. He would turn around and yell things in a language I didn't understand, but we spoke through our souls and I understood that he was guiding me in the direction to nirvana. After a few days of following him about in basic locations, I attempted to get a more intimate image of the Buddha by following him into more private and isolated locations, such as restrooms. It was arrogant of me to go right for the ultimate achievement like that, forgoing proper meditation and patience, but I finally managed to capture a glimpse of his shriveled enlightenment - and it was then, at that point, I realized that I was straight. Things do not change, and the Buddha was but a mere man at heart, as wise as he may be, bless him insha'allah om beata maria.

All because I was worried that enjoying an incestuous BL series made me gay, I went on that grand journey of self-understanding and reached the conclusion that I was not sexually attracted to men or any other sex other than females.

lmao

You do indeed sound enlightened but not as enlightened as I am since I have never really had any doubts about my sexuality 🤷

Aug 31, 2018 11:27 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
azulakina said:
Lisbon said:

You do indeed sound enlightened but not an enlightened as I am since I have never really had any doubts about my sexuality 🤷🏽

We all must get there in due time, my friend. We all walk the path to nirvana together, at our own pace to achieve a greater-sense of self-being. And taking in the journey to the endgoal and questioning every aspect of said journey is the ultimate way to achieve a greater sense of being.

Amen.

Aug 31, 2018 11:28 AM
Mar 2013
steponmeazula said:

*googles BTS members* I think you're still a lesbian
just kidding
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» For those who ever rewatch anything, are there any anime you can't really casually rewatch in whole or in part due to intensity?

WatchTillTandava - 3 hours ago

9 by Luchipher-Zen »»
14 seconds ago

» Early-mid 2000s anime – what are your thoughts?

Haneken2086 - Yesterday

31 by WatchTillTandava »»
17 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows? ( 1 2 )

EverRealm - Yesterday

56 by RantingMarauder »»
22 minutes ago

Poll: » What position do you watch anime in?

Spunkert - Yesterday

18 by Daviljoe193 »»
39 minutes ago

» peak piece

Cyborgium - Mar 28

6 by SnipeStrike »»
44 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.