Forum Settings
Forums

High Guardian Spice - Crunchyroll Controversy

New
Aug 30, 2018 7:05 AM

Apr 2018
So there's a controversy about Crunchyroll's new original series that's been raging for the last 2 or 3 days, largely because of how political Crunchy is being about the entire thing:

Announcement for the series:
Crunchyroll

Multiple outlets have been covering this controversy so far:
Sakura Anime News

One Angry Gamer

There's also a Sankaku Complex article, but I won't link to NSFW websites here.

What do you guys think about Crunchy's new series and their doing original works now?
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 30, 2018 7:05 AM

Apr 2016
CR should have just stick with shitty services, that's what they do best.
Aug 30, 2018 7:06 AM

Jan 2013
If they went about this another way, they would've been okay.
But since they decided to make the whole thing an identity politics issue, they got people riled up.
Big mistake, and one that could leave its mark.
Aug 30, 2018 7:07 AM

Feb 2018
I don't care it's their money and they can do whatever they want with it.
Aug 30, 2018 7:16 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
I think I'm already sick of this topic and am incapable of making a post that isn't just completely reiterating things I have not said in the other threads here already.

So:

blah blah blah I don't care about the politics shit, fair game to avoid it, which I will most certainly do, but its existence in such a space isn't an issue to me blah blah blah

blah blah blah it's totally understandable that it'd rack up badwill with their consumerbase to invest in some vanity project like this despite extensive and longstanding issues with their services on the technical side that have only gained new ones rather than eliminating old ones blah blah blah

blah blah blah trailer was an absolute joke and they did nothing to sell the show or make it seem interesting, or even really say anything about it whatsoever, past gender politics and at points they seemed kind of high and mighty and arrogant compared to other animation studios and it seems laughable to put these elements ahead of the actual series like they very blatantly did in the trailer blah blah blah

blah blah blah hate CalArts style blah blah blah

blah blah blah just fuck CR and the people at the helm of the company in general tbh blah blah blah

ManabanAug 30, 2018 7:22 AM

Aug 30, 2018 7:29 AM

Sep 2017
I think their show needs a bit more diversity tbh
Aug 30, 2018 7:40 AM

Dec 2012
Hey, who knows. Maybe it'll be decent. Maybe I'd even tune into it myself if it's got what I'm after (which, at the moment, is just Rule 34 of that pink haired girl). Maybe it'll be Miyazaki's spiritual successor. All things considered, that's not likely though. My gut tells me it's going to flop and CrunchyRoll will quickly proceed to blame the "trolls" (aka paying subscribers who don't like HGS), branding them as toxic bigots who weren't inclusive enough.
Aug 30, 2018 7:44 AM
Aug 2016
This is the Anime Discussion board, we don't discuss cartoons here.
Aug 30, 2018 7:52 AM

Nov 2009
I think they can do what they want with their money. I don't think it will be successful but whatever, it doesn't interest me.

CondemneDio said:
But since they decided to make the whole thing an identity politics issue, they got people riled up.

Eh, I don't think so. The anime community loves to rage at anything remotely western, just look how people reacted at Netflix's investing in anime, even though literally nothing changed and we got a fairly unique shows (Devilman) and a bunch of shows no one seems to care.
Aug 30, 2018 7:53 AM

Feb 2010
God save us all, do we really need another thread that's just gonna turn into a platform where anti-SJWs circlejerk about how the evil agenda of diversity will ruin everyone's lifes and hobbies and the majority of the rest just parroting what they say because that's the cool way to react to anything more progressive than stoning homosexuals these days?

Ideally sprinkled with some 'muh propaganda, muh censorship, muh freedom of expression, but HOW DARE THEY CREATE A SHOW WITH WHOSE VALUES I DISAGREE THEY SHOULD BE BANNED AND EXILED FOR THAT CRIME AGAINST MY PERSONAL POLITICAL STANCE' arguments.

Remember, it's only propaganda if you disagree with it, otherwise it's not even political. Selective perception is such a useful tool for hypocrites.

No thanks. Not gonna do this all over again. Everything about this topic has been said in the other threads already, and I bet not a single new perspective, new thought, new opinion will be found in this thread that hasn't already been uttered a million times in the other threads. This thread is basically just to make sure the shitstorm keeps going and things don't calm down and rational thought actually takes over. Not sure if intentional by OP, but that is the only effect it will have.
I probably regret this post by now.
Aug 30, 2018 7:55 AM

Jan 2013
Bernrika said:

CondemneDio said:

Eh, I don't think so. The anime community loves to rage at anything remotely western, just look how people reacted at Netflix's investing in anime, even though literally nothing changed and we got a fairly unique shows (Devilman) and a bunch of shows no one seems to care.

I literally wouldn't have even heard of this thing if there wasn't such an uproar over it.
Of course, there'd be some people upset over the show anyway, but nothing this big, really.
Aug 30, 2018 8:01 AM

May 2009
I don't get the fuss over this. Like, I get it superficially, but I just can't bring myself to actually care about the complaints the haters have voiced.

Like with everything else, my position is: let them do whatever they want, and I'll decide when they're done whether I care to watch it, and if I watch it, I'll decide on my opinion then.

The now-infamous "trailer"
shows me a premise that seems vaguely intriguing, and art that could be hit or miss.

I don't give a flying fart about the whatever identity politics stuff, so the outrage over that is a load of nonsense in my opinion. Some artists have opinions on stuff, whoop-dee doo.

ClickBaitBuster said:
but anime series are cartoons too [/bait]
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Aug 30, 2018 8:08 AM

Sep 2014
Oh well.

Welcome back to the mid 20's century everyone...
Aug 30, 2018 8:13 AM
Aug 2016
GlennMagusHarvey said:

ClickBaitBuster said:
but anime series are cartoons too [/bait]
YoU aRe WrOnG.. aNiMe Iz NoT kArToUnZ.. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aug 30, 2018 8:13 AM

Feb 2012
It would have flopped even without the agenda, but it'll probably get a few views from the "controversy". Next Avatar, it was not made to be, which was a respectable project made for people to enjoy.
Aug 30, 2018 8:15 AM

Sep 2017
can't wait for them to drop steven universe 2

Jan 2018
And another witch hunt! Yay. Wait, I thought we burned down this house already. What's left to burn?
Jan 2014
Crunchyroll embodies everything wrong with the West, and it's not why I watch Japanese media. I wouldn't support CR if you paid me double everything I gave to them.
Aug 30, 2018 8:18 AM

Jan 2013
-Placeholder- said:
Crunchyroll embodies everything wrong with the West, and it's not why I watch Japanese media. I wouldn't support CR if you paid me double everything I gave to them.

Now that's just a bit melodramatic.
Aug 30, 2018 8:20 AM
Aug 2018
but it's *current year*.. diversity is everything these days...
isn't CR and it's 100% white, candy cotton, 'let me speak to your manager' hairdo wamen staff so great at that?
apparently they're making a cartoon too. not much in that in their propaganda vid though.
Aug 30, 2018 8:22 AM
Jan 2014
Pullman said:
God save us all, do we really need another thread that's just gonna turn into a platform where anti-SJWs circlejerk about how the evil agenda of diversity will ruin everyone's lifes and hobbies and the majority of the rest just parroting what they say because that's the cool way to react to anything more progressive than stoning homosexuals these days?

Ideally sprinkled with some 'muh propaganda, muh censorship, muh freedom of expression, but HOW DARE THEY CREATE A SHOW WITH WHOSE VALUES I DISAGREE THEY SHOULD BE BANNED AND EXILED FOR THAT CRIME AGAINST MY PERSONAL POLITICAL STANCE' arguments.

Remember, it's only propaganda if you disagree with it, otherwise it's not even political. Selective perception is such a useful tool for hypocrites.

No thanks. Not gonna do this all over again. Everything about this topic has been said in the other threads already, and I bet not a single new perspective, new thought, new opinion will be found in this thread that hasn't already been uttered a million times in the other threads. This thread is basically just to make sure the shitstorm keeps going and things don't calm down and rational thought actually takes over. Not sure if intentional by OP, but that is the only effect it will have.

You don't understand what propaganda is. Propaganda is anything which is trying to force you to believe a certain political viewpoint. No, it's not hypocritical to be pro-free speech and still want entertainment media free from propaganda. I have had enough of Western media forcing diversity in to everything, and the last thing I want is a business that is supposed to exist to support the current Japanese anime industry creating more Western pro-diversity propaganda.

CondemneDio said:
-Placeholder- said:

Hardly. Meritocracy is a fundamental aspect to the functioning of Western society, and what does is CR embody that idea that equality of outcome trumps meritocracy.
Aug 30, 2018 8:24 AM

Jan 2013
-Placeholder- said:

CondemneDio said:

Hardly. Meritocracy is a fundamental aspect to the functioning of Western society, and what does is CR embody that idea that equality of outcome trumps meritocracy.

Not quite. Rather than being about equality, it's about getting as many females to work on the show.
Still, you're being ridiculously dramatic over a streaming service.
Aug 30, 2018 8:24 AM
Apr 2018
I wild white knight feminst has appeared

Pullman said:

It’s sad that animegate is going to happen cause of buttshit like this
Aug 30, 2018 8:28 AM
Aug 2018
Pullman said:

Remember, it's only propaganda if you disagree with it, otherwise it's not even political.

I'm not sure what to tell you mayn...
Aug 30, 2018 8:30 AM
Jan 2014
CondemneDio said:
Not quite. Rather than being about equality, it's about getting as many females to work on the show.
Still, you're being ridiculously dramatic over a streaming service.

That is about equality of outcome. The idea that prioritising "diversity" is more important than prioritising excellence and technical skill. That is half of what is wrong with society these days. And this streaming service is just one example of a broader trend, and it's especially insulting when it's about a media service that has connections to Japanese media which I like specifically because it is free from cancerous Western politics.
Aug 30, 2018 8:37 AM

Nov 2008
hazecloud said:
And another witch hunt! Yay. Wait, I thought we burned down this house already. What's left to burn?

The soil, and the water needs evaporating as well.

Aug 30, 2018 9:25 AM

Feb 2010
-Placeholder- said:
Pullman said:

You don't understand what propaganda is. Propaganda is anything which is trying to force you to believe a certain political viewpoint. No, it's not hypocritical to be pro-free speech and still want entertainment media free from propaganda. I have had enough of Western media forcing diversity in to everything, and the last thing I want is a business that is supposed to exist to support the current Japanese anime industry creating more Western pro-diversity propaganda.

CondemneDio said:

How fucking mentall weak can you be if you feel a 1,5 minute concept trailer is forcing you to do, think or feel anything? Seriously, people are just projecting their insecurities over something challenging their values into this whole 'propaganda' narrative. It's pitiful to watch.

The truth is that by definition propaganda needs to be a systematic, organised attempt to manipulate the public opinion. If you could proof that some organization like the democratic party is financing every show that promotes diversity, that would be propaganda. Individual, random people all over the globe believing in the same values and, if they are in the media or entertainment industry, wanting to write or talk about them, can never be propaganda no matter how much you disagree with their political stance. Even if a bunch of them form a Studio together to make an anime. It's still just entertainment that, like any entertainment, includes some of the values of their creators. In this case in a much more transparent way than in most other works, I might add.

Creators put their personal values in their work and like it or not, a lot of people, a lot of content creators simply want to put progressive values in their works because they believe in them. Being against that is being for censorship of ideas, whether you can see that or not, and calling creators doing what they believe in 'propaganda' is just a really pathetic way of trying to undermine the legitimacy of people holding these values, as if there was just one evil organization brainwashing people and forcing them to spread those values.

No, there is no conspiracy, to evil manipulative organization behind everything. It might scare you and your anti-SJW friends to think of this as something that isn't just easily blamed on one entity with a manipulative agenda, but the reality is that there are millions of people who on their own concluded that they like and prefer progressive values and everyone of them has just as much of a right to express themselves and their values in animation or any other medium as every other creator. They even have a right to express them more explicitly than others if they choose to do so. That changes nothing about the principle at play here, which is freedom of expression.

The really ironic thing is that these projects that announce being about diversity (or anything, really) from the start are actually the farthest away from actual manipulative propaganda. They say loudly and clearly what they are about, there is no manipulation, no hidden agenda, it's all in the open from the start and people can decide very early on whether they are even interested to keep up with it in any capacity.

On the other hand until just recently there was not much diversity in most movies or series and it is documented how often white people were cast over other actors just to keep everything as white as possible even if it didn't fit the setting or role. That's obviously just as much of a political statement as promoting diversity if you go out of your way to keep everything white and to exclude non-white people from a lot of stories. Except it's not being openly said 'we promote whites above others' or anything like that. Hollywood isn't stupid. It's more of a hidden, subtle agenda that played out behind the scenes but wasn't exactly advertised to the public. That sounds a lot more likely to qualify as some sort of propaganda than creators basically screaming at you exactly what values they are gonna push before the show is even created so even the most retarded blockhead won't be unknowingly manipulated into anything.

In conclusion:

1. It's not 'forcing' diversity into anything if the creators just happen to want to promote it out of their own belief in it. It being present a lot these days doesn't mean it's being 'forced' into things, it just means a lot of people care about diversity, period. Or do you see every work in the history of art that doesn't have diversity as 'forcing diversity out of everything'? Exactly. Just deal with the fact that there's a LOT of people who independently like diversity and feel like it's worth promoting, and not just a FEW who force their values onto all those others like you seem to have deluded yourself into thinking based on the vocabulary you use.

2. Propganda can't 'force' you to do anything, so your definition is wrong. What it can do is try to manipulate you, subtly and passively influence your views. Ideally without you even noticing. At least good propaganda does.
Which is literally the opposite of what a concept trailer like the one in question is trying to do. That trailer is all about letting the world know what their plan is, plain and simple. Would you and your anti-SJW friends really have approved of the show not announcing its intentions and just pushing diversity passively? Of course not, because to you the topic of diversity is just generally rejected and all this whining about the nature of the trailer is just cosmetics. No matter how they do it, you would react the same. In the end there is simply no way to create a show that promotes diversity or other values you personally don't like, that wouldn't deeply offend and enrage you and your friends. You just don't want shows like that to exist, period. Am I Wrong?
Just admit it has nothing to do with being framed as propaganda or not, you just hate the idea of seeing diversity being promoted in ANY way in ANY media by ANYONE.
I probably regret this post by now.
Aug 30, 2018 9:26 AM

May 2015
Let them make it! They can spread their propaganda all they want. All these controversial opinions and criticisms aren't going to stop them from making it anyway. Crunchyroll is already going through with it. Let them start the fire, and I'll just be sitting around seeing how well they can control it. If they can contain it, good for them. If they cannot...well...they started it heeheehee...
Aug 30, 2018 9:28 AM
Feb 2014
When will Shadman make art about this show? I'm desperately and anxiously awaiting it.
Aug 30, 2018 9:29 AM

Apr 2018
See we have GIRL CHARACTER, GIRL CHARACTER #2, FAT GIRL CHARACTER, and LESBIAN. This is diversity and these voices need to be heard, no other studio makes good animation, we're gonna fix that.

Aug 30, 2018 9:31 AM

Nov 2016
yeah they had a really terrible anime trailer. they should redo it and make it less boring

the whole thing gives no incentive to watch it. in a community that is very easy to please.
just trying to guilt people into watching it.
Aug 30, 2018 9:34 AM
Feb 2014
ClickBaitBuster said:

Bad goy, we are entering a new age of anime with this avant-garde glass-breaking masterpiece in the making.

Nov 2008
anniechrist said:
See we have GIRL CHARACTER, GIRL CHARACTER #2, FAT GIRL CHARACTER, and LESBIAN. This is diversity and these voices need to be heard, no other studio makes good animation, we're gonna fix that.

lol

The Burger King Kids Club had more diversity than High Guardian Spice.

Oct 2017
We have already 2D animations in the west, we already have anime that touch transgender issues like Wandering Son, lesbians are common currency nowdays and we have already female writers and all female teams like Clamp.

Don't see anything to support this when they decided to make it political instead of showing what the show it's about.

Aug 30, 2018 9:38 AM
Feb 2014
Heimur said:
We have already 2D animations in the west, we already have anime that touch transgender issues like Wandering Son, lesbians are common currency nowdays and we have already female writers and all female teams like Clamp.

Don't see anything to support this when they decided to make it political instead of showing what the show it's about.

They don't need to explain what the show will be about. The statistics of the ultra diverse writing room gives it away.
Aug 30, 2018 9:57 AM
Aug 2016
ComfyRize said:
ClickBaitBuster said:

Bad goy, we are entering a new age of anime with this avant-garde glass-breaking masterpiece in the making.
There was no japanese or even an asian looking guy in that "preview". All I saw was a bunch of mongrel denigrate goys trying their best to make everyone watching them puke out of cringe, there is no way that shit is anime or even good. The designs are ass btw, this crap is gonna flop and even turning it into hentai won't save it.
Aug 30, 2018 9:59 AM
Jan 2014
Pullman said:
-Placeholder- said:

How fucking mentall weak can you be if you feel a 1,5 minute concept trailer is forcing you to do, think or feel anything? Seriously, people are just projecting their insecurities over something challenging their values into this whole 'propaganda' narrative. It's pitiful to watch.

The truth is that by definition propaganda needs to be a systematic, organised attempt to manipulate the public opinion. If you could proof that some organization like the democratic party is financing every show that promotes diversity, that would be propaganda. Individual, random people all over the globe believing in the same values and, if they are in the media or entertainment industry, wanting to write or talk about them, can never be propaganda no matter how much you disagree with their political stance. Even if a bunch of them form a Studio together to make an anime. It's still just entertainment that, like any entertainment, includes some of the values of their creators. In this case in a much more transparent way than in most other works, I might add.

Creators put their personal values in their work and like it or not, a lot of people, a lot of content creators simply want to put progressive values in their works because they believe in them. Being against that is being for censorship of ideas, whether you can see that or not, and calling creators doing what they believe in 'propaganda' is just a really pathetic way of trying to undermine the legitimacy of people holding these values, as if there was just one evil organization brainwashing people and forcing them to spread those values.

No, there is no conspiracy, to evil manipulative organization behind everything. It might scare you and your anti-SJW friends to think of this as something that isn't just easily blamed on one entity with a manipulative agenda, but the reality is that there are millions of people who on their own concluded that they like and prefer progressive values and everyone of them has just as much of a right to express themselves and their values in animation or any other medium as every other creator. They even have a right to express them more explicitly than others if they choose to do so. That changes nothing about the principle at play here, which is freedom of expression.

The really ironic thing is that these projects that announce being about diversity (or anything, really) from the start are actually the farthest away from actual manipulative propaganda. They say loudly and clearly what they are about, there is no manipulation, no hidden agenda, it's all in the open from the start and people can decide very early on whether they are even interested to keep up with it in any capacity.

On the other hand until just recently there was not much diversity in most movies or series and it is documented how often white people were cast over other actors just to keep everything as white as possible even if it didn't fit the setting or role. That's obviously just as much of a political statement as promoting diversity if you go out of your way to keep everything white and to exclude non-white people from a lot of stories. Except it's not being openly said 'we promote whites above others' or anything like that. Hollywood isn't stupid. It's more of a hidden, subtle agenda that played out behind the scenes but wasn't exactly advertised to the public. That sounds a lot more likely to qualify as some sort of propaganda than creators basically screaming at you exactly what values they are gonna push before the show is even created so even the most retarded blockhead won't be unknowingly manipulated into anything.

In conclusion:

1. It's not 'forcing' diversity into anything if the creators just happen to want to promote it out of their own belief in it. It being present a lot these days doesn't mean it's being 'forced' into things, it just means a lot of people care about diversity, period. Or do you see every work in the history of art that doesn't have diversity as 'forcing diversity out of everything'? Exactly. Just deal with the fact that there's a LOT of people who independently like diversity and feel like it's worth promoting, and not just a FEW who force their values onto all those others like you seem to have deluded yourself into thinking based on the vocabulary you use.

2. Propganda can't 'force' you to do anything, so your definition is wrong. What it can do is try to manipulate you, subtly and passively influence your views. Ideally without you even noticing. At least good propaganda does.
Which is literally the opposite of what a concept trailer like the one in question is trying to do. That trailer is all about letting the world know what their plan is, plain and simple. Would you and your anti-SJW friends really have approved of the show not announcing its intentions and just pushing diversity passively? Of course not, because to you the topic of diversity is just generally rejected and all this whining about the nature of the trailer is just cosmetics. No matter how they do it, you would react the same. In the end there is simply no way to create a show that promotes diversity or other values you personally don't like, that wouldn't deeply offend and enrage you and your friends. You just don't want shows like that to exist, period. Am I Wrong?
Just admit it has nothing to do with being framed as propaganda or not, you just hate the idea of seeing diversity being promoted in ANY way in ANY media by ANYONE.

propaganda
/prɒpəˈɡandə/
noun
information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote a political cause or point of view.

It's propoganda in the colloquial usage, because it's highly biased and trying to disseminate one point of view, that's what the people making it literally said. And regardless if it's propoganda or not, it's irreverent, that's semantics. The problem is Crunchyroll using money that is supposed to support the anime industry using that money to create media that champions the politics of diversity. People do not pay crunchyroll to for them to disseminate their political viewpoints. And perhaps you should realise this instead of being okay with it because you personally agree with their politics.
Aug 30, 2018 10:15 AM

Apr 2018
If it's really bug you, I doubt your political values are genuine.
Aug 30, 2018 10:28 AM

Nov 2009
-Placeholder- said:
People do not pay crunchyroll to for them to disseminate their political viewpoints.

You pay crunchyroll to get anime subbed. You are getting anim subbed.

What they do with their business is their business, not mine or yours. What's with people acting like they own private companies? Do you also have the same attitude with your supermarket?
Aug 30, 2018 10:35 AM
Jul 2018
TBH it just looks really boring and we already have Little Witch Academia so there's no need for another story like this, unless they do something completely different with it, like it's meant to look all cutesy but by ep 3 everyone dies and the world is now ruled by grasshoppers from Jupiter...
Aug 30, 2018 10:38 AM
Jan 2014
Bernrika said:
-Placeholder- said:
People do not pay crunchyroll to for them to disseminate their political viewpoints.

What they do with their business is their business, not mine or yours. What's with people acting like they own private companies? Do you also have the same attitude with your supermarket?

If a supermarket did the same thing and started only hiring women, I would do the same thing in criticising it and boycotting it.
Aug 30, 2018 10:41 AM

Nov 2009
-Placeholder- said:
Bernrika said:

If a supermarket did the same thing and started only hiring women, I would do the same thing in criticising it and boycotting it.

So now it's about hiring? Keeping moving that goal post. Did they even change their hiring politics anyway?

And for what matters, are you getting less subs from crunchryoll? Because that's what you are paying for.
Aug 30, 2018 10:51 AM
Jan 2014
Bernrika said:
So now it's about hiring? Keeping moving that goal post. Did they even change their hiring politics anyway?

And for what matters, are you getting less subs from crunchryoll? Because that's what you are paying for.

Yes, one of my main criticisms is their 100% women hiring policy. And no, people don't just subscribe to get access to anime. They subscribe for a broad array of subjective reasons. And I assume most of those reasons aren't to help fund a political agenda that they more than likely disagree with. What are you so persistent about criticising my criticism?
Aug 30, 2018 11:03 AM

Nov 2009
-Placeholder- said:
Bernrika said:

Yes, one of my main criticisms is their 100% women hiring policy. And no, people don't just subscribe to get access to anime. They subscribe for a broad array of subjective reasons. And I assume most of those reasons aren't to help fund a political agenda that they more than likely disagree with. What are you so persistent about criticising my criticism?

You seem to have a problem understanding how money transitions work.

They offer a service. You buy that service. What they do with those money is their business. Are you still getting the original service you paid for?

Do you also have a habit of telling people what they should do with "your" money when you pay them?

those reasons aren't to help fund a political agenda that they more than likely disagree with.

Who is this "they"? Why the staff of Crunchyroll, using their own money, should care about this? Should they ring you every time they want to make a decision? What if they want to use those money to "Politicize" something you agree with?

What are you so persistent about criticising my criticism?

Because they do't make any sense. Don't be mad just because you can't create anything.
Aug 30, 2018 11:08 AM
Jan 2014
Bernrika said:
-Placeholder- said:

You seem to have a problem understanding how money transitions work.

They offer a service. You buy that service. What they do with those money is their business. Are you still getting the original service you paid for?

Do you also have a habit of telling people what they should do with "your" money when you pay them?

those reasons aren't to help fund a political agenda that they more than likely disagree with.

Who is this "they"? Why the staff of Crunchyroll, using their own money, should care about this? Should they ring you every time they want to make a decision? What if they want to use those money to "Politicize" something you agree with?

What are you so persistent about criticising my criticism?

Because they do't make any sense. Don't be mad just because you can't create anything.

Do it being a private business mean that I have no right to criticise them? No.

Do I not have the right to criticise anything because I haven't created anything of my own? No.

Do I have the right to boycott a company or advise other people to do the same if the company uses me money to do something I do not like? Yes.

Are your criticisms of me irreverent and a waste of my time to respond to? Yes.
Aug 30, 2018 11:15 AM

Nov 2009
-Placeholder- said:

You have no right to tell them what to do with their money. In the end, you are just mad because they mad a "progressive" anime in your eyes. If the made an alt right wet dream (whatever that is), you would support their freedom of speech and expression.

Are your criticisms of me irreverent and a waste of my time to respond to? Yes.

Are you even a Crunchyroll subscriber?
Aug 30, 2018 11:16 AM

Mar 2014
BURN DOWN THE CRUNCHYTROLL HEADQUARTERS!

CRUNCHYTROLL SHALL PERISH!
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Aug 30, 2018 11:20 AM

Oct 2015
Man, I was guffawing when I saw it. Crunchyroll promises an anime and delivers a stereotypical Calarts beanmouth mess but with anime-style coloring. What is that coloring even called in English? Around here we call it "acetate coloring".

I don't want to disparage transexual people or anything, but between the socjus infesting everything about this and the creator being a trans who worked for fucking Frederator, it's impossible not to see a pattern.

Aug 30, 2018 12:10 PM

Aug 2015
Again? it's like 5th thread about this for the last couple of days.
And I'll say the same thing as I said in other threads: I'm gonna check this show when it airs and only then make any conclusions. Judging show before it airs, before even trailer comes out is ignorance and stupidity.
Aug 30, 2018 12:11 PM
Jan 2014
Bernrika said:
-Placeholder- said:

You have no right to tell them what to do with their money. In the end, you are just mad because they mad a "progressive" anime in your eyes. If the made an alt right wet dream (whatever that is), you would support their freedom of speech and expression.

I have the right to tell whomever I want what to do with their money and they are free to listen or not. No I don't want an "alt-right anime" as politics forced in to anime is cancer. Meanwhile you're just okay with it because you like progressivism.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is an anime good if...

ZeroMajor12 - 5 hours ago

15 by TRC_Randy »»
57 seconds ago

» angry sub only users

Yorda_trico - 2 hours ago

22 by APolygons2 »»
2 minutes ago

» List of characters you want to shoot

dumbandinsane - Today

17 by dumbandinsane »»
4 minutes ago

» Characters that ya think are a Genderbent You

IpreferEcchi - 10 hours ago

13 by Lhundrup »»
14 minutes ago

» Overall, do you rate anime generously or harshly? Why? ( 1 2 3 )

Rinrinka - Apr 8

107 by Platypus900 »»
19 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.