Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu Episode 9 Discussion


#1
Aug 30, 2018 5:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 112327
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So, Shera is getting better at summoning. Also, it seems she can't seem to be able to take her hands off of Rem's body lul.

Looks like Edelgard is back this episode. Poor Rem....
This was was pretty much a buildup episode. I guess they're changing the focus between the two main leads.
 
#2
Aug 30, 2018 7:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 14134
So it seems that Alicia is the crazy one here.
 
#3
Aug 30, 2018 7:22 AM
Shingster

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 2074
Hmm so thats how the enslavement ritual works. It will be quite embarrassing if you ended up being enslaved to a bird though. Shera's summon will be a great asset to her as a spotter though. The bathing scene sure was quite the experience for Diablo. Edelgard's offer sure is interesting and their goals certainly do align too. Diablo sure put Saddeler in his place by reflecting his spell though. Im curious about this ritual though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
#4
Aug 30, 2018 8:10 AM
fanservice<3

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 9839
thats weird

i didn't know William Shatner voiced anime characters



oh boy... the things i would do to Shera...



and the rest of the girls....
Modified by EcchiGodMamster, Aug 30, 2018 8:16 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
#5
Aug 30, 2018 9:19 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 3
Fun ep, good fanservice at the start, Diablo doesn't want to join in the fun? Well that's kinda sad.

All that build-up about Saddler into reversed petrification? Guess that's just how the anime goes. Diablo is at least really cool when he fights.

Does Alicia have something we don't know yet? Next ep should be exciting.
 
#6
Aug 30, 2018 9:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 60
So Alicia was killing adventurers? That bath scene with Rem and Shera lol. Diablo only needed his ring to win against the paladins, and Alicia was scary after that.

The next episode seems to be "how to not summon a loli"
 
#7
Aug 30, 2018 9:53 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 550
hassasin-1001 said:
So Alicia was killing adventurers?



Those were Faltra’s knights.
 
#8
Aug 30, 2018 9:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 60
SNDT said:
hassasin-1001 said:
So Alicia was killing adventurers?



Those were Faltra’s knights.


Thanks, now it makes sense.
 
#9
Aug 30, 2018 10:20 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 989
SNDT said:
Shingster said:
Hmm so thats how the enslavement ritual works. It will be quite embarrassing if you ended up being enslaved to a bird though. Shera's summon will be a great asset to her as a spotter though. The bathing scene sure was quite the experience for Diablo. Edelgard's offer sure is interesting and their goals certainly do align too. Diablo sure put Saddeler in his place by reflecting his spell though. Im curious about this ritual though.

Well, the ritual is...



Wows.....


So judging from the preview the actual demon lord will have incomplete awakening and turns into a loli. I dig that.
 
Aug 30, 2018 10:41 AM

Online
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 4106
I'm really intrigued by the beginning of the episode, as it showed a different side of Alicia.
I'm no special story or anything. I'm just a manga that wants to be read, like you could find anywhere. But, if, for argument's sake, you were to adapt me into an anime series, it would certainly be....a tragedy.

-The Tokyo Ghoul/Tokyo Ghoul:re manga, if they could talk
 
Aug 30, 2018 10:49 AM
なのだ

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 4242
Nice episode, but I'm more interested in what's coming next. Sounded like kamidere loli!
 
Aug 30, 2018 11:02 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 989
thebrentinator24 said:
I'm really intrigued by the beginning of the episode, as it showed a different side of Alicia.


I thought it was a different character first but then I looked more and it's really her lol. She has glowing eyes in the opening so something is definitely fishy.
 
Aug 30, 2018 11:24 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 1080
A boring buildup episode tbh. And there was licking.
 
Aug 30, 2018 12:52 PM
Hitagi's Pet

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 8492
I hate the typical snide, softly spoken closed eyes villain cliché, so it was immensely satisfying when Diablo put that idiot in his place. A shame he didn't off him there and now, but I'll guess we'll see more of him soon enough.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

 
Aug 30, 2018 1:11 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 923
What happened with Alicia? She is literally another person, also somebody noticed that in the opening the red eyes of Alice were more intense?
Apparently the bonds of Diablo and the girls become stronger, Shera has a new partner.
The bath service I liked, I was satisfied, Diablo should have joined the girls.
Edelgarth came back, apparently she wants to work with Diablo to get Krelbskrum and so Rem does not have to die.
Alicia returns to Faltras, it is good to have her in the group (I think, after seeing the beginning of the episode I have my doubts), but she does not come alone, I must say that Saddler was very pathetic, Diablo revealed his cheap tricks and humiliated him to refect his magic and transform hem into a statue, although Alicia wanted Diablo to finish him off.
Rem decides to tell Alicia her secret and she not only accepts it but sympathizes with her and supports her, Diablo feels something strange (I support him, Alicia is acting differently)
Personally Alicia's actions make me think that she can betray them, but it does not seem like it since she wanted Diablo to kill Saddler, what I believe is that Alicia is an ally of the fallen, in fact I would dare to believe that she was the one that informed Edelagarth about Rem
If someone who reads the light novels or the manga (I am reading the Ch.25 in the manga) can confirm my suspicions I will be grateful
 
Aug 30, 2018 2:08 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 550
salbery755 said:
What happened with Alicia? She is literally another person, also somebody noticed that in the opening the red eyes of Alice were more intense?
Apparently the bonds of Diablo and the girls become stronger, Shera has a new partner.
The bath service I liked, I was satisfied, Diablo should have joined the girls.
Edelgarth came back, apparently she wants to work with Diablo to get Krelbskrum and so Rem does not have to die.
Alicia returns to Faltras, it is good to have her in the group (I think, after seeing the beginning of the episode I have my doubts), but she does not come alone, I must say that Saddler was very pathetic, Diablo revealed his cheap tricks and humiliated him to refect his magic and transform hem into a statue, although Alicia wanted Diablo to finish him off.
Rem decides to tell Alicia her secret and she not only accepts it but sympathizes with her and supports her, Diablo feels something strange (I support him, Alicia is acting differently)
Personally Alicia's actions make me think that she can betray them, but it does not seem like it since she wanted Diablo to kill Saddler, what I believe is that Alicia is an ally of the fallen, in fact I would dare to believe that she was the one that informed Edelagarth about Rem
If someone who reads the light novels or the manga (I am reading the Ch.25 in the manga) can confirm my suspicions I will be grateful

 
Aug 30, 2018 2:23 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 923
SNDT said:
salbery755 said:
What happened with Alicia? She is literally another person, also somebody noticed that in the opening the red eyes of Alice were more intense?
Apparently the bonds of Diablo and the girls become stronger, Shera has a new partner.
The bath service I liked, I was satisfied, Diablo should have joined the girls.
Edelgarth came back, apparently she wants to work with Diablo to get Krelbskrum and so Rem does not have to die.
Alicia returns to Faltras, it is good to have her in the group (I think, after seeing the beginning of the episode I have my doubts), but she does not come alone, I must say that Saddler was very pathetic, Diablo revealed his cheap tricks and humiliated him to refect his magic and transform hem into a statue, although Alicia wanted Diablo to finish him off.
Rem decides to tell Alicia her secret and she not only accepts it but sympathizes with her and supports her, Diablo feels something strange (I support him, Alicia is acting differently)
Personally Alicia's actions make me think that she can betray them, but it does not seem like it since she wanted Diablo to kill Saddler, what I believe is that Alicia is an ally of the fallen, in fact I would dare to believe that she was the one that informed Edelagarth about Rem
If someone who reads the light novels or the manga (I am reading the Ch.25 in the manga) can confirm my suspicions I will be grateful




thank you for clarifying my suspicions, I look forward to what will happen.
 
Aug 30, 2018 3:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 3425
I really would like to see Diablo vs Krebskulum but I have a feeling that will literally never happen because this is based on an isekai light novel and those literally go on forever lol
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
 
Aug 30, 2018 3:26 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 550
TheFreycook said:
I really would like to see Diablo vs Krebskulum but I have a feeling that will literally never happen because this is based on an isekai light novel and those literally go on forever lol

It will happen in this season.
 
Aug 30, 2018 3:36 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 6
Alicia informing Edelagarth sounds very likely to have happened.
I'm really interested into what direction they're taking Alicia. As for Edelagarth, i don't know what to think of her right now. I feel like the show didn't show us enough for me to have an opinion or even care about her. But I guess this'll change in the enxt few episodes.
 
Aug 30, 2018 3:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 3425
SNDT said:
TheFreycook said:
I really would like to see Diablo vs Krebskulum but I have a feeling that will literally never happen because this is based on an isekai light novel and those literally go on forever lol

It will happen in this season.
Holy shit forreal?! I'm hype
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
 
Aug 30, 2018 4:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 237
I'm guessing Saddlers comes back a bit later. I like how he looks so generic but then his personality is that of a total psycho lol.

I'm just wondering how they're going to fit this all in 3 episodes without rushing anything.
 
Aug 30, 2018 4:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 411
i wanna lick rem too!

didn't alicia kill all those people at the beginning?

LOL @ the end ...this feels kind of cheap..somethings not right..what is this uneasy feeling in my chest ?

*chibi mode*

no no my poor communication skills and lack of friends make it seem that way LOL hahahaha


pally got owned to quick.. he seemed epic af but they just wrote him off like that ...everything about him was cool ..
Modified by Qio420, Aug 30, 2018 4:47 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Aug 30, 2018 6:45 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 5
So the Demon Lord Krebskulm is a loli... in the end credits there was a picture of her..
 
Aug 30, 2018 6:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 787


a bit uneasy to watch next episode
The MC Guy Dont deserve the best Girl.
 
Aug 30, 2018 7:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 29
Qio420 said:

pally got owned to quick.. he seemed epic af but they just wrote him off like that ...everything about him was cool ..


He will be back, with a VENGEANCE!

But yeah he will be back and he will be a dick.

 
Aug 30, 2018 7:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2877
That Paladin messed with the wrong guy xD Diablo is able to see through his cheap skills xD Can't wait to see them fighting again!
So did Diablo actually felt something "cheap"? Because Alicia's comprehension of the situation was too good to be true, but let's see.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

 
Aug 30, 2018 8:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 137
I was (and still I'm) afraid of Alicia's betrayal :o
 
Aug 30, 2018 8:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 1749
I like that this anime has a good balance of comedy and dead serious moments.

Like when Diablo was saying to Alicia if he should have just killed Sadddler right there, and she just gave him the scariest look like "Yes dumbass KILL HIM" I thought that was pretty cool.

Yo...if Alicia makes a heel turn and goes against the party, Ill be very fucking upset.
"So I told her 'Nice try, Granny' and sent her to the back of the line."

~Newman

Summer 2019 Waifus in Profile
 
Aug 30, 2018 8:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 17434
Need more of dark elf girl pouting.
 
Aug 30, 2018 11:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 326
If that was indeed Alicia at the beginning, having killed all of those knights or soldiers, on the one hand, I have to say that I was fairly surprised... But, on the other hand, I’ve long had suspicions that she wasn’t all prim and proper as she pretended she was, and could turn dark at some point. So, if that’s what this is, whoo-boy!
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~
 
Aug 31, 2018 7:06 AM

Online
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 478
Edelgard's pout <3
Never had enough of it!

The ritual will finally be animated next episode!
Seeing "that thing" next episode will be something I've been looking forward to in this anime adaptation. :v

If you seen the ending song and this episode's preview, you already know who's gonna appear. :3
 
Aug 31, 2018 8:51 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 75
Nice buildup episode.
Diablo, why didn't you join the girls in the bath? :0
Alicia, you are a little bit strange today, I don't like it :(
I really hope the "way" how the demon lord is summoned will not be censored....
 
Aug 31, 2018 10:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 1353
Such lovely fan-service this episode :3 I'm looking forward to the next one
 
Aug 31, 2018 12:49 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 1020
Macesun said:
So the Demon Lord Krebskulm is a loli... in the end credits there was a picture of her..


Well, it looks like you're right about that , cu'z here she is:
 
Aug 31, 2018 12:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 2266
They skipped quite a few things umu
Next week's gonna be good ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
 
Aug 31, 2018 2:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1857
This episode was basically buildup so I am ready for next week already.

Shera's summon was so cute though. I want one. <3
Deliveries go here pls <3
Candy Kingdom
(∩^o^)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
 
Aug 31, 2018 3:13 PM
♤ Yakuza ♤

Offline
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 949
Hopefully we will see DIablo stuggle with the Demon Lord
 
Aug 31, 2018 4:21 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 98
Splendid, Diablo tried to act normal but game won't allow it lol, it'll be more fun if the pact with the bird reflected, Shera's good at summoning but I have a bad feeling that the next demon lord summon in the next episode won't be wat we thought it will be, watch ND see...
 
Sep 1, 2018 4:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 7579
This show keeps getting better and better!
Edelgard is back and wanna help revive the Demon Lord Krebskulm!
I really thought Saddler would be a threat since he's a level 100 but he got petrified by his own spell! nice one Diablo!
5/5.
 
Sep 1, 2018 1:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 8738
Swagernator said:
So it seems that Alicia is the crazy one here.

I'd say Alicia is the sane one, compared to that paladin. She knows what she is doing, even if what she is doing is not nice at all.
It's people like Saddler who give paladins everywhere a bad name.

salbery755 said:
What happened with Alicia? She is literally another person, also somebody noticed that in the opening the red eyes of Alice were more intense?

 
Sep 2, 2018 3:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 13190
I thought that Paladin would ruin the meeting with the Fallen to resurrect the Maou, good thing he got taken care of quickly.

I definitely am not trusting Alicia. She's gonna pull something
 
Sep 2, 2018 1:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 602
The bathing scene was very good. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Sazddler got even a little stoned, ayy lmao.
That 30+ year old boomer that teaches paleontology during a hentai review on MAL. *sips*
Anime was indeed a mistake, since we prefer 2D waifu's over 3D wamen.
 
Sep 4, 2018 8:30 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 579
Shera's summon really suits her skills as archer!

Why Diablo didnt want bath with Rem and Shera! They were okay about that!

I hated to meet Saddeler, such and arrogant person, im glad that Diablo gave him a lesson!

And Alicia is really crazy, didnt know! Suggesting killing Saddeler! (He deserves, for sure!) Maybe he is really dangerous!
 
Sep 7, 2018 9:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1881
Hmmmmm.... Maybe Alicia is a PSYCHO?!

 
Sep 8, 2018 3:35 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 19
can ane one open a discussion about isekai maou 10...
 
Sep 12, 2018 12:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 14411
I have a feeling that the idiot Diablo is gonna regret leaving the idiot Paladin live. The idiocy continues.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
 
Sep 13, 2018 9:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 11038
great to see sadler defeated like that…. Still don’t trust the imperial knight…
 
Sep 17, 2018 4:40 AM

Online
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 3511
Suddenly Alicia is another person lol.
Life has no meaning.
 
Oct 12, 2018 12:58 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 25481
Quite the interesting development, especially that ending! Let's see how the ritual will go!
 
Top
Pages (2) [1] 2 »