Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 29, 2018 12:47 PM
May 2018
I expected some wholesome romance with great development between the couple after the anime, but then we got a nice little love triangle, dragged out for so long, and futaba even dated that guy, not just the usual love triangle...
well I feel betrayed and baited, what did you guys think about the love triangle part?
Jul 29, 2019 1:10 AM
May 2019
Well futaba dating that guy made her (spoilers for end of manga here)

Well it made her and joy getting together more meaningful since she tried to love someone else but she could not, I think this manga was ok,sure, I read it in a day but I think the first chapters where better, it's nice how they got together though
Jul 29, 2019 1:25 AM

Dec 2015
I think it was okay and developed her character nicely but I also feel you, it was a bit frustrating.
•••Everyone wants to connect with someone else•••
~Kiznaiver
Jan 13, 2020 7:52 PM
Jan 2018
Yeah I mean all that happened, yes. But she never said I love you, so, eh I could bear with it.
May 1, 2020 7:19 AM
Mar 2020
(SPOILERS)
I agree that it took pretty long, and I’m not gonna lie, I was annoyed with the whole love triangle thing that happened between them. I didn’t like how Kikuchi tried to ‘compete’ with Kou by trying to make Futaba fall for him more like the way she did with Kou. It kinda showed how insecure he was for doing that, especially when he immediately asked her if she could be his girlfriend because he couldn’t wait any longer (but Kikuchi deserved better, it was pretty depressing bc how they ended)

However, I think that it was necessary to have such a love triangle. Both individuals actually benefited from it, if you think of it in such a way. Kou had to learn how to let go of Narumi after realising who he actually truly cared for which was Futaba, and he went through what SHE went through in the first few volumes, which was to wait (terribly long) for her. Futaba on the other hand, she also managed to figure out who she really loved too, and learned how to be honest with Kikuchi, despite how much he desperately tried to get her to love him back.

The love triangle did create a whole problematic climax to the story which I found was pretty good, although it’s something generic you’d find in any romance anime/manga. It made such a heartwarming ending which brought the two to finally get together after waiting so long & it definitely made me miss the manga once I finished it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 49 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

LittleStar - Feb 11, 2015

107 by Rhaelynne »»
Mar 8, 5:59 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 45 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LittleStar - Oct 11, 2014

98 by CoomSlayer69 »»
Oct 15, 2023 8:32 AM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 23 Discussion

blue-y - Nov 8, 2012

39 by hydumpling »»
Jul 18, 2023 3:09 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LittleStar - Sep 8, 2012

65 by hydumpling »»
Jul 18, 2023 2:38 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 46 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LittleStar - Nov 10, 2014

99 by minnaslay127 »»
Jun 4, 2023 9:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.