Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 29, 2018 4:20 AM

Mar 2016

Please forgive this cheesyness...

Hello avid manga readers! We are currently recruiting staff!
Since this club is managed pretty much by the same team as the Anime Watching Challenges Club, which is quite a job over there, and myself, I am looking for passionate manga enthusiasts to join our ranks. It is not that time consuming in general, but loads of different work is incredibly hard to handle alone. So, to split tasks, I want to build up a dedicated team to manage and run this club. Main goal is to slowly expand the challenge section, as well as some neat stuff for our members in terms of rewards. Hopefully this will result in a more active and steadily growing community.

Beforehand I am asking you of these three things:

1. You are willed to put in some effort and bring yourself into club work.
This might sound harsh, but I am not looking for some half hearted officers. Of course, this is about fun. First and foremost. And I am totally not the ignorant boss this makes me look like probably. But there lays quite some work in this club, which should be respected.

2. Manga knowledge is a big need.
Especially for challenge creators, there is the profound need to have at least a rudimental overview of different franchises, manga styles, eras, genres, magazines and mangakas. Believe me, this makes it so much easier for everyone...

3. Please be a fun person to work with and communicate any trouble you might happen to see! This is a fun place, a fun team and hopefully a fun "job" for your future self. :)

We are currently recruiting:

- VFX/Badges Creator:

You are fairly skilled in card/badge making and want to show off your skills? We are currently looking for card makers and/or badge creators to sweeten up the forum threads and reward our members with neat graphics once they've finished our challenges. Ideally you aren't new to graphic programs and have some creativity to offer. There's a lot to do, but we can help you to a certain degree.

You need to be comfortable working with .gif files!, since we are lacking a bunch of x2 badges for most of our challenges.

A new club layout would be neat, too, but is no must for now.

- Challenge Creator:

We - as well as our members - are looking out for new manga reading challenges all the time. Members have the opportunities to suggest them and we check them, but it is always good to come up with something on our own...
This requires a more than just basic knowledge about manga, as well as a certain degree of creativity. You will be in charge of new challenge ideas and their doability. Baka updates is your second home? Perfect! Because your job consists of checking the availability of translated manga for its intended challenges and if a certain challenge is worthwhile to begin with. Then you will come up with items fitting the general theme of the challenge. We are especially looking for some rather unconventional challenge ideas and collections.

- Challenge Inspector:

Your job will be inspecting the challenge turn-ins in terms of our rules and requirements and keeping the Hall of Fame updated. This job requires communication skills, since you might have to decline a wrongful turn-in and tell the user, what he/she did wrong. You are preferably a patient person to do so. As for now, this job is not time consuming, since the turn-in rate is manageable. But there are still unchecked challenges left.

It should be clear that this is absolutely voluntary. If you happen to have less time to participate in club work, that's totally fine and understandable. But I am not looking for on/off staffers who are appearing and leaving on a whim. Rather than that, I am looking for dependable people, who are probably spending a bit too much time on MAL (and want to use it productively... or so...) and want to build something together with us. You won't be left on your own and if you need any help, we will gladly help you out. No matter what. ;)

If you have any questions, please let me know! If you want to apply for a position, message me.
SchlopsiApr 29, 2020 10:42 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» [Special] Valentine's Day Challenge ( 1 2 )

Schlopsi - Feb 13, 2019

97 by valyrina »»
Apr 19, 2:14 PM

» Halloween Special ( 1 2 3 )

Schlopsi - Oct 5, 2019

105 by valyrina »»
Apr 19, 2:14 PM

» Arts and Crafts Challenge ( 1 2 )

fraideii - Nov 18, 2019

93 by valyrina »»
Apr 19, 2:13 PM

» Shiritori-Challenge ( 1 2 )

Schlopsi - Apr 21, 2018

69 by valyrina »»
Apr 19, 2:12 PM

» Recommendation Challenge ( 1 2 )

Schlopsi - Apr 29, 2018

70 by valyrina »»
Apr 19, 2:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.