Forum Settings
Forums

'Masamune-kun no Revenge' Manga Begins Spin-off Serialization

New
Aug 28, 2018 2:51 PM

Mar 2013

The 2018 October issue of Comic REX magazine revealed on Monday that manga Masamune-kun no Revenge will be receiving a spin-off series titled Masaume-kun no Revenge after school. The new manga will debut in the November issue of the magazine on September 27, and will focus on short stories about the characters, including the protagonists: Masamune Makabe, Aki Adagaki, and Koiwai Yoshino.

Hazuki Takeoka and Tiv launched the original series in Ichijinsha's Monthly Comic REX in October 2012 and the series ended in June 2018; compiling into ten volumes. In January 2017, an anime adaptation by Silver Link. premiered and aired for 12 episodes. The tenth volume of the manga bundled an OVA episode that also tells an after story.

Seven Seas Entertainment licensed the manga in North America and shipped the eighth volume in June. Crunchyroll simulcast the anime while Funimation streamed an English dub.

Source: Tiv's Twitter

News submitted by changelog
Sakana-sanApr 13, 2019 11:36 AM
Aug 28, 2018 2:59 PM
Aug 2016
The ending was shit, they better redeem it in this spin-off or I'm not interested.
Aug 28, 2018 3:01 PM

Jul 2015
burn this piece of shit in the depth of hell :)
Aug 28, 2018 3:03 PM
Jul 2018
ClickBaitBuster said:
The ending was shit, they better redeem it in this spin-off or I'm not interested.

I never plan to read the manga but I thought the anime was okay. Do you mind telling me the ending in a spoiler tag or something?
Aug 28, 2018 3:29 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
ClickBaitBuster said:

I wont go at it as agressively as you do, but I would be lying if I wasnt expecting this spin off to at least give the series a bit more of closure, considering the poor state it ended at.
Aug 28, 2018 3:31 PM
Aug 2016
changelog_ said:
ClickBaitBuster said:

I never plan to read the manga but I thought the anime was okay. Do you mind telling me the ending in a spoiler tag or something?
ClickBaitBusterAug 28, 2018 3:37 PM
Aug 28, 2018 5:07 PM

Mar 2017
Well, at least I can know what happens after.

"๐“•๐“ธ๐“ป ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ,
๐“ฎ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ท ๐“ฏ๐“ช๐“ต๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฝ๐“ธ
๐“—๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ต
๐“ฒ๐“ผ ๐“ท๐“ธ๐“ฝ ๐“ฎ๐“ท๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ฐ๐“ฑ."
๐“๐“ท๐“ฒ๐“ถ๐“ฎ ๐“›๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฝ | ๐“œ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ช ๐“›๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฝ
Aug 28, 2018 7:32 PM

Oct 2017
Another manga that started with an interesting premise and then throw it aside everything that could make it interesting to become another generic property

Aug 28, 2018 9:02 PM
Jul 2018
I mean from what I got the ending at least made sense (I got spoiled so)... I just don't see Yoshino working, especially since she doesn't deserve it personally.

removed-userAug 28, 2018 9:06 PM
Aug 28, 2018 9:44 PM

Nov 2013
Not exactly sure why they thought they could milk more money from people after that garbage ending...

But even thought the ending was bad, it gave enough closure, really don't see any point of a spin-off
WHEN IT RAINS, IT POURS.
Aug 28, 2018 11:47 PM

Jan 2018
Well, hope to see that what happened after that confession.
Aug 29, 2018 2:33 AM

Apr 2016
tragedydesu said:

But wait, this time it was other way around ... the cute girl was the actual bitch, and the actual bitch was the cute girl.
Aug 29, 2018 3:06 AM

Jul 2015
Swagernator said:
tragedydesu said:

But wait, this time it was other way around ... the cute girl was the actual bitch, and the actual bitch was the cute girl.

"this time "... lol
i did read some spoilers and as i expected its just another generic harem

>the nice girl get rejected like always
>the tsunbitch is a bitch like always who treat everyone like a dirt
>they give later in the story some stupid reasons to justify her garbage personality
>the tsunbitch won

nothing else to expect from the harem genre anyway :>
Aug 29, 2018 3:36 AM

Dec 2015
Oh no...

Destinylives said:
Dude the ending wasnt shit lol, you probably read chapter 47 and 48, read 49 and it has the proper ending. Aki and makabe gets together in the end. Heres the link http://mangakakalot.com/chapter/masamunekun_no_revenge/chapter_49
That's why it was shit.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Aug 29, 2018 3:52 AM
Sep 2015
Fuck this, I thought I wouldn't get any angrier after reading that garbage ending two days ago. (just completed it)
And now this? But where's Neko Fujinomiya? She better be there and get more aggressive than before towards Masamune.
So she can finally beat that flat-chested, food beast, tsundere. And please, the author(s) should stop the "pantieless" gag already. (It's not even funny!)
Aug 30, 2018 3:00 AM

May 2013
tragedydesu said:
Swagernator said:

"this time "... lol

>they give later in the story some stupid reasons to justify her garbage personality
>the tsunbitch won

Oh you mean the exact same thing that would happen if boobs won? Everyone being mad at the ending (excluding the people actually being mad cause of how rushed it was) just wanted boobs to win, who was such a disgusting human being really, before you think i just like main girl, no, I don't. I just happen to not look at boobs, imo he should have just stayed in the mountains and no bitch gets to win. but boobs winning would be the most retarded ending cause she just doesn't deserve shit after ruining 2 people's lives, people keep throwing the ''generic'' ending around because main tsundere is actually good later contradicting themselves when boobs is the opposite, starts cute revealed to be a mentally unstable human but it's all good if she won because she has boobs amiright, you can excuse her for ruining those lives but you can't excuse a tsundere main girl developing and having a good personality by the end, how great is that
Aug 30, 2018 3:53 AM
Sep 2015
@JudeMaxwell
You sure he was shipping Masamune x Yoshino?
Because most people likes Neko Fujinomiya here. (according to favorites)
But she just got screwed up and turned a laughing stuck by the author.
Aug 30, 2018 3:54 AM

Oct 2012
Kinue needs more screen time.
ใ€Œๅ‹้”ใชใ‚“ใฆใ„ใชใ„ใ€‚ไบบใฏใ™ใใซ่ฃๅˆ‡ใ‚‹ใ—ใ€ๅญฆๆ กใฃใฆใ„ใ†ใฎใฏ่ชฐใ‹ใ‚’ๆจ™็š„ใซใ—ใชใ„ใจใ‚„ใฃใฆใ‚‰ใ‚Œใชใ„้ฆฌ้นฟๅ…ฑใฎ้›† ใพใ‚Šใ€‚ใพใพใ”ใจใฟใŸใ„ใชๅฝนๆฑบใ‚ใฆใ€ไปฒใฎใ„ใ„ใตใ‚Šใ—ใฆ้ƒฝๅˆใŒๆ‚ชใใชใฃใŸใ‚‰็Ÿฅใ‚‰ใ‚“ใทใ‚Šใ€‚ใใ‚“ใชๅฅดใ‚‰ใจไปฒ่‰ฏใใ—ใŸ ใ„ใจใ‹ๅ…จ็„ถๆ€ใ‚ใชใ„ใ€‚ใ€
Aug 30, 2018 6:44 AM

Jan 2016
Why this lul hasn't ended yet, smh.
Aug 30, 2018 4:54 PM
Jul 2018
JudeMaxwell said:
tragedydesu said:

"this time "... lol

>the tsunbitch won

Oh you mean the exact same thing that would happen if boobs won? Everyone being mad at the ending (excluding the people actually being mad cause of how rushed it was) just wanted boobs to win, who was such a disgusting human being really, before you think i just like main girl, no, I don't. I just happen to not look at boobs, imo he should have just stayed in the mountains and no bitch gets to win. but boobs winning would be the most retarded ending cause she just doesn't deserve shit after ruining 2 people's lives, people keep throwing the ''generic'' ending around because main tsundere is actually good later contradicting themselves when boobs is the opposite, starts cute revealed to be a mentally unstable human but it's all good if she won because she has boobs amiright, you can excuse her for ruining those lives but you can't excuse a tsundere main girl developing and having a good personality by the end, how great is that

THANK YOU!

I mean in all fairness that's fine in itself to not like anyone but from a story's perspective that essentially contradicts everything that the series stands for. Considering the reveal, then of course Yoshino deserved the punishment in that case.

And one can argue that the fact that she developed a relationship with him prior the revelation can justify it, but that makes her look extremely dishonest and played around with it, despite having fun, and not saying it sooner, it made both sides of the coin look like shit. Especially with Aki.

The plot-twist part is not that great I will give you that... but it would have ended even more stupid if Yoshino won, when it literally makes no sense. That's horrible as fuck narrative wise.
Aug 31, 2018 7:29 AM

Dec 2014
That's why Makabe should've just ended up with Kojuurou. Everyone would be happy that way.
Sep 5, 2018 3:41 PM
otp haver ๐Ÿคช

Jul 2017
So it can be a cock tease in the spin-off. Let it burn, theres a million of these.
Mar 27, 2019 4:10 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Already in March next year, still nothing on MAL about this, neither could find it online...
Nov 2, 2019 10:30 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Seems like this was indeed being published and already ended, anyone wanting to read it, google it, isnt hard to find.

Dunno why MAL never bothered to make an entry for this.
Nov 8, 2019 7:49 PM

Nov 2008
Lol at everyone all salty over the ending. You KNOW Yoshino was a piece of shit. Best girl won. :p

More topics from this board

» 'Blackโ˜…โ˜…Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Feb 11, 2022

11 by nisafitri »»
40 minutes ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.