Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Overlord III Episode 8 Discussion

Mar 12, 5:07 PM

I must say I find it odd that anyone can find this to be that entertaining when the result is obvious and there hasn't been a single opponent who has come within shouting distance of matching the guardians nevermind Ainz himself. Might as well be watching a grown man pull wings off of flies. Sooo badass.

I keep hoping this anime will show me something, why I've watched it this long but clearly its just going to be psychopaths torturing the weak. Strange for people to get such enjoyment out of it.

Mar 27, 4:59 PM

oh man, this ep brought quite controversy... =/
I didn't like Ainz's behavior here, NPCs deserve respect too
but ok, it's just a fantasy

RIP

Apr 12, 6:48 AM

This is quite an awesome episode. i really quite loved it :D

Apr 13, 5:44 PM

-2Sadistic4me

-Ainz already displayed his propensity for ruthlessness and mercilessness in season two, so this isn't surprising. His "good" side correlate with the recipient(s) being of use to him or not being in the way. Anyone who happens to be in his path whatsoever when he needs something or performs an act of even slight transgression against him will meet a horrific fate.

-Poor Arche T_T

-Nazerick has entered the world stage! At last, things are about to get interesting. I like how they're intentionally using the invasion of Nazerick by the Baharuth Empire as justification for war, emerging from the shadows and beginning their conquest, even though they don't need any reason whatsoever given who they are. Deliberate use of a diplomatic element.
Modified by ZeroDragon, Apr 13, 5:57 PM

Apr 15, 3:26 AM

ShanAsuna said:

The people who harbor those views are either incredibly stupid or plain cruel. How the hell is it justifiable to torture human beings for all eternity, just for trespassing and attempted theft? The f*ck, it's crazy to give them a death sentence. The Islamic law chops off the hands of thieves and that's already barbaric! What in the world...?! No wonder democracy fails most of the time, we've got a lot of stupid in our midst.
I agree with your points. There’s a lot of sick Fcks who relish the sadism on display in this episode. This is not entertainment, it’s just cheap garbage to manipulate the emotions of a very stupid or sick viewer.

Jun 5, 7:13 AM
WTF?! SHE DIED! I feel so bad for the sisers. holy shit

Jun 11, 6:51 AM

NoviSun said:
ShanAsuna said:

The people who harbor those views are either incredibly stupid or plain cruel. How the hell is it justifiable to torture human beings for all eternity, just for trespassing and attempted theft? The f*ck, it's crazy to give them a death sentence. The Islamic law chops off the hands of thieves and that's already barbaric! What in the world...?! No wonder democracy fails most of the time, we've got a lot of stupid in our midst.
I agree with your points. There’s a lot of sick Fcks who relish the sadism on display in this episode. This is not entertainment, it’s just cheap garbage to manipulate the emotions of a very stupid or sick viewer.

That's not the point.
The point is he doesn't even see them as human beings. Or alive for that matter. For him they are just NPCs. Do you honestly would stop yourself from killing an NPC in any game because you felt it would hurt their feelings? No - you just pull the trigger and the counter keeps going.
Unless it's a character in an RPG with a backstory and shit.

Just wanted to make that point because I don't think this is the reason the show (up until this point) was disgusting. It's that they set up these characters for like 2 episodes only to pointlesly slaughter them. I mean I understand why it happened but what was the setup required? To make us feel for the characters before having them massacred? That is fucked up. Trully fucked up.

Jun 14, 11:00 PM
Nah, i think that not big deal

Jun 28, 3:13 PM

Wow, another anime became typical garbage for pathetic people. Looks like 3 of 4 isekai anime from isekai quartet are total shit and only konosuba is good.

Jun 30, 12:17 PM

Werchiel said:
NoviSun said:

That's not the point.
The point is he doesn't even see them as human beings. Or alive for that matter. For him they are just NPCs. Do you honestly would stop yourself from killing an NPC in any game because you felt it would hurt their feelings? No - you just pull the trigger and the counter keeps going.
Unless it's a character in an RPG with a backstory and shit.

Just wanted to make that point because I don't think this is the reason the show (up until this point) was disgusting. It's that they set up these characters for like 2 episodes only to pointlesly slaughter them. I mean I understand why it happened but what was the setup required? To make us feel for the characters before having them massacred? That is fucked up. Trully fucked up.

yup he thinks hes still in a game just more advanced game

Jun 30, 12:18 PM

Rad_gamer said:
WTF?! SHE DIED! I feel so bad for the sisers. holy shit

expect then to grow up to try to fight ainz one day, its so typical in stories like this

Jul 10, 11:52 PM

Shalltear squealing when Ains took his robe off made me laugh like hell

But then everything that came after that made me really sad :( I was hoping for Arche to make it back for her sisters but I guess they had to remind us why Ains is the OVERLORD and not some hero of justice.

The post-credit scene was good though. So it looks like the "noble" that led that expedition was actually the Emperor who was planning to execute some noble to take the fall.

Jul 29, 6:46 PM
Ainz became Bane lmao

Jul 31, 12:08 PM
This episode was depressing, wonder if any of Momongas friends made it?

Aug 2, 10:43 AM

They all went in with high hopes only to be faced with absolute despair, only realizing that there's no way out when death is breathing down their necks. Momonga's wrathful outburst was horrifying even though his usual emotion stability spell was hilarious and I can say the same about the time where he took off his ring to reveal his true power level.

I am well aware that Lord Ains Ooal Gown is fully capable of dishing out indescribable brutality to those who dare oppose him in any way, shape or manner especially when the unlucky ones at the receiving end never met the Supreme Being in his diplomatic mode but I can't help but feel sorry for Team Foresight in this episode, or Arche exclusively in terms of actually feeling pity if I'm being honest. Even though her corpse got chopped up and distributed to the denizens of Nazarick, Arche got off easy with a supposedly painless death because everyone else in the team will be subjected to fates worse than death through experimentation. Her sisters though... Damn.

As much as it saddened me, this episode was still amazing and it truly captured the spirit of the Overlord name more than ever before. That part where Aura and Mare burst into the courtyard on a dragon to threaten war was absolute hype fuel for me.

Aug 10, 1:46 AM

Wow Ainz is merciless af!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.

Aug 13, 7:01 AM

Kajo_Senpai69 said:
They all went in with high hopes only to be faced with absolute despair, only realizing that there's no way out when death is breathing down their necks. Momonga's wrathful outburst was horrifying even though his usual emotion stability spell was hilarious and I can say the same about the time where he took off his ring to reveal his true power level.

I am well aware that Lord Ains Ooal Gown is fully capable of dishing out indescribable brutality to those who dare oppose him in any way, shape or manner especially when the unlucky ones at the receiving end never met the Supreme Being in his diplomatic mode but I can't help but feel sorry for Team Foresight in this episode, or Arche exclusively in terms of actually feeling pity if I'm being honest. Even though her corpse got chopped up and distributed to the denizens of Nazarick, Arche got off easy with a supposedly painless death because everyone else in the team will be subjected to fates worse than death through experimentation. Her sisters though... Damn.

As much as it saddened me, this episode was still amazing and it truly captured the spirit of the Overlord name more than ever before. That part where Aura and Mare burst into the courtyard on a dragon to threaten war was absolute hype fuel for me.

@Vysarine

i only felt bad for the girl and her sisters

Sep 30, 6:44 AM
People often forget that Ainz isn't a good guy. *sigh* poor Arche, you shouldn't have come.
Modified by SomeGuyWithHair, Sep 30, 6:49 AM

Pages (11) « First ... « 9 10 [11]