Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 27, 2018 9:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I just love how nature is protrayed in this episode. The outdoors with the mountainous regions and vibrant backgrounds looks very real.

It's not a sunny for this episode's weather but looks like Aoi still has a good time hanging out with her friend. Kokona also did some outdoor exploring too. The pacing of the episode felt really relaxed and enjoyable.
Aug 27, 2018 10:25 AM

Nov 2007
Continuing from last ep.

365 steps... main girl doesn't feel tired.

Enjoying Onsen vs. Youkan and tea snack. Everyone's thinking about each other.

Many promises made. Kouhai girl got to see Gunma-chan. They met up on the way home. Double Gunma-chan for her actually because main girl gave her the towel, too.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 27, 2018 12:24 PM

Apr 2016
When will they climb that mount Fuji, is what i am wondering.
Aug 27, 2018 12:42 PM

Aug 2013
The episodes are kind of weak if you compare to the ones when they were climbing Mt. Fuji from season 2. I want to see the entire group hikes together again at least once this season.

Kokona and Gunma scene was so adorable.
Aug 27, 2018 2:12 PM

Feb 2013
That onsen part was kawaii.
Hinata is annoying these episodes, she needs to grow up.
Aug 27, 2018 8:02 PM

Mar 2018
"I find your lack of Kaede disturbing"...

feels bad for Hinata but she just need to say what she thinks
Kokona is absolutely adorable <3
Aug 27, 2018 9:39 PM

Nov 2008
Its almost like Hinatas worried about being 'replaced' - I hope they clear this up between them soon; and time to get to Fuji soon or it will be an S4 thing. But another Comfy generally with good scenery and development of the characters .
Aug 29, 2018 7:02 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Hinata’s and Kokona’s hike looked so amazing. That one scene with the river and big mountain in the back as they looked from above the peak.
Ofc Aoi and Honoka’s trip had its good scenes like onsen and how despite the lack of scenery it still made the trip interesting because the area was rich in shops.
Honoka’s brother so laid back lol

Hmm i find it interesting they are adding some instabilty among Aoi and Hinata, while not mad at each other but them spending less time.

Aug 30, 2018 1:04 PM
Apr 2012
Don't get me wrong, I still like the anime, even this season. Lolis and Japanese hills/mountains FTW. (And Honoka is sweetly androgynous and could pass as a boy as well. I like.)
But, is it just my impression or is this season full of product placement and tourist attractions (traps) instead of mountains? It so much screams "sponsored" and I was really missing the mountain hiking theme that gives the series its name.
Maybe they figured out this shortcoming by ep.8/9 and compromised by splitting protagonists among a mountain team and a tourism team? Maybe Gunma tourism association were wondering how to rake in tourists after "Omae wa Mada Gunma wo Shiranai" shorts were finished, and decided to sponsor Yama no Susume this season? After all, originally the girls were from Saitama (Hanno) and not Gunma, weren't they? Well it gave them a reason to introduce the slightly annoying/comic relief older brother as a convenient driver to the Gunma locations...
Personally, I hope the balance will shift towards mountains again.
Aug 31, 2018 11:03 AM

Dec 2017
KarlEMuc said:
Don't get me wrong, I still like the anime, even this season. Lolis and Japanese hills/mountains FTW. (And Honoka is sweetly androgynous and could pass as a boy as well. I like.)
But, is it just my impression or is this season full of product placement and tourist attractions (traps) instead of mountains? It so much screams "sponsored" and I was really missing the mountain hiking theme that gives the series its name.
Maybe they figured out this shortcoming by ep.8/9 and compromised by splitting protagonists among a mountain team and a tourism team? Maybe Gunma tourism association were wondering how to rake in tourists after "Omae wa Mada Gunma wo Shiranai" shorts were finished, and decided to sponsor Yama no Susume this season? After all, originally the girls were from Saitama (Hanno) and not Gunma, weren't they? Well it gave them a reason to introduce the slightly annoying/comic relief older brother as a convenient driver to the Gunma locations...
Personally, I hope the balance will shift towards mountains again.

Honoka-chan was from Gunma in the first place though. Sort of get what you mean,but I Have nothing against it. Just as Isekai izakaya makes you want to try different japanese dishes,yama no susume made me go to Takaosan, and made me want to go to Mitsutoge etc.
Sep 2, 2018 1:31 AM
Jan 2018
Episode 9 and still no Fuji-san climbing. Well at least the scenery during Hinata and Kokona's hike was good. And it's quite a coincidence that Aoi met Hinata and Kokona on the way back home. I still don't see them climbing Mount Fuji anytime soon since it's already episode 9 and the anime's ending. S4 coming? To complete the Mount Fuji climb?
Sep 7, 2018 6:56 AM

Jul 2009
The girls are jealous coz they both can have fun with others, but they still think a lot about each other
Sep 19, 2018 12:49 AM

May 2015
Kokona's got some stamina to climb up mountains compared to Hinata...

Aww Honoka brought a spare towel for Aoi...

HARUNA SHRINE! WAS THAT HARUNA MOUNTAIN? DARN IT! THEY MISSED A PERFECT OPPORTUNITY!

Kokona-chan meets the Gunma-chan!

Aww Hinata, don't feel down. Getting to experience different things separately means that it'll be a whole lot better when you experience them again together!
Oct 1, 2018 9:58 PM

Jul 2016
Honoka surely knows a lot of things regarding the place they were visiting. Some facts she said were really interesting to hear.

It was a nice episode, the way it portrayed the two different scenarios felt correct, it didn't feel abrupt or anything. I really liked it.

Aww Kokona could meet Gunma-chan, that scene was very cute.

And also, Hinata should speak her mind more often. It's not a bad thing you want to spend more time with your childhood friend. And it's not like Aoi is replacing you or anything. I hope this situation doesn't escalate in something more serious.

So, it seems we won't be able to see the group going to Fuji-san since it's already ep. 9 and it's not the best season either. In that case, I hope there's a 4th. season soon.
Nov 4, 2018 4:00 PM

May 2012
Really lovely episode, especially loved that ending! Quite liked the onsen there. Let's see what's next.
Jan 27, 2019 6:39 AM

Sep 2018
I liked the episode in spite of the fact that the narration has traced in an obvious way, the hand on the relationship that is evolving between Hinata and Aoi. Beautiful places shown during the narration, the merit goes to the very detailed graphics and drawings well done.
Feb 12, 2019 3:18 PM

Sep 2011
Unfortunately I'm not too fond of Honoka, so I liked Hinata's side of the story more. I hope they will get through this little phase, Hinata being a bit lonely/jealous is cute, but it shouldn't last for too long.
Nov 8, 2019 9:58 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Really cute and beautiful episode but I hate that drama for nothing
Jan 26, 2021 8:13 AM

Feb 2020
Honoka's brother is a little annoying. xD

SerafosJan 6, 2:21 AM
May 9, 2022 12:53 PM

Aug 2018
Angel bridges, hm?.. Interesting that they are called like that.. These lights, I mean.. At 06:48.. Never heard them being called like that, but I never heard any name for them in the first place.. They are kind of pretty.. I have photo made of them on my phone as well actually, lol..
Yeah, Honoka could join our company more.. ;P She is actually even more often on screen that Kaede this season.. I think she could be added among mains this season personally..
Hinata has a bit of tendency of distancing herself from Aoi, when she shows interest to others..
Oct 3, 2022 2:24 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Ends the adventure of the both dual-groups and I supposse that will start a new arc with a little more intensity!!!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yama no Susume: Third Season Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2018

21 by Sommernacht »»
Dec 6, 2023 7:27 AM

Poll: » Yama no Susume: Third Season Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

18 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Feb 22, 2023 1:49 PM

Poll: » Yama no Susume: Third Season Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2018

27 by quintopia »»
Jan 25, 2023 7:06 PM

Poll: » Yama no Susume: Third Season Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2018

37 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Dec 31, 2022 1:00 AM

Poll: » Yama no Susume: Third Season Episode 4 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

15 by Chaosfromhell »»
Dec 28, 2022 5:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.