Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 26, 2018 12:17 PM

Sep 2017
Do you think the rating would be a lot higher if the mechs weren't in CG? I mean the show is really good, but you just can't ignore the bad CG
Are we really gonna make it..?
Aug 26, 2018 12:28 PM
Jul 2018
what anime series are you talking about OP?
Aug 26, 2018 12:57 PM

Jan 2016
Hatred said:

It literally says Planet With
Aug 26, 2018 1:54 PM
Jul 2018
RobinTheKing said:
Hatred said:

It literally says Planet With

i am legally blind okay
Aug 26, 2018 3:44 PM

Feb 2012
IDK High Score Girl is like full CG and Angolmois has a dumb paper filter that makes it look like shit and both have higher rating.
Sep 4, 2018 5:18 PM

Oct 2013
The CG isn't even bad.

People just see CG and instantly lose interest. Same thing happened with Houseki no Kuni, took a while for people to see past it.
Sep 6, 2018 8:39 PM

Sep 2011
I don't think it'd be a major difference though i do kind of wish it was all just 2d animation, the CGI itself still looks fine at the very least

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 6, 2018 9:15 PM

Sep 2015
nope the show is shit and the only reason a few people hype it up is because their precious Mizukami, Satoshi was involved in the production
N.etorare T.echnical R.esearcher
Sep 7, 2018 4:36 AM

Dec 2013
LaLeLuLiLo said:
nope the show is shit and the only reason a few people hype it up is because their precious Mizukami, Satoshi was involved in the production

Nah this show is actually really good. Especially this second half.
Sep 7, 2018 4:55 AM

May 2012
No, the show would be better if has better story, likable characters and action. It sucks because it lacks these things. CG is not problem. Look Sidonia no Kishi, it uses CG but it is still a good show

thepathSep 7, 2018 5:03 AM
Sep 10, 2018 11:02 PM

Aug 2016
The rating will definitely go up once the show finishes. I think the reason for the low rating is a combination of people not liking the CG and some of the tropes. The CG is quite decent in my opinion, but I can see people getting annoyed at mystery goth loli girl and mega cat being shoved in our faces.
Sep 11, 2018 6:44 AM

Dec 2017
The CG look ok, definitely not Kill la Kill level but doesnt look weird to me at all. And it also enable more action and very impressive sound effect.

The story and character is not really good and there is many room for improvement, but show does not suck. To be fair, this show deserve at least 6-Fine. People always have the tendency to rate shows a bit high, I think we have to look at the meaning of the score such as 7 is good, 8 is very good, etc.

If this show run for 24 episodes and have more time for character building, It could be very good.
Sep 12, 2018 12:12 AM

Jul 2014
The rating is keep increasing, and it will keep increasing until the end I believe. I don't have problem with the CG, I think it is well enough to be enjoyed
Sep 12, 2018 2:24 AM

Aug 2018
I think the second half is really picking up, it does seem to be moving fast. It's hard to judge where the story is going, it has unpredictability and quirkiness in its favour (for now) so it's score could be higher when it finishes, or it could really bomb. I want to see where it goes and resolves, so I'm sticking with it. I wouldn't say it's the best anime of the season though, I currently have it at around 6.
Can I offer you an egg is this trying time?
Sep 12, 2018 3:15 AM

May 2018
thepath said:
No, the show would be better if has better story, likable characters and action. It sucks because it lacks these things. CG is not problem. Look Sidonia no Kishi, it uses CG but it is still a good show

The worst thing in Sidonia no Kishi were exactly the characters, the story and [the missing] action.
Still people loved it very much...because people love crappy high school melodrama and horror setting.
Sep 12, 2018 11:06 PM

May 2015
The rating is lower because of the small amount of people even watching it. The current member count is 18k and the total amount of people who have given it a score is only 3k. I'm fairly confident that maybe a 4th of those scores are from people who dropped the series. This rating is gonna change big time once the anime finishes.
Sep 14, 2018 2:27 AM
Feb 2010
It got a lot better starting from episode 6.
SlashBriarSep 14, 2018 2:33 AM
Sep 14, 2018 7:36 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Finally touching the 7.00.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Sep 15, 2018 12:16 PM
Jan 2017
Seems people are forgetting. 6 means “Fine”. I found it “fine” too, and rated it as such. A bunch more people probably did as well.
Sep 15, 2018 2:43 PM

Sep 2011
DatRandomDude said:
Finally, the show having slightly below a passing score was kind of insane to me given how good the past episodes have been

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 15, 2018 7:07 PM

May 2009
Oni_Zokuchou said:
Seems people are forgetting. 6 means “Fine”. I found it “fine” too, and rated it as such. A bunch more people probably did as well.

Unfortunately most of people use video game rating scale
Sep 15, 2018 7:28 PM

Mar 2012
bastek66 said:
Oni_Zokuchou said:

Unfortunately most of people use video game rating scale

I've seen many people, including myself, say this show is REALLY good. It's honestly excellent, imo. In fact, many of the forum posts i've seen have called it one of the best shows of the season. So I don't think these people are using the scale you used, as I'm sure many, such as myself, still see 6 as 'fine'. In that regard, I consider this show quite great. It has just had a notably lower score than many other shows this season, and out of the 20+ I've been watching it's definitely at the top.
Jan 27, 2019 1:23 PM

Jan 2013
gatchaman crowds did it better despite the cgi powersuits. i dont know nor do i care to know more about the creator of planet with along with his other works. this is a bad story and its painfully obvious. the ratings should be in the fives but people just cant stop hyping jc-trash up huh.
Feb 24, 2019 8:20 AM

Aug 2012
Soon as I heard the Berserk sound design, I closed the window.
Any anime with that kind of sound design behind it is bound to be garbage, period.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."
- Plato
Sep 1, 2019 5:15 PM

Apr 2011
JizzyHitler said:
DatRandomDude said:
Finally, the show having slightly below a passing score was kind of insane to me given how good the past episodes have been

Passing grade is 5/10 in my country, which is how much I rate this anime.
Nov 25, 2019 8:25 AM

Sep 2019
alshu said:
thepath said:

The worst thing in Sidonia no Kishi were exactly the characters, the story and [the missing] action.
Still people loved it very much...because people love crappy high school melodrama and horror setting.
So is it CGI the reason for low ratings for planet with? I also heard CGI is directly proportional to low score.
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Nov 25, 2019 11:44 PM

May 2018
Peeti said:
So is it CGI the reason for low ratings for planet with?

I think I said exactly the opposite...
For me the low score was due to the lack of buzz around it and being a bit different from the mainstream.
- Not an adaptation of popular source.
Yes, it's creator is relatively famous but MAL-ers are not used to fallow authors, mainly brands. Thus they will follow an author only after it's name becomes a brand.
- Not a representative of popular genres.
- Fast pacing and lack of cheap battle shounen tricks to rise the tension artificially. Many people are conditioned to like the opposite.
- Weird designs. People tend to boast how accepting they are but they actually aren't.
- People hate mecha. Not sure why, the explanations are absurd ("I prefer hand to hand battles, those mecha pilots are too safe in their cockpits"...and your average battle shounen character will survive impossible physical damages, recover for the next episode...but mecha characters die like flies...so go figure!).
And this here is not even your typical mecha show (thus not appealing even to the mecha fans) but people are prejudice.
Sidonia no Kishi got a free pass because people failed (miserably) to identify it as mecha and also had tons of stinky teen drama in it which they adore.

In conclusion Planet With is a decent show but without mass appeal. People like different types of anime right now.

Peeti said:
I also heard CGI is directly proportional to low score.

I think this is kind of old perception.
Nowadays we have tons of 3D CGI (many of which trashy) and people are getting used to it.
Nov 26, 2019 12:25 AM

Sep 2019
alshu said:
Peeti said:
So is it CGI the reason for low ratings for planet with?

I think I said exactly the opposite...
For me the low score was due to the lack of buzz around it and being a bit different from the mainstream.
- Not an adaptation of popular source.
Yes, it's creator is relatively famous but MAL-ers are not used to fallow authors, mainly brands. Thus they will follow an author only after it's name becomes a brand.
- Not a representative of popular genres.
- Fast pacing and lack of cheap battle shounen tricks to rise the tension artificially. Many people are conditioned to like the opposite.
- Weird designs. People tend to boast how accepting they are but they actually aren't.
- People hate mecha. Not sure why, the explanations are absurd ("I prefer hand to hand battles, those mecha pilots are too safe in their cockpits"...and your average battle shounen character will survive impossible physical damages, recover for the next episode...but mecha characters die like flies...so go figure!).
And this here is not even your typical mecha show (thus not appealing even to the mecha fans) but people are prejudice.
Sidonia no Kishi got a free pass because people failed (miserably) to identify it as mecha and also had tons of stinky teen drama in it which they adore.

In conclusion Planet With is a decent show but without mass appeal. People like different types of anime right now.

Peeti said:
I also heard CGI is directly proportional to low score.

I think this is kind of old perception.
Nowadays we have tons of 3D CGI (many of which trashy) and people are getting used to it.
When it's come to shows like Vinland saga, they are highly critical of cgi. Is animation really average of Vinland?
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Nov 26, 2019 12:49 AM

May 2018
Peeti said:
When it's come to shows like Vinland saga, they are highly critical of cgi.

Yes, they are a bit vocal about that but the show is still ralatively popular.
Also nobody is complaining about it in SnK and KnY - the most popular shows.

Peeti said:
Is animation really average of Vinland?

For me it is but how is this connected to what we are talking about?
Nov 26, 2019 1:48 AM

Sep 2019
alshu said:
Peeti said:
When it's come to shows like Vinland saga, they are highly critical of cgi.

Yes, they are a bit vocal about that but the show is still ralatively popular.
Also nobody is complaining about it in SnK and KnY - the most popular shows.

Peeti said:
Is animation really average of Vinland?

For me it is but how is this connected to what we are talking about?
In Snk people complain it a lot. It's just Wit studio( animators especially irufumi Imai) do something great in exchange. For KNY, I heard ufotable is good in cgi.
My bad I just wanted to know how is the animation of Vinland saga as I thought if we are talking about CGI and VS. So now, I don't take ma hopes high for that part,lol.
PeetiNov 26, 2019 1:57 AM
Nov 26, 2019 2:38 AM

May 2018
Peeti said:
In Snk people complain it a lot.

But they still adore it.

Peeti said:
It's just Wit studio( animators especially irufumi Imai) do something great in exchange.

From what I have seen from SnK it's a total mess - too much moving elements [i]at wrong angles[/a] relative to one another and with wrong shading.
The static scenes are too static with the wrong not matching the light source shading again. But I dropped it mainly because I hated the writing.
Same problems with Owari no Seraph and Kabaneri (From the last one I watched a whole season just to check if I am missing something but naaah.).
The only good looking show I know from Wit is Mahoutsukai no Yome...too shoujo for my taste tho.

This is why Vinland is watchable for me - it doesn't try too hard.

Peeti said:
For KNY, I heard ufotable is good in cgi.

Sometimes they do it right sometimes they fail miserably (God Eater anyone?).

Dropped KnY after one episode because it's a standartd and sadly too melodramatical battle shounen. None visuals can save it for me...also the excerpts I have seen from it aren't that impressive - have seen better.
Nov 26, 2019 3:24 AM

Sep 2019
alshu said:
Peeti said:
In Snk people complain it a lot.

But they still adore it.

Peeti said:
It's just Wit studio( animators especially irufumi Imai) do something great in exchange.

From what I have seen from SnK it's a total mess - too much moving elements [i]at wrong angles[/a] relative to one another and with wrong shading.
The static scenes are too static with the wrong not matching the light source shading again. But I dropped it mainly because I hated the writing.
Same problems with Owari no Seraph and Kabaneri (From the last one I watched a whole season just to check if I am missing something but naaah.).
The only good looking show I know from Wit is Mahoutsukai no Yome...too shoujo for my taste tho.

This is why Vinland is watchable for me - it doesn't try too hard.

Peeti said:
For KNY, I heard ufotable is good in cgi.

Sometimes they do it right sometimes they fail miserably (God Eater anyone?).

Dropped KnY after one episode because it's a standartd and sadly too melodramatical battle shounen. None visuals can save it for me...also the excerpts I have seen from it aren't that impressive - have seen better.
Well, yes AoT do try hard especially in season 1 and I don't get the hype behind s3p2(especially episode 6, sure voice acting was great tho) but season 2 and s3p1 might be better for ya but let's be fair, It still has a 40% chance to be your thing which is a risk for ya to spend time on it. 59 episodes is a lot of time.
Nov 26, 2019 3:30 AM

May 2018
Peeti said:
It still has a 40% chance

- Since you don't know what I like how could you calculate that?
- Not a chance in the world me liking SnK, it's a (badly constructed) melodrama.
Nov 26, 2019 3:31 AM

Sep 2019
alshu said:
Peeti said:
It still has a 40% chance

- Since you don't know what I like how could you calculate that?
- Not a chance in the world me liking SnK, it's a (badly constructed) melodrama.
60% is always greater than 40%.
How did I calcoolated that, well: It does have it's nice parts. You may like it somewhat like 4/10. It's not like it's all stoopid. Yeah it's not a masterpiece or close to it but still a time-pass.
Actually I gave it a pretty high score of average 5 for it's seasons and that's a special tight rating that I uze.
PeetiNov 26, 2019 3:40 AM
Nov 26, 2019 3:38 AM

May 2018
Peeti said:

Still no reasoning behind those numbers.
The 60% robusta + 40% arabica principle?
Nov 26, 2019 3:41 AM

Sep 2019
alshu said:
Peeti said:

Still no reasoning behind those numbers.
The 60% robusta + 40% arabica principle?
I edited that post. #35 is the post number.
Nov 26, 2019 3:41 AM

Jan 2009
dude the 3DCG is not even low framerate it looks fine
Nov 26, 2019 3:46 AM

May 2018
Peeti said:

So it is the 60% robusta + 40% arabica principle.
But I don't drink coffee.

deg said:
dude the 3DCG is not even low framerate it looks fine

Its models are kind of simple tho.
Nov 26, 2019 3:48 AM

Sep 2019
alshu said:
Peeti said:

So it is the 60% robusta + 40% arabica principle.
But I don't drink coffee.
Oh I see. If you don't drink coffee (even good one) then the average one will lazy your mind. Stay away then or you will have nightmares 👻👻👻😱
Nov 26, 2019 4:24 AM

May 2018
Peeti said:
you will have nightmares 👻👻👻😱

No problem with that.
You will be watching me anyway so please wake me up!
alshuNov 26, 2019 4:51 AM
Mar 17, 2020 5:58 PM

Sep 2007
...getting back on track: I've gone back and bumped it up a point because several times I found myself absentmindedly clicking on a random episode and then OOPS it's 2 hour later and I've watched 6 episodes of it.

It's pretty underrated, IMO. Also I love the ending song and Ginko is adorable.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Planet With Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2018

40 by FreezingKaiju »»
Dec 2, 2023 1:42 AM

Poll: » Planet With Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 12, 2018

43 by InNeedOfAName »»
Aug 25, 2023 5:38 PM

Poll: » Planet With Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2018

56 by InNeedOfAName »»
Aug 25, 2023 4:55 PM

Poll: » Planet With Episode 1 Discussion

TheFreycook - Aug 8, 2018

19 by Eyth »»
Sep 5, 2022 3:58 PM

Poll: » Planet With Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2018

29 by epidemia78 »»
Jul 28, 2022 10:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.