Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen - Kouhan-sen Episode 8 Discussion

Aug 28, 2018 9:08 AM

Have a lot of questions... how did they stop the ship from crashing? is Utsuro dead? Do all my Gintama pairings happen in the future?
“Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth. But the world isn't perfect, and the law is incomplete..." -Alphonse Elric

"Then and now, what I protect has never changed!" -Sakata Gintoki

I'll take anything like The Pet Girl of Sakurasou. Anything as good as that.

Aug 31, 2018 1:43 AM
Manga is ending?!! So this is the last arc??? Nuuuuuuuu!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Aug 31, 2018 3:46 PM
Woh!!! They wrapped up the Silver Soul arc pretty fast!! I thought they would use 12 episodes to do it; but they finished it in just 8 episodes. Yeah BNP did a rush job with this, I think they went way too fast after a steady start. Well the manga has only 4 chapters left before it comes to conclusion. So i am thinking how are BNP gonna adapt the post time skip arc, considering if this 2nd part of Silver soul arc was also of 12 episodes, I don't think they can wrap the entire post time skip arc within 4 episodes. Either they complete it by extending the number of episodes, or they could simply rush through the scenes to speed up, or simply end the show in a cliffhanger!!!!!

Sep 1, 2018 7:22 AM

Ugh Guys , so Otose and Otae really died ?

Sep 1, 2018 7:35 AM
Nou-Tan said:
Ugh Guys , so Otose and Otae really died ?

you'll see tomorrow.
If you want to know NOW,

Sep 1, 2018 9:02 AM
Incredible animation and fight sequence. So many feels, I'm going to watch the episode again!

Really really well done, kudos to Gintama and what it's done for us. Loved Shouyo holding back Utsuro, it was simply a symbolic way of saying.. this time you've lost it because of what you created.

Frankly, I also was surprised that there's going to be a time skip next week. Very excited and extremely sad that such a massive show is finally parting ways.

Sep 3, 2018 9:31 AM

Can anyone explain if Utsuro died or not
“Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth. But the world isn't perfect, and the law is incomplete..." -Alphonse Elric

"Then and now, what I protect has never changed!" -Sakata Gintoki

I'll take anything like The Pet Girl of Sakurasou. Anything as good as that.

Sep 3, 2018 11:52 AM
SHSL Good Luck

GaryMuffuginOak said:
Can anyone explain if Utsuro died or not
Well, without spoiling anything, just remember what Utsuro is made out of and what Utsuro fell into. It will be clarified later in the series though.

Sep 3, 2018 6:04 PM

HOLY SHIEEETTTTT A TIME SKIP !!!?! This is gold , did not expect this. I like how they tried to replicate the first episode. Commence the power creep
Modified by herrickluk, Sep 3, 2018 6:07 PM

Sep 12, 2018 10:39 AM

well this was a shock…what happened to the war.. why the sudden two years skip…ohh I am excited and also sad… truly a great episode..

Oct 25, 2018 7:32 PM

Quite an intense right to the end of this arc to be honest and with 7 more episodes I really do wonder what will happen next!

Dec 21, 2018 2:51 PM

The flashback relating to Sadaharu really just makes me want to hope that he and the Yorozuya can just get back to how they were during peaceful time!

Like the previous ep, this ep got a ton of fast-paced and intensely amazing fights. As per usual to Gintama, everyone hands in their help, in this case giving their life energy so Sadaharu can maintain the Altana gates to be closed. This is really why unlike the prev ep, this ep Utsuro really got his back pushed against the wall by the teamwork of the Yorozuya, Kagura's family and the top 3 Shinsengumi. But of course, Utsuro can still withstand even with no immortality or rapid regeneration.

WHAT? Instant time skip to 2 years forward? This is a first for Gintama!
Shinpachi did what Gintoki did back in ep 3! That's cool to see, but what's even better is that this sort of personality is exactly how Shinpachi in the 2nd movie turned out to be in the future.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jul 13, 7:03 AM

Sooo... just like that? Without any epic moment...meh.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."

Pages (2) « 1 [2]