Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Aug 27, 2018 3:46 PM
Oct 2016
W8 I'm confused this was before the invasion of the titans on the first season? What are the order of the events here?

Eren's father steals the power from the titan, gives it to Eren , Eren kills/eats his own father and then the titans invade?
Aug 27, 2018 4:28 PM

Jun 2016
Catarina_Pereira said:
W8 I'm confused this was before the invasion of the titans on the first season? What are the order of the events here?

Eren's father steals the power from the titan, gives it to Eren , Eren kills/eats his own father and then the titans invade?
Every flashback of Eren's dad in season 1, season 2, and season 3 happened between when the Armored titan broke the gate of wall Maria and Eren's dream in episode 2 season 1.
Aug 27, 2018 5:25 PM

Jul 2012
They actually showed the shit machine LOL.

My roommate walked in on me while on this exact panel. I didn't notice what was on my screen until after it was too late. I couldn't have explained it if I tried, so nothing was said about it LOL.
Aug 27, 2018 5:39 PM

Oct 2015
Ethicalll said:
Catarina_Pereira said:

Every flashback of Eren's dad in season 1, season 2, and season 3 happened between when the Armored titan broke the gate of wall Maria and Eren's dream in episode 2 season 1.
so at the time of their evacuation to the inner walls I presume? When were Armin and Mikasa then, its confusing me as well
Aug 27, 2018 6:04 PM

Feb 2017
So that was how Eren got his powers. By the way, what exactly was inside the pipe? Correct me if I'm wrong, but they never mentioned what exactly that guy was consuming.
Mankind knew that they cannot change society. So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the beasts.
Aug 27, 2018 6:20 PM

Jun 2015
keragamming said:
That is the point though, you're just starting to see the bigger picture here, and the more episodes goes by, the bigger the picture becomes.

It only feels random, because you forgot a lot of foreshadowing in season 1 and 2, that if you watch now will make you say '' now that scene long ago makes sense now''

A lot of the foreshadowing isn't good, having things shoved in your face and then not mentioning it again until later down the line isn't interesting, why should I be interested in the bigger picture when it doesn't feel like there's a conclusive ending? After we find out all these secrets, then what? Will that be the end? It just feels like a story with no motive to me, it's just a fluff series - there's little to no development with important characters, no real impact, a bunch of sporadic writing mixed with cool action scenes.

Though to each their own I guess, I've got nothing against people who like it, I do see the appeal in it, I just feel like it's lost its potential.
"Hurry up with my damn croissants."
Aug 27, 2018 7:15 PM

Jun 2013
Nice seeing baby titan Eren before he gobbled up dada, he was adorable as a big-headed titan. I guess kid titans have that form but then again Ymir also had that form and also Connia's big-headed titan mom.

Nice seeing Frieda fully animated, we only caught a glimpse of her last time with an actual voice.

Can't say who's hotter Titan Annie or Titan Frieda, too bad Frieda got fucked up and Grisha nommed her since she's inexperienced at wielding her titan power. There is so much that still needs to be explained and revealed.

Glad that Ackerman thing was also addressed in the Anime since a lot of people are confused by it.

I'm updated on the manga and can't wait for the latest chapters to be animated but I'm guessing that won't happen until the fourth or fifth season probably two to three years from now.

I'm excited for the next episode.

P.S. the shit machine was amazing LOL Zachary/Zackly is savage.
BibimbapskiAug 28, 2018 2:39 AM
臭い-
Aug 27, 2018 7:30 PM

Oct 2013
TheLonelyCynic said:
keragamming said:
That is the point though, you're just starting to see the bigger picture here, and the more episodes goes by, the bigger the picture becomes.

It only feels random, because you forgot a lot of foreshadowing in season 1 and 2, that if you watch now will make you say '' now that scene long ago makes sense now''

A lot of the foreshadowing isn't good, having things shoved in your face and then not mentioning it again until later down the line isn't interesting, why should I be interested in the bigger picture when it doesn't feel like there's a conclusive ending? After we find out all these secrets, then what? Will that be the end? It just feels like a story with no motive to me, it's just a fluff series - there's little to no development with important characters, no real impact, a bunch of sporadic writing mixed with cool action scenes.

Though to each their own I guess, I've got nothing against people who like it, I do see the appeal in it, I just feel like it's lost its potential.

If that is the mind set you have why are you even watching it now? What is the reason then?

Also I laugh at it lost its potential part, mate you haven't even touch on the core plot of the series yet.

Snk is one of those series the more you learn in later season/chapters, the more you appreciate the series when you rewatch it and see how cleverly the author ties in all the pieces together, that he was building up from years ago, even if you dont like that style of writing, you have to give credit how well planned out his story is at the very least.

I will just say one thing, attack on titan story is very ambitious! What it is going to tackle, is something that is very similar to real life that most anime would shy away from.

By the end of this season, you will understand the true plot of this series, not saying your opinion will change at all, at the wnd of the day one man trash is another man treasure, and it's true.

keragammingAug 27, 2018 7:41 PM
Aug 28, 2018 4:20 AM

Jun 2015
keragamming said:
If that is the mind set you have why are you even watching it now? What is the reason then?

Also I laugh at it lost its potential part, mate you haven't even touch on the core plot of the series yet.

Snk is one of those series the more you learn in later season/chapters, the more you appreciate the series when you rewatch it and see how cleverly the author ties in all the pieces together, that he was building up from years ago, even if you dont like that style of writing, you have to give credit how well planned out his story is at the very least.

I will just say one thing, attack on titan story is very ambitious! What it is going to tackle, is something that is very similar to real life that most anime would shy away from.
I'm watching it for the same reason I watch shows like Boruto and Overlord weekly: because, even though they're all flawed in some way (ones more than others), they're still fun to watch. Plus SnK has some really nice animation at times.

And I shouldn't have to rewatch a show to appreciate it, if it's not that great the first time through, why would I want to watch it again?

I take it you read the manga then, so could you explain to me what the core plot of the series is? I just find it hard to stay engaged with the show 'cause we're halfway through the third season and I still can't find much semblance of a plot, so maybe if I know what I'm supposed to be watching, I may start to enjoy it more.
I will agree the author has done a good job of avoiding plot holes and inconsistencies for the most part, everything that happens seems to connect well with little error.

Not sure what that comment about it being similar to real life is supposed to mean though, the characters act unrealistically a lot of the time.
Off the top of my head the most rational/realistic characters seem to be Levi and Armin, a majority of the other characters feel unmotivated.

- Also I'm not trying to have an argument here, I'm generally curious about other people's perspective on this series and want to try to see this show in a different light, so nothing I'm saying is out of spite or for the sake of argument. :) -
"Hurry up with my damn croissants."
Aug 28, 2018 4:49 AM
Oct 2016
Ethicalll said:
Catarina_Pereira said:

Ty ^^ I understand now :P
Aug 28, 2018 4:56 AM

Jul 2014
Interesting episode, but an extremely high amount of plot threads hanging around that the show is trying to deal with all at once. As such, we probably learnt more than we needed to at once, especially as not everything will be explained anytime soon.
Aug 28, 2018 5:35 AM

Jun 2016
EGOIST said:
Ethicalll said:
so at the time of their evacuation to the inner walls I presume? When were Armin and Mikasa then, its confusing me as well
This will be answered soon, just be patient.
Aug 28, 2018 5:38 AM

Dec 2015
TheLonelyCynic said:
keragamming said:

I'm watching it for the same reason I watch shows like Boruto and Overlord weekly: because, even though they're all flawed in some way (ones more than others), they're still fun to watch. Plus SnK has some really nice animation at times.

And I shouldn't have to rewatch a show to appreciate it, if it's not that great the first time through, why would I want to watch it again?

I take it you read the manga then, so could you explain to me what the core plot of the series is? I just find it hard to stay engaged with the show 'cause we're halfway through the third season and I still can't find much semblance of a plot, so maybe if I know what I'm supposed to be watching, I may start to enjoy it more.
I will agree the author has done a good job of avoiding plot holes and inconsistencies for the most part, everything that happens seems to connect well with little error.

Not sure what that comment about it being similar to real life is supposed to mean though, the characters act unrealistically a lot of the time.
Off the top of my head the most rational/realistic characters seem to be Levi and Armin, a majority of the other characters feel unmotivated.

- Also I'm not trying to have an argument here, I'm generally curious about other people's perspective on this series and want to try to see this show in a different light, so nothing I'm saying is out of spite or for the sake of argument. :) -

We're not halfway through the series, as it doesn't have 12 episodes. Also, if they were to cover a lot of things just to get to the core, the show would just feel rushed and bland. Not to mention they're skipping some things in the manga just to get to the main points.
Aug 28, 2018 5:41 AM

Jun 2016
TheLonelyCynic said:
keragamming said:

Hey, i would recommend rewatching the series, believe me it works. Also, yeah, the "altering memories" thing felt out of place to me either when i first read it in the manga, but after, the story got more depth, and that thing isn't a big deal anymore.
EthicalllAug 28, 2018 5:45 AM
Aug 28, 2018 5:48 AM

Jun 2016
Catarina_Pereira said:
Ethicalll said:

Ty ^^ I understand now :P
Anytime, it's my job as a SnK fan
Aug 28, 2018 9:16 AM

Oct 2013
@TheLonelyCynic As @Emerald_Winter has mention the season is 2 cour like the first season, Younkou said 24 episode.

That's why I said just watch this season to the end and you will understand, the basement reveal all of that is happening this season, and it would not be justice to the series if I gave you the answer, with no context behind it.
Aug 28, 2018 10:16 AM
Oct 2007
woooowww that's a lot of new informations, goosebump all over!!

Took some time to think about the revelation and it seems to me that
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 28, 2018 10:25 AM

Nov 2013
Interested to see why Grisha ate Frieda . Something to do with wanting to obtain her Power of the titan , so he could gain the ability to alter humanity's memories ? We shall see
Also why would his dad want Eren to eat him ...
Aug 28, 2018 12:17 PM
Sep 2015
If it's not heavy spoiler tell me, what was the power of the Grisha titan?
Aug 28, 2018 2:41 PM

Mar 2016
Too much information wow.. but still I can’t believe in what Rod ress said I don’t know it’s look like he lieing for me,,, I’m already scared of the next episode I hope not see another bloodbath like last season:( If they prepared a new weapons their will be a big chance for him to win because the titans gear “I don’t know its name lol” will not be useful against their guns

Is anybody know how historia has a blond hair although her parents have black hair? I wonder about that since her mom showed (if there’s spoilers in it ignore me please)
Aug 28, 2018 3:05 PM
Jul 2018
A lot revealed this episode, Eren ate his father to obtain his powers, who in turn took them from the Reiss family, (allegedly). Hinting pretty heavily at the relation between Kenny, Levi and Mikasa too. Way to end on a cliffhanger after dropping all that. Great Episode! I can't wait for the confrontation in the next one!
Aug 28, 2018 3:21 PM

Dec 2015
TheYellow said:
Is anybody know how historia has a blond hair although her parents have black hair? I wonder about that since her mom showed (if there’s spoilers in it ignore me please)

What...Historia is the illegitimate child of Rod Reiss and they showed her mom in one of the previous episodes...
Aug 28, 2018 3:48 PM

Mar 2016
Emerald_Winter said:
TheYellow said:

What...Historia is the illegitimate child of Rod Reiss and they showed her mom in one of the previous episodes...

I know that I am asking about her hair why she get a blond hair but Rod ress and her mom all of them have black hair
Aug 28, 2018 4:10 PM

May 2012
TheYellow said:
Emerald_Winter said:

I know that I am asking about her hair why she get a blond hair but Rod ress and her mom all of them have black hair

Historia mom did not have black hair
Aug 28, 2018 4:17 PM

Mar 2016
thepath said:
TheYellow said:

Whatever but it’s a dark color 😭
Aug 28, 2018 5:10 PM

Dec 2017
TheYellow said:
thepath said:

Um, I think you are mistaking Frieda Reiss, the young lady with black long hair, as Historia's mother. She was not; she was her older sister (from a different mother).
Historia's mother was the yellowish haired woman who always read books and never talked to her in the previous episode, who later got executed by Kenny Ackerman after the Reiss family incident.
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Aug 28, 2018 5:29 PM

Dec 2017
Emerald_Winter said:
TheLonelyCynic said:

We're not halfway through the series, as it doesn't have 12 episodes. Also, if they were to cover a lot of things just to get to the core, the show would just feel rushed and bland. Not to mention they're skipping some things in the manga just to get to the main points.
I agree with @Emerald_Winter, that was the reason all Tokyo Ghoul adaptations were so disappointing. It's like a rare gem for me, finding such a complex story from a manga getting a proper and faithful adaptation. Hence, become my all-time favorite.

About being similar to real life, I think it's regarding the morale of the characters which we'll find out later, later in the series. So, unlike Boruto and Black Clover, Attack on Titan is aimed more for adult audiences. No need to rush, because it would be worth the wait.

Fun fact: the manga has been categorized as seinen (R18+) in my country since the beginning of the series.
electromagnetoAug 28, 2018 5:35 PM
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

Aug 28, 2018 6:09 PM

Jan 2015
Finally we begin to know more about Eren's past! I've been waiting to know those thing since the first episode of Season 1
Aug 28, 2018 6:42 PM

Mar 2016
crystal-frost said:
TheYellow said:

Um, I think you are mistaking Frieda Reiss, the young lady with black long hair, as Historia's mother. She was not; she was her older sister (from a different mother).
Historia's mother was the yellowish haired woman who always read books and never talked to her in the previous episode, who later got executed by Kenny Ackerman after the Reiss family incident.

Yeh I know her she appeared before frieda (I don’t know how upload photo sadly) but it’s actually not realistic for me lol I feel there is still something about her(historia) I hope they wil explain it soon
Aug 28, 2018 7:33 PM

Jun 2016
TheYellow said:
crystal-frost said:

Yeh I know her she appeared before frieda (I don’t know how upload photo sadly) but it’s actually not realistic for me lol I feel there is still something about her(historia) I hope they wil explain it soon
Historia's mom was blonde.
Aug 29, 2018 3:34 AM

Nov 2009
Nate77 said:
As an anime only, my mind just got exploded.
Gotta wait another week tho crap.

If this was enough to blow your mind, by the end of this season you won't have any brain. Take care and enjoy the ride! ^^
Aug 29, 2018 6:04 AM

Apr 2009
Whoah, that one awful amnesia on demand plot device. I guess, the plot it useless now.
Aug 29, 2018 7:00 AM

Dec 2015
crystal-frost said:
Fun fact: the manga has been categorized as seinen (R18+) in my country since the beginning of the series.

lol it should be categorized under that since the show had violent scenes from the get go
Aug 29, 2018 7:07 AM

Oct 2013
jTiKey said:
Whoah, that one awful amnesia on demand plot device. I guess, the plot it useless now.

That has been established season 1 episode 9, When Grisha said you will not remember, so it's pointless to explain everything to you now, also Ymir and bertholdt also said they don't remember who they ate.
Aug 29, 2018 9:15 AM

Aug 2018
harapeko-kun said:

Well pretty much what Eren's titan is. The Attack Titan, just mobile, has a good punch and is extremely strong.
Aug 29, 2018 9:18 AM

Aug 2018
Shreeder4092 said:
By the way, what exactly was inside the pipe? Correct me if I'm wrong, but they never mentioned what exactly that guy was consuming.

He will be eating everything that comes from his top. Since he is upside down his top is.... well....

Let's just imagine reverse eating and you got a good idea of what's going on. :D
Aug 29, 2018 10:03 AM

Apr 2009
keragamming said:
jTiKey said:

That has been established season 1 episode 9, When Grisha said you will not remember, so it's pointless to explain everything to you now, also Ymir and bertholdt also said they don't remember who they ate.

Their memories weren't erased by Historia's family.
Aug 29, 2018 10:09 AM
Jan 2012
harapeko-kun said:

The same power Eren titan has, just an ability to stay sane, move fast and punch hard. Details will be explained later on.
Aug 29, 2018 10:15 AM

Feb 2017
The_Undying said:
Shreeder4092 said:
By the way, what exactly was inside the pipe? Correct me if I'm wrong, but they never mentioned what exactly that guy was consuming.

He will be eating everything that comes from his top. Since he is upside down his top is.... well....

Let's just imagine reverse eating and you got a good idea of what's going on. :D

Oh dear God. Thank you for the answer!
Mankind knew that they cannot change society. So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the beasts.
Aug 29, 2018 11:05 AM

Mar 2015
jTiKey said:

Their memories weren't erased by Historia's family.

True.
Their memories erased/altered by Titan's power.
Not because Royal bloodline or Historia's family ....
Aug 29, 2018 1:17 PM

Dec 2015
That's spoiler boundary but the royal bloodline plays an important role in the memory manipulation.
Aug 29, 2018 4:31 PM

Aug 2012
keragamming said:

What do you mean? Are you talking about the events that happen after the basement reveal? Not even manga readers know what is eren´s ideology
Aug 29, 2018 6:20 PM

Mar 2015
Emerald_Winter said:
That's spoiler boundary but the royal bloodline plays an important role in the memory manipulation.

I know.
What I want to say, in more detail, whatever events are related to memory (in AOT), whether Titan shifter who lose memory, or memory manipulation, etc., are all related to titan power.
The royal bloodline only has unique abilities or unique effects when they have the power of titan as a titan shifter.
Only Frieda, who could do it at that time, because she's a titan shifter.
And her power probably still at the level of erasing memory with skin contact.
Historia, Rod Reiss and all royal bloodline don't have any power related to the memory (like some people think).
They are all just a candidate for this power.
Aug 29, 2018 6:26 PM

Oct 2013
maem said:
Emerald_Winter said:

I know.
What I want to say, in more detail, whatever events are related to memory (in AOT), whether Titan shifter who lose memory, or memory manipulation, etc., are all related to titan power.
The royal bloodline only has unique abilities or unique effects when they have the power of titan as a titan shifter.
Only Frieda, who could do it at that time, because she's a titan shifter.
And her power probably still at the level of erasing memory with skin contact.
Historia, Rod Reiss and all royal bloodline don't have any power related to the memory (like some people think).
They are all just a candidate for this power.

That is true, and a lot of people have misunderstand that, but hopefully next episode will clear that all up.
Aug 29, 2018 8:30 PM
Aug 2016
HOW THIS ANIME DOES NOT HAVE A RATING OF 10!!!!!! But some shit like boku no kid got a higher score
Aug 30, 2018 5:29 AM

Jun 2016
This is best anime of season alongside Boku no hero and Overlord. Seeing truth of about Grisha,Grisha vs Frieda plus seeing Rod reiss know more than he lets on. This anime follow manga just with different scenes. Loves this anime best of three season and my favourite arc. Animation is perfect

10/10 rating no complains or critism

Aug 30, 2018 5:51 AM

Dec 2017
El_Fuerte said:
HOW THIS ANIME DOES NOT HAVE A RATING OF 10!!!!!! But some shit like boku no kid got a higher score
It's not like everyone could grasp/enjoy a complex story, which is aimed more at adult audiences. So, it's understandable why a shounen series like My Hero Academia gets more spotlight.
While as for me, this series (previous seasons included) is among the best shows I've ever watched so far.

Aug 30, 2018 5:57 AM

Dec 2017
Funseco said:
keragamming said:

What do you mean? Are you talking about the events that happen after the basement reveal? Not even manga readers know what is eren´s ideology
I think he was talking about the morale of the characters (later) in this series, both sides are morally gray; not a good vs. evil shounen-ish thing. That's how it's similar to real life.

Aug 30, 2018 6:20 AM
Nov 2016
Shingeki no Kyojin gets better and better and I already loves season one and two so so much! Last episode was insane! :o Looks like now we're finally getting some answers..

Still didn't understand that one scene with Eren and his father. His father injected him something, and then Eren shifted into a titan and then his father was dead? :/
Aug 30, 2018 7:57 AM

Aug 2012
nekoapril said:
Shingeki no Kyojin gets better and better and I already loves season one and two so so much! Last episode was insane! :o Looks like now we're finally getting some answers..

Still didn't understand that one scene with Eren and his father. His father injected him something, and then Eren shifted into a titan and then his father was dead? :/
You can see the reflection of Grisha in his titan eyes and follows up with him turning back to human form which means that he ate his father.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Sapewloth - Aug 8, 2018

117 by Adrian610 »»
Apr 8, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2018

443 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 6:23 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2018

243 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 5:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2018

214 by Apreggi »»
Mar 19, 4:41 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2018

188 by Apreggi »»
Mar 19, 4:01 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.