Forum Settings
Forums

Any anime that have RECENTLY become a favorite?

New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Aug 24, 2018 3:57 PM

Apr 2015
The only recent anime that came out this past few years (if we're talking about modern anime) that made it on my favorite list were sangatsu no lion and yorimoi. I expect nothing else to touch my favorite list after this two shows for a long time.

As for any recent anime, Ojamajo Doremi was the last good show to make it on my favorites list and that's about it.
Aug 24, 2018 4:00 PM

Aug 2018
3 weeks ago I finish Boku Dake ga Inai Machi (Erased) and it really became one of my favorites animes. I know that a lot of people think that their first episodes were really good but then the anime quality wen a little bit mediocre. In my opinion the final episode went far from what I spected but nevertheless I was satisfied with the end and the anime in general.

PD: sorry for my bad english.
Aug 24, 2018 4:04 PM

Jun 2016
Lunilah said:
McNosky said:
I binged Fate/Zero and His and Her Circumstances over the summer and I LOVED them! Fate/Zero accomplished what I want out of a battle royale series and then-some; and His and Her Circumstances is the most heartwarming rom-com EVER!
I HIGHLY recommend watching the Heaven's Feel timeline then. Not sure if you knew but there are 3 different timelines that follow different plot lines, it's not just a different version/reboot. Unlike SN/UBW which repeats the most mundane things (still great though), the movies don't do this.
I know about the other paths. I've seen SN which i thought was kinda meh and UBW which was good. Because Heaven's Feel is getting a theatrical release i'll just wait till all the movies are out.
Aug 24, 2018 4:09 PM

Oct 2014
McNosky said:
Lunilah said:
I HIGHLY recommend watching the Heaven's Feel timeline then. Not sure if you knew but there are 3 different timelines that follow different plot lines, it's not just a different version/reboot. Unlike SN/UBW which repeats the most mundane things (still great though), the movies don't do this.
I know about the other paths. I've seen SN which i thought was kinda meh and UBW which was good. Because Heaven's Feel is getting a theatrical release i'll just wait till all the movies are out.
Probably going to take another 2-3 years ngl, i'll admit the HF movie has made me super impatient. But it's not often i personally get excited about anime.

I don't believe in the Devil.
You should. He believes in you.
Aug 24, 2018 4:10 PM

Jan 2017
HopefulNihilist said:
thewiru said:
Selector Infected WIXOSS, the most recent one for me to favorite, watched it 1 month ago.

That's surprising. I assumed that because of the show's low rating, it'd be nobody's favorite.

ImMist said:
Violet Evergarden has become one of my favorites recently

It almost became one of my favorites. The visuals, I LOVED beyond measure...but the writing I thought was shit, so I only gave it a 7.

Milennin said:
Konosuba both seasons, 2016-2017, is one of my favourites, and Nyanko Days from 2017 I'd consider my favourite anime of all time.

I watched Konosuba season 2 last year, but recently, I've decided to give it a 9 and make it one of my favorites.

KamijouToumaIB said:
Hinamatsuri
Yuru Camp
Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni.

Isekai Smartphone? Very interesting. I thought everybody either hated that show or was just sort of "meh" on it. Could you tell me what made it one of your favorites?

Mostly, because it just so stupid that I find it very funny and the Light Novels have fueled my love for the series. I am also a huge Yumina fan.
Aug 24, 2018 4:15 PM

Jun 2016
Lunilah said:
McNosky said:
Probably going to take another 2-3 years ngl, i'll admit the HF movie has made me super impatient. But it's not often i personally get excited about anime.
Do you know how many movies it might take to fully adapt HF?
Aug 24, 2018 4:16 PM

Jul 2016
I like to consider my "Favorites List" as my own Top 10 Best Anime Series (currently Top 9). That being said, the last ones I added to said list were:

-Fate/Zero: July/2018 - After re-watching it for the third time, I decided to add it to my list because it's so good. I liked the characters development, the OST, the story and how mature it is.
-Sora yori mo Tooi Basho: July/2018 - I really enjoyed it when I watched it every week while it was being aired. I was considering adding it to my list since then but after re-watching it with my sister, I finally did it. I love everything about this show, its characters, the story and the friendship they all share.
Aug 24, 2018 4:20 PM

Jul 2016
McNosky said:
Lunilah said:

There will be 3 movies. The second one will be release in January/2019 if I'm not mistaken. And the last one will probably be release in 2020.
Aug 24, 2018 4:20 PM

Oct 2014
McNosky said:
Lunilah said:
Just 3 movies, the first and second are 2 years apart, which implies the third one will be another 2 years from the second.

1 - Presage Flower
2 - Lost Butterfly
3 - Unnamed

Aug 24, 2018 4:21 PM

May 2014
How recent we talking? Cause I watched Ashita no Joe 2 a month ago and das like my favourite anime.
Aug 24, 2018 4:23 PM

Mar 2017
Ballroom e Youkoso has recently become my favorite.

"𝓕𝓸𝓻 𝔂𝓸𝓾,
𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷 𝓯𝓪𝓵𝓵𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓲𝓷𝓽𝓸
𝓗𝓮𝓵𝓵
𝓲𝓼 𝓷𝓸𝓽 𝓮𝓷𝓸𝓾𝓰𝓱."
𝓐𝓷𝓲𝓶𝓮 𝓛𝓲𝓼𝓽 | 𝓜𝓪𝓷𝓰𝓪 𝓛𝓲𝓼𝓽
Aug 24, 2018 4:28 PM

May 2018
Well not most favorite but part of the list with favorite titles.

Kidou Senshi Gundam: Thunderbolt (2017)
Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku o! 2
Little Witch Academia (2017)
Lupin the IIIrd: Chikemuri no Ishikawa Goemon
Mahoujin Guru Guru (2017)
Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu: Sukeroku Futatabi Hen
Uchouten Kazoku 2
Yoru wa Mijikashi Aruke yo Otome

B: The Beginning
Hakumei to Mikochi
Hataraku Saibou
Hisone to Masotan
Lupin Sansei: Part 5
Sora yori mo Tooi Basho
Aug 24, 2018 4:33 PM

Apr 2014
golden kamuy.

everything else has sucked majorly as of recent.
Aug 24, 2018 4:33 PM

Sep 2015
Kill la kill. When I first got into anime i tried watching it and thought it was stupid and retarded. Never even got past like episode 10. Watched again like earlier this year and fucking loved it!
Aug 24, 2018 4:39 PM

Aug 2012
Asobi Asobase might go to my favorites if it keeps it's hilarious comedy lvl.
Aug 24, 2018 4:43 PM

Jun 2016
SouthRzVa said:
McNosky said:

There will be 3 movies. The second one will be release in January/2019 if I'm not mistaken. And the last one will probably be release in 2020.
I think I can wait for that? I dunno really...
Aug 24, 2018 4:45 PM

Jun 2016
Lunilah said:
McNosky said:
Just 3 movies, the first and second are 2 years apart, which implies the third one will be another 2 years from the second.

1 - Presage Flower
2 - Lost Butterfly
3 - Unnamed
Maybe I can wait for that? I'm not sure. I guess if i needed a Fate fix I could watch the other series but I haven't heard to much great coming out of those.
Aug 24, 2018 4:50 PM

Oct 2014
McNosky said:
Lunilah said:

1 - Presage Flower
2 - Lost Butterfly
3 - Unnamed
Maybe I can wait for that? I'm not sure. I guess if i needed a Fate fix I could watch the other series but I haven't heard to much great coming out of those.
It's worth the watch, and so is UBW Abridged .

Aug 24, 2018 5:03 PM

Mar 2009
I add more favs to my list nearly every season. I have a list of around 400 favorites (I think).

Recently added- (I will stick to the ones from the last 3 seasons (current one not counted) that I'm sure of. There are a few (around 5 or so from the current season) that I THINK might end up as favorites, but they aren't finished yet. They aren't in any order. Just as I thought of them):

Lost Song.

Pokemon Sun & Moon.

Golden Kamuy.

Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou.

Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii.

Comic Girls.

Uma Musume: Pretty Derby.

Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens.

The Ancient Magus' Bride.

Violet Evergarden.

Hinamatsuri.
Aug 24, 2018 5:11 PM
Aug 2016
No, not really. I have yet to find another favourite.
Aug 24, 2018 5:30 PM
Sep 2012
Hehe Cells at Work is my new guilty pleasure. Equally cute and gory in equal measure!
Aug 24, 2018 5:37 PM

Oct 2017
Yeah, only one though. That is Gintama. It gets amazing after some episodes...
Aug 24, 2018 5:42 PM

Jul 2016
Mononoke after a year of holding it off.
"This little girl, who's not even half my size... taught me that tears can flow even from these silver eyes." - Teresa
Aug 24, 2018 9:18 PM
Jul 2018
HxH and Pandora Hearts I guess. Although it's more like rewatching/re-reading them make me like them even more than when I first watched/read it.
Aug 24, 2018 9:21 PM

Oct 2015
There's definitely a decent pick on my side in the moments that have been, but in recent months, I'll just go for Texholyze since it's the new addition.

𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔫𝔞 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠𝔥 𝔶𝔬𝔲,
𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔫' 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔪𝔶 𝔪𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱

Aug 24, 2018 9:41 PM

Dec 2017
Hibike Euphonium and Evangelion (again)

Why don’t we become monsters and really mess up this awful world? Just destroy until there’s no more evil, no more sadness, no more anything…
Wouldn’t that be great?

Aug 24, 2018 9:43 PM

Feb 2014
HopefulNihilist said:
thewiru said:
Selector Infected WIXOSS, the most recent one for me to favorite, watched it 1 month ago.

That's surprising. I assumed that because of the show's low rating, it'd be nobody's favorite.

If that's the issue i also have Killing Bites as one of my favorites.
Aug 24, 2018 9:45 PM

Mar 2012
Revue Starlight is on my next list to get 9/10. Aside of that there is Garupa Pico just by a virtue of having fun with all of the 5 band.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Aug 24, 2018 11:18 PM

Mar 2018
Psycho pass S1 and Clannad(After story)
Aug 24, 2018 11:21 PM

Feb 2018
Saiki Kusuo no psi nan I finished it a few weeks/months ago and monster I finished it a month ago.
Aug 24, 2018 11:31 PM

Apr 2014
Most recently, K and its sequels. I went in thinking it'd be a generic by-the-numbers anime, but what I got was a fairly unique story, lovable characters, and tons of style. (Those skateboard scenes! <3)

It's not perfect; the first season is kind of rushed, the second is too slow around the middle (the movie was just right :P), and one character gets blatant fanservice shots every time she enters a fight, but it's one of those shows where I can't get enough.
Aug 24, 2018 11:32 PM

Feb 2018
JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Stardust Crusaders 2nd Season
JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai
Aug 25, 2018 12:49 AM
Jul 2018
gurren lagaan and love live both recently became faves for me
Aug 25, 2018 1:06 AM

Nov 2017
I added Now and Then, Here and There just a few days ago. The plot and characters are surprisingly gripping and the music is so goddamn good.
Aug 25, 2018 1:17 AM
Aug 2017
Not really in my favorites, but I watched parasyte the maxim and no game no life zero, enjoyed both a whole lot :3
Aug 25, 2018 1:21 AM

Dec 2013
I finally watched Zeta Gundam and was pretty impressed that it lived up to the hype. Definitely one of the best Gundam shows ever made.
Aug 25, 2018 1:43 AM

Aug 2017
i loved sora yori mo tooi basho aka a place further than the universe a lot. its the most recent addition in to my favorites.
Aug 25, 2018 1:47 AM

Mar 2017
HopefulNihilist said:
EDIT: anime that you've recently WATCHED or rewatched, that just became your favorite.
In my case, unfortunately, no. I've been dropping anime a lot lately, or have been rewatching a few.
Although, a few months ago, after rewatching Kaiji (last time I watched it was years ago) I gave it a 10.
Hinamatsuri made me smile every week. I miss it dearly.
Aug 25, 2018 2:21 AM

Jan 2016
i just watched Nichijou recently (about a week ago). Right after watching it i gave it 10 ratings and added it to my favorite. That anime is the first time to make me laugh so hard after a while.
Aug 25, 2018 2:23 AM

Jul 2017
nhk, obviously

i don't know why i dislike it first when i watched it, but when i picked it up it's my all time favourite now.
Aug 25, 2018 3:10 AM
Ready to Ruffle

Oct 2014
I've had two that I watched this year make it onto my favourites list that I absolutely adore:
Romeo x Juliet
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu: Sukeroku Futatabi-hen
Aug 25, 2018 3:33 AM

Feb 2017
I've mostly knowingly been watching junk for the last few months at least, Saiki K surprised me though.

Lunilah said:

All good, something to note though, all GITS series are independent from each other but are all still based on the same story, and SAC actually has the time to flesh everything out. So if you have the time and have nothing to watch pick up SAC. It's one of the few things that made me retroactively like and understand the original film more.

Yeah it's a dense franchise to get into, I didn't personally have much difficulty with the first films plot but then I basically grew up with sci fi but keeping the different iterations of the franchise straight and tracking them down especially for someone who was new to anime was quite an ordeal but probably good practice for anime's other labyrinthine franchises when next I dive into one. I agree SAC is less artsy, ambigous and opaque than the original film it is however more complex and dense and not something I'd advise people diving into when they want something breezy that said I agree they flesh things out very well, the series has some of the best worldbuilding I have ever seen not just in anime but period. Basically I second the recomendation SAC and it's sequel are the most intelligent anime I've seen.
Aug 25, 2018 5:02 AM
Dec 2017
I've watched a few decent stuff recently, but two managed to make my favourites list which were Akira and Denpa-teki na kanojo. They were both pretty awesome.
Especially Denpa-teki na Kanojo's Ochibana Ame xD
Aug 25, 2018 5:17 AM
Jul 2018

No, but I was impressed by Perfect Blue, to the point that I rewatched it two times on the next few days after the first time.
Aug 25, 2018 5:17 AM
Aug 2018
I'm only 2 episodes into Gallery Fake, though I can guarantee I would have binged through it already if I had the time. It's already become a favourite; it's been a while since I've enjoyed an anime straight from the get-go.

I have also really enjoyed Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii for its refreshing outlook (compared to the idealistic shoujo anime we often see) on adult relationships and as something to relate to as a fellow otaku.
Aug 25, 2018 6:22 AM

Aug 2017
i hadn't been interested in My Hero Academia until season 3 starting airing, and when I started watching it it quickly became one of my favourite anime, because i have generic taste ;-;
Aug 25, 2018 6:39 AM

Jul 2013
So far, Hataraku Saibou (anime/manga) and Medaka Box (manga mostly, the anime was nice, but it ended before things truly got good). The first for being a fun, lighthearted series who teaches you many things about how the cells of your body works (along with an endearing cast of characters), and the later for being one of the most insane and meta battle shounens ever made, that also has the grace of having a very good ending.

I would also include the anime of Rosario + Vampire, in the "dumb, but enjoyable" cathegory along with other projects of that style like Kämpfer or Highschool of the Dead. Hope to like the manga too (even knowing they are very different).
Aug 25, 2018 6:44 AM

Aug 2016
Natsume Yuujinchou, heard of it, started watching it, watched all of it and it's now my favourite anime.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Aug 25, 2018 6:44 AM

Apr 2017
i've been watched bakemonogatari since last year and i didn't really like it but don't know why i'm continuing watch their series...yet right now i really like it XD
If there's really that many people in the world, then there had to be someone who wasn't ordinary. There had to be someone who was living an interesting life. There just had to be. Why wasn't I that person? -Suzumiya Haruhi
Aug 25, 2018 6:45 AM

Sep 2017
sayonara zetsubou sensei,
different style of animation each time , and i also like the ideas behind each part, even though they may not be that funny..
oh and the gore, definitely the gore.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » What's with all the hate from the MAL community towards Anitubers?

Alpha_1_Zero - 34 minutes ago

10 by Lhundrup »»
52 seconds ago

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 3 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

126 by traed »»
2 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 23

96 by EastIndiaCompany »»
3 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

126 by Weeaboo_Bomber »»
9 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows? ( 1 2 )

EverRealm - Apr 23

72 by Pinoffin »»
11 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.