Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Angels of Death
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 24, 2018 6:39 PM

Dec 2012
This was the most disturbing episode of the series. Poor old man...
Aug 24, 2018 6:54 PM

Aug 2015
The edy level of this series is over 9000.

Zack backstory it's stupidly ridiculous and only made me hate him more than before lul
Aug 24, 2018 7:03 PM

Nov 2011
Damn this episode was deep!

Rachel knew all these situations were her fault though. She knew she was a Sinner when she put Zacks name on the elevator and not her.

Dude the DOCTOR!!!

Keep in mind that Green Goop that was splashed on Rachel.

Zack is the fucking man!
SoraSenpaiAug 24, 2018 7:13 PM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Aug 24, 2018 8:45 PM

Jan 2013
I really hope this all gets explained in the future because right now i feel like i'm wasting time :(
I do agree that they deserved it.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Aug 24, 2018 10:54 PM

Oct 2008
poor old man!
That's right Zack! KILL THEM ALL!!!
5/5.

Aug 25, 2018 7:04 AM

Jun 2013
Man, I feel sorry for that poor old, blind man. Let's face it though, we hear stories like this a lot of the time and most people don't care because it didn't happen to someone they know or cared about. I remember a story of an old man being robbed and beaten to death by teens, took his money, tv, etc.

Anyways, I think they're changing the story from the game. I don't remember the old man from the game.

Rachel is going cuckoo.

Danny is back.

Yep, definitely different from the game.
臭い-
Aug 25, 2018 9:47 AM

Apr 2015
Flashback was ok.

Felt simultaneously rushed and slow for some reason.

Probably because the script itself was slow, but it jumped from event to event with minimal in between moments.
Aug 25, 2018 2:51 PM

Jun 2013
Loved the flashbacks for Zach. The couple had it coming. He's my favorite character so far, love his homicidal maniac laughs.

I wonder if Zach is really disfigured. He looks okay to me, so I wonder if his "parents", if they're indeed his real parents, persuaded him he was in order to keep him locked in the house so people would not know his existence. It looks obvious they never sent him to school per example since he doesn't know how to read and write. So I think he either has nothing at all, or he has a scar that they made it bigger than it really is, and kept him in the house. And I wonder, how many people his parents killed and buried in their backward?

I love the serie and I've bought the game the serie is based on, but I want to finish the anime first before playing the game.
Aug 25, 2018 2:52 PM

Sep 2017
Maybe the floor masters regenerate every time they die so as to continue their job. They make these extreme situations so as to define the morality of each soul ..kinda like in "Death Parade" ? My guess is that Rachel is probably dead and she is being judged to going either to heaven or hell, the show is called "Angels Of Death" after all. Also, she knows that she is condemned ( but yet she isn't ready to truly realise and accept it) so she is trying to save Jack's soul ...
dunno just a thought
Aug 25, 2018 2:59 PM
Aug 2018
I'm new here and got recently addicted to anime (real Japanese one), but what's this show about? Which genre would you place it? More of the action kind or the romantic/drama?
Aug 25, 2018 3:02 PM

Jun 2013
I'd say... horror...
Aug 25, 2018 10:00 PM

Mar 2018
Young Zack didn't kill the old man... maybe there's still something good inside him
Aug 26, 2018 1:11 AM
Jul 2018
the story about zack's past man...why did the old man have to die
Aug 26, 2018 1:18 AM

May 2016
Man I loved this episode, that old guy he was going to buy him food I feel sad :-:
Aug 26, 2018 3:43 AM

Nov 2014
Smudy said:
I really hope, there's an actual explanation of why Danny (and prolly all others floor masters) are not dead.

That was actually fairly terrifying what Rachel did there.

Danny isn't dead because he saved himself with the meds on his floor, which is why Ray wasn't able to find any. Which also explains what Gray means when he say that it's Ray's fault that she can't find any

JohnviRomanum said:
I'm new here and got recently addicted to anime (real Japanese one), but what's this show about? Which genre would you place it? More of the action kind or the romantic/drama?

Shounen, Horror, Romance i guess? With a bit of supernatural.

JohnviRomanum said:
Achilliad said:
Maybe the floor masters regenerate every time they die so as to continue their job. They make these extreme situations so as to define the morality of each soul ..kinda like in "Death Parade" ? My guess is that Rachel is probably dead and she is being judged to going either to heaven or hell, the show is called "Angels Of Death" after all. Also, she knows that she is condemned ( but yet she isn't ready to truly realise and accept it) so she is trying to save Jack's soul ...
dunno just a thought

PS: The "Angel" in the title isn't referring to Ray but rather Zack.

JohnviRomanum said:
Achilliad said:
dunno just a thought
Nothingness39 said:
Loved the flashbacks for Zach. The couple had it coming. He's my favorite character so far, love his homicidal maniac laughs.

I wonder if Zach is really disfigured. He looks okay to me, so I wonder if his "parents", if they're indeed his real parents, persuaded him he was in order to keep him locked in the house so people would not know his existence. It looks obvious they never sent him to school per example since he doesn't know how to read and write. So I think he either has nothing at all, or he has a scar that they made it bigger than it really is, and kept him in the house. And I wonder, how many people his parents killed and buried in their backward?

I love the serie and I've bought the game the serie is based on, but I want to finish the anime first before playing the game.

The "Parents" you were talking about were the owner of the orphanage. Zack bandaged himself up because his entire body was burned. So no, it's not just a mark or a scar, it's burned skin all over his body. Didn't you see the odd color around his eyes? That's the color of his skin underneath all the bandages.

JohnviRomanum said:
Achilliad said:
dunno just a thought
Nothingness39 said:

Bibimbapski said:
Man, I feel sorry for that poor old, blind man. Let's face it though, we hear stories like this a lot of the time and most people don't care because it didn't happen to someone they know or cared about. I remember a story of an old man being robbed and beaten to death by teens, took his money, tv, etc.

Anyways, I think they're changing the story from the game. I don't remember the old man from the game.

Rachel is going cuckoo.

Danny is back.

The old man isn't from the game but he IS canon. I forgot where I read it from, but I think it's like a side story written in a light novel format or something. But Zack's history with the old man is definitely canon.
ttcchenAug 26, 2018 3:48 AM
Aug 26, 2018 1:51 PM

Sep 2011
SoraSenpai said:
Rachel knew all these situations were her fault though. She knew she was a Sinner when she put Zacks name on the elevator and not her.

Let's not forget that she remembered everything back in episode 1 :) She knows it very well.

SoraSenpai said:

Keep in mind that Green Goop that was splashed on Rachel.

Actually, it was not really well explained in the anime, but that "green goo" was just Zack's vomit from the beginning of episode 2. Nothing mysterious here. Except from the fact that a vomit threw itself to her after a short chase of course, but we have seen weirder things. After all, Ray was on high drugs thanks to Gray...
"If you wish so ardently for your life to disappear then give it to me!"
Aug 26, 2018 2:12 PM
Aug 2018
I like that we got to see Zack's past and have a little re-run to the previous floors...
Daniels is back, I am not going to ask "how?" because this anime doesn't make any sense at all, but I love it.
Unfortunately, we didn't get any major progress though...
Aug 26, 2018 10:36 PM
Jun 2017
Zach's past has been revealed and it just shown how he became a killer at his young age.

About Rachel, it shown how important Zach is to her as she is doing her best to save him...

Lets see where theyre promise at each other will carry them through... hahaha
Aug 26, 2018 11:21 PM

May 2015
"Why did you shoot them?"
"They were in my way."

"Why are you making me do this?"
"So that I can ascertain what sort of person you are."

I am getting some heavy Catherine/Dante's Inferno vibes here...

Hmm...in the game, did you have the option to choose what you did to proceed to the next floor? And does that alter the game's ending? I'm pretty sure it does, right?

Oh yeah, kill a woman then use her car as your bed!

Zack grew up being surrounded by happy people who prey on the weak...KILL EM ALL!

Danny found Zack...damn it! What happens next! I actually caught up with this anime in one weekend. Keep it going!
Aug 26, 2018 11:57 PM
Jun 2011
Bibimbapski said:

Rachel is going cuckoo.

Danny is back.

the old man is from LN it was an extra for zack backstory
Aug 27, 2018 9:25 AM

Oct 2017
[quote=ttcchen message=55545407]
Smudy said:
I really hope, there's an actual explanation of why Danny (and prolly all others floor masters) are not dead.

The "Parents" you were talking about were the owner of the orphanage. Zack bandaged himself up because his entire body was burned. So no, it's not just a mark or a scar, it's burned skin all over his body. Didn't you see the odd color around his eyes? That's the color of his skin underneath all the bandages.

So it wasn't for nothing when I thought Zack was kinda a weeb version of Jeff The Killer.
Aug 27, 2018 10:31 AM

Apr 2018
I loved this episode cause you get to see zack`s past and normally I hate backround stories but I really loved it. Plus zack was some savage kid
"I killed a guy, I wanted to kill some one so I killed him."
Also, If some thing is in your way...kill them! according to Rachel

And if you see some one that killed someone, Don`t call the police.. KILL` EM ALL.Man this anime is great anyway...
B1uebear_Aug 27, 2018 10:35 AM
Aug 27, 2018 9:52 PM

Nov 2017
poor old man... nice move zack. If i were you, i'll do the same....

so, Zack back story was canon that adapted from novel or manga right? bcoz i dont see that poor old man in the game.....

Then, who is the monster here? obviusly it was Zack!
Ray was referring to angel, but when i finish the game i dont feel that way.
Now Loading.....
Aug 27, 2018 10:44 PM
Jun 2011
bondtux said:
poor old man... nice move zack. If i were you, i'll do the same....

so, Zack back story was canon that adapted from novel or manga right? bcoz i dont see that poor old man in the game.....

Then, who is the monster here? obviusly it was Zack!
Ray was referring to angel, but when i finish the game i dont feel that way.
yes this extra story of zack was in the novel
Aug 29, 2018 6:58 PM

Jul 2015
Look... Rachel... I love you... BUT LIKE EDDIE SAID YOU WERE JUST CRUEL THIS EPISODE. God I feel like shes completely failing the tests. Anyway, aside from the kind of crappy way the zombies died, Id say this was a good episode. Also nice to see Danny's creepy self coming back, makes sense that he'd be able to treat himself, and we never really saw him die either.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Aug 30, 2018 11:17 AM

Jan 2013
Spectacular episode, the intrigue is deepened and the psychological deep-dive has begun. I'm still super-happy about the priest being voiced by Houchuu Ootsuka, voice acting veteran from titles like Zeta Gundam, LoGH and more recently the Yamato 2199 remake.
Sep 2, 2018 6:08 AM

Jul 2008
Everyone is a monster in this show....and everyone is still alive?
Sep 2, 2018 2:08 PM

Nov 2008
WolfWood37 said:
Everyone is a monster in this show....and everyone is still alive?

I'm PRETTY sure Cathy and Eddie are dead....but I haven't played the game so...don't take my word for it. xD

Sep 9, 2018 10:22 PM

Aug 2017
Basically, Abraham makes illusions. Finally, Zack's past, poor blind man. Danny is still alive. Rachel is savage lol.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 12, 2018 8:51 AM

Dec 2014
well background a little….what is happening here… I thought we were at a climax
Nov 2, 2018 8:04 PM

May 2013
Aw, nuuuuuu, grandpa :'( The only person who was good to Zack :(

I wonder if he could've given Zack salvation had he not died and guided him to being a better person.

As expected, Danny-sensei ain't dead.
Welcome back~
I wonder if Rachel didn't notice that she didn't come across his ghost .-.
Nov 5, 2018 11:00 AM

May 2012
Damn that sure was quite the backstory! Pretty dark yet quite impressive. Looking forwards to see what's next.
Nov 23, 2018 10:35 AM

Jan 2015
This episode was a bit boring until Zack's past. I'm curious how Danny (and the others I guess) alive.
Nov 24, 2018 5:11 PM
Nov 2018
JohnviRomanum said:

I know this is a bit late but i had to answer your questio, this anime is a game adaptation and it's mistery/thriller genre with lots of blood and killing, it actually has good main characters in rachel and zack so if you like to ship couples you can.
Jul 5, 2019 11:54 PM

May 2016
With a priest around testing her, Ray could've at least thought about taking the pacifist route but she really didn't give a shit on the way to Danny's floor. It really feels like I'm watching a playthrough of someone who just wanted to finish the game and skips all the dialogue and instructions lmao

I guess that the reason why the medicine's gone is because of Ol' Danny using it all up to plug his hole. Ray at least could've stitched up her friend or used the bandages he was wrapped in to cover the wound if she really was in a hurry but she didn't. Isaac killing because of him feeling like it and a slasher flick was dickish but avenging the old man's reasonable.

Apr 17, 2020 7:45 PM

Jul 2016
ErnaSB said:
This episode was a bit boring until Zack's past. I'm curious how Danny (and the others I guess) alive.

Zack was alittle bit mental here...
Aug 24, 2020 3:54 PM
Jun 2013
wow isaac was extremely lucky his victims were so stupid I guess they deserved to die. I mean how did that lady end up in the ground and slowly waited to be killed and how did a child kill those two people at the end of the episode. I think at this point im just watching for the violence and how weird it can get cause the characters sure aint doing nothing for me.
Oct 18, 2020 2:46 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Why is Danny back oO

Soo more disturbing stuff happened in his past. Like ... he was cursed from the beginning :/
But I really want to know more about Rachel tbh :D

Nov 15, 2021 2:53 PM

Dec 2019
Dang, not the poor old blind man.
Jul 14, 2022 9:55 AM

Jan 2020
Well, that all happened. Uh, at least Zack didn't kill the old man. I was somewhat worried for a minute there. I wonder what happened to the cat?

At least Danny is alive, and the bodies of the rest are missing. Rachel and Zack couldn't even take out the floor bosses properly eh?

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Satsuriku no Tenshi Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2018

166 by Nelelelen »»
Apr 7, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Satsuriku no Tenshi Episode 1 Discussion

TheFreycook - Aug 8, 2018

36 by Elise_Eleanor237 »»
Mar 22, 6:09 PM

Poll: » Satsuriku no Tenshi Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2018

69 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Nov 2, 2023 9:09 AM

» Is it good or bad?

egosumjohn - Jul 31, 2023

30 by IkaruFox »»
Sep 16, 2023 12:31 PM

Poll: » Satsuriku no Tenshi Episode 4 Discussion

TheFreycook - Aug 9, 2018

25 by Waifuspls547 »»
Sep 8, 2023 9:22 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.