Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Kimi-kiss ~ pure rouge Episode 24 Discussion


Oct 27, 2011 4:48 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 516
megara said:
All the people I liked in the anime (Yuumi, Sakino, Kai) got screwed over.
Pretty much this. Even if the outcome was really obvious, I disliked the Mao x Kouichi pairing so much, they don't even match! I have no problems with Futami x Aihara, actually it was kinda cute, but I liked Sakino better...

Poor Yuumi and Kai ;_; He was such a nice boyfriend too... Mao you idiot, playing with his heart like that =(

6/10, I'll maybe put a 7 later if I feel like it, but I don't think so...


 
Dec 16, 2011 3:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 743
This.
Yea. It had the right ending with the feelings the characters were said to have, but felt wrong because they don't match.
Mao x Kouichi - lol, no, just no. One of the worst pairs Ive ever seen. They really simply don't match. While Kai x Mao just felt right.
Futami x Aihara - no real problem with it, Id even say they are better than Sakino x Aihara.
The worst of all - Yuumi. Kouichi liking her felt so damn right, cant stop raging. And leaving her and Kai alone at the end, WTF!? At least they should have been with their friends, damn it!
Bah.

Still, cant rate the anime bad because of the ending - it has awesome art and animation, good VA cast and music. If it had the plot ending to match it would be solid candidate for a 10.
So, 8/10.
Modified by AlexGK, Dec 16, 2011 3:14 PM
 
Feb 12, 2012 3:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 105
Poor Hoshino. :(

Still not accepting the Sanada-Mizusawa pair, just preferred Sanada-Hoshino and Kai-Mizusawa.

Hated how Sanada and Mizusawa lied to both Hoshino and Kai, Sanada was even worse since he lied until the very end.

Good end for the Aihara-Futami-Sakino triangle although.
Modified by Meados, Feb 12, 2012 4:01 PM
 
Feb 25, 2012 10:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 200
cant believed he chose Mao over Hoshino :(
Nope.
 
Feb 27, 2012 7:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3712
Both the main shipped pairings at the end were horrible...

The other choices for both characters were far better as a personality match. I found Yuumi to be really nice for Koiichi and Sakino definitely was a great match for Kazuki.

Shows like this always seem to give a kick to you when you are down.

Have to laugh that it's another series where the main character (In this case Koiichi) falls for literally the first girl he sees in the series. I guessed it at the time but I was hoping I was wrong when I saw how he and Yuumi were at the start.

The drama throughout gets the show a 7 but all in all, it was average for the way they wrapped it up.


 
Mar 9, 2012 10:09 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 479
The only part I didn't like was the pairing of Futami and Kazuki, Sakino x Kazuki was definitely the better matchup, but whatev. Decent show.
 
Mar 21, 2012 12:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 3828
I like Mao more than Hoshino so yeah it was a good final for me.

8/10
Modified by ainky, Mar 22, 2012 12:35 AM
 
Apr 17, 2012 9:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 111734
Pretty predictable who would end up with who in the end although still a sad ending for a particular somebody. Oh well, I enjoyed this series and Amagami SS as well. 9/10.
 
Jul 6, 2012 10:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 282
The last few episodes and the ending left a distasteful afterthought in my mind. The indecisiveness of Kouichi and Mao was starting to annoy me and I'm glad they finally ended up together. I never wanted them to end up together, but whatever.

The saving grace for this show was Yuumi and Aihara x Futami. Yuumi and Futami are the only characters that evolved as the series went on and the romance between Aihara and Futami was much less facepalm-worthy than Kouichi x Mao.

7/10
 
Jul 17, 2012 3:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 211
hmm, isnt Hiba and Yuzuki the same ones from Amagami SS??
 
Sep 3, 2012 6:32 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 28
Predictable, but good ending
 
Oct 19, 2012 5:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 388
Mao and Kouichi are such hateable characters throughout the series. Their indecisiveness, one for dragging Kai and the other for dragging hoshino and then hurting them in the end.
7/10
 
Jan 15, 2013 3:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 24368
most boring romance i watched in my life.....
5/10
 
Feb 1, 2013 2:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 24
Mao hurt both Yumi and Kai in the process of trying to win Kouchi's heart.

I don't think I want to watch this again...Lol

I was hoping Yumi and Kouchi would end up together, oh well...

Overall good plot, except for the last episode.

8/10
 
Apr 30, 2013 12:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 254
Terrible ending! Lots of drama in this series which kept it good. But i hate Kouichi. How dare he did that to Yuumi. It was her last day and just broke up with her during the firepit event (which suppose to be a couple's event i believe). Tired of him mopping IN FRONT OF YUMI! And Mao! Playing Kai and even urging Kouichi to go for Yuumi but steals him away...Mao and Kouichi should have been best friends. Friendzoned like what it is in reality. Even Sakino faced her love problem with Aihara much better than Mao.

6/10
 
Apr 30, 2013 6:14 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 25468
Quite a sweet ending and well a right ending in my opinion while there are still a couple who are in tears I do think the match up is still quite good and who knows what would happen? It's probably for the better for all of them! A sweet bud sad ending all together of this quite enjoyable series!

I quite liked this ending as it's a good finisher for the whole series! I wonder what would have happened if their paths were different!

Good story in general 7/10!
 
May 11, 2013 11:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 186
Aihara x Futami were interesting to watch, but I do feel really bad for Sakino. Not a fan of Kouichi x Mao.
 
Jun 2, 2013 1:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 2089
I'm not sure whose worse. The main character of KimiKiss or the main character of True Tears.

Overall the show was decent because the other love triangle was good, the love square that this show focused on was utter garbage.

Such a lousy ending. Yeah you never loved the other girl? Get out of here you piece of shit.
 
Jun 17, 2013 5:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 130
Disappointing. Kouichi is a flaky son of a b*tch for what he just did. Thank god for anime like Ef; where the girl you fall in love with is the one you STAY in love with.

Long live TRUE vanilla. Kazuki was good as well, he's the protagonist in my opinion.

We never did find out who Mitsuki's fiancee was, oh well.
 
Jun 17, 2013 8:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 367
I can't help but feel Makoto/Kotonoha/Sekai (School Days) really should have gone the route of Kouichi/Hoshino/Mao.

I hate Kouichi but at least Mao's happy.
AND AIHARAXFUTAMI FTW!
きみ は だれ だい?
ぼく は ラムボ!
ぼく は だれ だい?
きみ は ラムボ!
ラムボ なんでし!
 
Jul 20, 2013 5:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 164
The Moe + Kouichi thing felt forced when it was first introduced, but I could accept it, I had my hopes it would just be Moe feeling that way. For episodes I hoped that Kouichis behavior could simply be explained by him kind of losing a friend after her confession, which I would have bought without any major problems. Really disappointing it turned into the regular cliche ending, I was hoping this one would be a smooth one with a kind of different ending than the rest.

On another note, I read the episode threads whenever I watch an anime, and I'm getting annoyed by School Days being brought up everywhere "it's giving me school days feelings", seriously?
Modified by Ntaig, Jul 20, 2013 5:31 PM
 
Aug 19, 2013 8:29 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 483
No. God, no.
I like these kind of romance anime but Kouichi was the biggest jerk I've ever seen in such and these anime have quite a lot of those.
Sure, the clichéd childhood-friend-wins-end is no surprise as it was pretty much clear on ep 23 that this will happen, yet the only thing I could think of was "oh, come on, really?" when Kouichi broke up with Hoshino.
On the other hand she deserves way better than this idiot.
Kouichi got worse and developed this half-assed manner throughout while Aihara lost that.
Only redeeming factor here was the Aihara, Futami, Sakino triangle which was handled quite decent.
6/10
 
Sep 15, 2013 8:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 1293
Mao and Kouichi, I was rooting for them since the beginning. However, the way they handled it was a bit too abrupt. They should have done that at least a couple of episodes earlier.

On the other hand, between Futami and Sakino, I liked the latter much more. Although the ending was somewhat satisfying, it's been too slow paced until the end, with the sudden change of pairing.

I'll give it a 7/10, since I enjoyed it.
Modified by Bernkastle, Sep 15, 2013 1:34 PM
Aliis si licet, tibi non licet.
 
Oct 26, 2013 7:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 29
The KouichixMao ending was meh. It was expected and to me wasn't that interesting. I really liked how Yumi say her goodbyes to Kouichi though. It'll probably be a good start for her at a new school.

I'm not much of a fan for Mao and Kouichi's romance since they really did seem like siblings at the beginning. It seemed forced when Mao started showing hints that she may have feelings for Kouichi after all. Her denial wasn't appealing to watch. I think the "No, it's nothing" line has been used like a hundred times in the story...because NO ONE wanted to talk about ANYTHING...It's frustrating and I just hate when people lie to themselves and others the way that it happend in the anime.

As much as I liked how Futami developed as a character, she did annoy me too at the beginning. It's adorable how she came to experience those novel feelings and how Sakino came to be involved too. This triangle is basically the star of the anime for me and better to watch. So really liked how it ended -- it was sweet. And Aihara is a cute character -- his persistence and how his character was developed was nicely done!

Overall I will give it a 6-7/10.


Forgot to add, but thank goodness that there are two male leads in the story and that the two of them have their OWN romance pursuits and not involved in a rivalry over a girl! So eventhough I wasn't fond of the whole KouichixMaoxYumi triangle I was able to enjoy the romance of the other main characters.
 
Nov 16, 2013 4:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 1096
I liked Kimikiss a lot in the beginning. It was very much like Hatsukoi Limited. All fun, idealistic anime romance. Unfortunately Kimikiss went with too much drama and showed it's true colors with weak and frustrating characters. Especially KouichiXHoshino became a total mess. They spend like 18 episodes creating this couple with memorable scene's and some decent chemistry and then the last few episodes they throw that all out the window for a resolution that seemingly comes out of nowhere.

But as frustrating as KouichiXHoshino was in those last episodes, Hoshino really redeemed herself as a character. Living in an illusion so reminiscent of this other school days romance that I can't quite remember the name of and ending strong with her head held up high. It was character development at it's best, showing the fruits of labor after her entire growth throughout the series. The Aihara triangle was handled nicely if somewhat boringly.

It dipped from a 7 to a 6 in the end. And even through all the annoying parts there were a few really good scene's here. I also have to commend the anime for it's daring ending even if it doesn't feel right. It really is far from happy if you go by sheer numbers.
 
Dec 21, 2013 8:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 99
If it weren't for Aihara x Eriko, I would've dropped this. -_-
The ending seemed rushed and a bit forced. I feel sad for Yuumi. She was a great character in the series. It gives me the heartache seeing her all alone near the fountain. :\ Why Kouichi? Why?

Anyway, YAY FOR Aihara x Eriko! One of the best couples IMO. Aihara being one of the best MC too. Way to go!

This anime got the best lines in romance anime. :>
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Jan 22, 2014 2:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 97
This will forever go down as one of my favorites of the romantic genre. For once in what feels like forever, the childhood friend actually wins.

What really resonated with me and struck close to home is how they ultimately wasted eachother's time. Instead of being honest with themselves from the get go or stating how they feel outright, some of the characters instead chose to put up a facade and ended up with nothing as a result. Yuumi, Sakino, and Kai were all great characters but they were casualties of someone else's indecision. Memories are great, but that's all you'll be left with after you lose the real thing to someone else.

I can't give this show anything less than a 10. It had everything I look for. And when a anime forces feel-good pairings for a happy ending or none at all, this show stuck to it's guns and was ruthless. Love it.
 
Feb 28, 2014 12:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 520
Poor Yuumi-chan >.<
I like how she accepted things. Either way happy I watched it good thing Eriko and Kazuki have a very nice ending :)

7/10 might as well give it 8 because of Eriko and Yuumi :p

Edited :p
 
Mar 12, 2014 1:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 34071
Marathoned the shit out this anime. The story was simple but I liked most of the characters especially Kazuki and Eriko. Felt bad about Yumi at the end but we saw that one coming.......I'm actually fine with the Mao end pairing, but it felt rushed. No masterpiece but a very enjoyable watch.

8/10 Fuck it i'm feeling generous. 9/10

 
Mar 31, 2014 1:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 458
The love quadrangle is awesome, the love triangle is good, the Udon subplot is pointless, and the fictitious movie plot is good.

My mind says 7/10, but my heart say 8/10.

FFS.
 
May 13, 2014 2:48 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 306
Well, I was glad it ended up futami x kazuki but I don't like Kouichi at all. I wish Yuumi would have atleast shed some tears or something after to make it a little more realistic.
 
Jun 3, 2014 7:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 945
True feelings revealed to each other on the last minutes -> i really wanted to see what happen after it, i mean i wanted one or two more episodes after these feeling were revealed....

What i mean? Example.: Mao and Kouchi reveal their feelings to each other at 20 minutes and 50 seconds... after 10 seconds, at 21 minutes: anime is ending.... AFFF REALLY?!

And then, it is only shown Yuumi alone near a fountain, and Sakino on stop in the street standing looking to not know where with a ball on her foot. This is only what they can show us after ?!

Narumi and Nana: I wanted them to appear more in the anime... really wanted to see more development history (in every way - loving, sentimental and etc) of Narumi and Nana... really liked them ...

Kouchi to Yuumi: "i cant see you anymore.." was that really necessary?! For me, this meant: "I'll never be able to see you" ... ever again? Loving or not the other, they passed time together and learned things together ... are friends, of course they can see each other even after of what happened ... it is an act of consideration although they're not dating anymore. A relationship that, despite having ceased to be a true love, i believe that not ceased to be a friendship to be taken into consideration.

I really enjoyed Yuumi and really felt sorry for what she went through in the end, but i liked the couple Mao x Kouchi ... I wanted something good had happened with Yuumi as with Sakino (she was called to the girls' soccer team from another school)

The love between Mao and Kouichi essentially existed, however, Kouchi and Yuumi were together and spend their time together for many episodes of the anime, because of that, the couple Kouchi x Yuumi creates a strong relationship with the viewers, which makes us to have the feeling that the couple Mao x Kouchi is not the "correct". However, as i said, the love between Kouchi and Mao comes from a long time, and when they were together, they do not noticed this feeling, they only noticed when other people started being involved sentimentally and emotionally with them, and thus, began to feel the pain of a felling that they were losing someone they love, and this pain was caused, to both, because of the feeling of true love they had for each other.

I'll score somethings that lead Kouichi to relate with Hoshino: (1) he was bothered by the fact of not having a girlfriend yet; (2) he felt some kind of attraction by Hoshino since ninth grade; (3) He had never had any type of relationship (like a date); (4) Hoshino is a special girl (like Nagisa from Clannad and Ayu from KANON 2006). However, for me, Kouchi was too hasty and wrong to promise something so serious: that will never leave Yuumi and always would visit her despite her change to another school. I think he said it in haste due to the heat of the moment and was involved with the unpleasant situation that was about to occur with Yuumi (moving to another school), and also because of the scores that i quoted above... Furthermore, he did not know until then, his true feelings for Mao: love (seeing her as a woman, not as a "sister").

I did not like the couple Aihara x Futami. I really wished it had been Aihara x Sakino, they combine a lot more and have more interest in common than Futami x Aihara ... Aihara was often rejected by Futami... there was a time that i thought, after being rejected by Futami so many times, would be an opportunity where Sakino and he (Aihara) would be together (and hoped for), but did not occur.

In relation to Eiji Kai, I felt bad for him, but it was not so relevant (not so like i felt for Yuumi and Sakino) for me...

8/10 - 8,5/10
Modified by Vi-, Jul 30, 2014 4:48 PM
 
Aug 6, 2014 6:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 4568
The 2 main lead have no or lacking of sweet moments, thats the fvcking important on a teen romance!
Predictable, so many interrupted kiss so cliche. I still dont know how did Kouchi and Mao realized the they loved each other, its out of the blue. Its so sudden, really.

6/10
 
Sep 12, 2014 7:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 15
I wish Aihara has ended up with Sakino. Anyway, loved this anime.

9/10
 
Oct 29, 2014 2:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 163
I'm sorry for Sakino. She and Aihara would be a better couple. :c
Every man dies, not every man really lives.
// Profile // Anime list // Manga list
 
Dec 29, 2014 8:01 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 534
Kazuki made me cry MAN TEARS. GARRRRRRR
Kouichi made me raged in sorrow. NOOOOOOOO

Nonetheless, I am still glad for Kouichi, at least he could stop lying - okay seriously, that way of rejecting her after all the promises was WAY TOO CRUEL. Like seriously - can Kouichi deny the fact that he was actually once serious towards Yuumi? And I really thought he would have strengthen out his resolve after crying in episode 22...it seriously made me rage. My head burns...yeah, Yuumi definitely deserves someone better, not that wimp Kouichi.

Ironically, I actually preferred Asuka more so than Eriko for Kazuki. However, one cannot deny the development in that unforgettable moment in episode 20...I guess Eriko is fated for Kazuki. I am VERY glad that Asuka was able to confess and admit her love in the end. The redeeming factor of this anime would go to Kazuki's route, more so than Kouichi.

Let me reiterate on my rage again, the anime spent SOOOO MUCH TIME developing on the couple, and to suddenly throw the bomb saying he was lying...can the scriptwriters actually say it in the face that Kouichi was lying ALL THE WHILE?! Can they do that with a STRAIGHT FACE?! Sigh.

Otherwise, this anime proved to be surprisingly a good watch, especially in terms of plot development and characterisation. Having watched Amagami first before this, I had a sort of benchmark in my head when I started on this, and I'd admit the starting few episodes weren't that great for me. However, wrong I was proven. It eventually progressed into a dynamic anime with some of the better scenes here and there, plus for a 2007 anime, it did not age significantly in terms of graphics and animation (some slips here and there). The idea of splitting the protagonist into two was a very original idea, and it is indeed something I have to praise JC Staff for. Really caught me off guard, their creativity.

Besides the Kouichi disaster (for me at least), one problem with this anime would be the lack of significant drama, which is a must for romcoms to distinct them from others. This made Kimikiss lose its lustre for many of the times, although they did make ways to recoup this problem, at least. Yuumi really had the receiving end for this. She had to leave, and to worsen things, Kouichi. FTSOAB.
8/10
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

 
Jan 28, 2015 3:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 599
grayrebornnhy said:
Kazuki made me cry MAN TEARS. GARRRRRRR
Kouichi made me raged in sorrow. NOOOOOOOO

Nonetheless, I am still glad for Kouichi, at least he could stop lying - okay seriously, that way of rejecting her after all the promises was WAY TOO CRUEL. Like seriously - can Kouichi deny the fact that he was actually once serious towards Yuumi? And I really thought he would have strengthen out his resolve after crying in episode 22...it seriously made me rage. My head burns...yeah, Yuumi definitely deserves someone better, not that wimp Kouichi.

Ironically, I actually preferred Asuka more so than Eriko for Kazuki. However, one cannot deny the development in that unforgettable moment in episode 20...I guess Eriko is fated for Kazuki. I am VERY glad that Asuka was able to confess and admit her love in the end. The redeeming factor of this anime would go to Kazuki's route, more so than Kouichi.

Let me reiterate on my rage again, the anime spent SOOOO MUCH TIME developing on the couple, and to suddenly throw the bomb saying he was lying...can the scriptwriters actually say it in the face that Kouichi was lying ALL THE WHILE?! Can they do that with a STRAIGHT FACE?! Sigh.

Otherwise, this anime proved to be surprisingly a good watch, especially in terms of plot development and characterisation. Having watched Amagami first before this, I had a sort of benchmark in my head when I started on this, and I'd admit the starting few episodes weren't that great for me. However, wrong I was proven. It eventually progressed into a dynamic anime with some of the better scenes here and there, plus for a 2007 anime, it did not age significantly in terms of graphics and animation (some slips here and there). The idea of splitting the protagonist into two was a very original idea, and it is indeed something I have to praise JC Staff for. Really caught me off guard, their creativity.

Besides the Kouichi disaster (for me at least), one problem with this anime would be the lack of significant drama, which is a must for romcoms to distinct them from others. This made Kimikiss lose its lustre for many of the times, although they did make ways to recoup this problem, at least. Yuumi really had the receiving end for this. She had to leave, and to worsen things, Kouichi. FTSOAB.
8/10

(y)
 
Apr 16, 2015 8:23 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 940
fuck that ending, i knew it was gonna fuckin happen, but i still am not fucking happy about it... none of my ships worked out so im kinda salty now.... god damn it......... but to be honest it wasnt a bad series over all, but it reeked of school days vibes... god damn
 
Jun 5, 2015 4:51 PM
Free Shrugs

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 10500
tospd said:
kouichi should burn


A thousand times over
 
Aug 2, 2015 8:36 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 8
Is it just me, or did only Futami & Aihara seem like the only real couple...I mean they were the only ones who ended up together from start to finish.

Unlike Aihara & Futami, Kouichi & changed and so did Mao.

Also is it just me or was Kouichi & Mao getting together forced...I hate it in anime when characters break up with someone who's perfect for them just to get with someone else based off love that came out of nowhere.

Kai was perfect for Mao & Hoshino was perfect for Kouichi, but for no reason Mao starts liking Kouichi and Kouichi starts liking Mao, even though he liked Hoshino from the beginning all the way to the end...smh.

I don't see how people like these kind of romances only because they make zero sense...I mean Toradora had this same problem but people adore that show I just don't get it.
 
Aug 5, 2015 5:06 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 30
An expected result when I saw a chapter when Yumi must be go to another school, I think Kouichi did right that said a truth, especially for yourself.
 
Nov 18, 2015 7:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 38
I prefer Kouichi x Mao, but I feel sad for Hoshino, she is a really good girl.
 
Jan 2, 2016 9:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 508
I enjoyed the Futami x Aihara pairing...made the show worth it for me.

I personally didn't like the Kouichi x Mao pairing. I just didn't feel like there was enough justification shown for them to be together (maybe the VN did a much better job but I haven't played it). It's hard for me to verbalize my thoughts but I just felt like something was off about the whole Kouichi x Mao x Yuumi love triangle.
 
Jan 21, 2016 8:43 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 470
What a crappy way to end the series. I guess you can't continue the show with the drama resolved.. At least an episode of them as a couple and an epilogue is a absolute must. This feels like a rush job. The yuumi x kouichi ship was on a crash course almost from the very beginning. Too much hints and too many episodes were left when they started going out. I knew the ending beforehand, but i would certainly know that something would happen when we saw how Mao reacted to them walking hand in hand. Their personalities were a bit inconsistent though. Sometimes they portrayed what looked like sadness when they saw each other, and suddenly they were happy. But it was a good series all in all.
 
Jan 21, 2016 1:20 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 470
Jesper3 said:
grayrebornnhy said:
Kazuki made me cry MAN TEARS. GARRRRRRR
Kouichi made me raged in sorrow. NOOOOOOOO

Nonetheless, I am still glad for Kouichi, at least he could stop lying - okay seriously, that way of rejecting her after all the promises was WAY TOO CRUEL. Like seriously - can Kouichi deny the fact that he was actually once serious towards Yuumi? And I really thought he would have strengthen out his resolve after crying in episode 22...it seriously made me rage. My head burns...yeah, Yuumi definitely deserves someone better, not that wimp Kouichi.

Ironically, I actually preferred Asuka more so than Eriko for Kazuki. However, one cannot deny the development in that unforgettable moment in episode 20...I guess Eriko is fated for Kazuki. I am VERY glad that Asuka was able to confess and admit her love in the end. The redeeming factor of this anime would go to Kazuki's route, more so than Kouichi.

Let me reiterate on my rage again, the anime spent SOOOO MUCH TIME developing on the couple, and to suddenly throw the bomb saying he was lying...can the scriptwriters actually say it in the face that Kouichi was lying ALL THE WHILE?! Can they do that with a STRAIGHT FACE?! Sigh.

Otherwise, this anime proved to be surprisingly a good watch, especially in terms of plot development and characterisation. Having watched Amagami first before this, I had a sort of benchmark in my head when I started on this, and I'd admit the starting few episodes weren't that great for me. However, wrong I was proven. It eventually progressed into a dynamic anime with some of the better scenes here and there, plus for a 2007 anime, it did not age significantly in terms of graphics and animation (some slips here and there). The idea of splitting the protagonist into two was a very original idea, and it is indeed something I have to praise JC Staff for. Really caught me off guard, their creativity.

Besides the Kouichi disaster (for me at least), one problem with this anime would be the lack of significant drama, which is a must for romcoms to distinct them from others. This made Kimikiss lose its lustre for many of the times, although they did make ways to recoup this problem, at least. Yuumi really had the receiving end for this. She had to leave, and to worsen things, Kouichi. FTSOAB.
8/10

(y)


I don't think he was lying all the time. It became lying when he realized his feelings for Mao. I think the first real hint was when he first saw her with Kai. After that it was a ticking bomb for the both of them.
 
Feb 19, 2016 12:09 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 123
So let me get this straight. Kouichi best friend is moving walking distance from his house and crys....
His girlfriend is moving away to attend another school but doesn't cry and is more focused on his best friend moving walking distance from him.
Wtf honestly the worse part of this anime is the change in partners! Should have been yuumi and kouichi!!!! Only negative of this anime though. Great anime apart from that!
 
Apr 22, 2016 8:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 1278
I like this anime but.. Kouichi feeling for Mao doesn't feel so real.. They need more scene in the earlier episodes in my opinion.
This salad is salty favored
 
May 5, 2016 5:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 3282
"True Hearts" . All of this flustered feelings .. faces & emotions .
I had it coming but .. it really hard to watch .. its painful somehow . Hoshino :'(
KazukixEriko ~ !! KoichixMao ~ !! Good but I also want to hope for the others ~ .
Obviously not the best ending but its already a good ending for me :D
I can't say that its fully a perfect episode .. but be that as it may ~ .

Most likely , "Kimikiss Pure Rouge" is the epitome of Love Triangles .
Depicting your average high-school love stories with a nice twist , relationships were certainly interesting . It leaves you a long-lasting feeling though I don't guarantee it for everyone . The build-ups of the plot is quite the slow-paced one but convivial to the characters . I had a great time watching it <3 . "We still have to move on."

_Esper_ said:
I like this anime but.. Kouichi feeling for Mao doesn't feel so real.. They need more scene in the earlier episodes in my opinion.

Damn right they needed more or should have been done ~ .
Modified by AnimeLaver01, May 5, 2016 5:47 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
May 5, 2016 8:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 1278
AnimeLaver01 said:
_Esper_ said:
I like this anime but.. Kouichi feeling for Mao doesn't feel so real.. They need more scene in the earlier episodes in my opinion.

Damn right they needed more or should have been done ~ .
Yup. If I am the director, I will trow bunch of scene where Mao and Kouichi having fun together in the first half.
And in the last episode, I will trow a scene where Kouichi got confused and throw all the moment where they "having fun" together as flashback with a touching music. BANG!!!! Happy ever after.
This salad is salty favored
 
May 21, 2016 6:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 119
Fumiko said:


The outcome was obvious, even after they introduced the 2nd opening, it was obvious who Kouichi would end up with, but still I can't stand it that he left Yuumi for Mao, someone who acts so selfish even with a boyfriend who actually really cares for her, I'm fully aware that she wasn't sure whether or not she liked Kai, but still, instead of playing around to "find out" if it was actually love that she felt she should just have broken up or something. It made me sick when everytime she was spacing out, she would reply to Kai indifferently...
Sakino was probably a better match for Aihara IMO because it just felt like he was chasing Futami the whole time and then end up together, instead of Sakino who suppported him the whole time.
And as for Yuumi, I really feel bad for her, being told that she could never meet Kouichi again T^T... She just didn't deserve that.

grayrebornnhy said:


Exactly my thoughts, I sort of got my hopes up that he would eventually choose Yuumi over Mao, but NOPE, huge slap in my face, he ends up with Mao and even hurting Yuumi, that's just...
 
Top
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »