Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Banana Fish Episode 8 Discussion

Aug 28, 2018 12:48 AM
Seiyuu Nerd

windeen-windy said:
SoraSenpai said:
While it had more powerful moments like Jessica getting raped, and Shorter turning heel...i feel like the bloodbath has to be coming.

Yeah the last three or so episodes have been a little less actiony, so I am hoping shit hit the fan soon.

Don't worry: It will. Big time.
There might be more people dropping it because of some of the things that are going to go down soon.
Depending on what characters they currently like/love and what is about to happen (if the anime remains so faithful to the manga, that is).

I am so scared right now because of what you said. I am already goddamn pissed on this episode.

Aug 28, 2018 4:58 AM

arvin_1219 said:
windeen-windy said:

Don't worry: It will. Big time.
There might be more people dropping it because of some of the things that are going to go down soon.
Depending on what characters they currently like/love and what is about to happen (if the anime remains so faithful to the manga, that is).

I am so scared right now because of what you said. I am already goddamn pissed on this episode.

I'm sorry. I was just trying to reassure those who were upset at the slow-ish pace, that it would "hit the fan soon."
Modified by windeen-windy, Aug 28, 2018 5:35 AM

Aug 28, 2018 4:00 PM
Tsukizono said:
Sage17 said:
Does anyone know how old Shorter is? He seems older than Ash but I can't find any info about it.

I'm not a manga reader, but apparently there is a side story prequel on Shorter and Ash's first meeting, which was in juvenile prison. It was stated Ash was 15? when they first met, and let's say the max age for juvenile prison is 17, so Shorter is probably (in the current story) 19, same as Eiji.

I didn't read into a lot of detail cause I was trying to avoid spoilers. Any manga readers here to correct me?

I haven't read the manga either to avoid spoilers but that sounds about right. Thank you :)

Aug 28, 2018 4:26 PM

Another quality episode. They are all fucked up right now. Big time. A lot of information in this episode. How will they find a way out of it? This got me really interested.

Banana Fish is quite scary, no wonder the goverment wants this. Sounds like a real powerful weapon on the battlefield.

hyeshoney said:
I really admire how quickly Ash thinks and the fact that no matter what, he has undying trust in Shorter despite all the tragedy. I think the episode was really well delivered.

That`s why you have to respect those Chinese gangsters (and Yut-Lung especially). They made a perfect plan to abduct Eiji and get Ash. Everything was planned well and on the top of that they even used Ash`s most loyal friend.

Compare this to Dino`s actions AKA my henchmen are going to shot at you. You ran away? More henchmen, more shooting. Classy man he is, isn`t he?

Sep 11, 2018 8:19 AM

well that was something…so much for a drug and so many conspiracies…things have been going downhill from the start… things seem more and more grim

Sep 14, 2018 4:17 AM

I like that this show is full of revenge. It's a good thing that Ash still trust Shorter. Papa Dino is doing business with the government for the use of the drug. Yut-Lung also wants to avenge her mother. Now, we know the origin of Banana Fish and why Ash's brother was drugged.
Life has no meaning.

Sep 27, 2018 11:14 AM

Tsukizono said:
Sage17 said:
Does anyone know how old Shorter is? He seems older than Ash but I can't find any info about it.

I'm not a manga reader, but apparently there is a side story prequel on Shorter and Ash's first meeting, which was in juvenile prison. It was stated Ash was 15? when they first met, and let's say the max age for juvenile prison is 17, so Shorter is probably (in the current story) 19, same as Eiji.

I didn't read into a lot of detail cause I was trying to avoid spoilers. Any manga readers here to correct me?
Ash was no older than 14 in juvie based on Angel Eyes and even his appearance in Private Opinion. To me he looked 13.

Dec 5, 2018 9:00 PM

Damn, that drug is a heavy big deal since the goverment took part in the story. The extra info about BF was really interesting to hear and I can understand why they want to use it with military purposes. Dino truly has high ambitions.

It was a very intense episode, a lot of things happened and some people say that the next one will be even more fuck up. I'm not going to say that I look forward to it but I'm a bit curious.

Also... shit, I'm really sorry for Jessica, being honest. I just hope that Max kills that bastard who raped her. That's something I'm really looking forward to seeing for sure. But well, at least, his son is ok.

That aside, I also feel bad for Shorter. He's in a horrible position but I respect his loyalty towards Ash since he would die before anyone touches Eiji, more specifically him killing Eiji and then taking his own life. Personally, I would prefer that instead of living as a "toy" for that Golzine bastard. I just hope they both can escape before anything bad happens but I have low expectations, to be honest.
Modified by SouthRzVa, Dec 5, 2018 9:05 PM

Dec 19, 2018 6:13 AM

Thankfully, Max’s family wasn’t killed, though I feel sorry for Jessica, considering what probably happened to her. And the poor kid didn’t deserve to go through all that.

Yut-Lung takes his chance while the others are away and kidnaps Eiji. Dino plans on using Eiji as a “toy” to get back at Ash. Shorter isn’t having any of it and stays by Eiji’s side the whole time, vowing to kill Eiji and himself if anyone tries anything.

Yut-Lung is actually a pretty interesting character. He seems to have gone through quite a lot himself. It seems his brothers forced him to become the man he is today. I wonder just what all his intentions are.

Sadly, Ash and the gang get captured at the end of this episode. I wonder how they’ll get out of it?

Jan 16, 3:04 PM

I have a feeling that the Asian dude is going to end up on the same side as Ash, they would make for a great duo to overthrow the Don and his family, although, with the government's backing up, it'sd going to be extra hard. But I guess, some personalities from the cops at New York should lend a hand there.
But first, they really need to save Eiji and get Shorter back on track with them. Leaving his sister behind was as bad as Ash visiting his homeland again, you should always consider your family before stepping in the dangerous territory of messing up with a state-recognized mafia.

Mar 28, 6:41 AM

I'm getting pissed off right now everything turned out really bad (again) I wonder if Ash and his company could still get the justice that they deserve. Argggg. When does the horrible things will stop happening?

"But I was too tired to think.
I remember wanting to become a stone.
A stone that doesn’t feel pain. Or sorrow."

May 30, 8:59 AM

I'm hoping Yut Lung would side with Ash instead, go destroy Dino and the drug for good, Max comes back to his family, Eiji and Ash got a happy ending and everyone lives a good, fulfilling life.

Yeah, right.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]