Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 24, 2018 4:58 PM

Sep 2014
I like them all except for Shaft and Trigger
Aug 24, 2018 4:59 PM

Apr 2015
Shaft and Studio Ghibli are the only studios I've considered just watching everything from just because, so I think I have to go with those two.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Aug 24, 2018 6:47 PM

Jul 2017
Madhouse all the way but, if I were to have a top 5 favorite studios, those would be:

- Madhouse
- Bones
- KyoAni
- Shaft
- Sunrise
Aug 24, 2018 6:59 PM
Apr 2017
It looks like I have avoided a lot of mad house anime. Everyone praises it but it just doesn't interest me enough to ⌚️
Aug 24, 2018 7:55 PM

Jan 2016
only 3.

Shaft, for attractive animation
Dogakobo, for great comedy and lolis
KyoAni, for stunning animation and moe overload
Aug 24, 2018 7:57 PM

Apr 2018
yoshu_ said:
only 3.

Shaft, for attractive animation
Dogakobo, for great comedy and lolis
KyoAni, for stunning animation and moe overload

it seems like Madhouse and KyoAni have been the ones that I see posted most on here. I'm not a large fan of KyoAni as all i've seen from them is Chuunibyo
Aug 24, 2018 8:02 PM

Mar 2018
Breakings said:
ok first off Kyoto animation are so overrated. nearly all their shows are ugly and the stories are bad, and yeah I know that's an unpopular opinion so I guess it's just personal taste.

off the top of my head I like J.C. Staff and Gainax because most of their shows are wacky and crazy.

according to malgraph I also like brain's base and toei animation, and Ghibli goes without saying. as for madhouse, mixed bag. true they have a good amount of variety.

Hmm, there was a short time where KyoAni started adapting shit LN but that was only for 3-4 years, and I don't think anybody can say that they animation is "ugly", unless you're still watching Air. Even then, the animation looks like 5-6 years ahead of it's time.
Aug 24, 2018 8:14 PM

May 2017
- KyoAni by far for me since there are so many anime I love from them.
- Shaft mostly because of Monogatari series and Madoka Magica.
- J.C. Staff is slowly becoming one my favourites recently.
Aug 24, 2018 8:45 PM

Jan 2017
J.C. Staff for doing a lot of great romcom anime
P.A. Works for their beautiful animation and doing some great romance/drama anime
Madhouse for doing a lot of great psychological anime

"Blood and rain mixed with broken dreams flow together along the curb,
But even in the darkest corners of misery the roses bloom at sunset"
Aug 24, 2018 9:16 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
- Bones: Ore no Personal Favourite Studio! It’s very difficult to say what the Studio lacks in, since it’s just fabulous all in all.
- Madhouse: Obviously. Just the staggering amount of top shows that it provides consistently will tell you why.
- Kyoto Animation: It’s art quality is top notch, rivalling to that of even Studio Shaft, and it makes some glorious shows every once in a while.
- A-1 Pictures: It’s been on the decline somewhat in recent years, but it still produces wonders every now and then.
- Wit Studio: Relatively new and somewhat slow compared to other Studios if you ask me, but the few shows that it makes are guaranteed to be enjoyable at the very least.

Honarable Mentions goes to P.A Works, White Fox, Studio Shaft, J.C Staff and Production IG.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 24, 2018 9:27 PM

Apr 2018
_MushiRock11_ said:
- Bones: Ore no Personal Favourite Studio! It’s very difficult to say what the Studio lacks in, since it’s just fabulous all in all.
- Madhouse: Obviously. Just the staggering amount of top shows that it provides consistently will tell you why.
- Kyoto Animation: It’s art quality is top notch, rivalling to that of even Studio Shaft, and it makes some glorious shows every once in a while.
- A-1 Pictures: It’s been on the decline somewhat in recent years, but it still produces wonders every now and then.
- Wit Studio: Relatively new and somewhat slow compared to other Studios if you ask me, but the few shows that it makes are guaranteed to be enjoyable at the very least.

Honarable Mentions goes to P.A Works, White Fox, Studio Shaft, J.C Staff and Production IG.

so nice you had to say it twice? lol jk I liked how you put these into your perspective tho. it seems a ton of people say either Madhouse, KyoAni, and sometimes Bones, or Shaft. I agree to most of this tho. I've not seen much of KyoAni so I can't comment on them other than the fact that I love their Chunibyo series .
Aug 24, 2018 9:39 PM

Dec 2017
Kyoani
Ufotable
Trigger/Old Gainax
Madhouse
Shaft

Why don’t we become monsters and really mess up this awful world? Just destroy until there’s no more evil, no more sadness, no more anything…
Wouldn’t that be great?

Aug 24, 2018 10:14 PM

Jul 2011
Kyoto Animation > ufotable > Madhouse > Bones > rest > Pierrot
Aug 25, 2018 12:40 AM

Sep 2011
9mm_Revy said:
Tennouji said:
Collaboration Works and maybe Mary Jane too. I love the intense animations on Collaboration Works and I think Mary Jane does it too. They both have very good character designs.

Do they only do hentai? I looked them up and it seems to only be hentai

Yes. I don't have anymore interest on not 18+ studios. Frankly, they're all the same to me.

Aug 25, 2018 4:26 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
9mm_Revy said:
_MushiRock11_ said:

so nice you had to say it twice? lol jk I liked how you put these into your perspective tho. it seems a ton of people say either Madhouse, KyoAni, and sometimes Bones, or Shaft. I agree to most of this tho. I've not seen much of KyoAni so I can't comment on them other than the fact that I love their Chunibyo series .

Lol, my bad there. Chuunibyou series was an interesting series, but I personally think the Koe no Katachi, Suzumiya Haruhi series and the Clannad adaptions were much better and the highlight of this Studio really. Even Violet Evergarden of this Winter was just a spectacle to witness in a lifetime.

Aug 25, 2018 6:03 AM

May 2017
Got my finger on the pulse of Studio 3Hz. Pretty new to the scene, but have done some pretty cool original shows like Princess Principal and Flip Flappers.

Did SAO Alternate: Gun-Gale Online if you're into that as well.

Otherwise the standard ones everyone else has listed.
Current Events Thread Topics...
Not even once.
Aug 25, 2018 4:10 PM

Apr 2018
_MushiRock11_ said:
9mm_Revy said:

Lol, my bad there. Chuunibyou series was an interesting series, but I personally think the Koe no Katachi, Suzumiya Haruhi series and the Clannad adaptions were much better and the highlight of this Studio really. Even Violet Evergarden of this Winter was just a spectacle to witness in a lifetime.

I may add Violet Evergarden to my list since I hear a lot of praise from people regarding that show, I hear Clannad the 2nd season is better, Is the first really that bad to where it's unwatchable or are people just overreacting? i'll have to check those other two out, I'm just not too big on slice of life and romance unless it's really good and I think the only ones I really liked were Chuninyou and Lovely Complex
Aug 25, 2018 4:12 PM

Apr 2018
Tennouji said:
9mm_Revy said:

Do they only do hentai? I looked them up and it seems to only be hentai

Yes. I don't have anymore interest on not 18+ studios. Frankly, they're all the same to me.

so you're saying you don't care for studios that produce stuff that are 18+ or you prefer them? mmmmmm Hentai...
Aug 25, 2018 4:13 PM

Apr 2018
Wary_Wolf said:
Got my finger on the pulse of Studio 3Hz. Pretty new to the scene, but have done some pretty cool original shows like Princess Principal and Flip Flappers.

Gun-Gale any good? i've watched about 10 minutes of the first episode and it seemd alright, but didn't make me want to watch it anytime soon or anything. Looks good, and I like the art, but yea.
Aug 25, 2018 5:00 PM

Jun 2014
Bones is probably my favorite studio right now because of their sheer consistency for making high quality and giving a clean presentation. There was also a couple seasons a few years ago when Bones was airing 3 shows at the same time, and none of them suffered drops in quality.

Madhouse used to be my favorite studio, but the last decade or so has been full of waves that cycle in between high quality and mediocre shows. And the cycle is currently on the down side. The last good period Madhouse had was in 2014-2015 when they were making NGNL, Kiseijuu, Overlord (first season), and OPM. Havent seen anything spectacular since then.

I didnt used to care much for Kyoto, but they have seriously stepped their game in the last 2-3 years.
Aug 25, 2018 5:06 PM

Oct 2017
-Kyoto Animation
-Shaft
-Ufotable

Aside from the one's I really like I don't really have any preferred studios.
Aug 25, 2018 5:10 PM
May 2018
I personally like J.C staff and Kyoto animation💁
Aug 25, 2018 6:21 PM

May 2017
9mm_Revy said:
Wary_Wolf said:

Gun-Gale any good? i've watched about 10 minutes of the first episode and it seemd alright, but didn't make me want to watch it anytime soon or anything. Looks good, and I like the art, but yea.

Personally I didn't get much out of Gun-Gale and dropped it pretty early. I think it was a chance for the Studio to get in on a more popular show to spread awareness of their existence. They did what they could with the SAO franchise.

The art style is somewhat reminiscent of their other work. So they're running with the colorful moe trend for the most part. But what I've seen of their original stuff has been creative enough for me to remain interested.
Current Events Thread Topics...
Not even once.
Aug 25, 2018 6:30 PM

Jul 2017
-Madhouse They need to release NGNL S2
-J.C. Staff
-A-1
Aug 25, 2018 7:29 PM

Apr 2018
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:
Bones is probably my favorite studio right now because of their sheer consistency for making high quality and giving a clean presentation. There was also a couple seasons a few years ago when Bones was airing 3 shows at the same time, and none of them suffered drops in quality.

Madhouse used to be my favorite studio, but the last decade or so has been full of waves that cycle in between high quality and mediocre shows. And the cycle is currently on the down side. The last good period Madhouse had was in 2014-2015 when they were making NGNL, Kiseijuu, Overlord (first season), and OPM. Havent seen anything spectacular since then.

I didnt used to care much for Kyoto, but they have seriously stepped their game in the last 2-3 years.
Clickbait said:
-Madhouse They need to release NGNL S2
-J.C. Staff
-A-1

I may be thinking of another show but I think I read somewhere that a S2 of NGNL is highly unlikey because of some legal issues or something. Either way tho I agree, we need a S2 of NGNL, that movie was good but imo it wasn't enough for me lol
Aug 25, 2018 7:34 PM

Apr 2018
Wary_Wolf said:
9mm_Revy said:

Personally I didn't get much out of Gun-Gale and dropped it pretty early. I think it was a chance for the Studio to get in on a more popular show to spread awareness of their existence. They did what they could with the SAO franchise.

The art style is somewhat reminiscent of their other work. So they're running with the colorful moe trend for the most part. But what I've seen of their original stuff has been creative enough for me to remain interested.

Hmm damn, well know it seems like I shouldn't waste my time lol. Well I haven't watched the original SAO so i suppose if anything i'll stick with that since you and many other people have said gun gale doesn't really bring much to the table and it's lukewarm at best. sucks bc it looked interesting, except for the MC girl. I guess they just missed their mark.
Aug 25, 2018 7:53 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
9mm_Revy said:
_MushiRock11_ said:

I may add Violet Evergarden to my list since I hear a lot of praise from people regarding that show, I hear Clannad the 2nd season is better, Is the first really that bad to where it's unwatchable or are people just overreacting? i'll have to check those other two out, I'm just not too big on slice of life and romance unless it's really good and I think the only ones I really liked were Chuninyou and Lovely Complex

Violet Evergarden is worth it and it deserves all the praise, albeit all the melodrama, in my opinion.
Clannad: After Story is much better indeed, but the first season does fall short. It’s like a fine-to-good season with its moments. Just keep up with it because it does become a drag somewhere along the line, for the second season will definitely be worth it if you’re looking to sob buckets. I haven’t watched Lovely Complex yet, but I’ve heard got good things about it so I plan to give it a shot sometime soon.

Aug 25, 2018 8:00 PM

Apr 2018
_MushiRock11_ said:
9mm_Revy said:

Violet Evergarden is worth it and it deserves all the praise, albeit all the melodrama, in my opinion.
Clannad: After Story is much better indeed, but the first season does fall short. It’s like a fine-to-good season with its moments. Just keep up with it because it does become a drag somewhere along the line, for the second season will definitely be worth it if you’re looking to sob buckets. I haven’t watched Lovely Complex yet, but I’ve heard got good things about it so I plan to give it a shot sometime soon.

awesome well ok, I'll have to give them a watch sometime. If S2 of Clannad is that good I'll have to push through first season then. Lovely Com may not be as great of a love story as many others but for it's story and take on a "taboo" (if you can call it that) relationship I thought it was done well and had a cute/adorable adorable love story.
Aug 25, 2018 11:17 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
9mm_Revy said:
_MushiRock11_ said:

awesome well ok, I'll have to give them a watch sometime. If S2 of Clannad is that good I'll have to push through first season then. Lovely Com may not be as great of a love story as many others but for it's story and take on a "taboo" (if you can call it that) relationship I thought it was done well and had a cute/adorable adorable love story.

Enjoy and prepare some tissue boxes in advance!
I’ve Lovely Complex downloaded already but I just can’t find the time for it, for any show for that matter. I’m a sucker for such shows, so I’ll make sure to binge it sometime.

Aug 25, 2018 11:26 PM

Dec 2014
ufotable - they are the remnants of the old days when the product ment something to the crew other then their paycheck. + they do TypeMoon staff

Kyoto Ani - holly molly or should I say holly moe. The only studio that can represent human emotions even in unrealistic (baseball sized pupils) characterdesigns.

Aug 26, 2018 12:34 AM

Sep 2015
Madhouse, because regardless of how much I like the source material they use, I can generally trust that they're going to get the most out of the source material (in terms of quality) translated into anime as possible.
Aug 26, 2018 12:38 AM
Jul 2018
i can't understand why people like a1 pictures lmao
Aug 26, 2018 12:39 AM

Apr 2017
kyoani and uhh i think it was bones?

the ones who did mha
mal's raccoon

boop !
‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ hell yeah !
from the distant
year of

the
are after me !
Aug 26, 2018 12:45 AM

Nov 2014
Kyoto animation, A1 pictures, White Fox shaft, wit studio, madhouse, bones, JC staff
Aug 26, 2018 1:46 AM

Jul 2014
Kyoto animation is the only one that come to my mind. Sometimes they make bad anime like musaigen. Violet evergarden not their best too. But some of my favorites anime are from this studio, like hyouka and kyoukai no kanata, also koe no katachi. I hope tsurune and violet evergarden movie will be good.

Oh yeah, pa works also good studio. Unique studio where mostly their anime are original.
Aug 26, 2018 1:51 AM

Aug 2017
Kyoto animation probably is my favorite.
Madhouse is also pretty awesome
Aug 26, 2018 4:13 AM

Sep 2011
9mm_Revy said:

so you're saying you don't care for studios that produce stuff that are 18+ or you prefer them? mmmmmm Hentai...

What? I care about studios that they mainly make hentai genre anime.

As for general studios like KyoAni, JC Staff, etc, to be honest they're all the same to me. All of them can produce good quality. It completely depends on how they can adapt the source materials.

On studios that they're mainly making hentai, not all of them can produce good quality. There are some that they're making poor quality(Queen Bee) and/or their hentai scene animations are just boring(PoRO).

Aug 26, 2018 4:18 AM

Jan 2015
For me Kyoto animation FTW of course
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» For those who ever rewatch anything, are there any anime you can't really casually rewatch in whole or in part due to intensity?

WatchTillTandava - 23 minutes ago

1 by -Kugeki- »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » How do you watch anime?

RobertBobert - 2 hours ago

13 by BitChilly »»
4 minutes ago

» is ur fave genre ur most watched genre ?

ame - Yesterday

18 by SwordBreaker36 »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » Best kind of relationship in anime?

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

16 by SwordBreaker36 »»
6 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows? ( 1 2 )

EverRealm - Yesterday

51 by SwordBreaker36 »»
7 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.