Forum Settings
Forums
The Night Is Short, Walk on Girl
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 21, 2018 6:40 PM

Feb 2013
I just got home from seeing it in a theater and it was pretty magical! My city only had one showing at one theater tonight but there are some cities showing it today and tomorrow (August 22nd). If a theater nearby is showing it I’d definitely recommend going to see it. It was so fun to see it on the big screen! :) My favorite part was definitely the guerilla theater.
Aug 21, 2018 7:13 PM
Aug 2018
I saw the movie, too, and everything about it was so good! Now that you remind me that some are showing it again tomorrow, I wish I could see it again if I had the money to do so.
Aug 21, 2018 7:42 PM

Apr 2016
it was fantastic, maybe my favorite Masaaki Yuasa film, and he's already my favorite director!
I loved that they played it in theaters in the US, even if it did take a long time to come here
Aug 21, 2018 9:02 PM

May 2017
Literally just got back from the theater.. it was fantastic!!

It was so cool watching with a bunch of other fans who were familiar with Yuasa's other weird shit lol
Aug 23, 2018 10:55 AM
Mar 2018
I did! It was great! I loved the animation and humor.
Aug 7, 2022 2:26 AM

Apr 2016
a movie organization in my area is having a Masaaki Yuasa retrospective and he was at the theater tonight IN PERSON to introduce this movie!!! he said that looking back on The Night is Short, that he thought it was a well made movie hahaha :D :D :D he said he felt he couldn't be objective about the movie after he just finished making it; but that looking at it now, years later, it was well made. i couldn't agree with him more :) i saw this movie in theaters twice when it was first released in the United States, but i feel like i only really saw it for the first time tonight hahaha. this movie has so much going on at once! it felt like a fast rollercoaster sometimes, trying to keep up. but also like a rollercoaster, it was super fun and exciting. i was very surprised to find that it had a lot of poignant things to say. that combination is no mean feat :)

the crowd was fucking awesome too. it felt like everyone there was a fan. and at the end of the movie, everyone clapped :') so fucking cool. i'm glad that Masaaki Yuasa got to see a sincere, foreign audience enjoying his movie.

More topics from this board

» What's the difference between the film and the anime?

seawolfseawolf - Aug 2, 2021

5 by mydaddy »»
Apr 14, 9:26 PM

Poll: » Yoru wa Mijikashi Arukeyo Otome Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

alexanderthekek - Nov 18, 2017

85 by Toooooooooohru »»
Apr 8, 4:46 PM

» Does anyone know why this anime is rated R -+, what scenes does it contain?

OkabeRintarou12 - Jan 13, 2023

3 by OkabeRintarou12 »»
Feb 23, 2023 10:32 AM

» Is there a way to watch this online?

Crzy_Minus - Dec 22, 2018

3 by Vesnesc »»
May 13, 2021 9:04 AM

» Available now on Crunchyroll DE

JohanJ04 - Apr 30, 2021

0 by JohanJ04 »»
Apr 30, 2021 2:55 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.