Forum Settings
Forums
Aug 21, 3:44 AM

Well, so far only Steins;gate has made me cry like a baby. Clannad AS and Your lie in April kinda got me too, but not the way Steins;gate did.

Wrote this post because I think it would be a good discussion, and just feeling curious about your answers.

How about you guys?

Aug 21, 3:47 AM

for me steins gate and your lie in april too lol
oh and monogatari second season

Aug 21, 3:47 AM

The only anime to ever make me cry was A Silent Voice

Aug 21, 3:48 AM
Lala Deviluke❤️

Only Charlotte; The loss of his imouto made me cry. Other than that I was close but didn't cry...

Aug 21, 3:49 AM

When they cry, ironically.. because I got too attached to the characters

Aug 21, 3:51 AM

Sennen Joyuu, Cowboy Bebop, Gintama, Major S1, 2nd season of K-On.
Modified by fuyuki, Aug 21, 3:55 AM

Aug 21, 3:51 AM

Angel Beats, Orange, and the ReLIFE ova got me pretty close, does that count?
There is absolutely no reason why I should accept "turn your brain off" as a valid excuse to defend a poor show.

~

blatant ad: https://myanimelist.net/blog/Crusader_8 I spend the time to write it, so please read it lol

Aug 21, 3:54 AM

It was One Piece I think. So I'd say that for now.

Aug 21, 4:06 AM

The sole series that has achieved to make me whimper myself into solitude is Ashita no Joe. It wavered my soul, a beautifully formed motion.

Come love,
I'll shape you to be a fine man

Aug 21, 4:48 AM

Hotarubi no Mori e. It really gets the tears flowing T_T

Aug 21, 4:53 AM
Anohana that anime made me cry a river of tears

Aug 21, 4:56 AM

If we're talking about the most, it's definitely Gintama part of the reason why I love it so much. I cried in Gintama more than a few times.

I have cried in a bunch of other stuff, like Anohana, FMAB, Ansatsu Kyoushitsu, etc., and most recently, Fate/Zero...

sᴇᴛ ʙʏ ᴛᴀɪʏᴀᴋɪ

Aug 21, 4:58 AM
The most you ask? Your lie in April hands down, though there are many others too but this one stands out.

Aug 21, 5:01 AM

Steins Gate and Death Parade also that stuff with kakashi as a kid in the war
Please click on my profile, because these views are the only thing that give my life meaning.

Aug 21, 5:05 AM

Terra e...(TV)

Air

Aug 21, 5:11 AM

Cowboy Bebop, Zankyou no Terror, Ginga Densetsu Weed, Ginga Nagareboshi Gin, Angel Beats, Kuzu no Honkai and Death Parade. I cried like a baby while watching those.

PROTECT ME FROM WHAT I WANT
PROTECT ME FROM YOU

Aug 21, 5:32 AM

Well, in my case it should be asked like "Anime that managed to make you feel at least something".
None made me cry.
Those which made feel were Your Lie in April and Clannad After Story.

Aug 21, 5:34 AM

Kanon (2006), Clannad AS and Gakuen Babysiiters.

Aug 21, 6:37 AM

Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni Kai until the middle part.

Aug 21, 6:53 AM

Orange, Ao Haru Ride, Lovely★Complex, Inu x Boku SS, Kamisama Hajimemashita: Kako-hen

Aug 21, 6:59 AM

One Piece. I mean , Chopper and Robin's backstories? My God I cried like a baby.

Aug 21, 7:09 AM

i dont think any. seikai no senki 2 came close tho

Aug 21, 7:09 AM

I think Ass Class gave me the worst post-show depression I've ever experienced. Though of course, Grave of Fireflies, Clannad; after Story, Evagelion, Your Lie in April and Attack on Titan made me cry like a little baby

If I could be with you tonight
I would sing you to sleep
Never let them take the light behind your eyes

Aug 21, 7:13 AM
Well there was One Piece, Gintama, Steins Gate and also Naruto actually. Had me shed so many tears.

Aug 21, 7:17 AM

m8 every single episode of orange made me cry

Aug 21, 7:23 AM

Loads have done it. Notable examples include Eva, Now and Then, Here and There, Lain, Shinsekai yori, Air, Fruits Basket, Elfen Lied, Narutaru, Simoun, Gunbuster, Kodocha, Kanon, Code Geass, Clannad, Madoka, Fate/Zero, Penguindrum, Chihayafuru, Gakkougurashi, Euphonium, Nadesico, CCS, K-On, and Hanayamata.

But I think Princess Tutu has done it the most.

Aug 21, 7:26 AM

Ashita no Joe has been the only one..

Aug 21, 7:27 AM

its kinda weird, but it was gurren laggan and zero no tsukaima lol.
"I'm alright, because
The warmth on my back
Is from you, protecting me
My bent heart is being straightened out
I feel like I can keep on walking when I see your face
That time, I was able to gather my wishes and jump up
because of your words of encouragement"

Hanamaru◎Andante - Pastel✽Palettes

Aug 21, 7:29 AM

Only Clannad has made me cry. Anohana and Plastic Memories left me with teary eyes though.

Aug 21, 7:35 AM
Meme Master

I bawled my eyes out from Clannad: After Story. Nothing else even comes close (for me) in this regard.

Steins;Gate is in my top five anime, and I like Your Lie In April too, but I don't remember crying at all from them.

Aug 21, 7:46 AM

basically almost every anime that i rated above 8.. to shed a tear doesnt necessarily mean that it was sad. It could be something beautiful (kimi no na wa) it could be something exhilarating (hajime no ippo) where the fight has so much impact because you are so invested into these amazing characters that you can't help but empathize with them. Great soundstracks enhance this by so much.

for me to able to rate an anime above 7 (8,9,10) it has to have atleast some kind of impact whether its sad, beautiful or just overflows with greatness. It has to have something that i will remember and these moments are often connected with tears.

Aug 21, 7:52 AM

FallenCrusader said:
Well, in my case it should be asked like "Anime that managed to make you feel at least something".
None made me cry.
Those which made feel were Your Lie in April and Clannad After Story.

This.

In my case, the only animes that made feel something were Hunter x Hunter (end of the Chimera Ant arc), Gintama, Fate/Zero, One Piece, Monogatari Series Second Season (and Owari S2 I think) and Steins;Gate. I can't remember any other. And yes, I watched Shigatsu wa kimi no uso and it didn't manage to make me feel anything. The thing I liked the most about it was the music and the concerts.

Aug 21, 7:56 AM

No anime has made me cry. Many got me teary eyed but I never cried because of any anime or movie (except for Pursuit of Happyness).

Aug 21, 8:13 AM

I'm a rather emotional person so there's a fair number of anime I've cried once or thrice over but the ones that made me cry the most were Your Lie in April, Anohana, and Love Live. Whenever the sad or tears-of-joy music plays, it pretty much opened the floodgates every time...

Aug 21, 8:16 AM
Nah, not me, watching Anime don't cause me to cry.

I wonder if all of you who cry is a girl, guys who cry when watching Anime is just not normal.

Aug 21, 8:22 AM

Assassination Classroom
Pokemon
Ano Hana

Aug 21, 8:23 AM

MoeAnimeFan said:

I wonder if all of you who cry is a girl, guys who cry when watching Anime is just not normal.

Stop feelz-shaming. :P If a work of art makes you cry, that means you're actually connected to your feelings instead of suppressing them. It's a good thing, and not at all abnormal.

Welcome to the NHK through the sheer pain of isolation and mental pathologies it portrays. Samurai Champloo for what happens to the thief and for the ending theme of the last episode. Elfen Lied for... the scene where Kouta is reunited with Nyu after Nyu is kidnapped, oddly enough.
"Bang." -Spike Spiegal

"Everything... is connected." -Lain Iwakura

"Life is too short to watch bad anime. Long Live the 1st Episode Drop." -InkSpider

"Anime fans make me embarrassed to be an anime fan." -InkSpider

Aug 21, 8:31 AM
InkSpider said:
MoeAnimeFan said:

Stop feelz-shaming. :P If a work of art makes you cry, that means you're actually connected to your feelings instead of suppressing them. It's a good thing, and not at all abnormal.

Welcome to the NHK through the sheer pain of isolation and mental pathologies it portrays. Samurai Champloo for what happens to the thief and for the ending theme of the last episode. Elfen Lied for... the scene where Kouta is reunited with Nyu after Nyu is kidnapped, oddly enough.

49 out of 51 still called as abnormal especially it is like 1 out of 100 where a guy will cry when watching an Anime.

Aug 21, 8:32 AM

MoeAnimeFan said:

You're dumb af dude.
Crying is normal lol

Aug 21, 8:36 AM

The closest anime to making me cry was definitely Your Lie in April, A Silent Voice, Angel Beats, Naruto(Shippuuden), Re:Life OVA, and Your Name.

MoeAnimeFan said:
InkSpider said:

49 out of 51 still called as abnormal especially it is like 1 out of 100 where a guy will cry when watching an Anime.

Your made up statistic's are cute, it must be nice to be emotionally dead but I guess you wouldn't even be able to know.
Modified by SleepingNinja15, Aug 21, 8:42 AM

Aug 21, 8:45 AM

Wolf Children, A Silent Voice and 5 Centimeter Per Second almost made me cry

Aug 21, 8:50 AM

Clannad After Story and Your Lie in April.
Anime that intelligent people like.

Aug 21, 8:54 AM

Clannad, Your lie in April, Steins;Gate and Violet Evergarden are the only shows that have made me cry or at least tear up

Aug 21, 9:05 AM

Anohana was the first to cause waterfalls, followed by Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 and Death Parade.

Angel Beats! came pretty close though

Aug 21, 9:19 AM

HxH and YYH are both easy answers, but that's mainly because I'm a Togashifag. I'm pretty sure I cried at the end of Berserk 1999, but I might be remembering things wrong. I also cried at some point while I watched PMMM, though I was also thirteen or so at the time. Tbh, I don't think a series making you cry is inherently a sign of quality. There are some pretty simple writing tricks that are guranteed to make people cry. Create an innocent character, then use that character to play to people's irrational fears of death and aging. Boom, tears.

Aug 21, 9:30 AM
xStarryEyed said:
Cowboy Bebop, Zankyou no Terror, Ginga Densetsu Weed, Ginga Nagareboshi Gin, Angel Beats, Kuzu no Honkai and Death Parade. I cried like a baby while watching those.

Honestly, Zankyou no Terror's last episode is super emotional, but even the earlier episodes are so haunting and beautiful that I found myself getting emotional frequently. It's such a good show.

Aug 21, 9:32 AM
For me, Grave of the Fireflies was the hardest to get through, since I was crying for the whole second half of the film. But I cried at Violet Evergarden, Your Lie in April, and Made in Abyss (not full tears, but my eyes were watering) as well.

Aug 21, 9:34 AM
Danielthebeast said:
Wolf Children, A Silent Voice and 5 Centimeter Per Second almost made me cry

Those are all really sad movies. Weirdly enough, A Silent Voice doesn't make me cry. It's almost too heavy and emotionally brutal for that. My heart was just heavy watching it, but I never came close to crying.

Aug 21, 9:44 AM
Oso-san which is ironic since it's comedy hah...

Episode 9 hit me hard and episode 24 crushed me...

Aug 21, 10:10 AM

Because the anime is so bad or so dramatically good? I think I teared-up a bit when I finish Sakamichi no Apollon... I mean the anime was a meh but the ending seriously made it quite more than a meh so...

I think I was furious when I finished OreImo, but man, how it ended. I could have cried a river for how bad it was. Though I heard the LN were, emmm the same so...

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »