Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen - Kouhan-sen Episode 7 Discussion

Aug 21, 2018 1:54 PM
The animation was good. The sword fighting was good as well. The thing that I didn't like is that BNP is rushing things with the anime and in doing so they are missing the emotional factor. When Yamazaki was cut, I didn't feel anything considering the character has been an integral part of Gintama; as if he was like the rest of the unnamed soldiers Utsuro sliced up. Similalrly for Kondo and Shinpachi when they were cut. In the manga it was slow, they had a little flashback before Yamazaki was cut; adding the emotional factor to it which was totally missing in the anime. Another thing is that we want to see the sword swinging; not just a flash on the screen and the soldiers being sliced up. Yeah I know Utsuro is damn fast but at least BNP could have shown some hand movement while swinging his sword like how in the manga he was doing so. Other than that the entire episode was awesome. Especially the beginning when Gintoki is total badass; "Hey, what do you think you are doing? He is my dog!!" that was epic

Aug 21, 2018 5:57 PM

oh man i feel sad for Sadaharu

Aug 22, 2018 7:45 AM

Bawled like crazy the moment I thought Sadaharu died... continued for the rest of the whole episode too. That was the best Gintama episode I have seen so far. I can't even keep track of who died... if they did die. Hopefully not.

Aug 22, 2018 10:14 AM

this anime is so cringe, i wonder why the rating is so high

Aug 22, 2018 7:13 PM
Kansai-ben-otaku said:
probably because the people who are rating it actually watch it, unlike you.

Aug 22, 2018 9:38 PM
SHSL Good Luck

crystalblade13 said:
Kansai-ben-otaku said:
probably because the people who are rating it actually watch it, unlike you.
Nah, he's watching it. Just not liking it I guess, unlike most of us here.

Aug 23, 2018 3:05 AM
So I haven't read the manga but I saw some sources on Twitter saying that episode 9 will cover the time skip and does that mean this is the last season?

Aug 23, 2018 10:47 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Son_nish-kun20 said:
So I haven't read the manga but I saw some sources on Twitter saying that episode 9 will cover the time skip and does that mean this is the last season?
It will cover the timeskip, but it will be hard to adapt the manga's ending when the manga will end a week before this cour ends. Episode's need to be in production for 4-6 months, so unless Sorachi provided BNP with his plans on how he wants to end the series (which he probably wouldn't), BNP can only cover some of the timeskip, or go for an anime-original ending.

Aug 23, 2018 12:57 PM

Does anyone else think they made utsuro too OP ?
He was pretty much even with Umibozu,or just a bit better, during their fight on Kaguras planet.Maybe just playing that time?

I guess maybe Earth's Atlanta resources made him OP perhaps

Aug 23, 2018 5:17 PM
SHSL Good Luck

MdotO said:
I guess maybe Earth's Atlanta resources made him OP perhaps
Basically that. Utsuro's at his peak on Earth. With the Altana going away now, he's back to the same level he was when he fought with Umibozu.

Aug 24, 2018 11:50 AM
Umibozu the new Megaman ? :o

Why SHIMURA SHINPACHI is overpowered lol

Aug 25, 2018 9:54 PM
All that fighting was quite impressive and intense! I hope he'll finally find peace and death after all those years of immortal sufferings( Great villain, great episode!

Aug 26, 2018 1:41 PM

GoldenDevilGamer said:
MrMik1995 said:

I've heard about Sorachi not being paid royalties but what's your source for Sorachi delaying 2nd movie script which led to Enchousen?
Well, it was delayed due to Sorachi, but it wasn't his fault: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-12-22/gintama-2nd-film-slated-for-next-summer

But Enchousen was never supposed to be a thing. The reason why it got a "final" movie in the first place was because sales had a decline, TV rating dropped drastically, and overall, Gintama wasn't making as much for Bandai Namco as it did before. They probably made Enchousen to keep Gintama relevant before the movie came out. They couldn't afford to have Gintama lose it's popularity before the movie comes out.

That's what I'm saying,what's your source for this part?

"But Enchousen was never supposed to be a thing. The reason why it got a "final" movie in the first place was because sales had a decline, TV rating dropped drastically, and overall, Gintama wasn't making as much for Bandai Namco as it did before. They probably made Enchousen to keep Gintama relevant before the movie came out. They couldn't afford to have Gintama lose it's popularity before the movie comes out."

Aug 26, 2018 2:00 PM
SHSL Good Luck

MrMik1995 said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Well, it was delayed due to Sorachi, but it wasn't his fault: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-12-22/gintama-2nd-film-slated-for-next-summer

But Enchousen was never supposed to be a thing. The reason why it got a "final" movie in the first place was because sales had a decline, TV rating dropped drastically, and overall, Gintama wasn't making as much for Bandai Namco as it did before. They probably made Enchousen to keep Gintama relevant before the movie came out. They couldn't afford to have Gintama lose it's popularity before the movie comes out.

"But Enchousen was never supposed to be a thing. The reason why it got a "final" movie in the first place was because sales had a decline, TV rating dropped drastically, and overall, Gintama wasn't making as much for Bandai Namco as it did before. They probably made Enchousen to keep Gintama relevant before the movie came out. They couldn't afford to have Gintama lose it's popularity before the movie comes out."
Well, sales decline is easy to check: http://www.someanithing.com/series-data-quick-view
It went from 15K per volume to 12K. Not that bad tho.

TV ratings, check here: http://www.geocities.jp/animesityouritu/
Gintama (銀魂) was around 4-6 2006: http://www.geocities.jp/animesityouritu/2006a.html
There was a drop, but it always circulated somewhere around 2-5%. I won't link them all since that would be tiring. Just remember that they're separated by half a year in every page. 年上半期 means first half, 年下半期 means second half.
Gintama' (銀魂') was around 1.5-3 in 2011: http://www.geocities.jp/animesityouritu/2011a.html
4 was rare, if it ever happened.

The reason why the movie was labeled as the final one clearly shows that they wanted to end the anime franchise. It's speculation, but Enchousen probably happened to keep Gintama relevant until the movie came out. That's why they padded it out with reruns too (23 episodes, with 10 reruns, 13 new episodes). They weren't willing to make 23 new episodes, not to mention that they were caught up to the manga almost, plus Enchousen arcs were harder to animate due to the heavy amount of action.

But Gintama's anime still continued though. Probably because Enchousen's TV ratings are higher than expected, but also because the anime movie earned an extremely high amount.

Aug 26, 2018 3:02 PM

GoldenDevilGamer said:
MrMik1995 said:

Well, sales decline is easy to check: http://www.someanithing.com/series-data-quick-view
It went from 15K per volume to 12K. Not that bad tho.

TV ratings, check here: http://www.geocities.jp/animesityouritu/
Gintama (銀魂) was around 4-6 2006: http://www.geocities.jp/animesityouritu/2006a.html
There was a drop, but it always circulated somewhere around 2-5%. I won't link them all since that would be tiring. Just remember that they're separated by half a year in every page. 年上半期 means first half, 年下半期 means second half.
Gintama' (銀魂') was around 1.5-3 in 2011: http://www.geocities.jp/animesityouritu/2011a.html
4 was rare, if it ever happened.

The reason why the movie was labeled as the final one clearly shows that they wanted to end the anime franchise. It's speculation, but Enchousen probably happened to keep Gintama relevant until the movie came out. That's why they padded it out with reruns too (23 episodes, with 10 reruns, 13 new episodes). They weren't willing to make 23 new episodes, not to mention that they were caught up to the manga almost, plus Enchousen arcs were harder to animate due to the heavy amount of action.

But Gintama's anime still continued though. Probably because Enchousen's TV ratings are higher than expected, but also because the anime movie earned an extremely high amount.

Eh the viewership drop isn't that big,certainly didn't do a Bleach and kept close to Naruto and HxH at times with having it's good physical copy sales but I was more curious about Enchousen situation since it's such an odd cour of all,that's just a speculation.

Sep 3, 2018 5:39 PM

This was the best episode so far!!! Really enjoyed the flashback with Shinpachi. Hopefully Yamazaki can pull through ...

Sep 5, 2018 5:09 PM
no

This fight with Utsuro and everyone was more intense and much better than Madara vs the Shinobi Alliance.

Utsuro shit on everyone

r.i.p anpan :(

Sep 12, 2018 10:39 AM

well that was intense.. everyone is so bad ass… I am like happy and sad that it is so epic… even the dog plays a major rule….

Oct 24, 2018 10:18 PM

Well this episode sure gotten quite a bit more interesting, really impressive even with such an ending! Looking forwards to see what's next.

Dec 21, 2018 5:16 AM

This ep really reminded me of the ep when everybody fights against Utsuro back in the Farewell Shinsengumi Arc!

Alright now, this episode is just pure badassery showing how truly insanely, powerful Utsuro is again! Against the full force of the Shinsengumi, Yorozuya and some others, he himself is able to hold them off himself and only sustained damage in form of his eyes being slashed by Gintoki (which is an epic scene on its own). Obviously, the best fight of this ep is Gintoki VS Utsuro. Their fights are usually just simply awesome, especially with great animation.

Finally, Shinpachi said and did something crucial to the story in this arc for the first time! His flashback was quite hmmn... Sudden and out of place, but his determination is good though. It's thanks to Gintoki for slashing Utsuro's eye with the Altana-infused blade and Sadaharu that Shinpachi could deal real damage to Utsuro.

Sougo's fight with Hijikata against Utsuro turned out much better (in terms of Sougo's competency when fighting Utsuro) than in the Farewell Shinsengumi Arc where he just got completely rektd by Utsuro.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jul 13, 6:40 AM

Go ginchan! Kick his ass finally.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."

Pages (2) « 1 [2]