Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 18, 2018 5:37 PM
Jul 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow most of the characters died. I think they could've done this series in 12 episodes without introducing the side characters per episode long and just focusing on Gai but that would be boring because he is! Seriosly, Marcus, Issei and even Kuromaru are more interesting than main guy...

It feels like I'm watching B The Beginning another Netflix original all over again. *sigh*

5/10 - I'm still mad since Part II, Episode 3... you know why.
Sep 13, 2018 5:09 AM
Apr 2016
Wow, this series was slept on. Barely any discussions of it online. The ending... well, I definitely expected more than a quick montage of after events to wrap it up...
Sep 30, 2018 1:15 PM

Dec 2014
Got same impresion as momohime. They just killed every character in like 10s just because they can :D ... even himiko i think? ... she guards sword for who knows how long ,.. she meets gai, bam insta love and feels...aaand gets killed :D also in such a stupid way :D
Dec 28, 2018 8:34 AM

Sep 2012
dafaq just happened... enjoyed first season but second is just... meh i guess, wish they just did it correctly at least explain what happened at the end just sayin
Jan 13, 2019 11:43 PM
Apr 2016
The series was so bland, I looked up this show's MAL entry thinking it was an anime I've never seen before but remembered I saw it during the Summer of 2018. I can remember the worst League of Legends matches I had on that season THAN THE SHOW ITSELF! I can remember saying I wanted to eat some Cheetos on some random summer day than the plot of the show. I like action but the characters and plot is very abrupt and it just doesn't make sense, though I'm not necessarily a fan of Sayaka ruining the bad ass moments that Gai, the supposed MC, offers to the show. In the end, I'm gonna ride the wagon that is called "Season 3", and hope the show's loopholes is resolved with more fights that have more meaning and pray that no new random characters appear to the already wonky roster the show is forced to deal with.
Feb 23, 2019 4:26 AM
Jan 2018
The ending was horrible. After all those strong opponents that they can’t kill, just ended that way feels like they force to finish it early... :(((
Apr 5, 2019 3:38 PM
Apr 2019
Yall dont understand how the show works and the meaning behind it. I for one enjoyed it because it showed how powerful the human emotions can be. Gai the main character didn't get much screen time or character development but he improved throughout the show. He was cold hearted in the beginning but he met the chakra and saw him as a friend. The theme I guess you could say is that every weapon needs a sheath. When gai found his sheath he became himself again. Love was the true power in the show because it can make or break you. For example Mika he thought his girlfriend was real and loved him back but she never did which means there was no real connection between them.
Apr 22, 2019 12:06 PM
Jun 2016
Wasted my time twice 3/10
Apr 22, 2019 12:12 PM
Jun 2016
Tronigy said:
Yall dont understand how the show works and the meaning behind it. I for one enjoyed it because it showed how powerful the human emotions can be. Gai the main character didn't get much screen time or character development but he improved throughout the show. He was cold hearted in the beginning but he met the chakra and saw him as a friend. The theme I guess you could say is that every weapon needs a sheath. When gai found his sheath he became himself again. Love was the true power in the show because it can make or break you. For example Mika he thought his girlfriend was real and loved him back but she never did which means there was no real connection between them.

Stfu and gtfo...do u even know how to score....lol ur life must be pretty boring for u to actually enjoy this trash...welcome to the anime community/fandom yah damn noob.
Sep 2, 2020 9:27 PM
Jan 2018
I saw this on Netflix and i thought it would be good but man, what a let down. if they were gonna elaborate on the back stories of side characters, they should’ve at least made the base story interesting. the action scenes were terrible but not as bad as that last fighting scene, where was the climax???? it just stopped as soon as that guy died like wtf. although, they did pretty well on how they showed the characters trauma and their sadness. Overall, I would give it a 4/10.
Dec 17, 2021 3:01 AM
Dec 2021
So I just binged the show and I have finals tomorrow but lots of people that are posting are hating instead of being impartial. Remove yourself from the situation a bit, y’all getting a little too feisty for no damn reason. Anyways the best thing about the show was that every episode I was thinking what the actual fuck is this, why, just why…I mean it made me want to keep watching but I feel like everything could have been planned out much better. The character development for one… where was it? Gai went from being overwhelmed with korosu korosu and then doing some shit and then killing himself only to being overwhelmed with murderous thoughts some more and then some other shit but come on. The only thing that changed with him in the show, ignoring the back and forth “I’m a monster”, was him liking that one girl a little more(forgot her name). The most well developed character in the show was the guy who was crippled, had his best friend marry his ex, turned into a monster, roped into the organization, and then having a serious girlfriend who was his only happiness turn out to be lying to them. Also no shit, but the ending was rushed. I enjoyed the side stories, but again, could have been planned out way better. Anime or shows in general should have piece by piece coming together, flowing naturally to arrive at the ending. It seemed like a whole bunch of crap was going on at once and it’d literally go from a slice of life high school scene to a fight scene in an instant. That type of flow only works in comedies. I guess it’s an artistic style? If the anime had normal flow I don’t even know if it would be worse or better. Also what the fuck, the hairstylist banged the girl that murdered his sister? Also it was weird that they used cgi. The fight scenes could have been way better. The soundtrack could have been better. But about the girls that were hospitalized, I totally thought that they were grooming them to make the guy members of the association “happy”, I feel like that would have been better instead of making them science experiments but oh well, or they could have made it seem like they were turning them into monsters earlier on. I think there was a lot of unnecessary dialogue. That whole part could have been dropped and they could have just had an episode about their sad lives. Also the backstories of all of the swords. Absolutely every myth to exist turned into a fucking sword. I guess I’m a hypocrite because I’m starting to get feisty. Could have been much better, if you read this fuck off.
Mar 11, 2022 5:56 AM

Jan 2016
man I wonder if I will ever find someone who is reading the manga to get to know what happened after the anime

I know it is not the best series but anyway...
Oct 14, 2022 3:46 PM
Apr 2022
The animation was good but the storyline is so bad. As if the writer just randomly came up with JUST whatever that comes into mind and then just call it anime.

TOTAL WASTE OF TIME.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Gai: The Animation Part II Episode 7 Discussion

Hirugiku - Aug 10, 2018

2 by Flynnit »»
Aug 6, 2023 5:12 PM

Poll: » Sword Gai: The Animation Part II Episode 5 Discussion

Hirugiku - Aug 10, 2018

2 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 5, 2023 7:49 AM

Poll: » Sword Gai: The Animation Part II Episode 3 Discussion

Hirugiku - Aug 10, 2018

4 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 4, 2023 11:03 AM

Poll: » Sword Gai: The Animation Part II Episode 1 Discussion

Hirugiku - Aug 8, 2018

4 by Reversign »»
Mar 21, 2023 4:01 PM

Poll: » Sword Gai: The Animation Part II Episode 2 Discussion

Hirugiku - Aug 10, 2018

3 by 1coolgirl2b »»
Jun 26, 2020 4:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.