Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 17, 2018 6:31 AM

Nov 2007
On Friday, the official website for the previously announced Project Anima has announced the winner under the sci-fi and robot anime theme. No submission earned the first place, so the runner-up Sakugan Labyrinth Marker by Nekotarou Inui will be getting an anime adaptation. Studio Satelight will be in charge of the anime adaptation to be released in 2020, in which the format is still unknown.

Synopsis
The distant future, long after the Western calendar is no longer used. Humans live shoulder-to-shoulder, cramped in the "Labyrinth," an underground world deep below the surface. There are many colonies where people live in the underground Labyrinth. The place is known for extreme high temperatures, but also for lodes of gold, silver, and other riches.

In one of the colonies named Pin-in, a curious nine-year-old girl named Memenpuu and her father Gaganbaa board a two-person work robot and mine for ore. They eke a living as the lowest of lowest "Worker" occupations. One day, Memenpuu begs her father Gaganbaa to set out as Markers — those who chart the innards of the Labyrinth as a spelunker — to search for her mother who left their home.

A Marker is the most dangerous, but also the most lucrative, job. Gaganbaa decides he cannot hold back the ever-curious Memenpuu from going off on her own countless times, and finally gives in. The two embark on a journey together in the work robot.

This is a father and daughter's epic journey with the theme of family love.

Sakugan Labyrinth Marker is currently on Estar.

Project ANIMA is a collaboration project between DeNA, Nippon Cultural Broadcasting, Inc., Sotsu, and MBS. The winner for the project's second anime theme, which will be fantasy by studio J.C.Staff, will be announced in the middle of September, while the third and final anime, which will have a kids and game theme by Doga Kobo, will be announced next March.

Source: Comic Natalie

Sakugan Labyrinth Marker on MAL
Sakana-sanAug 2, 2019 11:38 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 17, 2018 6:48 AM
Jan 2016
There is no first winner? What?

And you should edit the first sentence. It's confusing.
Aug 17, 2018 8:04 AM

Apr 2012
Family love... well, if it's will be a serious drama title without moe and fanservice, then I'm on board.

I also wonder what kind of work will be entrusted to Doga Kobo. Knowing their style, it can be melodramatic romance, yuri or slice of life ... or, all together.
Aug 17, 2018 11:28 AM
May 2016
Sounds really interesting and original, but if this gets creepy, I'm out.
Aug 17, 2018 11:56 AM

Nov 2008
LN contests need to be this strict next time. Project Anima should be the standard for the LN contests.

Aug 17, 2018 12:37 PM
Jul 2018
This is kinda confusing me at least the structure of this entire thing. So they got a theme, but none of the submissions got first place because... uhhh? Okay I got confused there.
Aug 17, 2018 2:31 PM

May 2017
Let me see if I understood ... Are they going to make an anime of the person who will win? The candidates(who are not pro) send their suggestions(manga, novel...) and they choose which is the best and will be adapt?

Or is it just a ideia to the mangaka make one about it?

"というわけで。待望の、体 操 服! でっあ~る。祭りであれば、余も着飾ってはいられぬと用意したが……うむ! 心身ともに軽くなったようだ。どうだ? 似合っているであろう、マスター?" - Random Quote From Internet by Saber Nero

Aug 17, 2018 6:11 PM

Nov 2007
@MrBluee The anime adaptations are from the submissions, which is in various forms: either it is in already done form from Estar and Manga Box app., or just in idea forms (planning, script, etc.) from Project ANIMA site itself. And it is accepted either pro. or amateur, solo or unit, etc. because the main purpose of the project is to give chances to the young creators. I'm sorry the previous announced news was described in too simple way.
tsubasaloverAug 17, 2018 6:20 PM
Aug 17, 2018 8:25 PM

May 2017

Oh... Thanks
It's seems awesome, loved that idea... I hope something incredible come out there... Otherwise, probably it will be just another something full of cliches that everyone is tired(I hope not).

"というわけで。待望の、体 操 服! でっあ~る。祭りであれば、余も着飾ってはいられぬと用意したが……うむ! 心身ともに軽くなったようだ。どうだ? 似合っているであろう、マスター?" - Random Quote From Internet by Saber Nero

Aug 19, 2018 8:34 PM

Jan 2016
More Sci-fi always welcome.
Aug 25, 2018 6:09 AM

Nov 2007
Ceremony at C3AFA TOKYO 2018 today.
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/296940

More topics from this board

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

22 by ZXEAN »»
2 hours ago

» 'Isekai Shikkaku' Reveals Supporting Cast Pair

Hyperion_PS - 11 hours ago

1 by seweholmes »»
3 hours ago

» Musician wowaka Dies

Sakana-san - Apr 9, 2019

34 by Oshieteoshiete4 »»
6 hours ago

» 'T.P BON' Reveals Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - 7 hours ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
7 hours ago

» Manga 'Medalist' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - May 17, 2023

55 by Adizcool »»
Today, 5:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.