Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Angels of Death
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 17, 2018 4:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Jesus Christ, all these voices...

Looks like Abraham makes his appearance this episode and it's unsettling. Not to mention, Zack isn't with her so she's alone. Thankfully, she does meet him later. The episode itself had the usual eerie feel although I felt underwhelmed by that Abraham guy.

He just seems like a really dull character. Rachel also had deal with some mindless prisoners but I have to admit that she's got guts for using a minigun.
Aug 17, 2018 5:34 AM
Sep 2016
Was a pretty episode
Aug 17, 2018 6:47 AM

Jun 2016
Anddd Gray finally appeard. Istg, he's a very interesting character and i love the dialogues he has with Rachel, i hope next week's episode is gonna be well adapted like this one.
Now shit is only going to get more intense lmao, can't wait to see it all animated.
Aug 17, 2018 6:48 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Zack's injuries sure were worst than he let on. Hmm so this new floor is a church. The mysterious writing though sure gives a sense of mystery. So the master of this floor is a priest how fitting. Given the priests attitude towards Zack seeing Rachel be so protective of him was nice. So there will be tests on each floor that Rachel has to solo. Quite the thrilling episode that allowed us to see how Rachel would act when she's forced to work alone to save her partner.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 17, 2018 6:59 AM
Mar 2014
If Zack actually kills her I'll be amased. Zack's injuries tho. Looking forward to next weeks episode
Aug 17, 2018 7:04 AM

Nov 2016
Abraham made his appearance, wonder is he's really endgame in this anime.

The show has finally gotten interesting for me and I'm also starting to get invested into Rachels and Zacks relationship.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 17, 2018 7:44 AM
Jan 2015
The change on Rachel's face tho, her eyes look a hell lot more scary

cannot wait to watch the next episode >.<
Aug 17, 2018 7:56 AM

Jun 2016
What a lovely adaptation. Both faithful to the game and creative enough to make some positive changes.

Aug 17, 2018 8:55 AM

Mar 2016
Me after watching this episode:
"I hope I didn't just downloaded and watched Evangelion again"

(P.S. I'm not kidding)
Aug 17, 2018 9:04 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Pretty thrilling episode, this.

Looks like this floor is of a Church. Can’t say I wasn’t expecting this, but I have to admit I didn’t expect it to be this soon by any means since the Op made the Priest seem like the main antagonist of the show. Regardless, the eerie feeling and those disturbing noises set up the episode fairly well. Meanwhile, Zack’s condition is worsening by the second. Rachel mercilessly finishing off those zombies makes me wonder what and who on Earth Rachel really is. Pretty sure she’s passed this first test though. How long will she take and how long can Zack survive? Interesting to see what next week has in store for us.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 17, 2018 10:40 AM

May 2017
Is it just me who thinks Zack could just tie his jacket around the wound for the time being?
Aug 17, 2018 10:51 AM

Sep 2011
I don't know if I missed them but this is my first time seeing supernatural stuffs. So this series is supernatural or is there some sort of trick?

Aug 17, 2018 10:55 AM

Jun 2014
Rachel looks like she snapped at the end. She really is determined and hellbent on saving Zack (which she should be, seeing as how she wants him to kill her).
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 17, 2018 11:40 AM

Jul 2017
It was alright. I liked Gray and the vibes he's giving so far. Other than that, not really much to talk about.
Aug 17, 2018 11:47 AM

Jan 2016
There are no other characters in the poster than the ones we have seen, so what are they gonna do for 9 more episodes?
Aug 17, 2018 11:59 AM

Feb 2016
It was a good episode! Rachel do has a strong determination, she's willing to go through all doors just to get Zack patched up.

The OST from the kid's floor is here again, and boy, how I love it!

LocalTrashcan said:
Is it just me who thinks Zack could just tie his jacket around the wound for the time being?

I was thinking of that through the entire episode, but giving how big that wound is I don't know if that would be of any help. I may be on the wrong here tho.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Aug 17, 2018 12:52 PM

Apr 2015
Rachel's eyes at the end, She can be really scary when she's serious!
Aug 17, 2018 12:53 PM

Jun 2016
Tennouji said:
I don't know if I missed them but this is my first time seeing supernatural stuffs. So this series is supernatural or is there some sort of trick?

DM me if you want spoilers. Though it's better to figure it out yourself :P

Aug 17, 2018 2:21 PM

May 2017
LocalTrashcan said:

I was thinking of that through the entire episode, but giving how big that wound is I don't know if that would be of any help. I may be on the wrong here tho.

Yeah, it probably wouldn't entirely stop the bleeding, but it could definitely stall for some time.
Aug 17, 2018 3:36 PM
May 2017
Zack seems to be immortal, how can he even survive that long with an injurie like that? Oh well...

I was surprise to see Rachel kill these "zombies" mercilessly. I wonder what the priest gonna think about that.

I really looking forward to hopefully understand everything by the end.
Aug 17, 2018 3:38 PM

Mar 2016
This was a fun episode.

Although, Zack should be dead by now. He was electrocuted many times, a few episodes back. So, that should burn his body internally. And, the amount of blood he has lost must mean there isn't enough oxygen reaching his brain.
Looking at all the blood, I am kind of worried about his platelets. (If Zack is death, the platelets must be the angels.)

I knew Rachael would be messed up in the head, and I am glad we finally get to see it. Never thought this anime would turn out to be interesting.
Aug 17, 2018 4:10 PM

Mar 2013
Not sure why but i think this episode was somewhat better the the others

Rachel is finally showing a little bit more of her real personality
Aug 17, 2018 4:23 PM

Dec 2017
same shit as always, same riddle stuff incoming. at least some appealing rachel animation and gorgeous eyes
Aug 17, 2018 6:36 PM

Jan 2017
Having this episode play the pay the psychological card was long overdue; however, it was conveyed fairly underwhelmingly... Nonetheless, it was still a great episode with the introduction of the latest floor and it's inhabitant:
A seemingly blind priest -ironic since he is to pass blind judgment on a person.

But what's been bugging me, is Zack. For someone that had sliced open their abdominal area (which, I any other anime, would be followed by some sort of disembowelment or guts falling out) he sure survived very long -but staying true to anime tropes, his body really does have an infinite supply of blood, in any normal case he'd have bled out on Cathy's floor -in other words, where he had cut himself open
I can never get of this anime trope lmfao 😂😂😂😭😭
Aug 17, 2018 7:34 PM

Jun 2009
Still wondering how Zack is even alive after losing so much blood. :D Rachel was so brutal to these zombies at the end, can't wait for other eps. I'm finally getting interested in this anime again.
Also, i seems she definitely didn't have a loving relationship with her parents.
Aug 17, 2018 7:50 PM

Apr 2018
These riddles and puzzles are quite strange...
Minori Chihara <3
Aug 17, 2018 7:53 PM
Jul 2018
This episode was ultimately awesome. I hope that Rachel will pass all the test. Can't wait to see the next episode. 😍😍😍
Aug 18, 2018 7:32 AM

Jun 2017
Oh, I was wondering where that badass knife will come from in the opening and it's actually Zack's.
Aug 18, 2018 8:34 AM

Jun 2013
When Zack tried to stand up and blood poured out of the huge gash on his stomach, ew. Losing that much blood he should be dead but this is based on a game and it's an Anime so no matter how many gallons of blood they lose, they never seem to die.

Rachel's bloody footprints are very symbolic.

Damn, Rachel just shot all of those prisoners at the end. I'm guessing they're not really zombies, just fucked up.
臭い-
Aug 18, 2018 10:25 AM

Jan 2018
Can't Zac just take some bandages off his arm and with it prevent the bleeding...
And he should have already died from blood loss :P
Aug 18, 2018 11:10 AM

Apr 2015
Zack has more blood in his body than Rachel and her mother and her mother's mother (and her mother's mother's mother) combined. Fact. It's nitpicking though.

I mean, maybe it's because his voice is super recognizable, but it really feels like Mr Ootsuka is in every single show. Almost feels like when Hanakana was in every other show, and a few more shows on top of that, each season

Show turned almost fantasy, meandered a bit too much in the first half maybe, but it came out okay. The atmosphere this week did let me recognise and appreciate the setting again. An improvement
Aug 18, 2018 12:24 PM

Jan 2018
It was a good episode
poor Zack
Aug 18, 2018 11:57 PM

Jun 2017
Very nice episode, Gray looks so fishy tho.
Hope Zack will stay better :'(

"You're my wings right? If I'm with you, I can fly anywhere I want... We'll always be together right?"

- Zero Two
Aug 19, 2018 1:09 AM

Oct 2008
Then suddenly I heard Jiraiya...as a Shinpu!?!?
3/5.

Aug 19, 2018 12:09 PM

May 2018
Ok, so Abraham is the final killer right, so assuming that he dies on the 10th ep who is gonna be the next killer????

Co'z it kinda looks like that Rachel may not be innocent looking, in fact she could be as psycho as those other killers. So After Abraham it wouldn't be surprised if it's gonna be Rachel Vs. Zack.
Aug 19, 2018 3:53 PM
Mar 2018
Finally arrived in B2!! Before the revlations of secrets of B1!!! Is Zack's collapse a kind of trigger for Ray????
Aug 19, 2018 4:18 PM

Dec 2010
That was a slower episode. Not bad at all. Zack is immortal but hey it was to be expected. They won`t kill him that soon and that easily.

JiangHaoyi1979 said:
Co'z it kinda looks like that Rachel may not be innocent looking, in fact she could be as psycho as those other killers. So After Abraham it wouldn't be surprised if it's gonna be Rachel Vs. Zack.

She is definitely not innocent. This is proved by fact that she is there. She has done something nasty. It is pretty obvious. We still do not know how she escaped the first floor - was it B6? You know the one from the first episode. Or maybe it was her floor.
Aug 21, 2018 5:57 AM

Feb 2014
Still dun no why I've been watching this XD
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Aug 21, 2018 4:38 PM

Dec 2016
So either Priest man is controlling Rachel with that gas or she's lowkey a yandere for Zack lol
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Aug 22, 2018 10:19 AM

Nov 2014
Did Rachel seriously spray the angel with the blood of a sinner? How cruel and symbolic. Seriously tainted.

I like how the voice actor for Gray is the same one who did Jiraiya in Naruto. It sure fits.

Also I've always liked Zack's voice actor. He did a few great characters like Bakugo from My Hero Academia, Karma from Assassination Classroom, Accelerator from Magical Index...etc. But I feel like he's not giving his all in this series. Especially the part where Zack's bleeding. His voice didn't portray Zack's feelings enough. There's not enough feeling in it. It sounds like just a low voice, nothing else. No emotions in it. Or pauses and breaks. The way he pronounces the words too doesn't fit the scene. He can definitely do better, especially after seeing him voicing Bakugo when he was beaten down by All Might and Accelerator showing concern for another human being.

TheFreycook said:
So either Priest man is controlling Rachel with that gas or she's lowkey a yandere for Zack lol

She's always been crazy. What kind of normal girl carries a gun around and shoots a human being without batting an eyelid?
Aug 23, 2018 1:02 PM
Feb 2018
How did this dude not bleed out Lol 😅
Aug 23, 2018 1:54 PM

Jan 2017
I must say, I did not expect zombies, but of course, it has got to have something to do with the purple fog/gas.
Aug 23, 2018 8:41 PM
Aug 2018
This anime sure has piqued my interest. I haven't seen the game or read any other stuff so I'm always excited to see the new episode.

Can't wait for that time when the characters' back stories will be revealed though a lil bit is being shown for Zack. And I can't wait to know the story of Rachel.
Aug 26, 2018 10:52 PM

May 2015
First a street, then a hospital, after that a prison, and now a church...

That's a lot of blood loss...but we know that psychopaths don't die very easily...

So now Rachel has to go all the way down to Zack's floor and fetch his knife...

We're Resident Evil now! And Rachel's pistol was semi-automatic? Use bullets wisely!

Cathy's body is gone? Oh my...and the priest said that the floors have those who are looking for salvation wandering them. Let's see what awaits Rachel on each of the floors...
Sep 2, 2018 5:44 AM

Jul 2008
So what kind of drug is this guy using?
Sep 9, 2018 9:46 PM

Aug 2017
Weird episode. I don't trust Abraham. It seems that he makes illusions from that book.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 12, 2018 8:50 AM

Dec 2014
well who really is Rachel… I bet she is the owner of floor 1.. but it still doesn’t make sense…
\
Oct 19, 2018 5:02 PM

Sep 2017
So, guy who's covered in bandages is in dire need of something that can be applied to an open wound to reduce bleeding, and Anime Alice in Wonderland is backtracking several floors to fetch his knife and some medicine..

Yeah I really can't think of anything she could have used to wrap up that huge cut in the meantime ^^

Logic aside though, I really enjoyed this episode and the whole series so far, and for entertainment that's all that matters to me
Nov 1, 2018 8:54 PM

May 2013
I was thinking Rachel could've used hot wax from the candles to close up Zack's wound or take off some of his bandages (if there are any excess) to wrap his torso :3

But it's koo'. We can go down a couple floors too, with the sketchy priest floor master, nbd haha :P
Nov 5, 2018 9:42 AM

May 2012
Fantastic episode with a new character that has an epic voice actor! Really looking forwards to see what's next.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Satsuriku no Tenshi Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2018

166 by Nelelelen »»
Apr 7, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Satsuriku no Tenshi Episode 1 Discussion

TheFreycook - Aug 8, 2018

36 by Elise_Eleanor237 »»
Mar 22, 6:09 PM

Poll: » Satsuriku no Tenshi Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2018

69 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Nov 2, 2023 9:09 AM

» Is it good or bad?

egosumjohn - Jul 31, 2023

30 by IkaruFox »»
Sep 16, 2023 12:31 PM

Poll: » Satsuriku no Tenshi Episode 4 Discussion

TheFreycook - Aug 9, 2018

25 by Waifuspls547 »»
Sep 8, 2023 9:22 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.