Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 16, 2018 5:49 AM
Aug 2018
You probably have one right an anime that change you're views on reality. In may case I think Hyouka influence me a lot as an individual after watching the first episode it really changed my views on reality. I'm not going to elaborate what the hell happened to my cause it's such a bother. So going with this I'll once again (just refer to the topic title)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 16, 2018 5:51 AM

Apr 2016
Re: Zero is the anime that changed my views on reality. But i'm not going to elaborate what the hell happened to me too, cause it's still too hard for me to talk about it.
Aug 16, 2018 5:55 AM
Apr 2017
Isekai smartphone, the revolutionary gateway to the niche side of isekai, is what changed my reality. It made me realize what true taste is. How? Oh, you know.
Aug 16, 2018 5:56 AM

Jan 2018
It changed MAL views a lot. I mean, you look at different threads with different topics. It's zero-two for me to handle it.
Aug 16, 2018 5:58 AM

Dec 2015
Honey and Clover, for reasons that would be very time consuming to state, and Mushishi. Also, your*.
Johan_Liebert_Aug 16, 2018 6:10 AM
Aug 16, 2018 5:58 AM

May 2016
Once a angsty teenager, Oregairu was a anime that heavily influenced my high school because it was comparable to my own experiences and interactions with others, but grew out of that phase.

However, something that has stuck with me right now is Gurren Lagann (currently watching) from its over-the-top madness but its characters constantly inspiring to do good and push others is something has changed my everyday life. Constantly push yourself to greater highs.

Aug 16, 2018 6:00 AM

May 2013
It would have to be the following series. The following episodes in particular. This is a rather huge topic to be honest :P
I keep rewatching these episodes from time to time.

Denpa Teki na Kanojo (episode 2 in particular)

Re:zero ( there are other episodes but Emilia's vs Subaru's dialogue at the end of episode 13 in particular )

Legend of Galactic Heroes (if I choose to view the events through the eyes of Julian Mintz).
KreatorXAug 16, 2018 6:04 AM
Truly a Divine Comedy
Aug 16, 2018 6:04 AM

Feb 2010
Before Hajime no Ippo I thought boxing was one of the lamest, stupidest and most boring sports out there. Same went for all fighting sports. But afterwards I saw the appeal and even got into following the UFC for a few years.
I probably regret this post by now.
Aug 16, 2018 6:07 AM

Jun 2017
I wonder I can't find any person that didn't change his/her views on reality...
I don't consume anime for this at least
Aug 16, 2018 6:11 AM

Oct 2015
Araki's Jojo's Bizarre Adventure made me think critically and introduced me and have been interested in music and western stuff after a life long loaded full of oppais and pantsus, which is still inside me. It also fueled my motivation for fashion and painting which I've been longing to get into.

π”šπ”žπ”«π”«π”ž 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠π”₯ 𝔢𝔬𝔲,
π”šπ”žπ”«π”±π”¦π”«' 𝔢𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱π”₯ π”žπ”©π”© π”ͺ𝔢 π”ͺ𝔦𝔀π”₯𝔱

Aug 16, 2018 6:11 AM

Nov 2009
FragileGlass said:
You probably have one right an anime that change you're views on reality.

I'd say no, there is no specific anime that changed my views.
But if you're looking for anime that might change yours, I recommend Maoyuu Maou Yuusha.
Aug 16, 2018 6:16 AM
Apr 2016
The world god only knows changed my life entirely, in a good way (atleast i think so).
Aug 16, 2018 6:18 AM

Jun 2016
Rainbow nisha rokubo what happen to Sakuragi change my views that People that refuse to kill and People that are way too soft Are fools and idiots who I hate. Thus cause my hatred for people who are cowards that refuse to kill because they think is not right thing to do despite their being a good reason to kill that person(Especially If that person is piece of trash that deserve to die)

This is my origin of my extreme hatred towards goody two shoes people/Characters(Not balance type of good guy) this applies to real life and anime.
PrideRoyalIvyAug 16, 2018 6:25 AM

Aug 16, 2018 6:22 AM

Feb 2015
Anime may provide me some food for thoughts but I don't think any changed my worldview.
Aug 16, 2018 6:22 AM

Jul 2014
One Outs and Serial Experiments Lain.
"Most anime makers are basically autistic" - Hideaki Anno
Aug 16, 2018 6:25 AM

Mar 2015
Ousama Game made me realize that there is indeed a god out there.
Aug 16, 2018 6:28 AM
Jul 2018
Glasslip makes me believe that every living beings deserve to be alive, especially chicken.
Aug 16, 2018 6:36 AM

Feb 2017
Clannad After Story and Grave of the Fireflies made me reconsider my priorities in life at a time when I really needed to.
Aug 16, 2018 6:39 AM

Feb 2018
Literally every second anime. That's why I watch it.
Aug 16, 2018 6:41 AM

Jul 2017
shinsejai yori
clannad
death parade
angel beats
Aug 16, 2018 6:43 AM

Jul 2014
I kid you not, Love Live for some reason made me rethink about the world and life as a whole.

also Barakamon.
Aug 16, 2018 6:45 AM

May 2017
Oregairu - It's fine to be alone. Being alone doesn't mean you're lonely.
Aug 16, 2018 6:47 AM
Jul 2018
Watching Doraemon made me realize how boring real world is
Aug 16, 2018 6:50 AM

Jun 2016
kuzu no honkai ofc and i haven't finished the anime yet
Aug 16, 2018 6:55 AM
Aug 2018
thizlas said:
Clannad After Story and Grave of the Fireflies made me reconsider my priorities in life at a time when I really needed to.

That's probably one of the heart felt anime I have ever watch and by watching it alone you can feel deep down you should really reconsider you're life consedering how lucky you are
Aug 16, 2018 6:59 AM
Aug 2018
Onii-chan said:
Glasslip makes me believe that every living beings deserve to be alive, especially chicken.

I can't help but laugh at this and indeed the chicken was better than amy other character of that anime the rest are all dolls
Aug 16, 2018 7:03 AM
Aug 2018
-Lofn- said:
Araki's Jojo's Bizarre Adventure made me think critically and introduced me and have been interested in music and western stuff after a life long loaded full of oppais and pantsus, which is still inside me. It also fueled my motivation for fashion and painting which I've been longing to get into.

That's an odd way from staying off course for you're motivation a cultured individual indeed
Aug 16, 2018 7:05 AM

Aug 2018
Violet Evergarden made me realize how sad life can be
Aug 16, 2018 7:06 AM

Feb 2018
Saiki Kusuo no psi nan made me realize that I like blue hair.
Aug 16, 2018 7:30 AM

Nov 2013
Literally so many series that there’s too many to name. There’s depressing anime that open your mind to the harsh reality of the loneliness of life like Texhnolyze or NHK. There’s coming of age anime like Maison Ikkoku or Touch that create realistic, human characters and present life lessons through the characters’ development, one of my favorite being how becoming an adult is not easy, but also not such a bad thing. There is motivational anime like Hajime no Ippo, Ashita no Joe that show how anyone can overcome adversity and make themselves great or euphoric anime like Aria or YKK manga that show you the simplistic beauty of life. This is why I like anime and manga so much, because it makes me feel certain ways about things that no other form of entertainment can.
Aug 16, 2018 8:25 AM
Aug 2018
TheBasedMaki said:
I kid you not, Love Live for some reason made me rethink about the world and life as a whole.

also Barakamon.

In my case love live change my preference when it come with girls now I'm into 2d which is a .....
Aug 16, 2018 8:34 AM
Aug 2018
https://myanimelist.net/anime/30/Neon_Genesis_Evangelion?q=Neon%20
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Living in a middle of a ruined world
Aug 16, 2018 8:39 AM
Aug 2018
Swagernator said:
Re: Zero is the anime that changed my views on reality. But i'm not going to elaborate what the hell happened to me too, cause it's still too hard for me to talk about it.
I feel like that changed my views on something but I don't know what lol
Aug 16, 2018 8:44 AM
Apr 2018
Parasyte definitely. It is so deep and makes u think on many simple things that it's almost nerve wrecking
But it's really popular u might have cn it so u can try these
Re life ( will play a positive role if it affects u)
Boku dake ga inai machi
Psycho pass
Youkoso jitsuryoko
Aug 16, 2018 8:49 AM

Sep 2015
xShinigami3125 said:
Saiki Kusuo no psi nan made me realize that I like blue hair.

I see you're a man of culture, definitely.
Aug 16, 2018 8:50 AM

Oct 2011
"Another" made me think that not all horrors are just scary. They also
can be so interesting that you forget about scary things.
Aug 16, 2018 8:54 AM

Sep 2015
Gohan and Videl in Dragon Ball Z made realize I would never be able to shot a Kamehameha wave or fly :(
Aug 16, 2018 9:23 AM

Jul 2014
FragileGlass said:
TheBasedMaki said:

also Barakamon.

In my case love live change my preference when it come with girls now I'm into 2d which is a .....

Yeah that too. I got stuck in the idol hell.
Aug 16, 2018 11:58 AM

Nov 2017
Neon Genesis Evangelion made me realize other human beings can be pieces of shit.
Aug 16, 2018 12:08 PM

Dec 2017
i still fucking lol at people that change their views on REALITY through ANIME. usually it's reality who gives you a good ol' kick in the butt so you change the views about it, not some animu shit
Aug 16, 2018 12:31 PM

May 2018
It's so cheesy to say that a fucking anime changed my life, but imma say it anyways. Boku dake ga Inai Machi changed how I view life.
Aug 16, 2018 1:36 PM

Jan 2013
Swagernator said:

lol you gave it a 2/10 so I'll assume it wasn't a positive change whatever it was.
And I doubt you hate it for the same reasons I do (obvious if you check my favorite characters).
Aug 16, 2018 2:04 PM

Jun 2016
Anime that do that tend to be one of my favorites, and i can say Shinsekai Yori and Girls' Last Tour are the ones that did it the most for me.
Angels of Death also did it for me in a certain way, but i am talking about the game here since i don't know how the anime will turn out in comparison.
Aug 16, 2018 2:16 PM

Aug 2017
Neon Genesis Evangelion, Steins;Gate, Shinsekai Yori.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 16, 2018 2:16 PM

Aug 2017
Neon Genesis Evangelion, Steins;Gate, Shinsekai Yori.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 16, 2018 2:27 PM

Feb 2018
uninstallthegame said:
i still fucking lol at people that change their views on REALITY through ANIME. usually it's reality who gives you a good ol' kick in the butt so you change the views about it, not some animu shit

Running away from reality can actually enlighten people. Reality is not that important as it looks like, and reality alone is not enough to make anyone happy. Illusions are much more important sometimes. I'm totally happy I can read books or watch anime, discuss stuff with friends and listen music. Are these all real things? It is not food, not car. You cannot put a good dialog into your pocket, and it costs nothing. But it can make you happy even if nobody will promise to give you money during the conversation.
Aug 16, 2018 2:44 PM

Dec 2017
DeadOpossum said:
uninstallthegame said:

Running away from reality can actually enlighten people. Reality is not that important as it looks like, and reality alone is not enough to make anyone happy. Illusions are much more important sometimes. I'm totally happy I can read books or watch anime, discuss stuff with friends and listen music. Are these all real things? It is not food, not car. You cannot put a good dialog into your pocket, and it costs nothing. But it can make you happy even if nobody will promise to give you money during the conversation.

are you talking about comforting yourself in your little shell and finding your own happiness or about the change of views on reality? it's really subjective to every single individual, you can shut yourself in with books, shows and movies, friendly chit-chats about this and that, being an introvert or a hikkimori. it doesn't matter to me what you do to achieve or perceive your way towards happiness, if that's what you like and enjoy - do what you wanna do. however, that doesn't change the reality itself, it's still out there and it will hit you hard some day, even if you close yourself out of it

if you're talking about asceticism, then you gotta be a really strong-willed person to live like that, which i doubt a dude after watching some anime will be
Aug 16, 2018 3:27 PM

Jul 2014
End of Evangelion gave me a more positive outlook on life and humanity.
Take care of yourself

Aug 16, 2018 3:41 PM

Jul 2013
Nisemonogatari changed my views on toothbrushes in general. Once, I thought that they were tools to clean your teeth, but now I know they are in truth weapons of mass orgasmic destruction.

Hataraku Saibou made me realize the importance of health to help your body cells. They work and fight day after day to keep you alive, with many of them dying in the process. All for you. I can't thank them enough for that, they have my respect.
IllyricusAug 17, 2018 12:26 AM
Aug 16, 2018 4:25 PM

Feb 2018
uninstallthegame said:

are you talking about comforting yourself in your little shell and finding your own happiness or about the change of views on reality?

I'm talking about subjective things as having bigger value than so called "reality". So it is totally logical to change your view on reality depending on watched anime. Watched funny anime => decided that my problems are not that important => did something more successful next. Watched food wars => started to treasure Japanese cuisine. Watched another stuff => purchased merchandise. Watched yuru camp => became camper.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» What else would be in your Favorites if you had MAL Supporter? (10 additional slots)

IpreferEcchi - 4 hours ago

3 by nishant0 »»
23 minutes ago

» Isekai anime are better than any other genre.

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 20

40 by FanofAction »»
23 minutes ago

» Do you watch anything else besides anime? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 21

72 by luckyrune »»
26 minutes ago

» Does being an anime fan make you proud or embarassed?

BuddhaIsBetter - 1 hour ago

7 by Theo1899 »»
30 minutes ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9065 by Baserleak »»
44 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.