Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Do you like the op Red Swan?
Aug 16, 2018 2:16 AM

Nov 2017
I hear a lot of people say it’s crap, but in my personal opinion I think it’s great. What do you guys think?
Aug 16, 2018 2:18 AM

Aug 2015
i like it, i think it suits the show where it is now. hopefully there will be one more like the others for the 2nd half of s3 though
Aug 16, 2018 2:21 AM
Jul 2018
It is okay. Just matter of preferrences.
Aug 16, 2018 2:23 AM

Feb 2015
It's okay, it's chiller than all previous OPs but it's not bad.
Aug 16, 2018 2:24 AM

Jul 2013
It's okay. Kinda underwhelming after the "sasageyo" thing, but not bad. At least this one doesn't has an entire zoo running randomly.
Aug 16, 2018 2:25 AM

Oct 2017
This season's opening isn't bad. But at the same time, it's not better than the previous openings... Anyways, this season's opening fits perfectly for this arc. I'm pretty sure its second opening will be much better than this...
Aug 16, 2018 2:26 AM

Apr 2013
I don't like it since it doesn't fit the show imo. Especially after the first three openings were so fitting and different from the usual anime openings with its own touch.
Just by itself it's a nice song though.
Aug 16, 2018 2:29 AM

Feb 2018
It probably fits the current arc better than the previous opeings and we ll probably get an opeing like the first ones for the second half of the show (if I remember the manga content correctly)
Aug 16, 2018 2:34 AM
Aug 2016
It's the embodiment of ResidentSleeper twitch emote. I don't like it.
Aug 16, 2018 3:01 AM
Jul 2018
i thought it was trash at first but it's growing on me
Aug 16, 2018 3:04 AM

Sep 2017
It's ok, fits the arc so I don't have trouble with it. It don't skip it, but I don't extremely love it either.

Aug 16, 2018 3:12 AM

Mar 2015
It's good, and it made me realize that Erwin and Levi have the same face as kids and adults.
Aug 16, 2018 3:29 AM

May 2018
The opening was so emotional to me, I like it a lot. It is different from previous openings, but it fits well.
Aug 16, 2018 5:12 AM
Aug 2018
I think it's matter of choice people who dislike the new op maybe was expecting for another lit one like the previous seasons
Aug 16, 2018 7:57 AM

Oct 2014
I don't think it's bad, I just don't think it fits the show. Some say otherwise, so I guess it just comes down to opinion.
Aug 16, 2018 8:01 AM

Apr 2014
Moved from Anime Discussion
Swagernator said:
@NoLiferSoul did nothing wrong!

Ardanaz said:
@Nolifersoul did nothing wrong
Aug 16, 2018 10:21 PM

Jan 2016
The opening has a feels like "uncovering a secret" and "the pasts and memories". So from the anime i kinda understand why they did that, but the main interests of most people are the epicness of it so maybe people kinda upset with that.

Personally though, i think the OP is good but its just not my thing
Aug 18, 2018 6:45 AM

Dec 2015
I like it but mainly because I'm a Yoshiki fanboy and a sucker for Hyde's voice. Given the direction this season is going it seems to fit pretty well both soundwise as per lyrical content but of course it is a bit anticlimactic after the previous three openings.
Aug 18, 2018 7:09 AM

Aug 2012
I always skip it, so no.
Wish they would flip around ending and opening song, still wouldn't make much difference.
Aug 18, 2018 10:07 AM
Apr 2016
Gator said:
I don't like it since it doesn't fit the show imo. Especially after the first three openings were so fitting and different from the usual anime openings with its own touch.

That's where you (and the mass) get it wrong. This opening sequence is actually what the series is about to begin with;as it was envisioned by the original creator. Since the suspense of "them vs us" is finally gone, they could make an opening which focuses on the characters and their struggle in the world, dropping the endless violence pretense.
holysauron said:
I like it but mainly because I'm a Yoshiki fanboy and a sucker for Hyde's voice. Given the direction this season is going it seems to fit pretty well both soundwise as per lyrical content but of course it is a bit anticlimactic after the previous three openings.

Wait it is not the other way around? Because it would be awkward since I have thanked Yoshiki for giving Shingeki no Kyojin his voice... man...
Re:formed
Aug 18, 2018 9:50 PM

Dec 2015
Daniel_Naumov said:
Gator said:

That's where you (and the mass) get it wrong. This opening sequence is actually what the series is about to begin with;as it was envisioned by the original creator. Since the suspense of "them vs us" is finally gone, they could make an opening which focuses on the characters and their struggle in the world, dropping the endless violence pretense.
holysauron said:

Wait it is not the other way around? Because it would be awkward since I have thanked Yoshiki for giving Shingeki no Kyojin his voice... man...

Yoshiki is a drummer and piano player and Hyde is a singer and guitar player. To be honest I've never even heard Yoshiki sing.
Aug 19, 2018 2:03 AM

Apr 2013
Daniel_Naumov said:

Do you have a source where the creator says that? Because to me it feels like the violence is actually even more present in this season, since getting killed by other humans instead of mindless titans seems even more violent to me.
Aug 19, 2018 4:29 AM
Jul 2012
"sasageyo" was bad and so is this one. Hopefully the writing isn't also terrible this season.
Aug 19, 2018 11:36 AM
Apr 2016
Gator said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

Do you have a source where the creator says that? Because to me it feels like the violence is actually even more present in this season, since getting killed by other humans instead of mindless titans seems even more violent to me.

And that is exactly what it was supposed to be about. Moral dilemmas, pursuit after truth - first two seasons were almost exclusively stuffed with big titans stomping things, them flying and cutting the titans - but it was, as well as for other great series, just a premise to... well, probably make it all look dark and terrifying, bringing in more viewers who can't find themselves mentally invested in bare art. But now, since everyone knows it is not the titans who are the main enemy of the humanity, but humanity itself, it can finally go into more art-ful, symbolic storytelling. The heroes now do not only have to fight, but have to decide whether they will fight this one guy or that one guy who each have their own reasons and morality. Violence, as it always is in actual art, is only the first layer, behind which many more dimensions intertwine and reach out to thorough viewer.
holysauron said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

Yoshiki is a drummer and piano player and Hyde is a singer and guitar player. To be honest I've never even heard Yoshiki sing.

Yeah if he does read that... it is going to be awkward.
Re:formed
Aug 19, 2018 12:10 PM

Nov 2011
Each opening so far has revolved around whats going on in the season.
Since this season is more character development and back story it's more laid back. Even with some killings here and there it's not mass chaos. At least not yet.

It's an underappreciated opening.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Aug 19, 2018 1:22 PM

Dec 2016
Damn it's just so crap, it just gets me out of the anime, i'm totally focused the im like "what the hell am I watching?" so frustrating.. Like if you had a dildo ad for 1min30, unwatchable
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Sapewloth - Aug 8, 2018

117 by Adrian610 »»
Apr 8, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2018

443 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 6:23 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2018

243 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 5:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2018

214 by Apreggi »»
Mar 19, 4:41 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2018

188 by Apreggi »»
Mar 19, 4:01 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.