Forum Settings
Forums
BTOOOM!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 15, 2018 11:17 PM

Apr 2016
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Well this is chapter 121.2 aka the light end, note the end count of Btooom! includes 121 normal chapters, this chapters (the light end) and 3 additional side chapters for a total of 125 chapters.

Well compared to the dark ending everybody lives and Sakamoto and Himiko get their happy ending together.
AkoramAug 15, 2018 11:20 PM

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
π = 3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944592307816406286208998628034825342117067982148086513
Jan 16, 2019 9:11 AM

Nov 2018
This is happy ending version. Second ending was bad ending which our mc died. Both ending suck so doesn't matter.

Jan 23, 2019 7:33 AM
Jan 2019
This is happy ending version. Second ending was bad ending which our mc died. Both ending suck so doesn't matter.

can someone spoil me the light end?
Mar 3, 2019 2:44 PM
Sep 2018
Alehart said:

Alehart said:

Ok i will tell you about the two ending light and dark

iScream4zMar 4, 2019 2:42 PM
Mar 3, 2019 6:08 PM
Jan 2019
iScream4z said:
Alehart said:
Alehart said:

i understood that all thanks you :)
I prefer the light ending...the dark is too much sad(come on,i think our mc deserve an happy ending with himiko xD)And i don't know how to use the spoiler here
Mar 3, 2019 9:37 PM
Sep 2018
Alehart said:
iScream4z said:

I prefer the light ending...the dark is too much sad(come on,i think our mc deserve an happy ending with himiko xD)And i don't know how to use the spoiler here

Same here i prefer the light ending, but the author said the true ending is the dark ending :( . Anyway i will try to forget this manga , because the dark ending it was really so much drama so much emotions especially between MC and Himiko. I remember i cried for Himiko chan :( . Anyway i prefer light ending MC x Himiko married couples . :))

This is the link that explain how to use spoilers and other things in MAL

https://myanimelist.net/info.php?go=bbcode
Mar 4, 2019 5:16 PM
Jan 2019
iScream4z said:
Alehart said:

Same here i prefer the light ending, but the author said the true ending is the dark ending :( . Anyway i will try to forget this manga , because the dark ending it was really so much drama so much emotions especially between MC and Himiko. I remember i cried for Himiko chan :( . Anyway i prefer light ending MC x Himiko married couples . :))

Thanks, but the author did the ligh ending or the dark first?
Mar 5, 2019 2:11 AM
Sep 2018
Alehart said:
iScream4z said:

Thanks, but the author did the ligh ending or the dark first?

Dark ending then light ending :(
Apr 11, 2019 4:35 PM

Apr 2015
Just finished to read. I think both ends have good and extremely bad parts. I think it was possible to make a mix, but i stay with the light end.
May 17, 2019 5:57 AM
May 2018
iScream4z said:
Alehart said:
Alehart said:

THANK YOU! your explanation is pretty understandable and good too^_^
May 24, 2020 2:27 AM

Apr 2016
Quite, a sweet ending but I prefer the dark ending more.

I'm glad that I can finally set this to completed, this was one of the first manga I started reading. Overall, 8/10 quite the thrill ride of a story.
AkoramMay 26, 2020 10:00 AM

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
π = 3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944592307816406286208998628034825342117067982148086513
May 26, 2020 6:44 AM

Oct 2012
jesus I need to read from chap 1 and cry again
Aug 1, 2020 10:05 AM
Aug 2019
iScream4z said:
Alehart said:

The "official"ending is the light ending according to his afterwards. However,he wanted to show a more realistic what he thinks fit better.
That is his opinion though, I do mot find the dark ending that realistic.

Sakamoto is an ace. He should be able to turn everything to the best for his team always. He is so skilled that even if the world is against him, he will grow and win.
I am happy that the light ending is the official one. Imo,the dark ending is the less realistic one looking to his created characters.
Aug 22, 2020 7:02 PM

Jun 2015
It's interesting to see y'all are bashing both endings. Btooom! was never a soft manga with a lighthearted plot. It is not shounen. I wonder why y'all are in your feelings about the whole thing.

For me, I thoroughly enjoyed the whole manga. Having divided the endings to two routes was quite interesting and brave from the author. I never started this manga for a fairy tale ending of Sakamoto and Himiko having a "lived happily forever after" even if that direction would be equally nice to see.

This is still one of my favourite mangas of all time. The Dark Ending was quite the pill to take but I already read y'all talking about it so I knew what I was getting into. I just finished the Light Ending right now and I can say most soft readers should be satisfied with it. I'm all for both Endings.
'Life is full of ups and downs, trials and tribulations, successes and disappointments. Think positive always and never allow disappointments drag you down. Hell! Disappoint anyone and everyone, but never and I repeat, NEVER disappoint yourself'.
Dec 11, 2020 6:17 PM
Jul 2016
iScream4z said:
Alehart said:
Alehart said:

First off all thanks for the great summary of the ends. I, for this one found the story by the anime, it had just released. I got hooked up and logged the story and went to read the manga for a while after the anime stop airing. (got my hopes up after that Moblie game promise, but deep down i knew it would never be realised. Still to this day is o e that i want to wait for another anime season. I know just a pipe dream (just like Magi*haha*). Even tho this is definitely on my top list, i could not bring myself to finish it as i just had a feeling of a bad ending as i went along with the manga. I love this and I'll keep to me the memories and keep the "light" ending as canon, the one true ending for the characters, most specifically the one of my favorite couples in anime/manga/LN.
This one has marked me for sure and I'll cherish it forever :D
Dec 11, 2020 6:17 PM
Jul 2016
iScream4z said:
Alehart said:
Alehart said:

First off all thanks for the great summary of the ends. I, for this one found the story by the anime, it had just released. I got hooked up and logged the story and went to read the manga for a while after the anime stop airing. (got my hopes up after that Moblie game promise, but deep down i knew it would never be realised. Still to this day is o e that i want to wait for another anime season. I know just a pipe dream (just like Magi*haha*). Even tho this is definitely on my top list, i could not bring myself to finish it as i just had a feeling of a bad ending as i went along with the manga. I love this and I'll keep to me the memories and keep the "light" ending as canon, the one true ending for the characters, most specifically the one of my favorite couples in anime/manga/LN.
This one has marked me for sure and I'll cherish it forever :D
Jan 27, 2021 8:14 PM

Aug 2016
Raging_Berserker said:
It's interesting to see y'all are bashing both endings. Btooom! was never a soft manga with a lighthearted plot. It is not shounen. I wonder why y'all are in your feelings about the whole thing.

Probably because of the bad writing, not necessarily the outcomes themselves. They would hate solely the dark ending if it was because it wasn't "lighthearted" enough.

I'm just glad it's over.
Mar 30, 2021 9:17 AM

Aug 2009
Where are you guys reading the ending? I can't seem to find on any sites. Feel free to pm me. Thanks,

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Jul 2, 2021 1:54 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
To be honest I didn't think the dark ending was so dark. In some ways it's the lighter ending despite Sakamoto's death. The asshole drone pilots are shot down and get their comeuppance, Tyrannos corporation ceases to exist, Schweritz/queen are killed by Himiko (silly that she'd his daughter btw)and a new world order starts.

In the light version, yeah Sakamoto survives but they'll have to live in exile and the game is taken over by an even more shady character called Mortimer.

An unexpected finale to be honest. First time ever I have the Russians as the nice guys.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 3, 2021 8:40 PM

Apr 2013
Personally, I like the light ending better. Neither is a particularly good ending, but the dark ending loses points for me because it's obscenely idiotic. Emilia is revealed to be Schwaritz's daughter and she sneaks a BIM to him and kills him? And his death causes the super stupid evil global rich people cabal to magically fall apart? It's insipid, almost insultingly so. If anything, the dark ending is the happier ending, it's just happier for the world in general, as opposed to the light ending being better for a few characters.

As such, the light ending is something I find to be much more realistic, what with the main cast going on the run and ending up in Russia like Snowden, which isn't a happy ending at all. Regardless, Kira should never have survived. The fact the he lives no matter what bothers me, because he's a serial killer and rapist and he never gets his comeuppance. I don't care how much character development he gets. His crimes went far beyond forgivable and he should have died.

Overall, I think the focus on the conspiracy theory crap was out of place and only damaged the narrative. But the author strikes me as pretty silly person, so that's not that surprising. Longer Schwaritz. That name is so bad that even Yoshiyuki Tomino would have thrown his hands in the air.
Feb 25, 2022 12:21 AM

Jan 2013
Farabeuf said:
To be honest I didn't think the dark ending was so dark. In some ways it's the lighter ending despite Sakamoto's death. The asshole drone pilots are shot down and get their comeuppance, Tyrannos corporation ceases to exist, Schweritz/queen are killed by Himiko (silly that she'd his daughter btw)and a new world order starts.

In the light version, yeah Sakamoto survives but they'll have to live in exile and the game is taken over by an even more shady character called Mortimer.

An unexpected finale to be honest. First time ever I have the Russians as the nice guys.

Just finished the manga and I couldn't agree more with your take! totally agree on those points and felt the same way.

Since everyone's saying which they preferred, I personally liked the light ending more, but felt the dark ending was better. It was more fleshed out, despite the epilogue feeling a bit rushed. I liked parts of the light ending quite a bit, and I'm glad it's suppose to be thought of as the official ending, but it still overall felt like the author created the dark ending intending it to be the proper conclusion, leaving us with proper themes and lessons afterwards - in the light ending we don't even get a glimpse of Kira, Uesugi, Kaguya or Ida's life after the game. Whereas the dark ending has them all work together afterwards, which was more in line with what I thought would happen after they were all collectively traumatized in a death game. Also definitely felt the Oda vs. Sakamoto fight was unnecessary because the motives just didn't make sense. I'm fine with the trope of the main character sacrificing themselves for their friends at the end, but since it didn't make sense why they were fighting it felt a touch unearned. Apart from that this manga was well put together and consistent. Well worth reading for fans of the survival genre.
TheBlackCrowFeb 25, 2022 12:27 AM
May 2, 2023 11:05 AM

Jul 2021
I prefer the dark ending more, as not everyone in this world is supposed to get what they want, which felt pretty close to reality to me. And the light ending was good too but felt like it was some kind of a dream than an actual ending
May 4, 2023 6:24 AM

Sep 2011
I am not quite satisfied with this light ending but at least this is more acceptable than that meh shittier writing dark ending.
TennoujiMay 4, 2023 6:29 AM

May 16, 2023 6:13 PM

Dec 2022
iScream4z said:
Alehart said:
Alehart said:

Kaguya survives in the Light Ending. The epilogue has Ryouta mention she has recovered and can be discharged from hospital.

Shaded Horizon

Jan 14, 5:55 AM
Jan 2021
This ending is far better than the 1st one. 7/10 for the manga thanks to this 2nd ending.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Btooom! Chapter 125 Discussion

Akoram - Aug 15, 2018

12 by Kitsu-nee »»
Jan 26, 7:02 AM

Poll: » Btooom! Chapter 97 Discussion

drama_menck - Oct 5, 2016

21 by Kitsu-nee »»
Jan 14, 3:23 PM

Poll: » Btooom! Chapter 121 Discussion

Akoram - Aug 15, 2018

13 by Xeehad »»
Jan 13, 4:22 PM

Poll: » Btooom! Chapter 77 Discussion

Stark700 - May 11, 2015

23 by Kitsu-nee »»
Jan 9, 2:02 PM

Poll: » Btooom! Chapter 54 Discussion

hpulley - Jan 11, 2013

11 by Kitsu-nee »»
Jan 3, 2:42 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.