Forum Settings
Forums

Isekai and Being trapped in a game is an overuse trope we need a new one.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Post New Reply
Aug 16, 2018 6:28 AM

thank you for stating the obvious, op.
Edward Elric > your waifu

Aug 16, 2018 6:39 AM

I prefer isekai a lot more than overrated childish battle shounens that are all the same.

Isekai Maou >>>>>>>> Boku no Hero
Modified by YorukaWaifu, Aug 16, 2018 6:45 AM

Aug 16, 2018 6:48 AM

I have a very brilliant and original idea to solve the problem with the repetitiveness of the isekai products who come every season lately. As we always know, modern isekais tend to feature an OP main character with a harem, as well as some best friend figure who tends to be ignored during the series. We have already seen that 1000 times already, and we are tired of that shit.

So here is when my revolutionary idea comes. What if instead of only the main character getting a harem, we also give one to his best friend? That way we have two male main characters with a harem. That is something no one has never ever seen before. It also helps that people in Japan are also tired of those tropes. I have 100% real (no fake) and rightful sources that shows the discontent of Japanese people with modern isekais and their lack of two male protagonists having each one their own harem.

Try to prove me wrong if you disagree you plebs. It's not like I'm going to respond to you or anything.

Isn't it, @Manaban?

Aug 16, 2018 7:31 AM

Illyricus said:
I have a very brilliant and original idea to solve the problem with the repetitiveness of the isekai products who come every season lately. As we always know, modern isekais tend to feature an OP main character with a harem, as well as some best friend figure who tends to be ignored during the series. We have already seen that 1000 times already, and we are tired of that shit.

So here is when my revolutionary idea comes. What if instead of only the main character getting a harem, we also give one to his best friend? That way we have two male main characters with a harem. That is something no one has never ever seen before. It also helps that people in Japan are also tired of those tropes. I have 100% real (no fake) and rightful sources that shows the discontent of Japanese people with modern isekais and their lack of two male protagonists having each one their own harem.

Try to prove me wrong if you disagree you plebs. It's not like I'm going to respond to you or anything.

Isn't it, @Manaban?

Now that I think of it, I wonder if the MALpocalypse killed Hubert. Haven't seen him around since the forums came back, at least >_>

-------------------

Wait, is the central premise of this thread actually, unironically, "Let's determine what we want the next overused premise or mechanic to replace isekai is going to be?" like I'm gathering from the OP?

Are we just wanting a faceswap or something and that's it? ._. Do we actually not care about originality or any of that shit people suck themselves off to when bitching about tropes and common mechanics or such, and we're just wanting to replace the unoriginal and derivative works with with unoriginal and derivative works that are more suitable to our palette?

Well I'll be fucked, I guess. I didn't pay any attention to this thread but it leaves me at a loss now that I've been pinged into it. I can't tell if he's purposefully or accidentally taking the piss out of 98% of AD discussions with this topic ._.
Modified by Manaban, Aug 16, 2018 7:38 AM

Aug 16, 2018 7:39 AM

Illyricus said:

Isn't it, @Manaban?
https://myanimelist.net/manga/70363/Isekai_Mahou_wa_Okureteru

I've got your base covered.
"Kickstarter for Rokujouma physical book will be live this fall. Be sure to back it up guys."

Aug 16, 2018 7:42 AM

Illyricus said:

Isn't it, @Manaban?

You just stole the idea from that Hubert dude who was spamming this exact same thing back then.

EDIT: aww you guys already mentioned him :(

YorukaWaifu said:
I prefer isekai a lot more than overrated childish battle shounens that are all the same.

Isekai Maou >>>>>>>> Boku no Hero

I'm being torn between two worlds right now.

Aug 16, 2018 7:43 AM

Manaban said:

Now that I think of it, I wonder if the MALpocalypse killed Hubert. Haven't seen him around since the forums came back, at least >_>

-------------------

He is in Animesuki right now with another name:

https://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?p=6256394#post6256394
Modified by YorukaWaifu, Aug 16, 2018 7:47 AM

Aug 16, 2018 7:43 AM

YorukaWaifu said:
Manaban said:

-------------------

We should all write a letter to Animesuki, thanking them for taking him off of our hands :V

Aug 16, 2018 7:44 AM

YorukaWaifu said:
Manaban said:

-------------------

Nice to see that true legends never die.

Aug 16, 2018 7:45 AM

desusama said:

Those tropes and in some cases subgenres are not as inherently limiting in the kinds of stories they can tell as Isekai though. Gurren Lagann and Gundam are two ends of the spectrum in story telling involving mecha. Whereas in Isekai the protagonist must die, reincarnate with a ridiculously broken ability whether the story chooses to acknowledge it as such or not and then set about moving up in their new world. I'm not saying that's an inherently bad thing, but it can get very tiring, very fast.

Not sure about the "must die part." Re:Zero and Overlord both are considered isekai despite the main characters didn't die IRL and reincarnate. If you want to talk about isekai series that are on different ends of the spectrum, there are Juuni Kokuki, Isekai Shokudou, and Isekai Smartphone.

Aug 16, 2018 8:23 AM

UImoetard said:
desusama said:

Those tropes and in some cases subgenres are not as inherently limiting in the kinds of stories they can tell as Isekai though. Gurren Lagann and Gundam are two ends of the spectrum in story telling involving mecha. Whereas in Isekai the protagonist must die, reincarnate with a ridiculously broken ability whether the story chooses to acknowledge it as such or not and then set about moving up in their new world. I'm not saying that's an inherently bad thing, but it can get very tiring, very fast.

Not sure about the "must die part." Re:Zero and Overlord both are considered isekai despite the main characters didn't die IRL and reincarnate. If you want to talk about isekai series that are on different ends of the spectrum, there are Juuni Kokuki, Isekai Shokudou, and Isekai Smartphone.

I was wrong about the must die part, I thought about Re:Zero but it's only now that you mention it that I remember Subaru didn't die before getting to the new world. I haven't exactly had a good experience with Isekai mostly because I don't like OP protagonists with no flaws, or rather protagonists whose flaw is overwhelming stupidity like Subaru.

Aug 16, 2018 8:47 AM

The only way to stop a trend is to make a new trend
The way to make a new trend is to make a masterpiece anime

Actually the anime doesn't have to be masterpiece.It just need enough recognition and praise.
I mean look at how Infinite Stratos open a new trend of highschools and harem and battles
Narrator:
We're now at the natural habitat of some of the garbage human beings in the world.
And here,you see one of them is trying to say something intellectual and funny
But he failed.I guess he's too lame to do so.

Aug 16, 2018 4:54 PM
I think some cool shit could be done with isekai but unfortunately most of the isekai stuff out there is trop filled garbage

Aug 16, 2018 4:55 PM
Qhryea said:
bitchassdarius said:

None Of Those Are Isekai Just Because They Are Adapted From LN Doesn't Mean They Are Isekai Because Not All LN Is Isekai

what are you talking about, there's a lot of isekai anime, and don't tell me to watch more anime as your excuse, And Also Stop Using Uppercase Every First Letter Of Your Words, It's Annoying

There Are Only Two Isekai By Definition, Watch More Anime

Aug 16, 2018 6:05 PM

bitchassdarius said:
Qhryea said:

what are you talking about, there's a lot of isekai anime, and don't tell me to watch more anime as your excuse, And Also Stop Using Uppercase Every First Letter Of Your Words, It's Annoying

Isekai is basically means "Another World", boy i've seen more anime than you i'm not proud of it, but i can guarantee you, there's a lot of isekai anime, you probably need to watch more anime

Aug 16, 2018 7:11 PM
Qhryea said:
bitchassdarius said:

Isekai is basically means "Another World", boy i've seen more anime than you i'm not proud of it, but i can guarantee you, there's a lot of isekai anime, you probably need to watch more anime

I Can Speak Japanese, I know What Isekai Refers Too, And None Of The Anime You Listed Are Isekai

Aug 16, 2018 7:15 PM

bitchassdarius said:
Qhryea said:

I Can Speak Japanese, I know What Isekai Refers Too, And None Of The Anime You Listed Are Isekai

I haven't even listed anything you dum dum

Aug 16, 2018 7:17 PM
Qhryea said:
bitchassdarius said:

I Thought You Were The Original Unintelligent Cretin I Was Speaking Too. Sorry, You Know How All Of You Invalids Have The Same Face, Right?

Aug 16, 2018 7:35 PM

bitchassdarius said:
Qhryea said:

I Thought You Were The Original Unintelligent Cretin I Was Speaking Too. Sorry, You Know How All Of You Invalids Have The Same Face, Right?

yeah, im talking to one of them right now

Aug 16, 2018 7:40 PM
Qhryea said:
bitchassdarius said:

Grade School Comeback. Sasuga, Mr. Downy.

Aug 16, 2018 7:57 PM

bitchassdarius said:
Qhryea said:

yeah right, of course, of course you need to use the "great comeback sarcasm" when you have nothing to say anymore, typical 12 yo kid, anyway i'm not gonna continue this useless chit chat, i don't care if you reply to this or not you're just gonna look like a moron anyway, you have no idea what's isekai anime is and watch more anime you dummy

Aug 16, 2018 8:22 PM
Qhryea said:
bitchassdarius said:

yeah right, of course, of course you need to use the "great comeback sarcasm" when you have nothing to say anymore, typical 12 yo kid, anyway i'm not gonna continue this useless chit chat, i don't care if you reply to this or not you're just gonna look like a moron anyway, you have no idea what's isekai anime is and watch more anime you dummy

Yeah Right, Of Course, Of Course You Need To Use The "Great No U Comeback" When You Have Nothing To Say Anymore, Typical 5 Yo Kid, Anyway I'm Not Gonna Continue This Useless Chit Chat, I Don't Care If You Reply To This Or Not You're Just Gonna Look Like a Moron Anyway, You Have No Idea What's Isekai Anime Is And Watch More Anime You Downy

Aug 17, 2018 8:00 AM

Isekai genre will die out eventually. So why bother?

Aug 17, 2018 4:46 PM

Welcome everyone to watchmojo.com and in this video we explore overused topics and ideas, #1 sekai and Being trapped in a game is an overuse trope we need a new one
Yeah right there is no way a doujin about vomit exists.
Good song https://soundcloud.com/yeungkakit33/op4-hekireki-last-alliance
Tsumino account is BigMaraIppo
Another Good Song Listen to テスト by mukami #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/mukami/77a
Ashita no Joe and Megalo box are disappointing anime.
My reviews:https://myanimelist.net/profile/Botan-Chan45/reviews
Best Naruto Op: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByCNZxOBVWM&list=RDByCNZxOBVWM&index=1
discord name: Chitoge Kirisaki#9564
https://discord.gg/nGKu6zx my discord server for plebs

Aug 18, 2018 3:36 AM

As an amateur light novel writer, I think I can safely say that the 'isekai' genre is definitely overused, but people tend to dislike it because many isekai light novels use too many troupes and cliches, have boring or straight up shit plot and/or story or even if they have all that fixed, they have a horrible character cast.

If or when you read enough light novels, you'll come to understand exactly what is being overused and, with time, you'll be able to find some quality LNs or write a couple by yourself while avoiding the things many readers (and you, hopefully) tend to dislike.
I dare say that it's okay to have some sort of a minimum of cliches or troupes in an LN, but the author should be careful not to use them too much as then they'll end up with yet another shit LN amongst a wide and long list of shit LNs out there.

Aug 18, 2018 5:20 AM

Personally, I don't think that there is anything wrong with a trope being overused. I admit that some people are getting tired of seeing isekai anime with a harem of elfs and an overpowered protagonist, but is there anything really wrong with that?

Clearly isekai anime are not being made to purposely annoy the community. Most likely, it is because they actually sell well in Japan. You need to remember that the Nipponese don't care about what the Western world wants. I highly doubt that any major studio from Japan is reading this thread right now, or have even considered toning down the isekai trope. If they are making good money from it then they don't have any good reason to stop.

So, to conclude, you are allowed to have an opinion and express complaint, but no one is forcing you to watch isekai anime. I know you may be disappointed but nothing is going to change. Genres are crafted around the tropes/fetishes the majority of people of a certain group enjoy. Very rarely will a minority have an influence.

P.S. We are the minority.

P.P.S Shout out to the original isekai, Aura Battler Dunbine.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]