Forum Settings
Forums
New
Do real friendships exist?
Aug 15, 2018 1:17 PM

May 2016
The question is simple, i am curious to see what do you guys believe.

My opinion is that real friendships do not exist. Most of people keen on others for personal gain, either it is for attention or for something else. This is my humble opinion, what's yours?
Aug 15, 2018 1:19 PM
Jul 2018
so you don't consider any of your friends to be real friends?
i beg to differ
i don't keep my friends for personal gain,i love them unconditionally just as much as they do and we support each other 24/7
Aug 15, 2018 1:20 PM

Feb 2016
I think they do exist, it's just that alot of people might be may interested in using you as you mentioned.

Whether it'd be for a self esteem boost, leeching off you (E.G You always take them with you to new movie releases in the theaters), or whatever else.

But I still feel they exist, just have to find the right people. I guess it's just like finding your soulmate, more or less.

“Don’t just mindlessly judge people as you please.” – Rin Okumura
“Your past shouldn’t stop you from achieving your goals and dreams.” – Rin Okumura
Aug 15, 2018 1:20 PM

Mar 2018
what do you think would make someone a friend?
Aug 15, 2018 1:30 PM
Jul 2018
I only have a small amount of people who I could consider real friends.

I don't think we would have much to gain from each other by being friends, we like hanging out with each other or speaking over discord or whatever. Personal gain isn't really a thought. But definitely some people are just in it for personal gain, there is a bunch of horrible people after all.

I have to disagree that real friendships do not exist though as from personal experience I have met true friends but have met people who are backstabbers, dishonest etc. So I can tell the difference.
Aug 15, 2018 1:38 PM

Feb 2015
I don't have much real life friends but neither I, or I believe my friends have anything to gain from each other. Aside from moral support of course, but I don't think there's anything wrong with friends helping each other, right?
They are people I actually enjoy spending time with and talking to.
Aug 15, 2018 1:45 PM

Dec 2016
but that's exactly what friends are for.... to make alliances, it's a win-win relationship where both parts gain something from relating with the other one.... since the human race started having notions of society this has been the reason of existence of friendships....
Aug 15, 2018 1:59 PM
Jul 2018
I do believe in it but, it's hard af to get a genuine lasting friedship and I'm lazy so, I voted no. Good people are out there for sure, I've been fortune to meet some of them.
This said, a lot of suckers just want something from you.
Aug 15, 2018 2:17 PM

Jul 2016
I have friends and I trust them as much as they trust me, respect them as much as they respect me, etc. Which is a lot actually since I've been with them for years. Well, for my close friends that is. I enjoy spending time with them and that's really all that matters. I guess maybe environment and upbringing can make people cynical. Still, I think genuine friendship exists. Just gotta find it, as corny as that sounds.
"This little girl, who's not even half my size... taught me that tears can flow even from these silver eyes." - Teresa
Aug 15, 2018 2:20 PM

Jan 2009
i believe they do exist but not for me since i got strong negative symptoms like avolition and asociality
Aug 15, 2018 2:24 PM
Oct 2014
In the military, yes. In the civilian darkness, no.

Aug 15, 2018 2:29 PM

Jan 2018
They do exist but boy are you willing to accept their weaknesses and everything that they do would piss you off because you're that one nice person who can't hurt a hamster?
Aug 15, 2018 2:43 PM

Mar 2015
I believe in real friends, but I think real friends are rare.

Or at least in my experience they are.

woah there
Aug 15, 2018 2:46 PM

Dec 2013
Best friends are only exist in Konoha, the village that Naruro lives in

Aug 15, 2018 2:53 PM
Jul 2018
Used to believe the nakama power, but the real world slapped me hard. There is no such "friends" in workplace.
Aug 15, 2018 3:49 PM

Apr 2014
a friend is a unit that aids your survival. going to lunch but short on funds? they are providing you with the means to nourishment. buddy's to go to the bar? they are providing you with social exposure which may induce breeding. gonna play sports? they are fulfilling your exercise needs which may attract mates as well as keeping you healthy enough to breed. just to talk? they are keeping you mentally stable which is usually necessary to mate as well as providing social outlet. so friends do exist for some people
Aug 15, 2018 4:00 PM

Jan 2015
Real friends do definitely exist, and it's not that hard to make them, it just has to come from both sides and people often forget that some effort is needed in maintaining them.

Aug 15, 2018 5:34 PM
Jul 2018

I do believe in real friendship but it's a rare thing that usually develops slowly, over a long period of time, when you and your friend get to know each other, facing various situations. I would say childhood friends are good candidates, ex-partners and internet buddies are probably not.
Aug 15, 2018 5:57 PM

Apr 2017
wow y'all are either unlucky af or have shitty character judgment
mal's raccoon

boop !
‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ hell yeah !
from the distant
year of

the
are after me !
Aug 15, 2018 6:06 PM

Mar 2016
Hm, only online. Despite having "friends" offline in the past, I would not consider them real friends.
WORK IN PROGRESS
~The frog leapt forth to my lilypad memory.~
I was indoctrinated by an inamorata rabbit,
Adenomata affronted.
It was the verecund, dismissed creatures
That I jubilated in most.
This rabbit I would nurture,
At the aiguille of esse,
The anneal of noblesse.
❤️ Birdie ❤️

Aug 15, 2018 6:22 PM

Aug 2017
I consider "real friends" people I truly feel comfortable being around, and people who I know I can depend on. There are other people who you could just talk to about casual things but they aren't really ftiends
-insert wise old moosy adage-
Aug 15, 2018 6:42 PM

Dec 2008
I have "real" friends-I really despise people who pretend to be your friends just so they can take advantage of you.
Life Is Short But Intense.
Aug 16, 2018 5:54 AM

Jul 2015
Elanin said:
The question is simple, i am curious to see what do you guys believe.

My opinion is that real friendships do not exist. Most of people keen on others for personal gain, either it is for attention or for something else. This is my humble opinion, what's yours?
Just because you only have friends for personal gain, doesn't mean everyone only has friends for personal gain.

Also, how nice of you to let everyone know not to be friends with you. It's very polite when people like you out themselves like this, really saves others the unpleasant surprise later on.
"my life at this state could be transposed into a pretty massive biography"

- Cneq, "the guy who was literally using BTC in 2012 to make deals in the first main instance of a digital itemized economy forming naturally in all human history (also the precursor of NFTs) and who had 20k+ total trades.", 23 years old

MAL's most prolific antivaxxer, Noboru.
Aug 16, 2018 6:05 AM

Dec 2014
Define real friendships. That should be the thread.
Aug 16, 2018 6:15 AM

Oct 2015
I just grow mutual bonds with people, all I care is to have fun. I don't have a particular desire to gain anything from anyone.

𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔫𝔞 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠𝔥 𝔶𝔬𝔲,
𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔫' 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔪𝔶 𝔪𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱

Aug 16, 2018 6:15 AM

Aug 2014
friend: a person whom one knows and with whom one has a bond of mutual affection, typically exclusive of sexual or family relations.

affection: a gentle feeling of fondness or liking.

Basically, if two people know and like each other, they are friends. It's pretty simple.

Not only does this phenomenon exist; it is inevitable to happen. This is not a matter of opinion.

The only person stopping you from forming meaningful friendships is you. Take that to heart.
Aug 16, 2018 6:16 AM
Jul 2018
Yes, I've been friends with some people for years now. There are times when I didn't talk with my friends for a long time, but we never really stopped caring for each other. I believe I always meet good people and I've always met good people
Aug 16, 2018 6:51 AM
Jul 2018
Real friendships are mostly a myth, unless you can invest a lot of time in a person. I've met a lot of acquaintances in my life, and we hanged out sometimes, may have even called them a "friend", but I wouldn't call them a true friend. Life is too short to invest in some random nobody, who will probably go around and probably not even try maintaining a friendship. (Friends do no exist at all in the workplace, and the only reason I would call them a friend is to get some business support).
Aug 16, 2018 7:21 AM

Jul 2017
yes. there is such thing as real friendships if you think of them as a real friendship
Aug 16, 2018 7:26 AM

Oct 2013
Lets just ignore all social conventions and accept these specific scenarios as cogent arguments, let's just throw common sense out the window. Pinnacle of dispositional pessimism, smh.

Opening up to people often makes you really close to them -- at least from my experience. Empathy as an ability to further bonds with others isn't a myth and nor will you destroy your social status if you drop the pride levels down. Very little to lose and a lot to gain.
Aug 16, 2018 7:34 AM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
Yes. It takes time to build a real trust based friendship but it is possible. And it doesn't mean that you can be "real friends" with anyone.
Aug 16, 2018 8:17 AM

Apr 2014
by that logic everyone is selfish af, even when they do something nice they do it to make themselves feel better.

but if thats the case, 2 people who are friends are kind of sharing this bond, just using each other to feel that they are not alone (ill ignore the personal gain and stuff cus i havent experienced this). maybe that is what friendship is.

idk if i believe that real friendships exist but i do have these 2-3 people that id like to have in my life forever and share stuff,hang out with them etc. but ive kinda discussed this with them and ive already told them that i put myself above everything and if somehting ever happens ill just choose to save myself. i dont think thats smth bad tho, friends or not we are different individuals and we will always be technically alone
Aug 18, 2018 4:04 AM

Aug 2015
Yeah sure. It’s the people you acknowledge are different from you but stick to nevertheless. And how even though sometimes you might argue, the relationship is never toxic.

Those kind of relationships tend to be rare.

❝ falling sick on a journey
my dream wanders around
fields of dry grass. ❞
()
Aug 18, 2018 4:05 AM

Oct 2016
Sure they do, only people who've never had one don't believe in their existence.
Aug 18, 2018 5:59 AM

Jan 2016
Ehta said:
I believe in real friends, but I think real friends are rare.

Or at least in my experience they are.

You're not wrong. Real friends are rare. But for what it's worth, I'm happy to have at least one real friend. He knows who he is.
Aug 18, 2018 11:04 AM

May 2015
I'd take a bullet for my friends that stayed with me for 7 years.
I don't really show it but I care for them, and so do they.
Damn tsunderes tho
Aug 18, 2018 11:15 AM

Mar 2018
i don't really care if it's a true relationship or not. if i'm having fun and i'm not bored, i like them.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Would you like to be a sugar baby?

Ejrodiew - Apr 10

20 by Nyarly-Kanamin »»
17 minutes ago

» Do you remember The Godfather ?

scarydragon - 44 minutes ago

0 by scarydragon »»
44 minutes ago

» Is it a good idea to stay relatively anonymous online?

DesuMaiden - 3 hours ago

14 by Citrone39 »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Do you live with regrets?

Lightskynight - Apr 18

16 by LightWorker »»
1 hour ago

» Are you e-famous? Are you an Internet celebrity?

DesuMaiden - Apr 18

35 by whitebeartigtig »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.