Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Steins;Gate 0 Episode 18 Discussion


Aug 23, 2018 10:30 PM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 1
this episode was so dumb and cliche, c'mon this series is listed as almost a 10, why?
 
Aug 25, 2018 4:11 PM
Shinigami
Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 80
The first half was fine, but eh other half was terrible. The voice acting is so bad it makes me want to stop watching this anime.
Why can't they choose a good actors for god sake?!? Why do I have to hear such a terrible voice acting in such a high-potential anime.
Also this episode had a really bad plot, I can't believe they made it so terrible...
2/5.
 
Aug 27, 2018 7:14 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 14
That was really bad
Please go play the VN and stop watching this
As for this episode it'll deserve a 1/5
Disappointed ...
 
Aug 29, 2018 2:36 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 292
Amazing, just amazing....

666/5
"No matter where you go, everyone's connected." Iwakura, Lain.

 
Aug 29, 2018 3:48 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 93
matan7890 said:
The first half was fine, but eh other half was terrible. The voice acting is so bad it makes me want to stop watching this anime.
Why can't they choose a good actors for god sake?!? Why do I have to hear such a terrible voice acting in such a high-potential anime.
Also this episode had a really bad plot, I can't believe they made it so terrible...
2/5.


what the voice acting is really good it s the only good part of the first season that stayed in steins gate 0.

Look at the voice actors they are the best and the same than in the first season. it s harder to voice characters with no facial expressions though ^^'
 
Sep 2, 2018 2:09 PM
Shinigami
Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 80
[quote=Franck_Nicolas message=55572712]
matan7890 said:
The first half was fine, but eh other half was terrible. The voice acting is so bad it makes me want to stop watching this anime.
Why can't they choose a good actors for god sake?!? Why do I have to hear such a terrible voice acting in such a high-potential anime.
Also this episode had a really bad plot, I can't believe they made it so terrible...
2/5.


what the voice acting is really good it s the only good part of the first season that stayed in steins gate 0.

Franck_Nicolas said:
matan7890 said:
The first half was fine, but eh other half was terrible. The voice acting is so bad it makes me want to stop watching this anime.
Why can't they choose a good actors for god sake?!? Why do I have to hear such a terrible voice acting in such a high-potential anime.
Also this episode had a really bad plot, I can't believe they made it so terrible...
2/5.


what the voice acting is really good it s the only good part of the first season that stayed in steins gate 0.

Look at the voice actors they are the best and the same than in the first season. it s harder to voice characters with no facial expressions though ^^'


I don't know, I've got the feeling that the voice actors in this episode (and in the series overall) are always "trying too hard" to express feelings which makes the voice sounds like whining and not a real cry, fear, angry or any other emotion they try to express.
I've got this feeling many times in this anime and in this episode especially..
 
Sep 3, 2018 10:19 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 36
Hmm, very emotional episode but it didn't make me feel much. And that's coming from someone who often tears up from emotional scenes in anime.

Animation was pretty ugly at times, especially the far-away shots of the characters. The scene with Okabe and the professor in the stairwell particularly irked me when the same poorly-animated shot was cut to, like, three times.

Speaking of the professor, he seemed suspicious from the beginning so his reveal as the bad guy didn't come as a shock. His long speech explaining his motives while evil-laughing was really cliché and just a step down from what I'd expect from the Steins;Gate series.

So basically everyone else's gripes with this episode are also my gripes.
 
Sep 5, 2018 6:52 AM
Online
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 194
I find Kagari being that OP bullshit (well her character is bullshit too so...) and she died. One of the most anti-climatic deaths I have ever seen and the twist that Leskinen was the villain was just forced since he's kinda irreleveant to the story.

0.5/5 episode

 
Sep 5, 2018 6:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 766
terrible animation, super cheesy episode/lines.. and generally just not good.
Disappointing.
 
Sep 5, 2018 7:53 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 2
God, im excited to see whats gonna happen in the last several episodes
 
Sep 6, 2018 2:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 3514
Ah, good, Reyes was killed by Kagari. Well it was obvious that Alexis was the bad from the start. These soldiers sucks lol. Kagari is so..... tough. She is dead. I don't feel so much due that I never liked her so much...

Mayuri is still alive...good!

The last scene with her was amazing. I think that she and Suzuha are still alive.


Life has no meaning.
 
Sep 8, 2018 5:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 208
this fucking show I swear to god. these last two eps have just fucked me up.
 
Sep 8, 2018 5:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 330
I wish Leskinen didn't go full ham with his villainy there.
Mr Braun from the original series played a similar role, but felt way more organic and believable.


━━━━ ✿ ━━━━
✮・゚“мy ғavorιтe way тo вlow oғғ ѕтeaм ・゚✮
✮・゚ ιѕ тo ѕιng oвnoхιoυѕly loυd ιn тнe ѕнower” ・゚✮

━━━━ ✿ ━━━━
 
Sep 12, 2018 3:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 49
Wow... was loving this series so much until this episode. Character development(especially Mayuri) was going in a great direction and the emotional content was communicated well imo but this episode... its just so unbelievably bad. The tone shift, plot armor, villain reveal/exposition, all seemed so out of place among some well executed character development/plot movement(Mayuri's decision to finally do something) Damn. Couldn't care less about the low-quality animation if it wasn't among some of the shoddiest writing I've seen.

So is this where i switch over to the VN? Didn't play S;G VN so would I be totally in S;G0 VN?
 
Sep 13, 2018 10:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 11039
well that went in a lot of down right tragic direction…love this series nonetheless
 
Sep 15, 2018 4:09 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 43
Jesus christ, reading the VN i thought Kagari beating all these soldiers on her own was bad but the anime made it look 10 times worse. Killing someone in a split second by cutting his head off with her hands? dodging all those bullets, proceed to jump while they are shooting and break another soldiers neck.

What the hell LMAO.
 
Sep 16, 2018 8:09 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 321
Dannny said:
Jesus christ, reading the VN i thought Kagari beating all these soldiers on her own was bad but the anime made it look 10 times worse. Killing someone in a split second by cutting his head off with her hands? dodging all those bullets, proceed to jump while they are shooting and break another soldiers neck.

What the hell LMAO.


Yeah, episode 18 was retarded, everything went horribly wrong with that episode, including the anti-climatic ass-pull reveal from Leskinen as the bad guy which we already knew. Luckily the next couple of episodes are decent but that won't be enough to save this anime.
Modified by xZabuzax, Sep 16, 2018 8:30 PM
 
Sep 24, 2018 6:09 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 11477
This episode and the second half of the previous episode are just so awful. All these trained soldiers can't hit a damn thing. Suzuha and Kagari have some insane plot armor. Characters are constantly getting grazed by bullets. Leskinen's reveal made him seem like such a generic villain. I really expected better considering how well this season has been going up till this point. I hope they manage to salvage this show in the next bunch of episodes and make me forget about this cringe.
 
Sep 25, 2018 1:44 PM

Online
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 1683
Steins;Gate is just getting so bad it's good
 
Sep 27, 2018 4:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 411
jesus just switch timelines already lol rip kirisu and maruyii and kagurii and suzuha
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Oct 7, 2018 3:22 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 25481
Damn so many emotions and twists in this episode, especially that ending! Damn that was quite something. I would probably already lost it by then, but for Okabe still keeping a part of himself true, he really must be strong!

Really interesting development and episode, and most of my suspicious where point on, I do wonder what happens next.
 
Oct 16, 2018 8:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 949
wtf.... what they have made to steins gate... this was so bad...

I don't even feel like keep watching this anymore

Better drop this with a 4/10 and bye.
 
Nov 10, 2018 2:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 39
Saffron_entity said:
Wait what? Did Mayuri and Suzuha successfully go back in time? I hope so, that speech Mayuri gave at the end was (mostly) great. It would be really nice to have Mayuri do something and change the future instead of having Okabe do everything.

I mean the emotional content is great, but the plot just feels nonsensical and confusing. Did Hashida really stop Suzuha from killing Leskinen over a generic moral reason right after she shot (and potentially killed) the soldiers behind him? How did that actually work on her??? Did Okabe and Mayuri really just have a conversation in the middle of a fucking battlefield?

I get these situations are supposed to be emotional, but the situation just makes it so ridiculous. I wanted to be impressed by Leskinen but did he have to do the "a-ha! I have you cornered now! Now let me describe my evil plan to you while you find an opportunity to escape" cliche? He literally went from pretty-cool-guy to generic-evil-mad-scientist way too abruptly, and for hardly a good reason.


I'm just going to quote this user because this is exactly how I felt when I watched this episode,
But not only that, what the hell is with one girl taking down 20-30 odd men with machine guns who are suppose to be professionals trained to kill???

Yeah f--king right man, I accepted the dad beating the shit out of the 4 punks with guns to save his daughter because hey he was being the dad! But there was no excuse doing this again with this fight scene,

And like saffron said, the fact they really put such emphasis on we don't have time this is a battle field with bombs and explosions and bullets flying everywhere yet she stands at the doorway to the time machine talking bullshit before leaving and then the time machine explodes supposedly because hey thats dramatic!

WOULD OF BEEN A 10,
had they slashed the bad guys in half from 30 to like 8-10, took away most of their machine guns, gave someone else a gun like okabe or hashida or something, that could of been believable but its just so unrealistic I hate it so much,... Like even b rated movies do stupid action scenes but this takes the cake for dumbest way to handle a fight...

and they could of actually let suzuha go ape shit and kill that dude seeings their already going to another timeline anyways, and again, like saffron said, she literally just killed 2 people and like I said she LITERALLY KILLED 30 PEOPLE BEFORE THAT!

Shitty writing, last two episodes before this gave me hope it was going to be epic the writing went from bad to better to actually pretty great those two episodes, and ferris stopped with the weird cat shit for once, even okabe was finally getting angry and showing emotion and then they trash it with a bullshit reveal of the badguy and a even more mundane bullshit fight scene.

Hopefully the ending makes up for it, and god I'm pissed they don't show the numbers for the correct timelines anymore and they just use the same number changing animation again and again.... .... ...

Oh well its just a show, I'll somewhat accept it because thats life, but it still does make you wish for better writing and for more thought to have gone into this because anyone should of noticed some of the choices were outright stupidly made.
 
Nov 10, 2018 3:05 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 321
GodOfWolves said:
Saffron_entity said:
Wait what? Did Mayuri and Suzuha successfully go back in time? I hope so, that speech Mayuri gave at the end was (mostly) great. It would be really nice to have Mayuri do something and change the future instead of having Okabe do everything.

I mean the emotional content is great, but the plot just feels nonsensical and confusing. Did Hashida really stop Suzuha from killing Leskinen over a generic moral reason right after she shot (and potentially killed) the soldiers behind him? How did that actually work on her??? Did Okabe and Mayuri really just have a conversation in the middle of a fucking battlefield?

I get these situations are supposed to be emotional, but the situation just makes it so ridiculous. I wanted to be impressed by Leskinen but did he have to do the "a-ha! I have you cornered now! Now let me describe my evil plan to you while you find an opportunity to escape" cliche? He literally went from pretty-cool-guy to generic-evil-mad-scientist way too abruptly, and for hardly a good reason.


I'm just going to quote this user because this is exactly how I felt when I watched this episode,
But not only that, what the hell is with one girl taking down 20-30 odd men with machine guns who are suppose to be professionals trained to kill???

Yeah f--king right man, I accepted the dad beating the shit out of the 4 punks with guns to save his daughter because hey he was being the dad! But there was no excuse doing this again with this fight scene,

And like saffron said, the fact they really put such emphasis on we don't have time this is a battle field with bombs and explosions and bullets flying everywhere yet she stands at the doorway to the time machine talking bullshit before leaving and then the time machine explodes supposedly because hey thats dramatic!

WOULD OF BEEN A 10,
had they slashed the bad guys in half from 30 to like 8-10, took away most of their machine guns, gave someone else a gun like okabe or hashida or something, that could of been believable but its just so unrealistic I hate it so much,... Like even b rated movies do stupid action scenes but this takes the cake for dumbest way to handle a fight...

and they could of actually let suzuha go ape shit and kill that dude seeings their already going to another timeline anyways, and again, like saffron said, she literally just killed 2 people and like I said she LITERALLY KILLED 30 PEOPLE BEFORE THAT!

Shitty writing, last two episodes before this gave me hope it was going to be epic the writing went from bad to better to actually pretty great those two episodes, and ferris stopped with the weird cat shit for once, even okabe was finally getting angry and showing emotion and then they trash it with a bullshit reveal of the badguy and a even more mundane bullshit fight scene.

Hopefully the ending makes up for it, and god I'm pissed they don't show the numbers for the correct timelines anymore and they just use the same number changing animation again and again.... .... ...

Oh well its just a show, I'll somewhat accept it because thats life, but it still does make you wish for better writing and for more thought to have gone into this because anyone should of noticed some of the choices were outright stupidly made.


Yeah episode 18 was fucking stupid, I hated it but I assure you that the next couple of episodes will make up for the shitty episode 18.

Steins;Gate 0 could have been much better than this if the authors actually put effort into it but apparently they want to please the kids with the shounen shit that happened with Kagari going rambo in episode 18 and don't get me started with Kagari slashing heads off barehanded.
 
Nov 10, 2018 7:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 39
xZabuzax said:
GodOfWolves said:


I'm just going to quote this user because this is exactly how I felt when I watched this episode,
But not only that, what the hell is with one girl taking down 20-30 odd men with machine guns who are suppose to be professionals trained to kill???

Yeah f--king right man, I accepted the dad beating the shit out of the 4 punks with guns to save his daughter because hey he was being the dad! But there was no excuse doing this again with this fight scene,

And like saffron said, the fact they really put such emphasis on we don't have time this is a battle field with bombs and explosions and bullets flying everywhere yet she stands at the doorway to the time machine talking bullshit before leaving and then the time machine explodes supposedly because hey thats dramatic!

WOULD OF BEEN A 10,
had they slashed the bad guys in half from 30 to like 8-10, took away most of their machine guns, gave someone else a gun like okabe or hashida or something, that could of been believable but its just so unrealistic I hate it so much,... Like even b rated movies do stupid action scenes but this takes the cake for dumbest way to handle a fight...

and they could of actually let suzuha go ape shit and kill that dude seeings their already going to another timeline anyways, and again, like saffron said, she literally just killed 2 people and like I said she LITERALLY KILLED 30 PEOPLE BEFORE THAT!

Shitty writing, last two episodes before this gave me hope it was going to be epic the writing went from bad to better to actually pretty great those two episodes, and ferris stopped with the weird cat shit for once, even okabe was finally getting angry and showing emotion and then they trash it with a bullshit reveal of the badguy and a even more mundane bullshit fight scene.

Hopefully the ending makes up for it, and god I'm pissed they don't show the numbers for the correct timelines anymore and they just use the same number changing animation again and again.... .... ...

Oh well its just a show, I'll somewhat accept it because thats life, but it still does make you wish for better writing and for more thought to have gone into this because anyone should of noticed some of the choices were outright stupidly made.


Yeah episode 18 was fucking stupid, I hated it but I assure you that the next couple of episodes will make up for the shitty episode 18.

Steins;Gate 0 could have been much better than this if the authors actually put effort into it but apparently they want to please the kids with the shounen shit that happened with Kagari going rambo in episode 18 and don't get me started with Kagari slashing heads off barehanded.


Yeah it did get better honestly, the ending left me unfulfilled but to be honest the show was worth watching, I don't regret it.

You nailed it though, on the shonen thing, I was upset with a lot of fights, but they did do well with the time traveling and some of the people who got shot in the later episodes. Okabe got grazed by so many bullets and suzuha as well, I wished one would of landed in the leg or arm for more effect though ya know lol.
And lmao I actually lied to myself like there is no way she did that, without a MF weapon, I'm like yeah nah, she had a knife it was hidden they just didn't show it. But nah it was real and it was the lamest thingggg ever dude! lmfao I'm so happy someone else sees the shysty writing//directing.

Lastly, yeah more effort into the writing, I felt the fluff from the first 15 episodes could of been cut to 8-10 episodes and the 16-17 could of been like 11-12 and the final 6-7 episodes here should of been the second half of steins gate with okabe starting to give a crap, because everything before this there wasn't really any development unless you call giving all the females big knockers after 6 months to a year in the future cause that makes sense to. Lol defiantly agree with you they aimed this one more towards kids this time.

But yeah all the real development happened right around here and towards the end. And it felt rushed, I think they could of turned these final episodes into a solid 12 and gave up more info on the other characters like kaguri and the villen and it wouldn't of felt as meh or rushed. and the beginning wouldn't of felt so long and drawn out.
 
Nov 10, 2018 7:49 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 321
GodOfWolves said:
Yeah it did get better honestly, the ending left me unfulfilled but to be honest the show was worth watching, I don't regret it.

You nailed it though, on the shonen thing, I was upset with a lot of fights, but they did do well with the time traveling and some of the people who got shot in the later episodes. Okabe got grazed by so many bullets and suzuha as well, I wished one would of landed in the leg or arm for more effect though ya know lol.
And lmao I actually lied to myself like there is no way she did that, without a MF weapon, I'm like yeah nah, she had a knife it was hidden they just didn't show it. But nah it was real and it was the lamest thingggg ever dude! lmfao I'm so happy someone else sees the shysty writing//directing.

Lastly, yeah more effort into the writing, I felt the fluff from the first 15 episodes could of been cut to 8-10 episodes and the 16-17 could of been like 11-12 and the final 6-7 episodes here should of been the second half of steins gate with okabe starting to give a crap, because everything before this there wasn't really any development unless you call giving all the females big knockers after 6 months to a year in the future cause that makes sense to. Lol defiantly agree with you they aimed this one more towards kids this time.

But yeah all the real development happened right around here and towards the end. And it felt rushed, I think they could of turned these final episodes into a solid 12 and gave up more info on the other characters like kaguri and the villen and it wouldn't of felt as meh or rushed. and the beginning wouldn't of felt so long and drawn out.


Welcome to the club, I'm glad to see people realizing the cringy story writing and directing this anime had. I consider the OG Steins;Gate a masterpiece (my best anime) but this one was meh with a story that dragged forever, and the action scenes made it even worse to enjoy and episode 18 is the pinnacle of the lamest thing the Steins;Gate franchise offered so far. I seriously didn't expected to see that type of shit in Steins;Gate. The writer that came up with that shit needs to be fired, how can they fuck this up like that. I usually don't get mad watching animes but seeing what they did to my favorite franchise is making my blood boil.

I find the OG Steins;Gate to be aimed toward a mature audience (my type of thing), in Steins;Gate 0 it was aimed toward kids.
Modified by xZabuzax, Nov 10, 2018 8:24 PM
 
Dec 16, 2018 7:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 328
What! she cut their faces with her bare hands?! The villain most usual failure is always waiting too long or derailing in conversation. Leskinen couldn't had possibly die from that fall. Poor Kagari... A war orphan first then a happy girl then a brainwashed soldier... Still I am glad that they did a proper ending for her unlike the VN and the next didn't happen in the VN at all. How did she knew his past self phone number? Anyways this give a lot of insight to Leskinen and Kagari that it wasn't in the VN and good music to accompany the moment. Those three episodes have been my favorites so far. "You are really a mad scientist." Oh yeah he sure is "If you kill the guy you are the same as him." And what about the rest of the army that died? He doesn't deserve that as much as the rest of the people that was receiving orders? You could say the method was not correct but not that. A fitting end for the professor. "I... love Huouoin Kyoma. But, guess what? I love Okabo Rinato even more." Still trying to find why is the other way around now.
Modified by InefableAtaraxia, Dec 16, 2018 8:28 PM
 
Dec 26, 2018 2:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 1547
Now she's mad! Kagari is inhumane! She must've been trained for the past decade to be this skilled just as Suzuha is an experienced fighter.
Why are some soldiers standing still during the firefight? Animation budget cuts???

Of fucking course... It was the American Professor Alexis who was behind Kagari's brainwashing. A member of Startfor, Shadow CIA. This is all a joint effort of present Alexis and Future Alexis. The sole purpose of Kagari is literally to make sure that Alexis goals can be reached. And the sole purpose of the creation of Amadeus is so that he can preserve Kurisu's genius mind in which contains Kurisu's theory on time machines. AND WHAT'S ALEXIS' GOAL? MEH... JUST TO EXPERIMENT ON HIS THEORY AND PROVE THAT THEY'RE CORRECT! MEH... SO THAT I'M IN CONTROL! SMH... He deserved PAIN!!! It was satisfying seeing Suzuha beating up Alexis, but she was stopped. It'll be so good if she beat this bastard up until his face is all bloodied, not necessarily killing him...

And then as Alexis said, the true face to face conflict started! Fucking helicopters with troops and attack helicopters fight it off. America, Russia all wanting that sweet time machine knowledge and wanting to stop their enemy from having the knowledge. This ended up in the time machine being blown to bits with Suzuha and Mayuri inside.

I thought the message Okabe received from Mayuri was a D-mail from the future. But nope... I'm mad!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Mar 23, 11:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 4814
Silly how all these soldiers can't even do a single thing going up against a single girl.
Leskinen turns out to be the doctor that brainwashed Kagari in the future and took advantage of her after she travelled back in time with Suzuha.
Shame Daru stopped Suzuha from beating Leskinen to death.
There's no way Mayuri and Suzuha blew up right D: - Even if it was, he's not going to stay in this worldline, he'll make sure to go back somehow (though that would again be a different worldline)
That last message from Mayuri was sad as hell :(
 
Jul 3, 5:21 PM

Online
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 53
The action is killing this anime.
 
Jul 5, 7:57 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 638
So Kagari somehow become a superhuman just because she's brainwashed.

Poor Leskinen he got a bunch of dumb soldiers.

Lol Okabe had dethroned himself from the title of the Mad Scientist and give it to Leskinen.
 
Jul 16, 12:57 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 75
Terrible combat scene, so bad it was funny. Anyway... why is this fool blaming himself instead of the two turds standing behind him is beyond me. Blame is never properly placed in this franchise.
 
Jul 16, 6:10 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 334
BiggKab said:
Terrible combat scene, so bad it was funny. Anyway... why is this fool blaming himself instead of the two turds standing behind him is beyond me. Blame is never properly placed in this franchise.


Why should he blame Maho and Daru?
 
Aug 13, 6:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 4024
This was a crazy episode! But yeah the action always feels off for some reason
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
 
Top
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]