Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 14, 2018 5:55 AM

Jan 2017
I've seen a lot of anime, but I have yet to see a male anime character as badass as His Highness Lelouch vi Britannia. I mean there are many male anime characters that I admire like Okabe from Steins;Gate, Zoro from One Piece, Yato from Noragami, etc. But none of them can compare to His Majesty. The thing that I admire the most about him is that he accepts the fact that he is not perfect and is ready to face the consequences of his action (both negative or positive). Furthermore, he doesn't care what other people think of him. He doesn't need gratitude and there's nothing that he wishes for himself. He wanted to make this world a better place without asking anything in return for himself.
Therefore, what do you guys think?
Is there a better male anime character than Lelouch Lamperouge?
If yes, who?
Or do you agree that he is the best male anime character of all time?

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan

Aug 14, 2018 5:57 AM

May 2014
This is the only true kami-sama, anyone else is a fake
Aug 14, 2018 5:59 AM

Dec 2014
No, he is not. Lulu-sama is my husbando.

Jan 2014
Ericonator said:

Thanks for doing my job for me.

The beauty of humans is that they say one thing then do another, but at the same time that can also be their ugliest side.

Jan 2018
Ericonator said:

Can't agree more dude he is the only true Kami-Sama.
Aug 14, 2018 6:03 AM

Feb 2013
no, everyone know that would be peter griffin
Aug 14, 2018 6:07 AM

Oct 2017
Same here, lol. Lelouch is the best male character of all time!
ALL HAIL HIS MAJESTY LEOUCH VI BRITANIAA!!!

@swirlydragon
He's a siscon also known as Shiba Tatsuya or Oni-sama...
Aug 14, 2018 6:21 AM

Oct 2013
Lelouch nothing if compared to Yuji lol
yeah Lelouch changed the world sure

but Yuji changed the world on a much grander scale. He ended a war that plagued the world for over 3000 years
and he didn't even need to kill himself like Lelouch to do it
Also Lelouch never even became a God unlike Yuji who actually did merge with a God

He was even praised by two Gods for being amazing despite only being a mere Torch at the beginning
and these Gods were polar opposites even and yet still both recognised he was an incredible individual

Yet just like Lelouch Yuji knew what he had to do was morally somewhat wrong and decided to punish himself despite having the purist of all intentions to the point the God of Destruction, Judgment and Punishment Alastor said he was being too hard on himself
Aug 14, 2018 6:24 AM

Oct 2015
This guy so badass, yo mama pissed herself

𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔫𝔞 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠𝔥 𝔶𝔬𝔲,
𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔫' 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔪𝔶 𝔪𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱

Aug 14, 2018 6:30 AM

Oct 2017
@Deknijff
I haven't watched Shakugan no Shana and all. But, just wanted to correct you that Lelouch isn't dead...
Aug 14, 2018 6:32 AM

Feb 2018

Nobody is even worth being compared to his holiness
Aug 14, 2018 6:35 AM

Oct 2013
KatsutoSaki said:
@Deknijff
I haven't watched Shakugan no Shana and all. But, just wanted to correct you that Lelouch isn't dead
No point in caring about the recap movies my friend
they've changed the content of the real series and the Resurrection movie is based off those recap movies so its just an alternative timeline or a so called what if scenario so yeah he dead in the canon material
Aug 14, 2018 6:36 AM

Aug 2018
All Hail Lelouch Vi Brittannia!!!!
Aug 14, 2018 6:39 AM

Jan 2017
KatsutoSaki said:
Same here, lol. Lelouch is the best male character of all time!
ALL HAIL HIS MAJESTY LEOUCH VI BRITANIAA!!!

You've got great taste, fam! :)

KatsutoSaki said:
@swirlydragon
He's a siscon also known as Shiba Tatsuya or Oni-sama...

I see lol

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan

Aug 14, 2018 6:43 AM

Nov 2017
Shinji is the deepest male character in any anime period, I don't care what you say.
Aug 14, 2018 6:55 AM

Aug 2016
Lelouch is unironically one of my favorite anime characters of all time.
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Aug 14, 2018 7:01 AM
Jul 2018
Is there a better male anime character than Lelouch Lamperouge? no.He's the best
Aug 14, 2018 7:29 AM

Feb 2015
What about his Highness Reinhard von Lohengramm?

Aug 14, 2018 7:30 AM

Jan 2011
ReaperCreeperAug 14, 2018 7:34 AM
Aug 14, 2018 7:33 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
ReaperCreeper said:
If he's so great how come he's dead??

Or is he????? Did he ever really die?
Aug 14, 2018 7:34 AM

Jan 2011
Aug 14, 2018 7:37 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
ReaperCreeper said:

I was being half sarcastic. But even so, there is plenty of debate on the subject with evidence on both sides and the sequel movie might finally settle the debate.
Aug 14, 2018 7:39 AM

Oct 2017
Deknijff said:
KatsutoSaki said:
@Deknijff
I haven't watched Shakugan no Shana and all. But, just wanted to correct you that Lelouch isn't dead
No point in caring about the recap movies my friend
they've changed the content of the real series and the Resurrection movie is based off those recap movies so its just an alternative timeline or a so called what if scenario so yeah he dead in the canon material

Well, a lot of people don't know the real ending of Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch R2. It's either they missed it because they couldn't notice it, or are just too stubborn to acknowledge it. So, now lemme explain what is "Code Geass" first.

Geass is a supernatural power like Lelouch's ability to command people, or how C.C was able to make people love her (that is, when she had a geass), or how Charles could re-write people's memories, or how (in season 1) there was a character who could hear people's thoughts...
Code is a different thing which either makes you immortal or gives you the ability to grant geass to other people.

So, now you know what Code Geass is. When you get a Code, you lose the ability of Geass. But Lelouch was the first one to ever get both a Code and a Geass. He got his geass from C.C and stole the code from Charles. Now how do you steal someone's code? Re-call C.C's geass was to make people love her. And then later on she killed the nun to obtain the code from her. The same way as Charles did, however, it wasn't shown how it was done but he stole it from V.V. Now I said earlier if you've a code then you can't use your geass. So how could Charles use his geass? Well, He stole the code when V.V died. And after that we never saw him use his geass again... So in both cases Charles and C.C. killed their predecessors by using the power of their advanced versions of Geass. That is the Geass in both eyes... But Lelouch killed Charles not his predecessor to obtain the code.

So how did Lelouch ever get a code from Charles? Remember the scene when Charles grabbed Lelouch's throat? There he was killed and made to disappear by Lelouch. Thus, obtaining Charles' geass... However, there is a condition for the code to activate that the geass user has to die. In the scene where the nun tricks C.C., she gets wounded around her chest with blood fussing out. Furthermore, Charles' code activates at the moment Lelouch orders him to die. Remember the reflection technique used by Lelouch to use his geass on Charles? And then Charles shot himself in the heart and became immortal after that. And, well, this is the reason Lelouch was still able to use his geass even after obtaining V.V's code.

Lelouch didn't activate his code until the end where the last condition was fulfilled by Suzaku. When he stabbed Lelouch wearing the costume of Zero... So, now what's the proof that the code was activated and what I said isn't just bs? Well, remember when he dies, he touches Nunnally, and then she sees through everything he has done, and why he did it - Thus is the indication of the activation of the Code.

Also, Lelouch is a man of his word. He promised C.C that he'd make her happy since she didn't manage to die. To maintain his promise he has to live. And, when Lelouch was dying he was very confident. And remember C.C begging for Lelouch's forgiveness, it was about his code. The last evidence is that Jeremiyah aka Orange-kun, he's very loyal to Lelouch. He would never stand back and let Suzaku kill Lelouch that easily. And, he even smiled when Suzaku came to kill Lelouch. Meaning he knew what would happen to Lelouch when he dies (since he also had a geass). And now to the last scene, we see C.C smiling. And on the carriage C.C. states that the power of the king, i.e. Geass, does not isolate people. This is told to Lelouch while she tilts her own head upwards, indicating she is talking with the driver. And the driver was also wearing an identical collar as the one Lelouch had before he was killed. And the cart was probably going to where Jeremiya and Anya are seen plucking oranges.

So, basically he is alive... And this thing has nothing to do with those recap movies.

Also, if you wanna compare a character's achievements to show how great he is, then compare him to Goku :>.
KatsutoSakiAug 14, 2018 7:52 AM
Aug 14, 2018 8:15 AM

Dec 2015
You mean one of the greatest moron in all of anime?

It is hard to find an 'intelligent' character who is as much of a moron as him
Aug 14, 2018 9:33 AM

Oct 2017
Zeruk said:

And what makes you think he is "one of the greatest morons in all of anime"?
Aug 14, 2018 11:27 AM

Dec 2015
No, but thank you for making the best thread since the forum is up again.
Aug 14, 2018 11:27 AM

Dec 2015
KatsutoSaki said:
Zeruk said:

And what makes you think he is "one of the greatest morons in all of anime"?

1. He doesn't understand that through the actions he take for his revenge, he is causing others more harm than his father ever caused him (he is just as deserving of being killed in revenge as his father). If he is himself ok with casually and off handedly harming others, he has no right to be angry at his father
2. Realization he has throughout the show come from being told the simplest and most basic of things by others. Meaning he hasn't thought things through on whether what he is doing is right or not even with the gravity of what he is doing

There are many others, but I don't remember them for now. Creators of the show never intended him to be a likeable character. The fact that one of the biggest moron in whole of anime is at the top of character popularity ranking is disgrace on whole of mal
Aug 14, 2018 12:13 PM

Apr 2014
the next installment is just a movie instead of a tv show like everyone expected so no. maybe he is an oni-sama instead
Aug 14, 2018 12:27 PM

Oct 2013
Aug 14, 2018 12:30 PM

Oct 2014
As others have pointed out, the only kami-sama is none other than Onii-sama.
Aug 14, 2018 12:33 PM

Dec 2017
Lelouch died a virgin that nigga lame.
Aug 14, 2018 12:55 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
If he was kami-sama, he would've not made mistakes.
Aug 14, 2018 1:00 PM

Oct 2017
AshitaNoJonas said:
What about his Highness Reinhard von Lohengramm?

Never compare His Highness Reinhard to something so tiny like Lel ouch
Aug 14, 2018 1:56 PM

Oct 2013
@KatsutoSaki Im sorry you had to waste all your time to write all that like if I hadn't watched the show or seen fan theory videos
Yes I'm aware of all the proof that points to him having a possibility to survive with Code
but sadly its all meaningless when the authors have for years prior confirmed he actually died and didn't comeback
Aug 14, 2018 10:05 PM

Oct 2017
Deknijff said:
@KatsutoSaki Im sorry you had to waste all your time to write all that like if I hadn't watched the show or seen fan theory videos
Yes I'm aware of all the proof that points to him having a possibility to survive with Code
but sadly its all meaningless when the authors have for years prior confirmed he actually died and didn't comeback

Dude, where does it say he literally confirmed him being "dead"? I searched and went through some of the sites. Like this for example:
https://www.narutoforums.org/threads/offfical-statement-that-lelouch-is-dead.437397/
^Here, it doesn't even confirm him being "dead." The author just talked about Lelouch's "end" - not necessarily meaning/hinting he's dead (at the moment). He was also just talking about how some viewers wanted a happy ending, and didn't want Lelouch to end up that way... So, I don't get, how is he "dead"?
KatsutoSakiAug 14, 2018 10:24 PM
Aug 14, 2018 10:07 PM

Jul 2017
Yes, yes he is.
(totally not a biased answer or anything given my forum set)

"Do you know why snow is white? 
Because it's forgotten what color it's supposed to be." - C.C.

Aug 15, 2018 8:20 AM
Jul 2018
No, he's a crappy edgelord who needs to be dealt with
Aug 15, 2018 10:31 AM

Jun 2017
Lelouch is trash. Code Geass is trash. Plenty of better protags and shows out there.
Aug 15, 2018 10:38 AM
Jul 2018
I think the real Kami sama is Shanks. I mean yeah I know he isn't the mc or anything but you have got to agree that he's one of the best characters of all time and he's really smart and doesn't like unnecessary war and yet has the power to bring the whole world down (hopefully)
Aug 15, 2018 10:43 AM

Jan 2017
Ericonator said:
xShinigami3125 said:

Nobody is even worth being compared to his holiness

U two sure know what is a real Kamisama ! :-D

@swirlydragon sorry man, but cant agree with u on this one.
Jan 26, 2020 12:45 PM

Jun 2015
You all are fools to not see how great lelouch is . He is way better than those old ass anime characters with 2000 plus episodes . Lelouch conquers the world in 52 episodes . And honors every death . He is the true hero. ALL HAIL LELOUCH V BRITANIA

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

yuzuko - Apr 20, 2008

239 by Delritos »»
Mar 29, 9:00 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 28, 2008

1901 by DarkVoyagerx »»
Mar 25, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Aug 17, 2008

435 by Dante9231 »»
Feb 21, 2:23 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dtshyk - Jun 29, 2008

291 by Dante9231 »»
Feb 20, 2:21 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 14, 2008

305 by Beatnik »»
Feb 17, 11:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.