Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 13, 2018 5:49 PM
Apr 2015
Since it seems like it's closing most of the story, and there really being nothing new to go to.
Sad to see if it is and we will never see an entire episode dedicated to Yoruza vs Shinsengumi for example...
Aug 13, 2018 6:21 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Sorachi's statement when Volume 74 was out 1 or 2 weeks ago

STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Aug 13, 2018 6:32 PM
Apr 2015
DatRandomDude said:

I just hope the entire Silver Soul arc won't be just those volumes, I don't follow the Manga but I am getting kind of bored at this arc, the potty humor doesn't work as well in these settings and while I do like the backgrounds for everyone added and the great drama, it's just getting too long especially when I know there won't be any 'old' Gintama anymore with the occasional drama.

Thanks a lot for the note since I did not see that yet.
Aug 14, 2018 5:22 AM

Mar 2017
Zipperman said:
DatRandomDude said:

I just hope the entire Silver Soul arc won't be just those volumes, I don't follow the Manga but I am getting kind of bored at this arc, the potty humor doesn't work as well in these settings and while I do like the backgrounds for everyone added and the great drama, it's just getting too long especially when I know there won't be any 'old' Gintama anymore with the occasional drama.

Thanks a lot for the note since I did not see that yet.

Don't worry...you will find that old Gintama on the third part.
Aug 19, 2018 8:21 AM

Apr 2014
Gintama will end in 5 chapters

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-08-19/gintama-manga-ends-in-5-chapters/.135617
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Aug 19, 2018 2:54 PM
Apr 2016
I will drink one to him and his story. No, this story now belongs to the world. I will drink to that.
Re:formed
Aug 20, 2018 12:03 PM
Jul 2015
Zipperman said:
Since it seems like it's closing most of the story, and there really being nothing new to go to.
Sad to see if it is and we will never see an entire episode dedicated to Yoruza vs Shinsengumi for example...

In the most recent chapter it was stated we have 5 more chapters to go. I wonder if they want to adapt all remaining chapters in this season and how many episodes it will have. At this speed it looks like everything will be concluded in this season in like 12 or 13 episodes total. Seems a bit rushed though
Aug 22, 2018 11:42 AM

May 2016
Well, since there is only really 5 chapters for the manga to end, there is around a 40/50 chapter difference between the anime and the manga, so I'm assuming they might finish the anime in one go with 24 (or so)
Well, from the way this arc ended tho, making it two seasons would increase the speculation for the next season, I guess...?
But maybe they'll do it in two seasons, since those are two separate arcs and this season is supposed to be the second part of the Shirogane no Tamashii/Silver Soul arc.
Aug 24, 2018 9:47 AM

May 2016
I take back everything I said in the last post.
Since I only watched today this week's episode I was surprised to know that they put 7 chapters into this episode, so there is only 6 chapters (or so) left and at this pace they finish the Silver Soul arc next episode.
As for if there is gonna be another season I'm not yet sure. But after the Silver Soul arc there are going to be around another 30 chapters (since there will be 699 chapters) left to adapt. So they EITHER finish it next week or put those 30 chapters into 5 (or something like that) episodes, which wouldn't fit, since those chapters are comedy mostly.
As for 2 cours I'm not sure either if they would do that, but I can only wait to find out.
Aug 24, 2018 11:55 AM

May 2016
Since I only watched today this week's episode I was surprised to know that they put 7 chapters into this episode, só there is only 6 chapters (or só) left and at this pace they finish the Silver Soul arc next episode.
As for if there is gonna be another season I'm not yet sure. But after the Silver Soul arc there are going to be around another 30 chapters (since there will be 699 chapters) left to adapt. Só they either finish it next week or put those 30 chapters into 5 (or something like that) episodes, which wouldn't fit, since those chapters are comedy mostly.
As for 2 cours I'm not sure either if they would do that, but I can only wait to find out.
Aug 24, 2018 3:57 PM

Nov 2012
Dammit I'm really dying to know as well, I was planning to rewatch the most recent seasons and then finish the series as a whole. But i don't know how long i can wait still , what are the chances of this season/arc rounding things up?
If the story is going to continue i might have to wait even longer :(
Aug 24, 2018 4:12 PM
Jan 2017
How i can make a discussion in the forum? Pls help
Aug 24, 2018 4:18 PM
Apr 2015
SweetBiscuit said:
As for if there is gonna be another season I'm not yet sure. But after the Silver Soul arc there are going to be around another 30 chapters (since there will be 699 chapters) left to adapt. Só they either finish it next week or put those 30 chapters into 5 (or something like that) episodes, which wouldn't fit, since those chapters are comedy mostly.

If they are gonna have another "break" I will just break, Sunday is the worst since Monday is almost there yet Gintama gives me something to look forward to.
Also it would be a shame to have so many breaks, they already did that weird comedy arc in the middle of the serious arc and then the break for the Silver Soul arc.

Sunrise pls don't

Cranel-Senpai said:

Top left.
Aug 24, 2018 4:27 PM
Jan 2017
Zipperman said:
SweetBiscuit said:

If they are gonna have another "break" I will just break, Sunday is the worst since Monday is almost there yet Gintama gives me something to look forward to.
Also it would be a shame to have so many breaks, they already did that weird comedy arc in the middle of the serious arc and then the break for the Silver Soul arc.

Sunrise pls don't

Cranel-Senpai said:

Top left.

Lol thx, in the mobile version doesnt appear but in the desktop site yes, lol, xD
Sep 5, 2018 12:31 PM

Jan 2017
Yes Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen - Kouhan-sen is officially final season of Gintama. As Gintama's manga only has 2 chapters left

Sep 8, 2018 3:18 AM

Nov 2012
KaiSkyus32 said:
Yes Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen - Kouhan-sen is officially final season of Gintama. As Gintama's manga only has 2 chapters left
You read the manga? will this mean that this season at least reaches a final climax? Seriously no room for a second season?
Sep 8, 2018 3:33 AM

Jan 2017
johnyjohny said:
KaiSkyus32 said:
You read the manga? will this mean that this season at least reaches a final climax? Seriously no room for a second season?

Nope. As the manga ends next week

Sep 8, 2018 9:12 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
KaiSkyus32 said:
johnyjohny said:

Even if the manga ends in another week, it's not enough time to animate last couple of chapters in the anime's current cour. Gintama will be getting at least another cour or another season.
Sep 8, 2018 9:19 AM

Nov 2012
KaiSkyus32 said:
johnyjohny said:

You seem so sure, May I assume that you both follow the anime and manga closely?
Sep 8, 2018 12:01 PM

Sep 2017
GoldenDevilGamer said:
KaiSkyus32 said:

Even if the manga ends in another week, it's not enough time to animate last couple of chapters in the anime's current cour. Gintama will be getting at least another cour or another season.

maybe OVAs or a movie i guess, if only 21 chapters remain to adapt, there aren't enough material for a full course.. or it'll be dragged out and boring..
Sep 9, 2018 4:24 PM

Jan 2013
They could go the same route as the ReLife OVAs or maybe a movie or two. BNP will either do that or find a way to extend into the next cour.

I can imagine BNP doing a record-scratch cut in the middle of something important in episode 12, followed by "Ginpachi-sensei" saying "Go read the manga!" or the Yorozoya trio pulling down a curtain apologising for not letting the final season be "the final season" again, either announcing plans for the future or saying "you'll see what we'll do in the coming months."
Sep 10, 2018 3:20 AM
Apr 2013
And here I'm crying...
Sep 10, 2018 5:44 AM

Apr 2014
Gintama will have 14 episodes for this season, confirmed on twitter atx

Source:

https://mobile.twitter.com/livechart_me/status/1039112050016833536?s=21
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Sep 10, 2018 6:13 AM
Nov 2013
AcceleratorAngel said:

Source:

This puzzles me greatly. They've been taking it nice and slow on the timeskip. So why go to episode 14 when they were making it look like they were shooting for one final cour?
Sep 10, 2018 10:33 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
crystalblade13 said:
AcceleratorAngel said:

Source:

This puzzles me greatly. They've been taking it nice and slow on the timeskip. So why go to episode 14 when they were making it look like they were shooting for one final cour?
I think this is what happened: BNP started production for whatever manga chapters come out, since they thought the manga will end soon. By the time they working on the 14th episode of the season, they realized that the manga is still nowhere near its end, so they probably stopped right after that.

Plus, a 14 episode season would match the blu-ray episode count. Each volume besides the first one has three episodes. First volume had two episodes. So the ninth volume will go up to episode 367 if it has 3 episodes.
GoldenDevilGamerSep 10, 2018 10:37 AM
Sep 10, 2018 10:41 AM
Nov 2013
GoldenDevilGamer said:
crystalblade13 said:

I think this is what happened: BNP started production for whatever manga chapters come out, since they thought the manga will end soon. By the time they working on the 14th episode of the season, they realized that the manga is still nowhere near its end, so they probably stopped right after that.

Plus, a 14 episode season would match the blu-ray episode count. Each volume besides the first one has three episodes. First volume had two episodes. So the ninth volume will go up to episode 367 if it has 3 episodes.

I see I see. Thanks for the info. Let's hope the manga has a few extra long monthly chapters after the "final chapter" this week. Cause if it doesn't and BNP wants to make another cour. They will have to pace things very slowly or make some filler.
Sep 10, 2018 10:57 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
crystalblade13 said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:

I see I see. Thanks for the info. Let's hope the manga has a few extra long monthly chapters after the "final chapter" this week. Cause if it doesn't and BNP wants to make another cour. They will have to pace things very slowly or make some filler.
They can always have an extended epilogue for the next season. Because even if the manga gets some extra JUMP Giga chapters, I don't think it's enough to give a good amount of closure for everyone. Normally, BNP doesn't do anime-original stuff due to time-constraints (except for the beginning of every season, where they add a parody beginning). However, if they have some extra time remaining, they might add in a few anime-original stuff.
Sep 14, 2018 9:35 AM

Nov 2012
So now the latest news is that the manga is continuing. Getting really confused now lol. Better wait this season out at least
Sep 29, 2018 6:33 AM

Dec 2014
I don't think so this is the last season.. but since we are very close to the manga... I think they will be taking a break

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen - Kouhan-sen Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Oct 7, 2018

142 by MewkiWay »»
Feb 3, 9:03 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen - Kouhan-sen Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Sep 30, 2018

76 by MewkiWay »»
Feb 2, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen - Kouhan-sen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Aug 26, 2018

94 by MewkiWay »»
Jan 25, 9:20 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen - Kouhan-sen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Sep 23, 2018

54 by Alex_TheForest »»
Nov 24, 2023 12:53 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen - Kouhan-sen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Sep 16, 2018

51 by Alex_TheForest »»
Nov 24, 2023 12:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.