Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen - Kouhan-sen Episode 6 Discussion

Aug 12, 2018 10:21 AM
SHSL Good Luck

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
As expected, they added Nobunobu next to Shigeshige in the OP, looking at each other ;_;

Damn, Umibozu be giving his son a beating before they save the world. Albeit, Umibozu misses hit attack. Kamui be giving his dad a beating, except his not missing his hits. Feels good though seeing Kagura’s wish coming true. They’re finally on Earth as a family. Seems like Umibozu has more crystals on him and this time he’s planning to use it again on Utsuro. It didn’t turn out well last time, lol.

So you’re telling me that Umibozu found all those crystals in the same time it took for everyone from Rakuyou to arrive on Earth? OK. Umibozu uses the crystal to regain his hair? OK. Everyone beating up Umibozu for doing so? He probably deserves it. Kamui rips off Umibozu’s hair? He probably didn’t deserve that. Holy though Umibozu is hella powerful! Even till the very end, the dude had to make a reference about his last-standing hair. Lol, Kamui just throwing them like that XD

Ayyy, for those wondering if Gintoki finally gets to use a real sword, here ya go! A metal sword filled with Altana crystals. Lol, let’s see how long that lasts. It seems like Sadaharu and Komako are shrinking in size when fixing those Altana spots. To think that Utsuro’s main enemy, or greatest challenge is two dogs right now, lol

Goddamn, for a character with troll-like writing and little screen time, Prince Hata is give that most hardest decision to make ever. With the lack of time to evacuate everyone from the Hinokagutsuchi, everyone had do die alongside with the ship if the wanna save Earth. Seems like Ane and Mone’s situation isn’t very good atm. But man, Hata be getting some nice moments here. It’s time for him to make his big choice.

But Madao’s got plans of his own! His face, lol. Madao’s gonna find a way to save both Earth and the ship! And this time he’s not treated as a joke. Most hyped up an unemployed man has ever made me feel, lol. Madao has trust on them stopping the Altana leaks before they crash, so delaying the crash is their best option. This unemployed man was able to convince the Liberation Army to help. Finally, Madao has indeed bloomed :’)

As expected, this episode was mainly outsorced, so it looks pretty bad at times. However, it is much better than I originally expected. Now when I think about it, only the first half of the episode had visual issues. This episode adapted 4 and a half chapters. They kinda skimmed out the very beginning of chapter 653, and that Hardcore Hata and Madao on a noose literally joke, but other than that, it kinda covered everything else surprisingly.

Modified by GoldenDevilGamer, Aug 12, 2018 12:38 PM

Aug 12, 2018 12:13 PM

Great episode as always.

Glad to see Kagura's family reunited on Earth. :)

The Umibozu gags in the first half were hilarious, I can't help but laugh at the comments he was making. That Altana hair gun though, putting rare materials to good use. XD
I loved the little exchange from Gin-san to Umibozu and Kamnui regarding the 'swords' of a samurai and his own two swords. Really sweet moment. <3

I'm excited to see Gin-san use the Altana sword.

Looks like Sadaharu and Komako are growing smaller because they're using up their power to seal the altana lines. :(

Madao sure showed everyone who's boss in the second half. Never underestimate the power of an unemployed man, he answers to no one, bears no responsibility, gives no shit and does what he wants. The title to this episode 'The Unemployed can't be stained by anything" is so fitting. xD
I just wished they played Madao's theme during his big moment.

Can any of the manga readers predict how long this season will be? It feels like we're leading upto the climax already.

Aug 12, 2018 12:30 PM

First half was meh when it comes to art, even though the jokes were glorious.

Nobonobu and Shigeshige in the opening. ;_;

The season will probably last one or two another episodes. Unless they begin the third part of the arc which would be really weird imo.

Even though this episode looked really meh, next episode will probably be a gorgeous one judging by the preview. :o

Aug 12, 2018 12:31 PM

Good episode but the weakest of this season for me. The animation was really off at times but I can live with that.
What a way to waste the Altana crystals though lmao Madao finally got the recognition he deserves making all the Liberation army admirals to help him. Gintoki got a sword that can undo Utsuro's immortality and now we are heading for the climax fight. Also, I see Sadaharu's state raised death flags. Oh god...

Aug 12, 2018 12:45 PM
SHSL Good Luck

EtoileSosso said:
The season will probably last one or two another episodes. Unless they begin the third part of the arc which would be really weird imo.
Nah, probably three episodes until the third part starts. 12 chapters until the third part happens.

Aug 12, 2018 1:30 PM

For someone who's just an unemployed man, Madao sure was badass at the end.

Looking forward to seeing Gintoki use a real sword, and it looks cool af.
I'm no special story or anything. I'm just a manga that wants to be read, like you could find anywhere. But, if, for argument's sake, you were to adapt me into an anime series, it would certainly be....a tragedy.

-The Tokyo Ghoul/Tokyo Ghoul:re manga, if they could talk

Aug 12, 2018 1:43 PM
Ok so in the previous episodes thread I complained about the animation and after watching this episode I can say this is the most poorly animated gintama episode ever. I just want them to give gintama a proper sendoff with good animation and not shit like this.

Aug 12, 2018 2:48 PM

Son_nish-kun20 said:
Ok so in the previous episodes thread I complained about the animation and after watching this episode I can say this is the most poorly animated gintama episode ever. I just want them to give gintama a proper sendoff with good animation and not shit like this.

I agree with this. That whole season looks bad, but this episode was truly horrible :/

Aug 12, 2018 3:05 PM

Kinda tired of the pacing of this season, feels incredibly slow. But man it feels always so satisfying when Madao has his moments.

Aug 12, 2018 3:12 PM
Soleks100000 said:
Son_nish-kun20 said:

I agree with this. That whole season looks bad, but this episode was truly horrible :/

Worst part is I saw the episode right after watching the latest aot episode which is easily one of the best looking animations. So to see that and to right away see this was terrible.

Aug 12, 2018 3:20 PM

I'm so hyped that Madao is getting screen time again,he's the GOAT.
Kokoro did nothing wrong.

Aug 12, 2018 3:50 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Son_nish-kun20 said:
This episode is known to be outsourced by some other studio. Probably because the studio planned to spend more time on the other episodes.

Xanato said:
Kinda tired of the pacing of this season, feels incredibly slow. But man it feels always so satisfying when Madao has his moments.
Surprisingly enough, this season is more "rushed than usual. This episode covered half a volume, and there were episodes this season that did more than that.

Aug 12, 2018 3:53 PM
Son_nish-kun20 said:
We have to wait and see the next episodes, because all the fights which need "good animation" are in these episodes. The animation of this episode was lame, but the story was here, and after that we saw the worst animation moment of this season, we will see the best.
I read the Gintama manga, and I was a bit disappointed by the Enshou v Taka/Zura/Saka fight but i had the feeling that they did the best as they could and it was still OK. So I'm a bit afraid about the next episodes animation, and I don't know where this season stops, so I don't know if they have to save some budget for the third part or not.

Aug 12, 2018 4:05 PM
Animation was very disappointing but seeing Madao finally look like the true badass he is felt so great that it almost made up for the poor animation.

Aug 12, 2018 4:22 PM
Norwegian otaku
Xanato said:

Which is a bit ironic, since this episode adapted 4 chapters, which is more than usual. And everything in this episode was very important stuff, so we can't afford any TG:re-pacing

Aug 12, 2018 4:40 PM
Kami-sama

Xanato said:

Rather than the pacing the thing that irks me the most is the horrendous animation. How the mighty have fallen. Hopefully it will pick up again when it's time for the final fight.

Aug 12, 2018 8:57 PM

GoldenDevilGamer said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
As expected, they added Nobunobu next to Shigeshige in the OP, looking at each other ;_;

Damn, Umibozu be giving his son a beating before they save the world. Albeit, Umibozu misses hit attack. Kamui be giving his dad a beating, except his not missing his hits. Feels good though seeing Kagura’s wish coming true. They’re finally on Earth as a family. Seems like Umibozu has more crystals on him and this time he’s planning to use it again on Utsuro. It didn’t turn out well last time, lol.

So you’re telling me that Umibozu found all those crystals in the same time it took for everyone from Rakuyou to arrive on Earth? OK. Umibozu uses the crystal to regain his hair? OK. Everyone beating up Umibozu for doing so? He probably deserves it. Kamui rips off Umibozu’s hair? He probably didn’t deserve that. Holy though Umibozu is hella powerful! Even till the very end, the dude had to make a reference about his last-standing hair. Lol, Kamui just throwing them like that XD

Ayyy, for those wondering if Gintoki finally gets to use a real sword, here ya go! A metal sword filled with Altana crystals. Lol, let’s see how long that lasts. It seems like Sadaharu and Komako are shrinking in size when fixing those Altana spots. To think that Utsuro’s main enemy, or greatest challenge is two dogs right now, lol

Goddamn, for a character with troll-like writing and little screen time, Prince Hata is give that most hardest decision to make ever. With the lack of time to evacuate everyone from the Hinokagutsuchi, everyone had do die alongside with the ship if the wanna save Earth. Seems like Ane and Mone’s situation isn’t very good atm. But man, Hata be getting some nice moments here. It’s time for him to make his big choice.

But Madao’s got plans of his own! His face, lol. Madao’s gonna find a way to save both Earth and the ship! And this time he’s not treated as a joke. Most hyped up an unemployed man has ever made me feel, lol. Madao has trust on them stopping the Altana leaks before they crash, so delaying the crash is their best option. This unemployed man was able to convince the Liberation Army to help. Finally, Madao has indeed bloomed :’)

As expected, this episode was mainly outsorced, so it looks pretty bad at times. However, it is much better than I originally expected. Now when I think about it, only the first half of the episode had visual issues. This episode adapted 4 and a half chapters. They kinda skimmed out the very beginning of chapter 653, and that Hardcore Hata and Madao on a noose literally joke, but other than that, it kinda covered everything else surprisingly.

It was outsourced? Now I understand why it looked so horrible. xD Like seriously, some of the worst animation I've ever seen. I really hope no other episode will look this bad.

Aug 12, 2018 10:15 PM

Gin gets new sword Kagura has her family members on earth and madao well he is still madao
I feel that sadaharu might die
Is this the last major fight
Did Gorilla finish the manga or is it still going?

Aug 13, 2018 1:45 AM

Lord_Dracule said:
Xanato said:

Which is a bit ironic, since this episode adapted 4 chapters, which is more than usual. And everything in this episode was very important stuff, so we can't afford any TG:re-pacing

Oh haha well I don't follow the manga so I wouldn't know really, it's just how it felt to me as an anime watcher. In that case it is ironic yea

Aug 13, 2018 3:34 AM

Wtf is their problem with his hair, poor Umibozu.
Madao saved everyone!

Aug 13, 2018 3:50 AM
yes!!! MAL comment section and poll voting is back...
anyways i like this episode as finally there is a weapon that can defeat utsuro... good luck to GIntama and gang...

Aug 13, 2018 6:29 AM

Fun episode as always, and the story keeps going. After watching it I was wondering what's up with the manga, how many chapters were covered. Apparently this episode covered 5-6 chapters.
I find it strange. There are at least 6 more episodes (usually a season has at least 12 eps), but if we keep going at this place, we get to the manga.

So if we only want to cover this arc, the story will become much slower, I guess?

By the way, anyone knows if the manga is ending? I heard months ago that it's ending, but it's still going. Was it completely fake news, or it became a bit stretched?

Aug 13, 2018 6:45 AM

I love Gintama.
It's one of my favorite anime of all time and easily my favorite shounen.
Watched every episode and I've enjoyed this anime so much over the years.

With that being said, it is unfortunately quite obvious that Gintama has gotten worse in recent years.
It's mostly due to the absolutely horrible animation that we often get in most episodes, but also other stuff as well.

I still love it and will continue watching all of it, but yea...

And it's weird... whenever someone complaints about animation, we immediately get people defending it and posting the reasoning as to why that's the case etc... as if that would somehow make it better :D

I get that it can't be helped and many, many anime have shit animation nowadays, but as a viewer those reasons still don't really mean/matter all that much to me.
If the animation is shit, then it's shit. The reasons don't change that.
I understand it, but I am still disappointed.

I've always dreaded the day when Gintama ends.. I'm always hoping we have many years left of this anime, but right now?
Maybe it''s for the best that this anime is going to end relatively soon (probably?). If I remember correctly the manga is scheduled to end this year, correct?

I still think Gintama is a 10/10 anime for sure, but yea.. best to not drag it out if the overall quality will simply continue to drop.

Aug 13, 2018 8:31 AM
Madao so fucking awesome, i full respect to him

Aug 13, 2018 8:40 AM

Shigeshige and Nobunobu at the OP though. My head is a mess right now. ;-; Gotta love the family reunion. Umibouzu is such an idiot hahaha. The new altana short sword looks cool as hell!

Madao is redeeming himself 1000x over! Wow this is getting crazy. I can't believe we're already halfway through the season. I'm excited for the next ep cause of the Utsuro fight, but at the same time I feel sad. I really am gonna miss this anime, it's one of my favorites if not my most favorite. Gonna be a real heartache when that final ep hits.

Aug 13, 2018 12:19 PM

I don't know what happened, but the production in this episode was utter dogshit. This season just keeps getting worse and worse. Also, I hate all the grand speeches they do in each episode. Each of them taking 1-2 minutes to poetically explain one random point or the other. And even though the anime is adapting so many chapters from the manga, why is the pacing so fucking bad?? Jesus...
"At some point, I stopped hoping."

Aug 13, 2018 4:17 PM
Romeo said:
I love Gintama.
It's one of my favorite anime of all time and easily my favorite shounen.
Watched every episode and I've enjoyed this anime so much over the years.

With that being said, it is unfortunately quite obvious that Gintama has gotten worse in recent years.
It's mostly due to the absolutely horrible animation that we often get in most episodes, but also other stuff as well.

I still love it and will continue watching all of it, but yea...

And it's weird... whenever someone complaints about animation, we immediately get people defending it and posting the reasoning as to why that's the case etc... as if that would somehow make it better :D

I get that it can't be helped and many, many anime have shit animation nowadays, but as a viewer those reasons still don't really mean/matter all that much to me.
If the animation is shit, then it's shit. The reasons don't change that.
I understand it, but I am still disappointed.

I've always dreaded the day when Gintama ends.. I'm always hoping we have many years left of this anime, but right now?
Maybe it''s for the best that this anime is going to end relatively soon (probably?). If I remember correctly the manga is scheduled to end this year, correct?

I still think Gintama is a 10/10 anime for sure, but yea.. best to not drag it out if the overall quality will simply continue to drop.

Most of the problems recently have stemmed from the adaptation rushing/ skipping/ poorly animating content. As a manga reader, let me tell you that this content was freaking awesome in the manga. You should seriously check it out.

That being said, the anime has done a great job with many scenes this season. I just hope they bring their A game for the rest of the episodes. Cause I'd hate to see the awesome upcoming content get lambasted by anime onlies who think that the quality of the story has gone down, when it's really just the quality of the adaptation.

Also, I still wanna make it clear that I love the Gintama anime and I think they've done more good than bad this season. But there are certainly discrepancies.

Aug 15, 2018 12:01 AM
Finally it was time for hasegawa to shine !!!!

Sep 3, 2018 4:57 PM

Komakoooo no!!!
Madao saves the day

Sep 12, 2018 10:38 AM

Wow a great respect for Hasegawa.. Truly a pure Madao….. I like how each and every character has his and her own importance in this show

Oct 24, 2018 9:54 PM

Other than the ending, the episode felt rather slow again... oh well, let's see what's next.

Nov 26, 2018 8:44 PM
Hahaha hasegawa is pretty badass in this one. After hundreds of eps? Hmm theres some eps about him too i forgot but great episode hope this anime continues after this arc. I just dont see this anime ending

Dec 20, 2018 12:41 PM

This ep is mainly for the comedy, a much-needed one actually, before what I hope to be the intensely epic climax in the next remaining episodes.

How does he have all these power and all these influences you ask? Simple...
He's a MADAO!

Hasegawa has finally unofficially get back to his original position before he met the Yorozuya... How many years have I waited for this?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

May 29, 3:19 PM

Hasegawa being super cool like before, now I know the world is really going to end.

Jul 13, 2:10 AM

Hasegaaw was so cool. ;)
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."