Forum Settings
Forums

Your Brilliant Child Just Turned 2 Years Old!

New
Aug 12, 2018 8:16 AM

Apr 2015
Through immense amounts of effort and sleepless nights together, you and your spouse have brought up an incredible kid! Your child has just turned 2 years old, but he has an abnormally high IQ and is much more intelligent than anyone his age. He has also shown to have a lot of potential at sport. Your and your spouse are so happy that through your hard work you have an incredible child, touted by some as a "wonderkid".

Uh oh. You get a letter in the mail from the hospital where your child was born. Turns out there's been a bit of a mix up and it's not actually your child, oops! The parents that have been looking after your overwhelmingly mediocre biological child in the switch up want their biological child, the wonder-kid you've been raising! Legally, the child you are raising is theirs, and vice versa. What do you do?
hi
Sets
Last FM
Anime List
Manga List
Clue no. 2: Somewhere in one of the pictures in my forum signature.
Aug 12, 2018 8:20 AM
Jul 2018
Children? Urgh, wonderkid more like wondershit the other parents can have both of them because i don't like kids
Aug 12, 2018 8:23 AM

Jun 2015
good at sports?
I guess it was always a bit weird that my kid was black

Aug 12, 2018 8:28 AM

Jul 2015
there is a precedent for this case, actually.

https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/Hospital-baby-swap-Mom-wants-biological-child-20141221

in this case the ruling was that, for the health of the child, it should stay with the parents that it was raised by. However, that child was 4 years old. No idea what the ruling would be like for a 2 year old.

Personally I wouldn't want to switch the child at that point, genius or not. But the decision would also depend on how the other parties are feeling (the other parents, my partner).
"my life at this state could be transposed into a pretty massive biography"

- Cneq, "the guy who was literally using BTC in 2012 to make deals in the first main instance of a digital itemized economy forming naturally in all human history (also the precursor of NFTs) and who had 20k+ total trades.", 23 years old

MAL's most prolific antivaxxer, Noboru.
Aug 12, 2018 8:33 AM

Dec 2016
Now you might not be thinking I do not have a very creative historical solution to this conundrum. Maybe you think I have been stumped annnnnndddd you would be WRONG! So very wrong!

This is where you get to practically apply the judgment of King Solomon. Cut the babies in half and each family receives half. The ones who refuse get to keep their child and everything works itself out.
Aug 12, 2018 8:34 AM

Apr 2015
Soverign said:
Now you might not be thinking I do not have a very creative historical solution to this conundrum. Maybe you think I have been stumped annnnnndddd you would be WRONG! So very wrong!

This is where you get to practically apply the judgment of King Solomon. Cut the babies in half and each family receives half. The ones who refuse get to keep their child and everything works itself out.
That's an incredible idea, Thanos.
hi
Sets
Last FM
Anime List
Manga List
Aug 12, 2018 8:35 AM
Jul 2018
me having children? bahahahahahahhaha hilarious
Aug 12, 2018 9:02 AM

Dec 2016
Cookies said:
Soverign said:

That's an incredible idea, Thanos.

You are welcome. I work in mysterious ways. The smart people can always make another smart baby, that was the mediocre people one shot at having a genius. Who are you or I to rob them of that?
Aug 12, 2018 9:08 AM
Jul 2018
we should ask wonderkid and normalkid who they want to stay with and make someone feel bad
Aug 12, 2018 9:22 AM

Aug 2009
I want my kid, I don't care if the other is a genius. Probably autistic
Aug 12, 2018 9:25 AM

May 2016
no kids for me dog. Sorry. But nice joke though.
~ Nas, The "OG Bulgarian"~
Formerly known as:
~ Gokuvich, The "OG Bulgarian"~
Aug 12, 2018 9:26 AM

Oct 2015
Give me the one that's not a disappointment please. Jokes aside though, I'd want to keep the child we've been raising regardless of his/her abilities or lack thereof.
Aug 12, 2018 9:30 AM

Feb 2015
Just from extracting all my shitpost in MAL, I already know for first glance if it's my child or not.

Aug 12, 2018 6:59 PM

Nov 2017
blood relations, contrary to popular belief, don't mean shit
Aug 12, 2018 7:02 PM
Jul 2018
Oh, cool. I will teach my kids asian sports aka badminton in dream of beating Lim Swie King in his prime.
Aug 12, 2018 7:06 PM

Mar 2018
nicethings said:
me having children? bahahahahahahhaha hilarious

I wish you would've told me this before we started dating...
Help stop the spread of Korean propaganda (KPrOP) and sign this petition!
http://chng.it/Yw8Vzwk4Tg
Aug 12, 2018 7:26 PM

Aug 2015
Even though an emotional bond of some sort has been made with the "fake" child, it should return to its biological parents and vice versa as it harsh as it sounds.
A good idea would be for both familes to set up some meetups like once or twice a week.
So both of the families can spend up some time with the other child they have been raising until now and see their "children's" progress as they grow up..
Aug 12, 2018 10:21 PM

Apr 2015
Chocolate said:
Even though an emotional bond of some sort has been made with the "fake" child, it should return to its biological parents and vice versa as it harsh as it sounds.
A good idea would be for both familes to set up some meetups like once or twice a week.
So both of the families can spend up some time with the other child they have been raising until now and see their "children's" progress as they grow up..
Sounds like a good idea. When you say it should be returned to its biological parents, is that out of morals or legal obligation?
djdoovan said:
blood relations, contrary to popular belief, don't mean shit
But does the fact that your biological child is being raised by someone else and you're rasing up someone else's biological child mean shit to you or nah?
hi
Sets
Last FM
Anime List
Manga List
Aug 12, 2018 11:12 PM

May 2017
The parents can keep the kid. Don't care.
Aug 13, 2018 6:13 AM

Aug 2015
@Cookies Out of morals actually because both families wanted to have a child and it's not their fault that the hospital did such a horrendous mistake.
ChocolateAug 13, 2018 6:20 AM
Aug 13, 2018 7:34 AM

Jan 2018
>2 years old
>a lot of potential at sport

What anime sir?
Aug 13, 2018 7:39 AM

Nov 2014
Sorry, but 2 years? I'd fucking sue the hospital.

Likely in that scenario, the hospital will just keep quiet about it. The only way of finding out is probably genetic testing, but how many people will actually do that.

I'd swap the child though, I'm not interested in raising someone that isn't even my kid.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Aug 13, 2018 7:45 AM

Apr 2015
Tell them to fuck off. Finders keepers, losers weepers.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Aug 14, 2018 12:07 AM

Jun 2015
It doesn't matter if they're my bio kid or not. I raised them with probs blood, sweat, and tears, so they're basically family at that point. Biological doesn't equal family. bio //=// family

I'm keeping the kid! I'm thinking I lawyer up to the other family so I keep my kid and both families sue the fuck out of the hospital.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 14, 2018 12:47 AM

May 2009
"It's my child now you stupid biological motherfucker"
Aug 14, 2018 4:57 AM
May 2016
Be sure to back up the kid's memory onto a USB or portable hard drive first
Aug 14, 2018 6:22 AM

Apr 2014
it depends what is best for my genes. if my kid is better off with them because they live better or have better resources or whatever then they can keep it. however if they are ghetto yutes who just happened to produce a random wonderbaby then ill take mines back.

More topics from this board

» Top 10 most iconic manga creators objectively ranked

AlphaMaleScotty - 2 hours ago

3 by Zettaiken »»
12 minutes ago

» Will aliens finally appear this century?

Absurdo_N - Apr 7

43 by LightWorker »»
12 minutes ago

Poll: » People who leave MAL (finish the thought)

IpreferEcchi - 6 hours ago

2 by Zettaiken »»
16 minutes ago

» How much of the world is autistic

LenRea - Apr 4

47 by JKKH »»
2 hours ago

» Has the internet been taking away our free speech?

purple_rayn - Apr 13

36 by MalchikRepaid »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.