Forum Settings
Forums

What made you travel into the divine realm of Fate series?

New
Aug 12, 2018 5:51 AM

Jan 2017
Was it because you heard UBW or Fate/Zero is good with a lot of action and is kinda flashy?
Or was it because you heard about the tragic love story between Saber and Shirou potrayed in Fate/Stay Night 2006?
For me, I heard that the Fate/Stay Night Visual Novel had many lewd scenes and that those scenes were divine. So, I played the VN in order to watch those scenes. I just wanted to move forward in the story when those scenes appear as fast as I can, but then I was fascinated by it's plot and couldn't care less about those lewd scenes. In fact, sometimes I just wanted to skip those irrelevant scenes because I was just so attached to the plot.
I think no one would believe me if I told them I played an eroge game for the plot lol
What about you guys?
Do you like the Fate series?
swirlydragonAug 12, 2018 6:34 AM

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 12, 2018 5:52 AM

Sep 2011
Because of Tsukihime, which is by Type-Moon, and I'm a big fan of Tsukihime. Fate is by Type-Moon so yeah there you have it.

And I watched Fate(DEEN) around 2009, so that's before it becomes too mainstream.
TennoujiAug 12, 2018 5:56 AM

Aug 12, 2018 6:03 AM

Jan 2017
AmMar-Sama said:
I watched UBW for Rin's glorious thighs.

I have to agree. Rin's thighs are divine lol

Tennouji said:
Because of Tsukihime, which is by Type-Moon, and I'm a big fan of Tsukihime. Fate is by Type-Moon so yeah there you have it.

Which VN is better?
Tsukihime or FSN?
swirlydragonAug 12, 2018 6:10 AM

Aug 12, 2018 6:08 AM

Oct 2017
I watched Fate/Zero and Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works for Saber... And, I was rather disappointed after watching it...
Aug 12, 2018 6:13 AM

Jan 2017
KatsutoSaki said:
I watched Fate/Zero and Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works for Saber... And, I was rather disappointed after watching it...

You shouldn't have watched UBW, if that's the case.
If you want to watch a Fate series which is about Saber then watch Fate/Stay Night 2006 or read the Fate/Stay Night Visual Novel.
Saber's route in FSN is just so divine.
UBW is good, but I prefer the Fate route (Saber's route).
It's the best!

Aug 12, 2018 6:16 AM

Sep 2011
swirlydragon said:

Which VN is better?
Tsukihime or FSN?

I'd go for Tsukihime because I love Tsukihime's story more than Fate.

Aug 12, 2018 6:20 AM
Mar 2014
I first watched it because it was very well-known. The first Fate I saw was Fate/Stay Night (2006ish), and I liked it. When I watched it, UBW wasn't animated yet. I watched the Fate series in dub because with that franshise, I wanted to enjoy it rather then pausing a line, then reading the line (repeat). After watching Fate 2006 ish, I immediately watched and liked Fate/Zero, where I discovered one of my favourite characters. Because of the Fate franshise, I found my all time favourite anime studio.

If I rewatched any of them, I would still watch the dub. Before watching Fate/Zero and UBW, I actually like Fate 200 ish.

Oh and I also prefer Rin over Saber for the obvious reasons as to why someone would like her of Saber.
And I also don't like Saber and Shirou but I like white hair Shirou and Faker
Aug 12, 2018 6:21 AM

Jan 2018
Nah, nothing that sort of thing for me it's just luck or so to say because when I first watched the original fate after watching 7 or 8 episodes I was so frustrated that I decided to drop just because of Shiro because I just couldn't stand him then after 7 or 8 months while surfing facebook saw the video of Tohsaka and Luviagelita fighting and the animation caught my attention and after watching that decided to watch UBW and to my surprise it became one of my favorite anime and most surprisingly Shiro whom I just can't even bother to look at in the original fate became my favorite character of this series basically UBW is the main reason for me that has got me into this realm.
Aug 12, 2018 6:22 AM
Jul 2018
Its quite popular + i kind of got more curious watching the opening animation (on top 10 lists) and obviously the idea of summoning heroes from various eras to fight sounds interesting.

also Sakura is best girl
and fate kaleid illya is best waifu. No i'm not a lolicon.
Aug 12, 2018 6:44 AM
Apr 2018
Saber wearing a dress was the highlight of my life
Aug 12, 2018 7:03 AM

Aug 2016
Fate/Stay Night was airing at Animax back then. I liked it when I first watched, but I never gave it a second watch after that time, so I'm not sure if it still holds up.

But I was kinda forgetting about Fate until a friend of mine couldn't shut up about how great Fate/Zero is, so I ended up watching it and I had to agree with him for the most part.
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Aug 12, 2018 7:13 AM

Feb 2016
It was basically one of my gateway anime back when the 2006 version aired on TV
Aug 12, 2018 7:13 AM
May 2018
KatsutoSaki said:

You'd be more dissapointed on what saber had become in HF
(Except when you're a Salter fan)
Aug 12, 2018 7:18 AM

May 2014
Because I heard that Kaleid had yuri.
Aug 12, 2018 7:20 AM
Apr 2016
I watched FAte/Zero because it was a fcking good anime. Then i had to watch more fate things because i liked it. And it turned out it was all cool and good. I also watched Kara no Kyoukai before knowing they were all made by the same people and that was just great.
Aug 12, 2018 7:21 AM
Jan 2016
It was because of many anime fans praised Fate/Zero's visuals. Apparently, it's not only the visuals, everything else was quite good. There I thought, "If Fate IP is this good, then no wonder it's famous." How naive I was. After that great first experience, I never find any good anime based on Fate IP. And I realized that Fate IP is not as good as I thought. The end.
Aug 12, 2018 7:32 AM

Feb 2018
It was the first anime I started watching getting back into anime ...
Watched the ubw movie on YouTube and really liked it. And that’s that
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 12, 2018 7:32 AM

Jan 2018
Never watched it...

Aug 12, 2018 7:40 AM

Dec 2014
Saw Zero loved that the protagonist wasn't a highschool boy with plot armor and that Saber's white knighting bullshit didn't go unpunished.

Watched UBW, highschool boy with plot armor and even more white knighting.

Watched Apocrypha,plot armored 1 year old with holier than thou saint and the whitest knighting ever.

Watched Extra,literal reality warping plot armor.

Watched Carnival Phantasm.
This is it, this is what I've been looking for.
Aug 12, 2018 7:41 AM

Apr 2018
I wanted to watch fate/order cause the girl looked hot but then i saw it wasn't a serie but some 1 hour ova and that it was rated a 6 so then i wated to watch fate stay nigh but the art was too dated but then i saw that i could watch fate zero without watching the previous season so here i am watching fate zero (2 seasons) and planing to watch the rest and i am happy that fate order gonna get new projects(hope a full serie)
Aug 12, 2018 7:41 AM

Feb 2017
I was just looking for something new to watch. Heard Fate is really good and as a history buff the idea of summoning heroes of the past into present sounded something I would really love, so I decided to give series a try. Heard I should read VN first, and as soon as I started reading I fell in love with it.

After I finished VN I watched Fate/Zero. And since then I've been absorbing almost everything Fate/ related.

I really love Fate. Reading Fate/Stay Night was one of my favorite experiences ever. Love almost everything about it, but thing I would say I like the most are the characters. There is no single character in Stay Night and Zero timeline that I don't like or feel meh about. Many of my favorite characters from anime/manga/etc. come from Fate.
Aug 12, 2018 7:55 AM

Dec 2014
Tennouji said:
swirlydragon said:

Which VN is better?
Tsukihime or FSN?

I haven't read FSN yet but Tsukihime, I did and I must say, it had a suuuuuper dull translation, to be quite honest. It doesn't feel machine translated or anything but damn, it doesn't really flow well when you read it. Most VNs, I'd be able to read for almost a whole day but in the case of tsuki, I couldn't last an hour in most of my reading session with it. For the story, well, type-moon stories are always just decent for me. What they really do well is character development and tsuki has that so that's a plus, I guess.

Also, I believe there'll be a remake of tsukihime so I suggest, and many do too, that you just wait for it.
Aug 12, 2018 7:59 AM

Aug 2016
Heard about the greatness of Fate/Zero, watched in airing order, so I started with Fate/Stay Night

Since I was aiming to be a franchise completionist, that's when I added every single Fate entry I could at the time
Aug 12, 2018 7:59 AM

Feb 2018
AmMar-Sama said:
I watched UBW for Rin's glorious thighs.

all hail twin tailed tsundere goddess
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 12, 2018 8:04 AM

Oct 2015
Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya

𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔫𝔞 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠𝔥 𝔶𝔬𝔲,
𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔫' 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔪𝔶 𝔪𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱

Aug 12, 2018 8:12 AM

Sep 2011
thefreeloader said:
Tennouji said:

I haven't read FSN yet but Tsukihime, I did and I must say, it had a suuuuuper dull translation, to be quite honest. It doesn't feel machine translated or anything but damn, it doesn't really flow well when you read it. Most VNs, I'd be able to read for almost a whole day but in the case of tsuki, I couldn't last an hour in most of my reading session with it. For the story, well, type-moon stories are always just decent for me. What they really do well is character development and tsuki has that so that's a plus, I guess.

Also, I believe there'll be a remake of tsukihime so I suggest, and many do too, that you just wait for it.

I know the translation is utter shit but if I'm gonna disregard that, I just can't see Fate's story can beat Tsukihime's story, at least for me. And yes, I'm also just waiting for its remake even if I reach 30 years of age.

Aug 12, 2018 8:19 AM

Oct 2017
I-LOVE-FRIDGE697 said:
KatsutoSaki said:

You'd be more dissapointed on what saber had become in HF
(Except when you're a Salter fan)

I was interested in her before watching those series, but now I'm not...
Aug 12, 2018 8:26 AM
Jul 2018
honestly i don't remember at all
i think i was just bored?
Aug 12, 2018 8:48 AM

Dec 2016
I am a fan of history, so I thought the concept of famous historical and mythological figures fighting each other sounded cool. The stuff with Shirou and those other characters who aren't part of history don't really appeal to me.

What's the difference?
Aug 12, 2018 8:53 AM

Feb 2015
Astolfo
Good 12000 FPS fight scenes
Tohsaka's thicc thighs
what else...
so good Astolfo fanservice
Ehhh...

Have I mentioned Astolfo's belly?

Aug 12, 2018 8:55 AM

Feb 2015
I heard the title pretty often on the forums, so I checked out Fate/Stay Night some years ago, and dropped it after episode 3. Gave it one more chance with Fate/Zero, which was okay, but too edgy for me, and too much talk instead of fighting.

Last year, Unlimited Bladeworks was recommended to me, so I checked it out, and liked it much better than Zero. Then, recently, I began playing Grand Order when looking for a new mobile game to play, so getting more into the franchise now. Watched Kaleid a month ago, and it was pretty cool (well, the fighting was, lol). Was planning on watching Apocrypha next.
Aug 12, 2018 8:58 AM

Apr 2016
I watched Kara no Kyoukai, and found that ufo also did Fate. So I started with Deen Stay night and then the rest.

UBW is my favorite along with Carnival Phantasm. I also wanna fuck Astolfo. And touch Rin's thunder thighs.
Aug 12, 2018 8:59 AM
Jul 2018
i was curious about the servants and their identities and i read fate/zero was a decent series so i gave it a try
Aug 12, 2018 9:03 AM

Jan 2013
They said it's a gar anime so I came for manly man doing manly things, but was dissapointed in this regard.
Aug 12, 2018 9:19 AM

Jan 2017
I saw FSN 2006 in some recommendations and thought that it might be a good action/magic/harem show, so i gave it a try.
It was fun to watch but nothing special.
I'm more inclined towards shounen tropes so i think i will like UBW more.
Aug 12, 2018 9:22 AM
Apr 2018
swirlydragon said:
Was it because you heard UBW or Fate/Zero is good with a lot of action and is kinda flashy?
Or was it because you heard about the tragic love story between Saber and Shirou potrayed in Fate/Stay Night 2006?
For me, I heard that the Fate/Stay Night Visual Novel had many lewd scenes and that those scenes were divine. So, I played the VN in order to watch those scenes. I just wanted to move forward in the story when those scenes appear as fast as I can, but then I was fascinated by it's plot and couldn't care less about those lewd scenes. In fact, sometimes I just wanted to skip those irrelevant scenes because I was just so attached to the plot.
I think no one would believe me if I told them I played an eroge game for the plot lol
What about you guys?

The only fate series I actually like is fate kaleid liner prisma illya

Kuro x Einzbern X Shirou
Aug 12, 2018 9:25 AM

May 2013
swirlydragon said:

What about you guys?

I approve of this ship any time any day. I am waiting for ufotable to do a proper remake of the route (Nasu hopefully rewrites it for the adaptation).

I jumped into the Fate realm after watching the 2006 DEEN adaptation. Felt heartbroken at the end, and I needed to get more of my waifu fix. So I downloaded the VN and played it through its entirety.

Mana transfer scenes were the shit back when I was a little teenager. lol
Truly a Divine Comedy
Aug 12, 2018 10:41 AM

Sep 2015
just happened to be next on my list of things to watch
N.etorare T.echnical R.esearcher
Aug 12, 2018 10:53 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
I have not yet started the Fate anime's at all. One day i'll get to them for sure, maybe if a year passes by where nothing Fate related gets an anime.

That said I don't get where to start since people can never agree between Zero or Stay Night, something I'll have to figure out on my own it seems when the time comes.
Aug 12, 2018 2:07 PM
Aug 2018
My father had me play the NA Fate/Grand Order game when it was released last year. I really enjoyed the concept, so I started watching everything. I play both FGO versions (NA & Japan), Fate/Extella, and Fate/Extra. It's taken up my lore now, and us my favorite series ever.
Aug 12, 2018 2:13 PM
Aug 2018
AntwanMantilla said:
I have not yet started the Fate anime's at all. One day i'll get to them for sure, maybe if a year passes by where nothing Fate related gets an anime.

That said I don't get where to start since people can never agree between Zero or Stay Night, something I'll have to figure out on my own it seems when the time comes.

It's easier to watch Zero then Stay Night since the latter happens right after Zero. Just remember that Stay Night isn't really all that accurate to the real way Grail Wars work. Everyone that asks me, I give them a special order:

Zero
Stay Night 2006
Stay Night 2014
Apocrypha
Grand Order
Last Encore

The other stuff like the menu at Emiya House (roughly the title) and other side stories don't have to be watched.
Aug 12, 2018 2:25 PM

Jan 2013
Gigguk's review of Fate/Zero from like 6 years ago. I didn't even know F/SN existed back then but now I've seen all the anime spin offs (except Fate/Extra) and have played F/SN+Hollow Ataraxia.

So lets say I started Fate/Zero because it looked cool and then everything else mostly because of Illya. Except for Fate/Apocrypha which I watched for loli Jack the Ripper.

Oh and

swirlydragon said:

Hopefully everyone since that really wasn't the focus of Type Moon games. Basically those scenes were just put in there because it was unprecedented that a VN WOULDN'T have H-scenes in it.
If you need any more proof, the UBW anime obviously cut out the garbage H-scene with Rin and replaced it with a way more innocent one. Absolutely nothing was lost and you wouldn't even know the scene was in there if you only watched the anime.

But these days many VNs don't have H-content at all or they release separate versions with those parts cut out so it's really not uncommon anymore to play them just for the story.
Aug 12, 2018 2:26 PM

Dec 2015
Beacuse of the romance tag x) in Fate/Night.

Aug 12, 2018 2:32 PM
May 2018
Gilgamesh drew me into it and he is still my number 1 characther in fate alongside ikskandar
Also shirou saber cliche and uninteresting
Ps: shirou protagonist so bad that i want evil to win instead of him beating evil
Aug 12, 2018 2:37 PM
Aug 2018
Fate zero was the anime that, not only got me into the Fate universe, but also anime in general. Fate zero was just so beautiful for me: the characters were sublime, the story was tragic and the animation was top notch.
I have seen other fate series, like UBW, the DEEN adaptation, Fate Last Encore, Carnival Phantasm, etc. But none managed to catch me like Fate zero did (except Carnival Phantasm, which is one of the best things ever). I don't know if I'd consider myself a Fate fan, but I'm certainly familiar with the universe.
Aug 12, 2018 5:15 PM

Jun 2013
I watched Carnival Phantasm and found out that they made spin off series with the characters.
Aug 12, 2018 5:20 PM
we back

Aug 2015
I stumbled upon the Fate series via a gif I saw on Tumblr.

If I could travel back in time, I'd wipe that gif from existence so my past self would never have to go through such a horrible series.
Aug 12, 2018 6:27 PM

Apr 2018
1. Watched UBW
> Felt like I was missing something

2. Read all of the VN
>holy shit

3. watched zero
>holy shit

4. watched kara no kyoukai
> m o t h e r o f g o d
Aug 12, 2018 6:29 PM
Jul 2018
I had no interest watching fate series until I finished Tsukihime manga which got me interest into Type-Moon shows. Afterwards, did watched Fate/Deen version at first which I felt just decent but not so special until I finished F/Z then I realised how good it is (the overall franchise).
Aug 12, 2018 6:30 PM
Apr 2018
I heard about it around 2 years ago through the extra games, then when Fate/Extella was announced for the Switch. I thought it looked cool, and then I heard about its deep storyline and convoluted plot across multiple mediums. It took me a while to finally decide to get into it, because of how daunting it was. Then, Apocrypha came out, and I heard about Joan being one of the characters and I was sold. I decided to start with Dean/stay night (because the argument to start with the first line was strong), and got hooked and then Zero and UBW got better and better. I've watched Apocrypha, Extra and the Grand Order movie now too. But, only because I love the concept of Fate so much I needed more... but, they are not near as good. I hope they tell a new Grail War story in the format of Stay/Night... instead of changing the format like they do every other time. It's such a good frame to create a deep and interesting dynamic between many interesting characters.

While I love UBW the most, the dynamic between Shirou/Saber in the original is what makes me love that story almost more... regardless of the weaknesses in plot and variation from the Fate line. I need to play the VN really...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Character explaining their own power to opponent is stupid, why do they do that?

Rinrinka - 30 minutes ago

11 by Otakupervert890 »»
42 seconds ago

» Which of your Character Favorites (profile) do you think are the least faithful/biggest potential cheaters?

IpreferEcchi - 25 minutes ago

3 by tchitchouan »»
1 minute ago

» How often do you rewatch anime?

Destinesia - 2 hours ago

8 by r3v3l3v3l »»
4 minutes ago

» Do you get offended by sensitive content in Old Anime? ( 1 2 )

Dragevard - Apr 8

82 by SnipeStrike »»
5 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

78 by TheMinkalex »»
7 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.