Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 12, 2018 12:19 AM
Jul 2018
"Rule #7 Added. In an effort to curb the amount of toxicity present in Casual Discussion, as well as to hopefully reduce the likelihood of rule violations enabled by such threads, controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted. When in doubt, please contact a forum moderator."

This is my favourite rule, CD is officially a safe space now, don't fear anxiety driven mal denizens, your views will not be challenged here, instead, we will ask you what food you like, so you can have a DISCUSSION about it - but remember, no chatting in the forums.

The moderators have been trying to kill off this board for years now since the noh noh noh sexual talk rule, just fucking do it, delete it already
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 12, 2018 12:37 AM

Apr 2016
That you can't post picture of kitchen here. And second is you can't have ecchi signature, only moderators can have one.
Aug 12, 2018 12:38 AM

Apr 2015
Thank you for your brave service defying the moderators, OP.
hi
Sets
Last FM
Anime List
Manga List
Clue no. 2: Somewhere in one of the pictures in my forum signature.
Aug 12, 2018 12:58 AM
Jul 2018
i mean you'd understand why it exists if you went to ce
Aug 12, 2018 1:32 AM
Jul 2018
idk i haven't read a single forum rule
Aug 12, 2018 1:34 AM
Jul 2018
Cookies said:
Thank you for your brave service defying the moderators, OP.
Is that an attempt to chat? Or is this 'discussion' hmmmm I need to be reported asap
Aug 12, 2018 1:52 AM
Jul 2018
If mods delete this sub-forum my post-count will be chunked down about 8-9k

I miss Olwen and his Islamophobic. It was fucking hilarious
Aug 12, 2018 1:55 AM

Feb 2015
Rule 7 was only active around 2018... I forgot the time/date when it was. My fav forum rule is the rule that everyone virtually hates, which is the 30 char rule.

Swagernator said:
That you can't post picture of kitchen here. And second is you can't have ecchi signature, only moderators can have one.

do you still have the link of the sig that was removed by mods? I'd like to see it.
Aug 12, 2018 1:56 AM

Apr 2016
You can't spam hentai or you get banned for trying to be funny
Aug 13, 2018 5:52 AM
Jul 2018
Rule 7 is only "recent" and since the site went down for retarded reasons we aren't really seeing it's effects ... Yet.

But overall it's just so the mods can be lazy even though they volunteered and most of those gays are from forum games so they're Anal.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to become a forum mod. The snipe banning is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical forum modding most of the thread locks will go over a typical op's head. There's also the mod's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into their modding- their personal patrolling draws heavily from NeoGAF, for instance.

removed-userAug 13, 2018 5:57 AM
Aug 13, 2018 9:39 AM

Jan 2017
Swagernator said:

wait - what about the kitchen? lmao is that really a thing?

Aug 13, 2018 9:41 AM

Sep 2017
person: says retards
mods: 1 WEEK BAN!!!1!!!11!11!!!!

dunno what rule this is, but it's my favorite.
Edward Elric > your waifu

Aug 13, 2018 9:44 AM

Oct 2015
the anti spam rule is a gift from the gods

ᴅᴇʟɪᴠᴇʀɪᴇꜱ
ꜱᴇᴛ ʙʏ ᴍᴀᴢᴇ <3!

Aug 13, 2018 9:59 AM

Apr 2016
J_LEE_C said:
Swagernator said:

Yeah youre not supoused to post a pic of kitchen, you will get perma at this point.
Aug 13, 2018 10:18 AM

Jan 2017
Swagernator said:
J_LEE_C said:

Yeah youre not supoused to post a pic of kitchen, you will get perma at this point.

I guess I don't understand, or maybe am missing out on the slang and it means something else.

So is it a 'kitchen' as in the room in a house that food is prepared/stored in? Or is it some new hip slang for something completely different that the youngin's are saying nowadays.

Because I can't understand why a picture of an actual (room) kitchen would be bad (or why someone posted one in the first place to create that rule).

Aug 13, 2018 10:38 AM
Jan 2013
I like the Rule Violation Categories: Abuse because Kineta says the bads words and that's funny to my kid brain
gone bai bai
Aug 13, 2018 10:49 AM

Apr 2016
J_LEE_C said:
Or is it some new hip slang for something completely different that the youngin's are saying nowadays.

You don't even know how much you just nailed it.
Aug 13, 2018 11:14 AM

Jan 2017
Swagernator said:
J_LEE_C said:
Or is it some new hip slang for something completely different that the youngin's are saying nowadays.

I googled its slang and all I'm finding is stuff about black girls' hair and drug references.

Aug 13, 2018 11:18 AM

Apr 2016
J_LEE_C said:
Swagernator said:

I googled its slang and all I'm finding is stuff about black girls' hair and drug references.

You need to ask @NoLiferSoul for the clarification, he's the pioneer on this subject.

PS: The song in my signature is secret recording of me and NoLi arguing about that rule.
Aug 13, 2018 11:18 AM

Aug 2009
If anything, that posting in forum games don't increase the post counter. It tells me a few things.

Aug 13, 2018 11:21 AM

Aug 2014
Lmao

Definitely rule 7. Who goes to an anime forum to talk about trump? Talk about the damn chinese cartoons or whatever related thing. Seriously, why the hell does an anime forum need threads about conspiracies, holocaust denial, pedophilia, immigrants and all these other sensitive topics?

I'm not too fond of the no sex talk rule myself as I find it a fun topic, but I can definitely understand why it's there.
Aug 13, 2018 11:27 AM

Jan 2017
Swagernator said:
J_LEE_C said:

You need to ask @NoLiferSoul for the clarification, he's the pioneer on this subject.

PS: The song in my signature is secret recording of me and NoLi arguing about that rule.

Well, I've sent NoLi the question on his profile.

And as for that song link, I already clicked on it last night, and that's 2:58 of my life I'll never get back.

Aug 13, 2018 12:50 PM

Nov 2013
The person who wrote rule 7 is being racist.
7. Controversial/sensitive topics liable to incite rule violations (trolling, flaming, abuse) are no longer allowed. Please use the Current Events board for new developments in these topics, and follow the board rules there. This includes, but is not limited to, topics which:

a. aim to profile/stereotype, or question the legitimacy of, people based on their gender, sexual orientation, race, xenophobia, religion, etc.
b. discuss highly-debated social issues; e.g. abortion, sexual assault, immigration, etc.
c. focus on political ideologies and events; e.g. Nazism, fascism, world leaders, controversial laws/lobbies, etc.

It's implying that people have different races, which is not true.
The correct term would be ethnicity.
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Aug 13, 2018 3:53 PM

Apr 2014
thirty character limit is my favorite. i liked typing all that out instead of just "30 char limit"
Aug 13, 2018 3:57 PM

Sep 2012
Ardanaz said:
Lmao

Definitely rule 7. Who goes to an anime forum to talk about trump? Talk about the damn chinese cartoons or whatever related thing. Seriously, why the hell does an anime forum need threads about conspiracies, holocaust denial, pedophilia, immigrants and all these other sensitive topics?

I'm not too fond of the no sex talk rule myself as I find it a fun topic, but I can definitely understand why it's there.
i think you've been told a million times now that with this logic it makes no sense to even have CE or CD as boards.
this is what you're asking: "why do people use the non-anime sections of this forum".
just delete CD and CE, but stop saying this.

Oh maybe, maybe it's the clothes we wear
The tasteless bracelets and the dye in our hair
Or maybe, maybe it's our nowhere towns or our nothing places
But we're trash, you and me
We're the litter on the breeze
We're the lovers on the streets
Just trash, me and you
It's in everything we do
It's in everything we do

Aug 13, 2018 4:43 PM

Jun 2015
I really missed you calvi

but the rule really helps with ce I think

ce is awful

Aug 13, 2018 7:52 PM
Jul 2018
Ardanaz said:
Lmao

It's because the people in the community used to like to talk about things outside of anime, cause they obviously felt more at home here than other forums

rawrX3pounces said:
I really missed you calvi

but the rule really helps with ce I think

ce is awful
hey cody, good to see you still going, yeah Idk about the CE rules, I haven't read them, this was from the CD rules list
Aug 13, 2018 7:53 PM
Feb 2014
Ardanaz said:
Lmao

Then delete CE, it's probably not really needed anyways.
Aug 13, 2018 7:56 PM
Jul 2018
ComfyRize said:
Ardanaz said:
Lmao

> is constantly on CE

ahem yes Nico all our lives would be better without politics ahem ahem
Aug 13, 2018 11:06 PM

Aug 2014
ComfyRize said:

Yomiyuki said:
i think you've been told a million times now that with this logic it makes no sense to even have CE or CD as boards.
this is what you're asking: "why do people use the non-anime sections of this forum".
just delete CD and CE, but stop saying this.

If it was up to me CE would be removed all together. It's pretty clear this userbase can't handle a lot of topics maturely.

>this is what you're asking: "why do people use the non-anime sections of this forum".
That's not it. I'm asking why people need to constantly turn things politically. I don't know whether it's a thing with people in general or anime fans in general, but it's gotten way too bad over the past year or so. Before it was usually pretty alright.

And it's not like there aren't any topics left to discuss outside of anime and politics.

Oxalias said:
It's because the people in the community used to like to talk about things outside of anime, cause they obviously felt more at home here than other forums

That's fine, but why does it always have to be political?
Aug 13, 2018 11:43 PM

Jun 2015
Rule 7 yikes. I don't want constant fluffy convos about random shit. I think it would be good to have more dark topics so an actual real conversation could take place so these things are out in the open, and not treated like they're "bad and sinful things to talk about". If there's a sensitive topic, and someone feels uncomfortable about a thread, they don't have to read it. If there's some comment on a thread that makes them extremely uncomfortable, they should report it, because it's the mods' job to make a decision to see if it's too bad or nah. Rule 7 just puts a blanket over every sensitive single topic out there, when in reality each topic posted should be judged as an individual case. I've been critical of the mods lately, but that rule is basically an excuse for mods to be lazy.

I would like topics talking opening how people feel about mental health, suicide, sexuality, sex, society, etc but I don't want them to be constantly there either like how I don't want constant fluffy convos.

EDIT: I like me having rules and structure, but I sorta like the anarchy route of "read at your own fucking risk" with the topics I listed above.

lmao loving that OP used the title as a diversion to what it really was. Impressive.

Other than that, yeah 30 character rule for some threads!
CosmosAug 13, 2018 11:57 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 14, 2018 6:18 PM
Jul 2018
Ardanaz said:

Oxalias said:

It's one of the few things some people are passionate about, there is a lot of apathy in society in regards to most topics
Aug 14, 2018 6:39 PM
Jul 2018
Oxalias said:
Ardanaz said:

It's one of the few things some people are passionate about, there is a lot of apathy in society in regards to most topics

yeah but being an alt rightist is not a good thing
you can be passionate without being a bigot extremist about it
Aug 14, 2018 10:18 PM

Dec 2016

Hands down, it would have to be rule #7
Aug 14, 2018 10:19 PM

Sep 2011
I guess I'm the only one who likes the 30 character limit rule.

Aug 14, 2018 10:20 PM

Apr 2018
Never even knew that that rule#7 existed
Aug 15, 2018 1:13 AM

Aug 2014
Oxalias said:
Ardanaz said:

So why on MAL then? If you're passionate about politics, do it in a politics forum.
Aug 15, 2018 2:05 AM
Jul 2018
nicethings said:
Oxalias said:

Niehter is being a far leftist, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be allowed to spread their discussion
Aug 15, 2018 2:06 AM
Jul 2018
Ardanaz said:
Oxalias said:

So why on MAL then? If you're passionate about politics, do it in a politics forum.
Aug 15, 2018 2:18 AM
Jul 2018
nicethings said:
Oxalias said:

When you say something like that, you're already killing any space for discussion. The "is not a good thing" is strictly your opinion. I'm neither far right not far left but, I respect some ppl have some radical views. The truth is, that exact mindset is what drives people to the extremes, the "you can't do this" or "this is intrinsically wrong".
Also, note you used "alt right" and didn't even mentioned the extreme leftist who historically are associated with protectionist and nationalist movements. Both extremes are wrong but, you need them to maintain balance and intervene when things need to be shaken up.
Aug 15, 2018 2:33 AM

Aug 2014
Oxalias said:
Niehter is being a far leftist, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be allowed to spread their discussion

It does actually. We don't allow bigotry. So if people want to 'spread their discussion' then they can visit some other site.

Oxalias said:

That's fine and all, but we have too many users who can't discuss these topics maturely. The place became more and more toxic and something had to be done.
Aug 15, 2018 2:50 AM
Jul 2018
Ardanaz said:
Oxalias said:

It does actually. We don't allow bigotry. So if people want to 'spread their discussion' then they can visit some other site.

Oxalias said:

That's fine and all, but we have too many users who can't discuss these topics maturely. The place became more and more toxic and something had to be done.
You can't expect mature discussion without losing a huge amount of regular user potential through the implementation of constricting rules, I'm suspecting now for the first time, the amount of people regularly circulating the forums isn't a concern of mal dev, at the end of the day, they are strong opinions, and toxicity is relevant to other common courtesy rules
Aug 15, 2018 3:28 AM
Jul 2018
We actually have many people that arguaby have good points regardless their political views. Generalizing that most of MAL users can't take mature discussion and limit their potential is a questionable action.
Aug 15, 2018 4:13 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Swagernator said:
That you can't post picture of kitchen here.
Wait.
Like no joke I had something I really wanted to discuss in relation to my kitchen. I was going to post a picture of my own kitchen as an example for a thread.
I know they don't want you to even post a picture of your eyeball, but I thought just a picture of my kitchen of which I do NOT appear would have been safe.
But you're telling me someone got in trouble for posting their kitchen?

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Aug 15, 2018 4:17 AM
Jul 2018
Swiggy said:
Swagernator said:
Wait.
Like no joke I had something I really wanted to discuss in relation to my kitchen. I was going to post a picture of my own kitchen as an example for a thread.
I know they don't want you to even post a picture of your eyeball, but I thought just a picture of my kitchen of which I do NOT appear would have been safe.
If you genuinely post kitchen pic without implying anything, it is safe
Aug 15, 2018 4:28 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Onii-chan said:
Swiggy said:
Wait.
If you genuinely post kitchen pic without implying anything, it is safe
Okay, thank you.;; I swear it's... it's just a kitchen...!

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Aug 15, 2018 4:42 AM

Aug 2014
Oxalias said:
You can't expect mature discussion without losing a huge amount of regular user potential through the implementation of constricting rules, I'm suspecting now for the first time, the amount of people regularly circulating the forums isn't a concern of mal dev, at the end of the day, they are strong opinions, and toxicity is relevant to other common courtesy rules

Sadly people don't follow the common courtesy rules
Aug 15, 2018 4:44 AM
Jul 2018
Do you know what would be awesome?! Closing this thread :P Just saying.... Much love to everyone :)
Aug 15, 2018 7:26 AM

Jan 2018
Females kitchen, males a house?
An egg from a hen, cooked on a stove.
Bread with gluten, on a plate with sauce.
Let it go then, because it's not offensive.
Aug 15, 2018 8:43 AM

Apr 2016
Swiggy said:
Swagernator said:
Wait.

Kitchen here on MAL is like N word outside.

Ardanaz said:
Oxalias said:

Sadly people don't follow the common courtesy rules

Says a person who once called me "You're the most salty, pathetic bastard in the world :P"
SwagernatorAug 15, 2018 8:59 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Is this forum dead? It seems like it.

DesuMaiden - 12 hours ago

21 by Dracowyn »»
3 minutes ago

» Global enviroment ( comments )

SyrupPastryNice - Yesterday

14 by Kamikaze_404 »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » Which decade was the worst? ( 1 2 )

H-A-M-M-Y - Mar 27

72 by DollzchanAi »»
25 minutes ago

Poll: » Have you ever tried to write fanfiction?

TheBlockernator - Aug 11, 2022

49 by Spunkert »»
3 hours ago

» what is your favorite ice cream flavor? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Apr 5

64 by Spunkert »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.