Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 11, 2018 11:19 PM
Apr 2014
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
TheYoshimanAug 11, 2018 11:26 PM
Aug 13, 2018 10:39 AM

Dec 2015
Honestly, fuck this manga.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Aug 15, 2018 12:41 AM

Jan 2010
Holy shit, why the hell this sudden ending? Totally unreasonable. I knew I should have stopped last chapter, aki ending feel so wrong from everywhere you watch it
Aug 15, 2018 10:56 PM

Jul 2015
So best girl won; can't say I'm surprised lol, since the Yoshino x Masamune ship made no sense whatsoever. A bit unsatisfying with the abrupt ending, but they got together and that's all that matters. Kinda sucks how they ended up pushing away Neko's character in these last 10 chapters or so..

caught in the wonder
Aug 17, 2018 11:56 AM

Aug 2017
It just seems to me that the story was kinda rushed to end it sooner.. whatever🤷 atleast it's over.
Aug 19, 2018 8:36 AM

Jan 2017
Here's me, waiting the last month or so for another chapter... First the anime ended on them doing karaoke and then we get this as a finale. WHAT THE...
obviously the story is gonna revolve around the protaganists , but the lack of depth around the supporting characters was atrocious, akin to "female one," "male three" etc. etc. if you're going to give them a role, then stick to it; there were sub-stories that were left in complete. That was annoying -but to top it off, what was with this ending of running in circles.. It really felt strange.
For a generic romance story, thank god it's over. But why are you over with such ambiguity 😒
tidoesstuffAug 19, 2018 8:43 AM
Aug 24, 2018 4:58 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
joe_g7 said:

Thank you.

What a disappointment!
Lets start from the beggining, lets be honest, this series was never anything special, just a bunch of tropes and cliches put together. BUT it works you know, it was very fun to read, Aki was a classic tsundere, she IMO is the reason for this series to exist.
When the fatso (now a girl) first appeared, it was a major down, I loated that dude alot, thank god he got alot less screen time in the finlal arcs, and this made those last volumes more engaging.

I had hopes the final would hold, the drama leading to this showed promise, it really fooled me in thinking it would end in a high note, yes I wanted Aki x Masamune, but why ending it just there, like that?!
Feels like the mangaka just gave up, wasted potential.

8.1/10 = 8

Still I had some genuine fun reading this manga, and now it is over..
PlaycoolAug 28, 2018 3:24 PM
Aug 28, 2018 9:02 AM
Mar 2009
Playcool said:
joe_g7 said:

Thank you.

What a disappointment!
Lets start from the beggining, lets be honest, this series was never anything special, just a bunch of tropes and cliches put together. BUT it works you know, it was very fun to read, Aki was a classic tsundere, she IMO is the reason for this series to exist.
When the fatso (now a girl) first appeared, it was a major down, I loated that dude alot, thank god he got alot less screen time in the finlal arcs, and this made those last volumes more engaging.

I had hopes the final would hold, the drama leading to this showed promise, it really fooled me in thinking it would end in a high note, yes I wanted Aki x Masamune, but why ending it just there, like that?!
Feels like the mangaka just gave up, wasted potential.

8.1/10 = 8

Still I had some genuis fun reading this manga, and now it iover..

Yes... What he said.
Aug 29, 2018 10:44 AM
Feb 2018
Is 49 chapter the last one? MAL says total of 54 chapters, wtf is going on.
Aug 29, 2018 2:10 PM
Jul 2018
To be fairly honest the entire Yoshino x Masamune ship never made any sort of sense... personally if it went to that route, it just made the entire plot-line pointless and wasted. Because ya know. Yoshino was the one at fault with all of this in mind... it wouldn't make ANY sense within the context of the series as a whole. Once the revelation came around, and the plans... then in that particular case, she deserved to get cucked.

Not to mention I don't like her that much to begin with so, there's that explanation out.

I will admit that the execution when it comes to forgiving or anything is quite flat in a way, but point being... it was an attempt at making Aki look bad for something she didn't had fault at all by the end. There's at least one, but for the most part this all was caused because of Yoshino.

Nothing spectacular when it comes to the series as a whole... but I prefer the ending to be like this than what was indicated previously.
Sep 2, 2018 8:10 PM

Mar 2017
A_silent_Being said:

There are 49 chapters and the chapters like 46.1 and 46.2, 20.1 and 20.2, so in the end there are more than 49.

I stopped to undestand some things in the plot a few chapters ago, honestly, and the ending let me more confused. It was fun, but the history has some problems.
Sep 3, 2018 11:35 AM
Feb 2018
@Nanmye Thanks for replying, was eagerly waiting. Just finished anime and was looking for closure to story in manga - but guess all there is shitty ending.
Sep 5, 2018 7:08 AM

Feb 2018
Wow im so eksposed for Adagaki

A_silent_Being said:
@Nanmye Thanks for replying, was eagerly waiting. Just finished anime and was looking for closure to story in manga - but guess all there is shitty ending.
will masamune revenge get seasson 2 adaptation?

A_silent_Being said:
i think masamune revenge will not get seasson 2 because masamune revenge get bad score i think studio was not create for seasson 2

A_silent_Being said:
49 its end dude in 52 myanimelist is exstra i think.

Waller said:
Holy shit, why the hell this sudden ending? Totally unreasonable. I knew I should have stopped last chapter, aki ending feel so wrong from everywhere you watch it
i hope masamune will be fujinomiya girlfriend

52 chapter? But in manga 49 chapter its end how?

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
DeadlyRavenMar 26, 2020 4:18 AM
Sep 10, 2018 2:11 AM

Nov 2008
Shirokuza said:

If the numbered chapters don't match with the chapter total, it's typically because the total also includes special chapters and one-shots at the end of the volumes or something.
Sep 10, 2018 3:59 AM

Feb 2018
Bakazuki said:
Shirokuza said:

If the numbered chapters don't match with the chapter total, it's typically because the total also includes special chapters and one-shots at the end of the volumes or something.
ohh it special chapter,i dont know im not found Manga FanSub.
Sep 29, 2018 7:38 PM
Jul 2018
Shirokuza said:
Waller said:
why tho? Shes the most logical and most developed out of all the other characters and Neko already got rejected
Sep 29, 2018 7:52 PM

Feb 2018
Manuel_Gekky said:
Shirokuza said:
why tho? Shes the most logical and most developed out of all the other characters and Neko already got rejected
what do you mean??
Oct 6, 2018 4:25 AM
Aug 2018
Can anyone explain why it says there are 54 chapters when there are only 50? If you include the extras there should probably be over 60 chapters counting .1 .2 .3 chapters and such.

Also second the ending. They kept bouncing back and forth between ship and not and back to ship, felt so forced just to get everybody's feelings out of the way and create another 10 chapters of drama before arriving at the inevitable conclusion. Even making you second guess what's going to happen just to say f*** it and make all the drama pointless and make it all normal again.
Oct 10, 2018 9:33 PM

Dec 2017
Shirokuza said:
A_silent_Being said:
i think masamune revenge will not get seasson 2 because masamune revenge get bad score i think studio was not create for seasson 2

Lol. I can't believe people still believe the scoring system. smh
Oct 17, 2018 4:26 PM
Aug 2015
That??? Made??? No??? Sense??? Why is he suddenly going out with Aki? Was that weird allergy only because of his stress?? Didn‘t he say he liked Yoshino actually? What is even going on?
Should have ended with him rejecting everyone, cuz somehow all of this is weird.
It was a fun read though, I‘ll give it a 7.5
Oct 25, 2018 1:48 AM

May 2012
lol well i actually liked the ending i was pretty pissed at the Yoshino ending vibes we were getting cuz at the end of the day she fucked up his life in a way like pretty harsh but well if the manga kind of did 1 thing right, that was that you felt some sympathy for the main guy, tsundere-chan and little maid girl, all 3 of them you can kind of be like "yeah i kind of get why they acted like a fucking dick"

Anyways i don't get why people are so surprised and acting like retards about not understanding how MC was able to be with Tsundere-chan at the end, the reason he got that weird rash was cuz in his heart he thought that she was the one that had pretty much told him to fuck off back when he was mrs piggy in the earlier days so he got this subconscious sense of rejection towards her so of course when little maid tells him the truth he's able to let go of that weird rejection of her and it was pretty obvious that he did like her and i really liked how they changed each other throughout the series and how they kind of grew so it was a kind of enjoyable ride.

However side characters being treated like garbage, adding that 3rd rich girl out of nowhere and literally giving her such a stupid reason to be added into the drama .... and that fucking paris trip bro !!! THAT FUCKING PARIS TRIP BROOOO

yeah the author was trying to milk this but he wasn't no Nisekoi author he should have just ended this shit without trying to try to make this longer then it needed to an honestly weird 6/10 from me since i enjoyed some parts of the series like the dirty casual i am but there were just 2 many weird things going on in this series.

Truly, comparisons between fellow humans are what turn out to be the most infuriating.
Nov 8, 2018 2:06 PM

Feb 2012
This was a friggin rollecaster of emotions. Sometimes it was sad, sometimes happy, somethings sad, sometimes it made no sense, sometimes it was beautiful. Uff, Its finally over. If I have to say something about the ending its that I am glad, I liked it.
The art was beautiful all the way, this is one of the most beautiful mangas Ive read.
Nov 15, 2018 2:56 AM

Jan 2014
I saw what seem to be a continuation titled 'masamune no revenge after school' on manga rock, is this legit?
" I'll find you and fall in love with you all over again " - Asuna
Nov 22, 2018 4:29 AM
Sep 2018
Manu_ said:
This was a friggin rollecaster of emotions. Sometimes it was sad, sometimes happy, somethings sad, sometimes it made no sense, sometimes it was beautiful. Uff, Its finally over. If I have to say something about the ending its that I am glad, I liked it.
The art was beautiful all the way, this is one of the most beautiful mangas Ive read.

Finally someone thinking like me :)

Makabe x aki

Forever :)
Nov 29, 2018 11:23 PM

Dec 2009
Aries said:
I saw what seem to be a continuation titled 'masamune no revenge after school' on manga rock, is this legit?

It is legit, I already read the first chapter of the sequel ^___^ it's pretty weird how MAL hasn't list it yet....
Dec 6, 2018 9:25 PM

May 2016
Thought I commented but now I see I did not.

Hell with this ending, I didn't expect Master to win but a "Fuuka" kind of ending?! hell with this series

10 (in the 48 chapter) ---- 5 now :)
Dec 21, 2018 2:43 AM
Apr 2014
I ended up not rating this manga, it was a solid 8 but this last chapter is too much of a wtf. Made me believe in a ship only for it to be sunk in the most gross way possible. I just can't forgive that.
Dec 23, 2018 3:20 PM

Oct 2015
It's so good to see all these Yoshino x Masamune shippers hate the end. We all knew from the beginning that he would choose Aki at the end, stop bitching about your so called "best girls" which is just a plain and a boring character
Jan 2, 2019 2:32 AM
Aug 2018
I must admit that i found the ending slightly disappointing as well.
But then again, i was bullied as a kid as well, so i think i automatically create Animosity towards Aki.
Any of the other characters would have been a better match with him, in my mind. Even the Feminine boy.

But it was a good manga, that just had a undesirable ending. So 7 out of 10.
Feb 5, 2019 9:04 AM

May 2016
Anowser said:
It's so good to see all these Yoshino x Masamune shippers hate the end. We all knew from the beginning that he would choose Aki at the end, stop bitching about your so called "best girls" which is just a plain and a boring character

Even if I had shipped Cruelty and bothersome tsundere princess, you can't just move so suddenly from one ship to another, it was stupid. I knew Piggy was going to choose Aki but the author made a lot of (now) stupid chapters with Master to choose the same route.

He said a manga is 80% finished when the two protagonist end together and just for the sake of "I am so intelligent and you couldn't read me" though, he extended the manga for a stupidly unexpected ending.

If it had ended around the end of the anime, we would have thought "predictable" but not with the hatred that you now see.
Feb 25, 2019 10:13 AM

Jun 2012
Well if anyone wants to read the sequel , you can find it on mangarock as @LastLuminescence said , it will make the ending so much better for everyone , truly a wonder why it isn't listed on MAL .
May 30, 2019 6:52 PM

Jun 2015
What a very abrupt and mediocre end. It could have been worse though.
:)
Jun 11, 2019 2:28 AM

Jun 2015
Abrupt ending, wonder if the mangaka was rushed or he ran out of inspiration. It could’ve been a whole lot worse than what it was. neko still has my heart for this series though
Sep 6, 2019 4:50 AM

May 2012
Definitely an abrupt ending here but the six sequel chapters does vastly improve ending for this series even if my girl fujinomiya lost. The story for this series is more or less a revenge story turned into a harem basically. Not groundbreaking but I guess it does the job. The characters are well-designed and have their own unique quirks. As far as romcoms go this is around average. 7/10 (including the sequel chapters)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 21, 2019 7:34 AM

Aug 2013
I stopped reading this around 29 or so, when i caught up to the translator and ended up forgetting about it till now, when i happened to stumble upon it in mal.
I still wish he ended up with yoshino.
I was hoping it was going to be a swicharoo type deal romance but it was boring till the end. Yoshino would have made me rate this an 8, but since it was b8, its a 6
■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■
Feb 5, 2020 3:24 PM

May 2015
THANK........................FUCK!!!!!!!!!!

Honestly these last few chapters have been so bipolar and all over the place that I was genuinely worried and angry with the way it was going. Especially since I just got off from re-watching the anime and read through the manga to get the ending it would have pissed me off soooooo much if it didnt happen.

The first part of that chapter was painful to read. I genuinely thought Yoshino was gonna be the winner. Dont get me wrong, Yoshino is my best girl. But Aki is the one I wanted him to end up with.

Im REALLY happy to see Yoshino and Aki being true friends and them accepting eachother. The wiki had me really worried as it said Yoshino "despised" Aki. But luckily that wasnt the case and they do care for eachother.

Really sucks to see this end though. I just binged reading it all and it was good. Last few chapters were giving me heart attacks but overall good. Ending was a bit quick but meh.

I want to see more Yoshino and Aki interactions as friends. Those two are the reason I went onto the manga. (That and I wanted to see the ending which I thankfully got what I wanted.)
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 26, 2020 4:02 AM
Jul 2019
So he was with Aki, but thinks he's more happy with Yoshino. Aki and Masamune broke up, went to his grandpa to think, Yoshino followed Masamune to confess but rejected her and Masamune went back to Aki.

I swear he'll just switch between Yoshino and Aki everytime, might as well have a harem ending, I bet Fujinomiya wants that.

Well I enjoyed the "Revenge" arc. Like the author said, 80% of the manga is done when the feeling's mutual and I agree. Should've just ended with Aki being his girlfriend, the last part was unnecessary cause he went back to Aki anyway. Like the guy said above me, it's bipolar.

7/10. Would give this an 8 if they at least shown the fruits of Masamune's labor. Sure they have those teasing moments but I never really got the feel of them being a real couple, I still think they were pretending like in the island. Give me real couple moments.

Again, 7/10.
Apr 28, 2020 3:55 PM
Sep 2018
I was really happy with Yoshino x Makabe Finishing. But no! They just had to bring that "Short Haired Girls are Rejected" Dialect. I really am Unsatisfied. Completely hate this ending. I was liking Aki because I thought she would get over Makibe one day. But no! The Author had to make Yoshino a fool. I loved Yoshino. And then the Short haired girl again loses
May 18, 2020 2:19 PM

Apr 2016
I did like the anime adaptation I watched years ago and I finally read the manga. What to say, I did like the manga too, I’m very happy with the ending, Aki is my favorite kind of female character. It’s a good series.
May 19, 2020 9:10 AM
Aug 2019
iScream4z said:
Manu_ said:

Finally someone thinking like me :)

Makabe x aki

Forever :)

LOL, No, it's. not. Period.
Aug 5, 2020 12:06 PM

Dec 2015
Bros, the story was so fun, even though it got lots of cliches, I was om team aki since the beggining, but when I first saw masamune saying yoshino he enjoyed more the time when they were planing the revenge, I was starting to think, hey, not bad at all.
It also feels fresh, I mean clearly they both got feelings for each other, but then that plot twist of, "hey no, I was confused, my hives that were telling me Im not really into aki suddenly stopped and now I think I really like her", nop that doesnt work.

Yeah, yoshino was the reason the whole misunderstanding happened, why masamune became narcisistic, why aki became scum with men, but at the end she was spending so much time with masamune, that it would feel natural they eneded together
Aug 7, 2020 6:18 PM
Jan 2017
joe_g7 said:

I just finished the manga. And as soon as I read your comment I died of laughter dude 😂🤣😂
Sep 15, 2020 12:19 PM
Apr 2018
For a moment I thought this was going for other way wtf did the autor did what, but ok was ok
Apr 18, 2021 7:33 AM
Sep 2019
Chapter 48 was such an interesting development, only for the author to give the middle finger to everyone that has taste with chapter 49.

Would have been a strong 8 from me had it ended on chapter 48, but with that ending, somewhere between a 6 and a 7.
Aug 17, 2021 5:13 PM
Aug 2021
I love how Yoshino, a gofer character like that finally got to be with MC. Kinda sick with a typical tsundere to always win in Rom-com manga.

But the ending really disappointing. I don't know why the authors change the idea. It's seem the author wants Yoshino to win though. Maybe authors got a pressure from their director or fans🤷🏻‍♂️.

Anyway, overall for a Rom-com is great, but the end is kinda suck. We already have that kind of ending from nisekoi🤷🏻‍♂️
Oct 24, 2021 3:34 AM
Feb 2021
I hate how those two MC didn't say anything and seems forgiving to Yoshino the wretched culprit. All misunderstanding, this hate and their separation happened because of her pulling ugly string. In my eye, she is the most detestable and dreadful characters aligning with the same rank of BITCH from Shield Hero. She is no cute in fact, she is absolutely appalling and downright hideous and her romance with Massamune would have been one chaotic mayhem.
Dec 28, 2021 1:47 AM
May 2016
Awful end after what happened with Yoshino and Makabe in chapter 48, it should have ended there and it would be a great end, 49 ruined it. The problem is not that Adagaki won, but how it happened, turning Yoshino and Makabe's relationship into a joke after a great development. I also think the author did intend to be Yoshino and Makabe together, but was compelled to change to Adagaki and Makabe.
Jan 7, 2022 5:07 PM
Jun 2020
After Yoshino and Piggy having lots of development im just gonna pretend chapter 49 never happened. :(
Jan 9, 2022 1:52 AM

May 2014
Feels very rushed near the end. Though, I commend the author for actually trying to tie the 'loose ends' instead of the usual ambiguous end for the supporting characters or friendship ending that most romcom usually has. Problem is there's not enough substances for the other characters such as Neko and Yoshino to actually give it a satisfying closure.

First few vol was really good, Impostor (SUS) Masamune kinda ruins the enjoyment for the School Fest and Paris arc. There's also huge tone shift with the last few chapters that it started to feels more of a Shoujo manga. Tsundere / childhood friend winning is ok in my book, but it just feels rather sudden and abrupt.

Art is quite good and character design are appealing. And it seems like the art picked up even more near the end, it's very enjoyable to see.

Still, quite a fun read. Would recommend if you have nothing to do for a day since you can pretty much binge it for like 2 days because it's rather short.
Apr 1, 2022 2:26 PM
Jul 2019
Wait so y'all just mad he didn't pick the girl that ruined his life? And called him Piglet
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Chapter 58 Discussion

Aramanime - May 27, 2023

10 by JavanyXD »»
Mar 26, 7:29 PM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Chapter 56 Discussion

TheYoshiman - Mar 28, 2021

6 by JavanyXD »»
Mar 17, 1:52 PM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Chapter 31 Discussion

Stark700 - May 26, 2016

6 by JavanyXD »»
Mar 14, 7:43 AM

Poll: » Aki vs Yoshino

mechian - Aug 7, 2017

5 by RobertBobert »»
Feb 29, 5:20 AM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Chapter 67 Discussion

ARK-13 - Dec 5, 2023

18 by waalex11 »»
Feb 29, 3:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.